Gundo's FM12 European Adventure Challenge™

I'm massively confused about the Croatian league structure and I'm wondering if there's some kind of bug going on here.

Last season there were 16 teams in diivsion 1 and 5 got relegated, but only 1 replaced them. There were only 15 teams in the second division, but 4 got relegated and only one replaced them (my Vukovar team). That means that this season there are only 12 teams in the first division and 16 in the second.

To add to the madness, this year there are 3 relegation spots in the first division, but only one promotion spot in the second. It gets crazier... There are 7 (SEVEN) relegation spots in the second division this year. Seven! Wtf? Are they only going to be replaced by one team or 7 or what? It's crazy, I've got first division teams asking me for friendlies on Wednesday's in their winter break because they've got nothing to do. And at this rate, there'll only be 10 teams in the first division next year.

I've looked on Wikipedia and there's no mention of the league structure changing from 16/16 with one auto promotion/relegation and one playoff/playout spot (second bottom vs second top). Anyone think I might need to bring this to SI's attention? I've looked in the editor but there's nothing in there about promotion/relegation rules. I'm really getting into this save, I'd hate it to be ruined by something as stupid as this. :(

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

150px-FK_Zemun.svg.png

FK Zemun - Mid Season 2020/21

Club Info ~ Facilities ~ Finances

League Table - Fixtures - 1st

Identical to the 2018/19 season where we won the league for the first time. Dominating the league winning 13 and drawing 2. Fantastic record so far. Very chuffed!

Key Players

Vladimir - Scores most free-kicks and is so amazing on the ball. Every time he gets it something happens. Agreed a 5 year deal too so well happy. If I get further into the Champions League Vladimir will definitely be there.

Seydou Traore - Continuation of last year. Outstanding player. Appeared for France in the EURO 2020 Championships but got injured so only played one match.

Jimmy Martins - A player I signed a while back but only coming to fruition now. My utility man has been useful so far. Said he doesn't think he'll play for France and wants to play for Serbia! Good lad

Mame Diedhou - Like Jimmy, I signed this guy a while ago and is now showing what he can do. Often getting bids for him but I'm not selling.

Champions League - Fixtures - Group Table

Identical to last season, drawn a tough group of Man Utd, AS Roma and Olympiakos. Beat Man Utd at home, which was fantastic. Unfortunately dropped points to Roma so another 2nd placed finish. It's very good for me to maintain this but I would like to see some progress now that I am sort of established let's see what we get in the next round.

Serbian Cup - Fixtures

Easy run to the Semi Finals where we will meet Red Star, who knocked out Partizan.

Random Points

- Marcao, my beloved Brazilian-Serbian CB who has been with us for 7 years finally wants to leae and won't enter negotiations. Rather than let him go for free in the summer I want to cash in and attempt to replace him. I know it won't be easy, Zemun isn't a nice place to come and play football but hopefully I will find someone. But look how many clubs want him!

History

[b]Season Team  League       Position Cup         Europe                Achievements[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7288388&viewfull=1#post7288388]12/13[/url]  BASK  First League 13th/16  N/A         N/A                   Relegated   
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7300881&viewfull=1#post7300881]13/14[/url]  Zemun First League 1st      N/A         N/A                   Promotion!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7307904&viewfull=1#post7307904]14/15[/url]  Zemun SuperLeague  11th/16  Semi Finals N/A                   Just survived & 2 matches from European Football
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7311320&viewfull=1#post7311320]15/16[/url]  Zemun SuperLeague  2nd      2nd Round   N/A                   Champions League football!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge™?p=7318611&viewfull=1#post7318611]16/17[/url]  Zemun SuperLeague  2nd      2nd Round   Lost @ first hurdle   Europa League next year
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7330511&viewfull=1#post7330511]17/18[/url]  Zemun SuperLeague  3rd      Winners!    Europa Lge Qtr Final  Breakthrough season
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7341837&viewfull=1#post7341837]18/19[/url]  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Qtr Final   Europa Lge Grp Stge   Champions!!!11
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7346122&viewfull=1#post7346122]19/20[/url]  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Winners     Champions Lge 1st Rnd Domestic Double

Also if you want to track my progress a little more closely you can follow me on

twitter.png

I'm massively confused about the Croatian league structure and I'm wondering if there's some kind of bug going on here.

Last season there were 16 teams in diivsion 1 and 5 got relegated, but only 1 replaced them. There were only 15 teams in the second division, but 4 got relegated and only one replaced them (my Vukovar team). That means that this season there are only 12 teams in the first division and 16 in the second.

To add to the madness, this year there are 3 relegation spots in the first division, but only one promotion spot in the second. It gets crazier... There are 7 (SEVEN) relegation spots in the second division this year. Seven! Wtf? Are they only going to be replaced by one team or 7 or what? It's crazy, I've got first division teams asking me for friendlies on Wednesday's in their winter break because they've got nothing to do. And at this rate, there'll only be 10 teams in the first division next year.

