Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

@Mr Demus: Solid first season. Hope you can build on this and push for promotion next year.

Thanks. Yeah, so do I, but I have a big problem. I can't get any decent MC's, so I have to grab whatever I can get. Weakest spot of the team by far.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: A bit superstitious, so I should possibly not do this update, but what the hell. :D

Halfway through the season I am sitting top with 10 wins and 3 draws. Undefeated. It will be a nerve-wrecking second half. Hope that I can keep up with the good performances.

First Season in Pro League.

badgen.jpg

Season Summary:

Great first season in the Pro League, took some major scalps of Anderlecht and Standard Liege, beating them both 1-0 at home and beating rivals Charleroi home and away in both derbies, and I narrowly missed out on a Euro Cup place by just losing the play-off against Genk. Players such as my left winger Lorenzo Camurri really came of age and it was a fantastic first season in the top flight.

League Table, Euro Places Play-off Group, Euro Places Play-off Semi Final, Euro Places Play-off Final

Player Stats

Manager Overview

Club Overview

Team Report

Next Season:

Next season I expect to push further on and (possibly) making it to Europe for the next season, and hopefully I can take a few more scalps in the league and go on a good cup run.

Season  |       League       |  Position  |            Finish            |      Cup    |   Top Scorer    
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 |  Third Division B  |    2nd     |       Lost in Play-off       |  5th Round  |  Issame Charai  
2013/14 |  Third Division B  |    1st     |          Promoted            |  6th Round  | Anthony Lorezon 
2014/15 |  Second Division   |    3rd     |     Promoted in Play-offs    |  4th Round  | Abdallah Yaisien
2015/16 |     Pro League     |    8th     |   Euro Places Playoff Final  |  6th Round  | Lorenzo Camurri

Promotion!! At last. Tollnes is now going to play in the next highest level in Norway, after four seasons in the second division.

Clinched it four games before the end, thanks to a man called Stellander and a late equalizer from Tromsø 2 against my fiercest opponents.

I am really delighted because of this.

Work tomorrow. Going to bed soon. But I just had to share my excitement.

Full update is due some time tomorrow.

Okay, second season (well, third with simmed one) in Romania adds a new rule to Liga 2. After 22 games, the league is split in 2. So primary goal this season is to get into the top 6, so I will avoid the relegation group.

Promotion!! At last. Tollnes is now going to play in the next highest level in Norway, after four seasons in the second division.

Clinched it four games before the end, thanks to a man called Stellander and a late equalizer from Tromsø 2 against my fiercest opponents.

Congrats Taunton. Nicely done

Hmmm, with one game to go I'm 2 points off first place and the only promotion spot. I fear if I don't make it up this season I may bail on Hungary for now. I'll keep the save but I'm thinking I'll start a new save in another country, possibly in the big euro league thread. I'm losing enthusiasm when half the teams are wearing all white kits or all black if they're away. It ruins half the fun and drains the game of colour and interest. :( (yes, I know this is a lame reason but it does kinda spoil the fun)

150px-BASK.svg.png

FK BASK 1903 Beograd - Midseason 2012/13

Squad ~ Club Info ~ Facilities ~ Fixture List

Table 14th-16

Not playing too well at the moment. Only one 3 games so far. I don't understand what is going wrong, some of my players are apparently of Premier Division quality but... doesn't look like it to me. I need a new goalkeeper.

No players are standing out at the moment but I have some players who have high potential... My top scorer scored all his goals in one game... not looking good. Hopefully I keep my job long enough to get to the end of the season :(

Serbian Cup

I wasn't even entered for this :s

History

[b]Season     League          Position    Cup              Achievements[/b]
12/13      First League    14th/16     N/A          

Excellent, well done Taunton. It must feel like a real achievement because I know how difficult that division is!:thup:

Originally Posted by Yerko van Basten viewpost-right.png

Hi there,

i was playing last year your chalange, but i didnt comment on forum. Here I go with SV Schwechat in 2nd austrian league...

Great to have you here, look forward to following your Austrian adventure.:)

Time to get this show on the road:

logo.png

PARTIZÀN BARDEJOV

A semi-pro team in a league full of professional teams (the three I checked anyway), no staff (a goalkeeping coach who statwise should be able to hold a job involving toilets and cleaning) and players wanting to leave before I have my boxes unpacked (generic East-European name turns down latest contract offer x 3 is really what you want to see on your first continue), I don't see how this could go wrong.