I've looked on Wikipedia and there's no mention of the league structure changing from 16/16 with one auto promotion/relegation and one playoff/playout spot (second bottom vs second top). Anyone think I might need to bring this to SI's attention? I've looked in the editor but there's nothing in there about promotion/relegation rules. I'm really getting into this save, I'd hate it to be ruined by something as stupid as this. :(

I would guess that they are in the process of shortening the teams in the league over a couple of years? But if Wiki doesn't say anything... I'd try another country if I were you

santaclausx.png

FC Santa Claus Mega Update (Seasons 2013-2016)

I last posted after season 1, having won promotion to the Premier Division. I've kept playing since, but haven't had a chance to post, so here's a mega update to catch everyone up.

2013:

Our first season in the Premier League, the board upped us to professional status, and allowed me to start scouting all of Europe. A few new talented youngsters came in from around Europe. My board also sold off last seasons star young central defender Oyvind Johansen for 675k pounds, costing me a talented player but helping to secure our finances. We had a very successful season, finishing runner-up to HJK, who have some individual players making more than my entire wage budget!

Table

Squad

Transfers

2014:

A great season, we finished top of the table by 1 point! Champions League, here we come.

Table

Squad

Transfers

2015:

Another league title, and I finally began to have money to spend. After going through 4 starting keepers in 3 seasons, I splashed some cash on a young Icelandic keeper who my scouts are extremely high on. Hopefully he'll solidify the position well into the future. The board sold defender Arkady Smirnov for 2M pounds. I'm losing talented players, but our financial situation is getting better and better...

Table

Squad

Transfers

2016:

Things are starting to get dicey. Some of the young players I signed are approaching the end of the cheap long-term contracts I signed them to, and are looking to get paid. My wage budget still isn't high, and some didn't want to discuss terms. Anyone who refused to sign was sold in January, for some pretty large sums (for Finland). Between European competition and player sales, our financial future is secure. The board also allowed us to start scouting worldwide, and a few young South Americans, as well as Shigeru Ubukata, the 18 year old captain of the Japanese national team, were signed. An even more dominant season saw us run away with the league, and HJK is finally starting to drop off the pace.

Table

Squad

Transfers

Unfortunately, things could really blow up in 2017, as a large number of my core players will be out of contract after the season, and I may be unable to re-sign them. We'll have to see...

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]Finnish Cup

[/TD]

[TD]League Cup[/TD]

[TD]EURO Cup[/TD]

[TD]Champions Cup[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2012[/TD]

[TD]1st (1st Div)[/TD]

[TD]Lost 7th round[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2013[/TD]

[TD]2nd (Prem)[/TD]

[TD]Won[/TD]

[TD]Won[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2014[/TD]

[TD]1st (Prem)[/TD]

[TD]Won[/TD]

[TD]Lost quarter final[/TD]

[TD]Lost 1st knockout round[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2015[/TD]

[TD]1st (Prem)[/TD]

[TD]Won[/TD]

[TD]Won[/TD]

[TD]Lost semi final[/TD]

[TD]3rd in group stage[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2016[/TD]

[TD]1st (Prem)[/TD]

[TD]Won[/TD]

[TD]Lost semi final[/TD]

[TD](Currently playing)[/TD]

[TD]3rd in group stage[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This season 2011/12 1.HNL has 16 clubs, 2.HNL has 15clubs. But next season 2012/13 1.HNL will be reduced to 10 clubs, so clubs in position 11-16 in 1.HNL will be relegated to 2.HNL which will have 16 clubs in season 2012/13 (1st is promoted to 1.HNL, clubs 2-11 stay in 2.HNL, 5 clubs which are relegated from 1.HNL and 1 promoted from 3.HNL)

Here's link http://www.druga-hnl.com/upl/docs/Propozicije_natjecanja_Druge_HNL_2011-12-novo.pdf (but is in croatian language)

SV Schwechat

Europe Here We Come!!!

I finished my 2nd season with my SV Schwechat yesterday. After promotion last year, with no money and few new free transfer signins, we won Bundesliga!!! Thanks to superb tactic (because my players don't have such potential), we won the title with 4 points more than Austria Salzburg. We were leaders almost whole season with 11pts more than 2nd until last 5 matches, when injuries and most i think AI break my tactic. We also won Austrian Cup, where we were lucky in draw (quoter final we got club from 2nd league, semifinal we got the worst club from Bundesliga and in final at sellout Ernst Happel Stadion won 1-0 against Salzburg). In bundesliga there are Salzburg and Sturm, others are weak but fewtimes richer than we are. Again we had best attack 92 goals (20 Akapa, 17 Lotric) in 36 matches and 7th defence.