Anyway...

the most fun about these challenges is always the stadium, so I present you Mestský štadión Bardejov. Not too bad, just don't turn around. How FM thinks I'm supposed to (safely) cram 12.000 people inside I don't know, but I don't think I'll have to worry about that anytime soon.

Nothing captures the magic better than this

. Wouldn't mind lending the sprinkler, looks very proffesional.

This is me by the way, and my weapon of choice.

*thanks to kremmen (@ SortItOutSI / @ SI forums) for creating the Metallic Logo Pack (including suprisingly a Slovak 3th division side, good work)

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2015 - Norwegian 2. division, group D

Table (1st, promoted.)

All good things comes to those who wait. Finally we got the promotion, and we had a solid season, being top all year.

Decided to be a bit more adventurous and it paid off. We started with eight straight wins, and sixteen games without defeat.

That was the cushion we needed to cruise in the league win.

I am very curious how we will do in the first division, but we will do every thing we can to make sure we stay up.

The board announced a new stadium, and that is encouraging, though it wont be ready until 2017, and the capacity is just 1258.

Best player: Mats Diego Skårdal. Signed him mainly because of his name, Diego after Maradona, and Skårdal is the name of a famous norwegian alpine skier. He was exeptional in his playmaker role, and provided 21 assists.

Top scorer: Atli Heimisson

Economy: Got bad advices from Berlusconi

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 33.000 p/w (30.000 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 0 Nkr p/w (90.000 Nkr p/w)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 272 (222)

Players in: 15 (20)

Players out: 21 ( 21 )

Survival is key next season, and I will also try to do better than Tollnes' best league placing ever, which is 16th in the first division.

Have to say that a Champions league final seems light years away.

Season | League   | Position  |  Cup  | Europe    |      Top scorer         |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Issa Ibrahim Malam (9)          
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Torstein Mjønner  (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd |    N/A    |  Thomas Larsen     (12)
2015   | 2. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 2.rnd |    N/A    |  Atli Heimisson     (12)

150px-R.F.C._de_Li%C3%A8ge_Logo.png

Biscotti's Belgian Adventure | RFC Liége | Belgian Third Division A | 2012/13 Season

League: 1st | Past Positions (Predicted 2nd)

Championship Playoff: Losers

Belgian Cup: 6th Round (0-5 vs. AA Gent)

Transfers

First order of business was sorting out the squad. I hadn't inherited a bad first team, but it was severely lacking in depth, so after cutting a handful of players who were obviously not good enough I set about bringing in the new blood. At the start of the season my average age was nearly 27, but is now sitting at a very healthy 24. Anyone who followed any of my career in Portugal last year will know I take a very Wenger approach to signing players, so this suits em just fine.

In terms of the league, it really was a bit easy. It's not like we stormed the league or anything, managing to lose 8 of our 34 games, yet we still ended up as winners by a clear 10 point margin. I was also very happy with our cup performance, knocking out Second division team Lommel Utd in the fifth round, although I'd have liked a slightly better showing against AA Gent.

The squad

GK: Cliff Mardulier

DL: Willem Appiah-Ofori

DR: Eric Deflandre

DC: Yoann Barbet

DC: Mateusz Kuzmicki

MC: Abdoulaye Coulibaly

MC: Bobby Mendes

AML: Marco Ingrao

AMR: Laurent Kwembeke

ST: Rony Baynon

ST: Kurt Weuts

Going forward, I'm fairly confident of our chances in the second division. I don't know that we can win it, but I would definitely like to have a good run at the playoff places. To that end, I'll be looking to strengthen, most notbaly on the flanks. Deflandre is 39, and while he's kept up pretty well at this level I doubt he'll be able to keep up in the second division. Aside from Barbet, all of my quality centre-backs were loanees, so I'll also be looking to improve in that area.

While I'm tracking the youth players to come through the club over in Neppo's thread, I'd also like to highlight a player I signed from one of the academies: Roger Kabana Sita. This lad has already shown he has an eye for goal, becoming the youngest ever RFC Liége scorer with a brace on his début at the tender age of 15 and 307 days.