Season Team          League       Position Cup         Europe        Achievements
12/13  SV Schwechat  1. Liga      1th/10   2nd Round   N/A           Promotion!   
13/14  SV Schwechat  BundesLiga   1st/10   Winners!    N/A           Champions League next year

Just a brief note to say that I am plodding along in Belgium still (albeit very slowly). Unfortunately it's a SW:TOR Beta test weekend this weekend so I doubt I'll play at all, but I'll hopefully have a season done sometime next week.

And finally!! Tollnes is promoted to the Premier division!!

:thup:Congrats Taunton, time to compete with the big boys now:D. What clubs have been dominating the Tippeligaen in your save?

:thup:Congrats Taunton, time to compete with the big boys now:D. What clubs have been dominating the Tippeligaen in your save?

Really looking forward to that. And trying to get out in Europe eventually. It has been Rosenborg, dominating, winning the league six out of seven seasons. The other season it was Lillestrøm that won, Rosenborg third. Also Vålerenga has been in the top three a lot, so it is nothing unusual. And disappointingly, Viking, was relegated, and they didn't manage to get straight up again.

@Mafino: Great progress. You are my bet to complete this challenge first.

@Nightowl: Great run of titles there. Now go on and do well in Europe.

@Yerko: Already dominating Austria. Great work. Good luck in Europe.

Tiller FC - Triple Season Update

2014 Season Review

Following a very successful campaign the pressure was on to retain our place in the First Division. The squad was strengthened with a number of players and we just needed to ensure a steady start to the season. This would be tough as we were plunged into heavy debt by the necessary expansion of the stadium.

League Table - All in all a really good season, enabling us to move on to the next level, couldn't quite believe it.

Tiller are Champions!

Players

Klimenta - Had an absolute belter of the season. He played well but not quite sure he has the necessary to really make it at the higher level.

Kouadio - The rock, my Captain, a Legend! He really solidifies things at the back, and also scores a few from corners, a real asset.

Knezevic - The other DC who came in and hit the ground running, a very useful addition to the squad.

Ouatarra - I'm expecting big things from this guy as he looks like he will get better as he adjusts to life in Norway.

2015 Season Review

Well now we're in the top flight it is a battle to stay there. We are still semi-pro which doesn't help the situation in bringing in decent players! Saying that they did set a decent transfer budget and wage structure. It was just a case of fighting for every point! The Youth facilities were in need of an upgrade, so that then put another dent in the coffers! Mid-way through the season a board takeover happened and i managed to retain my position within the club, although there was no investment.

I did manage to bring in this guy, who i have big hopes for - Jhonny Pajon.

League Table - A pretty solid season really given everything that happened. The aim for next season will be to push up the table and se where we go from there!

Players

Kouadio - Yet another good season, although this was effected by injury and did cost us in the end.

Knezevic - Proved to be a standout performer in the season, and certainly added a few much needed goals.

Bitarov - A new signing who seems to have settled quickly. Looks to have a decent future with Tiller.

Ouatarra - He is beginning to find his feet in the league and managed to find the net a few times too.

2016 Season Review

The aim was to try and push up the table and see if we could make mid-table. This meant a few new players would be needed, but still being semi-pr was proving to be the biggest hurdle. THe only players who were interested in joining us were youngsters and that wasn't giving me the experience we needed. That said, the boys had a blinder! We went on an amazing unbeaten run from mid season, which saw us pushing for European football. Not just any European Football, we were there or thereabouts for the Champions League. Imagine my amazement as the teams around us began to choke and we would be crowned champions if we could avoid defeat in the last game!

League Table

Champions League here Tiller come!

Players

Ouatarra - I told you he would come good! 19 goals in 19 games, back of the net! League's Top Scorer, and Young player of the Year, not a bad season then!

Knezevic - Another solid season from the Serb.

Bitarov - Going from strength to strength, adding a few goals and assists.

Moreno - A major coup for the club getting this Argentinian youngster. He was the midfield general and knew how to thread a pass.

Kouadio - Back to his best, what a club man!

Pajon - Now this guy started to show his class alongside Moreno. Goals, assists the lot!

At last the Tiller turn professional, hurray!

Well after all that i need a lie down! I hope you can see why i haven't posted my season reviews, i just keen to press on!

I shall keep you all posted as my maiden voyage into Champions League football progresses.

Good luck one and all :cool:

default.jpg

YF JUVENTUS 2018/19

Table

Champions League

Cup (knocked out in 4th round)

Squad Overview

Player of the Season

We've finally got our first league title after a mixed season. Again we continued to make our lives as hard for ourselves as possible buy dropping points in stupid games, in fact it took a 86th minute winner to finally do it.

The Champions league however was a different story, beating Juventus over 2 legs to make the group, beating Arsenal 4-0 at home and aggregate wins over PSG and Bayern were the highlights of our run to the semi final. Lyon were a lot better than us in the semi and deserved more than their 2 goals over the tie if i'm honest but nevertheless it was a good run and i'm pleased we can at least compete against the big teams.

To try and address a few of our problems i've changed the strategy from counter to standard, changed the libero to a sweeper, inside forwards from attack to support as with the wing backs.

Incoming I have brought Bahoken and Meier on frees (yes, even with a £9M kitty I am trying not buy anyone yet :D) and they are being molded in to inside forwards as I don't think we provide that much of a threat from out wide.

We are getting the stadium converted to an all seater, though no increase to the capacity as yet but with season tickets being doubled this year to just over 750 and an average attendance of 2,400 last year I think it won't be too long. I've made the first set of improvements to the training facilities and will do so again as soon as the option comes up to. Unfortunately our youth facilities are rented and there seems to be no option to buy our own so i'm making do with increased junior coaching every time it lets me, though nobody even close to good has emerged yet.

The chairman wants to sell the club now, we've already had one failed attempt so we'll see how that goes.

Year    | Division      | Position | Cup       | Europe
---------------------------------------------------
2013/14 | Challenge     | 2nd      | 2nd Round | N/A
2014/15 | Challenge     | 1st      | 3rd Round | N/A
2015/16 | Super         | 6th      | Winners   | N/A
2016/17 | Super         | 2nd      | 2nd Round | N/A
2017/18 | Super         | 2nd      | 3rd Round | Europa 1st knockout
2018/19 | Super         | 1st      | 4th Round | CL Semi Final

Mafino, well done on another excellent season, Cookie congratulations on winning the league mate.

Good work Night Owl

Taunton, I may have progressed far but the game is getting increasingly annoying because the big teams are nabbing my players and I can't find anyone that is as good as them that would join a club in Serbia :/ I think I'm going to have to try and improve the league's reputation first. I got Chelsea in the next round :/

Yerko you're mad Europe in 2 seasons! Well done

Cookie that's quite funny Tiller only become professional when they get to Europe haha. Good job though.

Dexter Morgan yes pal Semi Finals! Good job. I'm in the same boat as you, I have £15 transfer budget but not keen on spending it!

This season 2011/12 1.HNL has 16 clubs, 2.HNL has 15clubs. But next season 2012/13 1.HNL will be reduced to 10 clubs, so clubs in position 11-16 in 1.HNL will be relegated to 2.HNL which will have 16 clubs in season 2012/13 (1st is promoted to 1.HNL, clubs 2-11 stay in 2.HNL, 5 clubs which are relegated from 1.HNL and 1 promoted from 3.HNL)

Here's link http://www.druga-hnl.com/upl/docs/Propozicije_natjecanja_Druge_HNL_2011-12-novo.pdf (but is in croatian language)

Aha, thank you very much. :) I used google translate and think I managed to find the bit that explained relegation/promotion between the leagues.

budafokilc2.jpg

End of season report 2015/16

Table | Past positions | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Finally we got the victory we wanted. We were up there the whole time, but it was very close the entire season. With 10 games left of the season it was only 5 points from 1st to 6th, but we managed to sneak away with a storming run after the winter break. We didn't lose any league matches after new years and secured the title with one match to go. With the league, two domestic cups and Europe this season we started to have fixture congestion, but we have a rather strong squad so we should be able to manage. I'm still looking to get better players, and since we are playing in Champions League next season better players should want to join us.

The season started with the Szuperkupa, kind of Hungarys Community Shield. As we won the Magyar Kupa last year we were up against league winners Videoton. None of the teams were in the best of shapes, but in the end we won it on pens. The next cup we started was the Magyar Kupa. We wanted to win it again this year, and we manged it in the end, beating relegated Diósgyőr 2-1 in the final even though we were down to 10 men for most of the game. The final domestic cup is the Ligakupa. We got easy enough to the semi finals, but there we needed pens to overcome Kecskemét before beating Ferencváros 2-0 in the final.

This was also out first stint in Europe were we entered the Europe League at the 3rd qualifying round. We were drawn against Slovakian outfit Zilina. We dispatched them easy enough before we were to find out our final opponent before the group stage. We got Galatasaray, the big turkish outfit. I had no hopes to go past them, and as we struggled to get a 1-1 draw at home in the first match, this were looking harder and harder. Before the away match I told the players to relax since we're going lose anyway, but they had other plans as we won it 2-0! We went into the group stage and got a very hard group. We still managed to get three draws and three losses so I quite happy with our preformance in Europe this season.

The main players this season is kinda hard, as almost everyone had a good season. Still, the best player is probably Adrian Paul. His main problem is his mental weaknesses. He drops form as soon as I demand something in my team talks, so I need to tiptoe around him at all times. But when he delivers as good as this season I won't complain. Other notable players are Dalibor Gal, Márcio and Branislav Postrk.