[b]Biscotti's Belgian Adventure[/b]

Season	League		Position	Cup		Europe		Coefficient Rank	Belgian Pro League Rank
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13	3rd Div A	1st		6th round	N/A		N/A			15th

Starting in Sweden. New manager of IFK Hässleholm.

ifkhssleholm.png

IFK Hässleholm was founded in 1905. They play at Österås IP, a stadium which hosts 5500 spectators of which 800 can be seated. Their hometown is Hässleholm in Skåne County, and it has roughly 17000 inhabitants.

The club is probably most famous for having Peter Crouch on loan in 2000.

Thanks guys. I've actually been really happy with Deflandre's season, and he's also my club captain and AssMan as well. He's just announced his retirement from football for the end of next season, and I'm still undecided as to whether I'll be keeping him on as AssMan at the end of his contract - will have to wait and see.

Maccabi Kabilio Jaffa 2012/2013 – Season 1 – Jimbowmanuk

After 2 unsuccessful attempts at this challenge I finally found a league to compete in. I took the Job at newly promoted Maccabi Kabilio Jaffa in the Israeli National League.

Chairman expects

League: Avoid relegation: Achieved but only just

State Cup: Reach 7th round: Not difficult we didn’t enter til that round

National Toto Cup: Learn from experience: Managed to reach the quarter-finals

With no backroom staff on the books this was my 1st area to concentrate on but for some reason I could only offer £130 pw and no staff wanted to sign for that, fortunately I was able to sign player coaches for more money and the staff was in place.

I brought in a lot of players over the year to help with my attempt at survival

Transfers

The best player I brought in was Norwegian Jo Sondre Aas, who finished 2nd top scorer in the league. One problem with Israel is that you can only register 3 non-Israeli players so I concentrated on Nationals instead.

League Table *note that after 30 games the points are halved and teams are split into 3 groups

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

A good start to the league had me believing a top half finish was well within our means, but a midseason blip left us down near the bottom, the team started picking up results towards the end of the season and found ourselves 14th placed finishing 1 point behind guaranteed safety, meaning we had a play-off match against the 3rd placed team from the division below. We proved we were stronger than them winning 6-2 on aggregate.

State Cup

We went down to lower opposition on penalties after a 1-1 draw

National Toto Cup

Finished 2nd in our group and reached the quarter-finals but were outplayed and put out

In conclusion the end of the season form kept the team up and the board offered me a 2 year extension on my contract, goals for next season are to try and finish in the top 10 and perhaps even reach the semi-finals of the Toto cup.

After i took hot seat at SV Schwechat, i was well surprised. The board gave me 150.000€ season transfer budget and 120.000€ p/m wage budget. There were no staff but whole squad without regens. First i collect free staff and then went scouting and shoping and brought few players. But i didn't read the league rules quite well (squad can have 7 foreign players and only 3 over 21 foreigners can be in match squad)...i have 8 foreigners, so 1 can't be registered and only 1 is U21...so practicly 4 of them are playing while other 3 prays for injuries...

after 5 friendly matches (last two lost at home aginst Rennes 3-1 and 5-1 against Borussia M) i started away at Blau-Weis Linz (media prediction 7th) and won 4-2 and my 17 years old Mitja Lotric (free transfer from slovenian ND Mura05) scores hattrick on debut, then in every three days new match, two at home on Rudolf-Tonn Stadium capacity 8.000 we won both against First Vienna (8th) 3-1 and Rheindorf Altach (5th) 2-1 so we have brilliant start and our supporters Artillerie Schwechat are very pleased for now :)

I will finish this challenge this year!

Has anyone got anywhere with Switzerland yet? I know Biscotti tried and gave up on em, but I didn't catch why.

So, to Biscotti, did BSC Old Boys turn up at all? And what was your reason for giving up on em? Also, to anyone doing Finland, how many times did Santa Claus turn up? And to the players of the Serbian leagues, what about Macva?

I will finish this challenge this year!

Has anyone got anywhere with Switzerland yet? I know Biscotti tried and gave up on em, but I didn't catch why.

So, to Biscotti, did BSC Old Boys turn up at all? And what was your reason for giving up on em? Also, to anyone doing Finland, how many times did Santa Claus turn up? And to the players of the Serbian leagues, what about Macva?