Season      Divison      Position    Kupa             Europe      Achievments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13      NBII          1st       2nd round        N/A         Promoted as champions
2013/14      Bank Liga     8th       Quarter final    N/A         Mid-table
2014/15      Bank Liga     4th       Winner           N/A         Cup double, qualified for EL
2015/16      Bank Liga     1st       Winner         EL Group      Domestic treble, qualified for CL

150px-FK_Zemun.svg.png

FK Zemun - End of Season 2020/21

Club Info ~ Facilities ~ Finances ~ Team Stats

League Table - Fixtures - 1st

Finally managed an unbeaten season! Drew 3 games all year and to be honest we blew the league out of the water. We are now officially top dog. My only concern at this point is that if Vladimir and Traore don't play thent eh team falters because these two literally carry the team. It happened on occasion in the Champions League but more on that later.

Key Players

Milan Medjedovic - Seeing as I play a 4-1-2-2-1 this guy has done remarkably well for a backup striker.

Seydou Traore - Same as ususal, ripping Serbia apart with 39 goals in 35 games.

Vladimir - More of the same really. Essential player.

Malte Sander - My attempt to replace Marcao did very well! Scored a hat-trick from CB, good lad.

Anzoumana Kone - What a left foot! 20+ assists yet again. 2nd in African Defender of the Year.

Champions League - Fixtures - Group Table

Going by recent expectation, it was a little disappointing. Drew Chelsea in the 1st knockout round but 3 of our key players were out (including Vladimir and Traore) so they saw us off 4-0. We didn't even score :/ For some reason I was seeded 4th this year aswell. Quite annoyed by that, I was 3rd last year.

Serbian Cup - Fixtures

Easy run to the Final, bagged my joint biggest victory ever against 9 men Borca.

Random Points

- As much as I wanted to accept this offer from Ivory Coast I couldn't :(

History

[b]Season Team  League       Position Cup         Europe                Achievements[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7288388&viewfull=1#post7288388]12/13[/url]  BASK  First League 13th/16  N/A         N/A                   Relegated   
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7300881&viewfull=1#post7300881]13/14[/url]  Zemun First League 1st      N/A         N/A                   Promotion!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7307904&viewfull=1#post7307904]14/15[/url]  Zemun SuperLeague  11th/16  Semi Finals N/A                   Just survived & 2 matches from European Football
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7311320&viewfull=1#post7311320]15/16[/url]  Zemun SuperLeague  2nd      2nd Round   N/A                   Champions League football!
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge™?p=7318611&viewfull=1#post7318611]16/17[/url]  Zemun SuperLeague  2nd      2nd Round   Lost @ first hurdle   Europa League next year
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7330511&viewfull=1#post7330511]17/18[/url]  Zemun SuperLeague  3rd      Winners!    Europa Lge Qtr Final  Breakthrough season
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7341837&viewfull=1#post7341837]18/19[/url]  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Qtr Final   Europa Lge Grp Stge   Champions!!!11
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279724-Gundo-s-FM12-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=7346122&viewfull=1#post7346122]19/20[/url]  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Winners     Champions Lge 1st Rnd Domestic Double
20/21  Zemun SuperLeague  1st      Winners     Champions Lge 1st Rnd Domestic Double & went unbeaten in the league!

Also if you want to track my progress a little more closely you can follow me on

twitter.png

HNK Vukovar '91

Croatian Second Division

2012/13 - end of season update

vukovarbadge.jpg

Table || Graph || Squad || Best Eleven || Transfers || Fixtures|| Finances || Profile || Info

We did it! It was a bit of a struggle in the second half and we never really got a run going like the first half of the season, but we did enough to be crowned champions of the second division!

:D No-one really excelled themselves in the team, but our league leading 11.28 work rate rating kept us going throughout every game and meant we scored 18 goals in the least 15 minutes of games. The stars of the second half were almost exactly the same as the stars of the first half of the league, so I won't bother you with any screenshots.

The cup was a bit of a waste of time, we got to the first round but were soundly beaten by Sibenik, who finished 9th in the first division.

Thanks to the £415k payout for winning the league we managed to turn a profit however - something almost unheard of in the first season of this challenge I think. :)

Aims for next season:

• avoid relegation
  • find a decent striker, it was the main missing piece from this season

Season | League | Finish | Cup | Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------
12/13 | 2nd division | 1st | 1st round | Champions, manager of the year

And I got a new stadium from the promotion! Got to love the cost of eastern european labour - £230k for a 4736 capacity stadium is sweet. And no loan payments to take out. :D

And we turned professional to boot. Although this may prove a difficult one - wages are going to boom and I don't know if we have the finances to deal with this.

Well, having attempted this in FM2011 without much success, it's time for my second adventure in Slovenia. So, here is the new manager of Krka, John Mason.

Badge.png

NK Krka Novo Mesto

Manager Information

Quite a large squad available to me, compared to last year's Adria, as well as a low wage total too, just £1,464/wk out of my £2,856/wk budget. A transfer budget of £7,627 will allow a couple of decent additions, but after a request to the board to increase the scouting range of the club proved futile, I'm left with players from Eastern Europe and Croatia only. Slovenian Second League rules only allow one non-EU player in a match squad anyway, so I'm not hindered too much by the board, who 'love the club'.

Squad (Too many to fit, Assistant's initial team selection)

Boardroom

I'm likely to give an update come the end of August, with a summary of transfers, should I make any. For now, I'm off to Slovenia ;)

default.jpg

YF Juventus 2019/20

Table

Cup

CL Run

Squad Overview

Player of the Year (Guess who again? :D)

Honourable mention

After 6 previous years of having the feeling something wasn't quite right with the team this year I am delighted with the way we have played for most of the season, if anything any poor performances were due to my tactic change early on which nearly saw us knocked out of the CL and could have blown our league chances by early October. We were sitting bottom of the CL group with 1 point after 3 games and was seriously thinking about having a break from the save but 2 clicks of the tactic converter later and I had a feeling I could get it to work and how it did. We won 3-1 at Valencia, 3-1 at home to AC and 3-1 at Benfica to turn the tide around. We started picking points up again in the league as well to sit 3 points clear at the winter break.

The knockout game against City was the biggest disappointment in the remainder of the season, 3-1 up from the first leg we missed a penalty at the council house and they went straight up the other end and scored, we held out and was looking to be through to the quarter final but they scored with the last kick of the game (2 minutes over the 4 minutes injury time :rolleyes:) Having said that it may have turned out to be a blessing in disguise as we scored an amazing 47 goals in the final 14 league games (plus the 9 in the final 2 rounds of the cup) Moser was obviously a big key to this and he is now rightly a club legend (though i'm a bit disappointed that i'm only an icon :D)

I've not rested on that and have brought in

Ye (compensation)

Kalashnikov (Bosman)

and record signing Grigic and sold anchor man Ailton who I feel was a weak link and temperamental right back Supka to Leeds.

My main concern with the squad now is the goalkeeper position, both are very good domestically but I get the feeling neither are of the caliber for what we must be aiming for now and being Champions League quality side. Ouwerkerk is number 1 but he's not improved for the last 2 years, Ye has potential to be better than either keeper in the squad and with me failing to find an established keeper good enough i'm tempted to sell one keeper and throw Ye in to any game bar those against Basel, Young Boys, and Xamax domestically and obviously leave him out in the CL for this year.

Year    | Division      | Position | Cup       | Europe
---------------------------------------------------
2013/14 | Challenge     | 2nd      | 2nd Round | N/A
2014/15 | Challenge     | 1st      | 3rd Round | N/A
2015/16 | Super         | 6th      | Winners   | N/A
2016/17 | Super         | 2nd      | 2nd Round | N/A
2017/18 | Super         | 2nd      | 3rd Round | Europa 1st knockout
2018/19 | Super         | 1st      | 4th Round | CL Semi Final
2019/20 | Super         | 1st      | Winners   | CL Quarter

maisonjaune, good luck and welcome.

Britrock, well done

Mafino good season there, unlucky with the Chelsea game.

Congratulations XaW

(I think that's everyone who has finished a season since my last post, apologies if i've missed you out)

It seems everyone is finally getting their team somewhere near where they want it now, wouldn't be surprised to see someone complete this in the next 2-3 days (Mafino being my tip)

Wow, you guys have been busy this weekend. Well done Mafino and XaW. Welcome Dan BHTFC - good to see a familiar face from the Dafuge challenge! Right, time to psyche my boys up for our Champions League bow - we've drawn Glasgow Rangers, so at least we'll get enough cash to get us out of the red!

Great season Dexter_Morgan :D. Please, please, please give Kalashnikov number 47 :p

I had already thought of that :D

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/S_M_P_L/YF%20Juventus/47.jpg

Just sold my 2 keepers after Mauricio was offered to me, he's a big earner compared to most (Moser is the highest on about £20k) but if he turns out to be one of the missing pieces it will be worth it as the fee was covered by the sales of the other 2.

tollnes.jpg

Taunton - Tollnes - Season review - 2018 - Norwegian 1. division

Table (Winners and promoted!!)

Finally, after seven seasons in this challenge, we are promoted to the Premier division, or Tippeligaen (hate that name), in Norway.

It was a great season. We looked sharp all the way and cemented ourselves at the top from the beginning. With good results against our main rivals, this was the season it happened. Have to say I am delighted with the performance of the team, and I also think we have good enough players already to compete at top level.

Only wondering when we are going to turn professional.

Had to sell my top scorer for the last years, Bryan Morel, as he didn't want to sign a new contract. But I already had his replacement in the ranks, Michael Mortensen, and he delivered the goods.

Must say I am really getting attached to this club and team now. (And I am an ikon)

One thing is that the team is from a place where a lot of my family comes from, but irl it is not totally unrealistic that I actually could've managed them at the level they are on now. (3rd division).

So that is the fun with this game, combining the realistic with the unrealistic. Because they would never ever been able to be promoted to the Premier division, not in twenty years anyway.