I didn't see BSC Old Boys, and the fact you have to holiday for 2 years (due to league changes meaning no promotions in the first season) followed by only a single promotion per year means you are very unlikely to get a team come up you actually want. The reason I gave up on Switzerland, though, was because things just weren't going well for me and I wasn't getting into it.

It's something I might go back to at some point, but I'm starting to feel things in Belgium now so it won't be soon.

150px-BASK.svg.png

FK BASK 1903 Beograd - End of Season 2012/13

Squad ~ Club Info ~ Facilities ~ Fixture List

Table 13th-16

Well after the break we won 3/3 and I thought we had turned a page but I just couldn't force a performance out of the team... like blood out of stone. Second time I've failed a challenge in FM, got relegated and therefore sacked. Anyone out there got any tips on how to do this bloody challenge! I am useless!!

Key Players

Top scorer Steve Manu with 6 goals from 25 games

Best performer Milan Milanovic instantly became a fan favourite with two goals in his first game after the winter break... as a CB!

Milos Zivanovic scored 4 in 12 when I signed him on a free at the midpoint but it wasn't enough

Serbian Cup

I wasn't even entered for this :s

History

[b]Season     Team    League          Position    Cup       Achievements[/b]
12/13      BASK    First League    13th/16     N/A       Relegated   

Mafino. Don't give up. Try another nation or team. I struggled big time the first two seasons, but now things are getting better.

Hope you will give it another go.

Update from me is that I have started the season in the 1. division better than feared, and now I knocked a Premier team out of the cup. So I am slightly more optimistic when it comes to staying up this season.

I think I'm going to carry on in the save. Is there anyway I can take over some other team while having my original managing profile? So that when I start as the time the first game isn't really my first game in management as the game says

Well I am getting pretty fed up of this game now, I've made some great signings (I think) and do well in pre season and this happens (they're not even the best team in the league) Really starting to get pissed off now
I'm the same, struggling big time again this season. It is the hardest starts I've had to FM's ever, I'm back in the relegation places and just two points from safety at the halfway stage. My squad is dire, but apart from that I'm kinda enjoying this years FM! :D

Just don't give up, it's as much about the struggles as the succes stories. :)

I agree. It is nice to see that every team we choose makes a different challenge. I can only say that it will pay off in the end, even though it can be very frustrating at times.

Keep on fighting, guys. (Or girls if there are any doing Gundos challenge at the moment.)

I'm the same, struggling big time again this season. It is the hardest starts I've had to FM's ever, I'm back in the relegation places and just two points from safety at the halfway stage. My squad is dire, but apart from that I'm kinda enjoying this years FM! :D

They do seem to have made these challenges tougher for this season. I'm over in the Big Euro Nation, and no one in there even gets close to breaking even money-wise, wage budgets shrinking season on season. I can only imagine what's it's like for you guys. Well, until I finally get round to coming and playing over here that is...

Alright lads, I didn't bother with this last year but have previously been involved in other years and decided now is the right time to come back :cool:

Before I decide on my team I just want to let you know that Slovenia's reset date is 30th June and here is a link to 2 days before This was the one that I wanted but I couldn't get my choices of NK Svoboda Ljubljana or NK Kranj so I decided to try Switzerland which has a reset date of 20th June (not sure if that is on the OP but thought i'd confirm) (Link to 18th June)

I have a bit of a dilemma here before I start, FC Kliens are the team that keep coming up after being relegated in the first season (proof below)

relegationproof.jpg

I know in the 1st page it says that with the amount of teams that go down in the first season that is going to be tough to get a club outside those 6 but they won the Swiss cup whilst being unplayable. They aren't in Europe this year obviously and the Europa run ended as soon as it started

cuprun.jpg

If they had won it the season gone i'd not have even considered taking them, in fact I really want Old Boys to come up but it isn't happening so thought I would ask the forums view before I took the job as I know that cup win obviously would have boosted their rep a bit more than it already would be. To balance things out a bit Grasshoppers and Luzern have been relegated over the past few years so it's hardly going to be a stroll.

Any objections then I won't take the save on and will keep reloading in the hope I get Old Boys

Archived