And I have som players that have been with the team almost all the way. Especially Torstein Mjønner. He is not near good enough for this level, but still he continues to deliver the goods. I doubt he will make it at the top level, but still I will keep him at the club for life, and eventually offer him a job as scout or coach. A real club-player, and invaluable for Tollnes.

Best player: Nuno Ferraz. Even though my top scorer has 0.01 better average rating, Nuno has been the key man for me this year. He delivers in every game from his hard working central midfield position, and with 18 assists, he has been vital for us. Pure class and I think he will do well in the Premier, if I can keep the vultures off of him.

Top scorer: Michael Mortensen. A danish lad, bought for the future, but when Morel left he grabbed the chance with both hands and showed himself as a prolific goal scorer. Expect more from him next season.

Economy: Heavy red. But that is because the board decided to put in about 4000 seats in the stadium. Before that we were solid, and I hope that new sponsorships and tv-deals will ease us into the black.

Key: This season (Last season)

Wage budget: Nkr 87.500 p/w (57.500 Nkr p/w)

Transfer budget: 806.000 Nkr p/w (2.200.000 Nkr p/w)

(For pounds, just divide the number with ten)

Av. attendance: 1427 (802) (More than our capacity, but we had to play at another arena while ours were being upgraded.)

Players in: 8 (9)

Players out: 8 ( 10 )

Aim for next year is of course survival, but I think we actually could spring a few surprises. Also I have to get in more norwegians in the squad, now I am relying too much on foreign talent. And you can only register 11 foreigners.

Season | League   | Position  |   Cup   |  Europe    |      Top scorer          |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2012   | 2. div   |    11[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Issa Ibrahim Malam     (9)          
2013   | 2. div   |     9[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Torstein Mjønner      (10)
2014   | 2. div   |     6[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 1.rnd   |    N/A     |  Thomas Larsen         (12)
2015   | 2. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 2.rnd   |    N/A     |  Atli Heimisson        (12)
2016   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (22)
2017   | 1. div   |     4[sUP]th[/sUP]   | Q-final |    N/A     |  Bryan Morel           (21)
2018   | 1. div   |     1[sUP]st[/sUP]   | 4.rnd   |    N/A     |  Michael Mortensen     (21)

Excellent update Taunton, I loook forward to seeing how you do in the top flight.:thup:

I like how Torstein Mjønner has become a favourite, its great to have players stay with you through the rise up the divisions.:cool:

Cookie: Impressive run in Norway. Great to win Tippeligaen. Hope you do really well in Norway. I find it amusing that a club that was mostly known for their womens handball team now competes in the Champions league.:D

Dexter_Morgan: You are therabouts now. Just the final hurdle, and the man in umbrella will go ballistic!

Xaw: Congrats with the league win!

Mafino: Unbeaten! Wow. You are too big for Serbia now. Hope you will get your hands on that CL-trophy soon.

Britrock: Well done with the promotion!

maisonjaune: Welcome and good luck!

Excellent update Taunton, I loook forward to seeing how you do in the top flight.:thup:

I like how Torstein Mjønner has become a favourite, its great to have players stay with you through the rise up the divisions.:cool:

Yeah. It gets more special that way. He has one and a half star, but I don't have the heart to leave him out, and when he performes, I am very happy for him. Next thing is to find out if he exists irl. (He probably has quit football and works as a plumber or something :D)

That gets me back to P. Burda. What is the story (in short) on him. Reckon he became a legend. Love this with the game, that some players really makes the difference with you and you remember them for years.

Looking forward to hear how your Sola save is going.

sola.png

Gundo - Sola Fotball - Season Review 2013

Finally I seem to have a save that is going in the right direction. This season was a significant improvement on last term and it was quite nice to no have relegation issues to contend with. I had managed to strengthen my squad quite alot, as I searched all over Norway for players who I could sign for nothing. Realistically I knew promotion wasn't achievable after a big club like Start was relegated into our division! And they duly went on the secure the title, just, from Vindbjart.

A few players worthy on a mention, one being
, this guy was already at the club when I arrived and although he has relatively poor attributes he did so well, I enjoy watching his dribbling runs infield.

is a Finnish player I signed on a free at the start of the season, he had a good season eventually finishing up top scorer with 9 league goals.

And finally fans player of the year
, a tough tackling full back.

Average attendance: 302. Up slightly on last season.

Next season: I will need to strengthen again in one or two positions, the acquisitions of
and
will be key and should really help push us forward in an attacking sense.

Season  |       League       |  Position  | Europe         |      Cup    |   Top Scorer  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------       
2012    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  |    9th     |            -    |  2nd Round  |  Ørjan Nesvik (5)
2013    |  2.divisjon Avd.3  | 5th        |            -    | 3rd Round    | Rikard Lindroos (9)

Steady progress, Gundo. Well done.

Really amazed to see Start down in the 2. division. (But they got relegated from Tippeligaen this year so who knows where they would end up:D)

Crossing fingers that Jonas Olsen will fire you to promotion next year.

Steady progress, Gundo. Well done.

Really amazed to see Start down in the 2. division. (But they got relegated from Tippeligaen this year so who knows where they would end up:D)

Crossing fingers that Jonas Olsen will fire you to promotion next year.

I still think it might take a little while longer to go up, but an improvement on 5th will be my aim.

Patrik Burda was originally signed by cookie in dafuge's challenge about 5/6 years ago, he scored plenty for him when he was in the PL.

Then a few of us including myself signed him in our challenge saves in here the same year and he did really well also. I vaguely remember him being successful when cookie was playing champions league football at one point! Cookie will be the best person to report on him, Burda was his boy.:D

I've felt that attachment to Per Christian Myhre in the last several FM's, I'd always sign him, in fact this is the only version i've not signed him since he's been in the game. Irl I don't think he currently has a club after being released by Sandnes Ulf.

Give me a K....., N......, A......, oh sod it.

Knattspyrnufélag Fjarðabyggðar

Season 3 - 2014

Table

Transfers

Finances

We retained the League Title, doing the treble in the process. Our European adventure was shortlived, losing on aggregate to Rangers. We did win the second leg, but having 6-0 in the first leg we were whistling in the wind.

I sold my best player for £700k, mainly to get out of debt. I was retraining him as a right back and seemed like a bit of a luxury.

I also lost my second best player on a free transfer as he refused to sign a new contract. It doesn't appear I'm going to get any compensation for that.

My board refuse to countenance the idea of a ground expansion, because we're moving to a new stadium. There's no evidence anywhere else about a potential move, so I'm amused and intrigued.

Bit of a boring season this one if I'm honest. I've signed a couple of nice players in the close season, but I know I'm basically waiting 9 months until I can play another Champions League game. I'm frustrated that I can't raise enough money to upgrade facilities and start developing my facilities so at the moment it looks like we're waiting until we get further in Europe to have everything kick on to the next level.

That's about it. Roll on next season! If this was a career game, I'd be thinking about getting another job. As it is, we'll grind on for the next stage of the challenge.

Yeah. It gets more special that way. He has one and a half star, but I don't have the heart to leave him out, and when he performes, I am very happy for him. Next thing is to find out if he exists irl. (He probably has quit football and works as a plumber or something :D)

That gets me back to P. Burda. What is the story (in short) on him. Reckon he became a legend. Love this with the game, that some players really makes the difference with you and you remember them for years.

Looking forward to hear how your Sola save is going.

Well let me tell you a little bit of a story......:lol:

Patrik Burda was a young Striker who i signed on a free in my first season in charge, going back a few years now. He was half Polish, half Swedish and was a reasonable prospect. He then went on to become a legend for me........

He stayed with me the whole way and won player of the season every year and was voted in the team of the year each season as we progressed through the leagues. This basically continued into Europe. I'm afraid i can't give you exact details of career etc but i do remember this.

In the Champions League Final against Barcelona, the scores were level as we headed into the final 10 minutes, until Burda struck. He got the ball just on the edge of the area and curled one into the top corner and we went on to win 2-1. Burda was man of the match and was voted in the Champions League Team of the year. A very fitting climax to an amazing career.....

Many followed his progress via my updates and he just got better and better, becoming a bit of a legend.......and there you have it....... Sir Patrik Burda :applause:

I've felt that attachment to Per Christian Myhre in the last several FM's, I'd always sign him, in fact this is the only version i've not signed him since he's been in the game. Irl I don't think he currently has a club after being released by Sandnes Ulf.

I have had the same attachment to Stian Ringstad who worked wonders for me when i first took on Gundo's Challenge with Skjetten :D

I have had the same attachment to Stian Ringstad who worked wonders for me when i first took on Gundo's Challenge with Skjetten :D

I remember Ringstad scored in the CL final for you didn't he also? He is now a regular for Lillestrøm at right back irl!! Think he broke his ankle/leg about season ago.

Well let me tell you a little bit of a story......:lol:

Patrik Burda was a young Striker who i signed on a free in my first season in charge, going back a few years now. He was half Polish, half Swedish and was a reasonable prospect. He then went on to become a legend for me........

He stayed with me the whole way and won player of the season every year and was voted in the team of the year each season as we progressed through the leagues. This basically continued into Europe. I'm afraid i can't give you exact details of career etc but i do remember this.

In the Champions League Final against Barcelona, the scores were level as we headed into the final 10 minutes, until Burda struck. He got the ball just on the edge of the area and curled one into the top corner and we went on to win 2-1. Burda was man of the match and was voted in the Champions League Team of the year. A very fitting climax to an amazing career.....

Many followed his progress via my updates and he just got better and better, becoming a bit of a legend.......and there you have it....... Sir Patrik Burda :applause:

Legend!!

All your children have to be named Patrik. Even if they turn out to be girls!!:cool:

That what is so fascinating with this game, the chance to uncover a diamond who will be club legend.

Archived