[FM12] Paris Saint-Germain FC

MrSundlofer

Hello everyone... Long time follower of the thread, first time poster in said thread.

Just started a game with Paris SG., and have just finished the pre-season friendlies.

My signings:

Cheikh M'Bengue, £5 Million

Willian, £7,25 Million

I still have £6,25 million left in the kitty, and I'm on the market for a back-up right winger.

Other than that, I'm having a blast with this team. Allez!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PSG End of season review

Fixtures

Ligue 1

Caen 2-2 PSG ~ Bulot, Frau - Umar, Bisevac

PSG 1-1 Saint-Etienne ~ Kakura - Néry

Valenciennes 1-2 PSG ~ Danic - Baheback, Umar

Auxerre 1-0 PSG ~ Sirigu OG

PSG 2-2 Rennes ~ Shaqiri, Gameiro - Boukari, Mangane

Lille 3-1 PSG ~ Sow x2, Pedretti - Gameiro

FC Lorient 2-2 PSG ~ Bourillon, Aliadiére - Pastore, Gameiro

The last 10 league games of the season I only won 2 games, which is frickin' terrible! I am hoping it is just end of season fatigue and not my formation falling apart.

End of season league standings:

ligue1orangeoverviewsta.png

Europe League Final

FC Bayern Munchen 2-4 PSG ~ Kroos, Muller - Gameiro x4

After falling 2 behind in the first 25 minutes, I was just hoping this wouldnt turn into a masacre, but enters Gameiro and changes the game. Scoring twice in the first half he pulled us level. I switched to a more defensive approach for the second half to try and slow down Robben & Ribery, who were tearing my flanks to pieces. The last 10 minutes of the game I threw caution to the wind and went gung-ho which turned out to be a the game winning switch! Shaqiri crosses in and Gameiro ghosts past his marker and volleys low into the bottom corner! 3-2! 91st minute and Pastore puts a delightful pass through to Gameiro who is in turn taken down cynically by Badstuber in the box. With confidence sky high Gameiro steps up and hammers the ball into the roof of the net and PSG have won the Europa League!

Player performances

parissaintgermainsquadp.png

Kevin Gameiro only came into existence in the last couple months of the season. Scoring 26 goals in 17 games, proved pivotal in securing the league and Euopa League. Javier Pastore didn't exactly set French football alight from his MC(AP) role, but I will not be changing my tactic, where this leaves Pastore I do not know. He only scored 1 goal, but he did get 20 assists. Most of them were from corners though..

My Player of the Season

asamoah.png

This guy has been so important for the team. Scoring crucial goals, making spectacular tackles, great vision. His all round game is fantastic.

My Young Player of the Season

shaq.png

What more can I say other than: What a talent! His vision on the ball is second to none, as can be seen by the amount of assists he got in the season, looking forward to see how he gets on in the second season.

Final thoughts

Well, I think I've said before I was going to stay and make PSG a power house of europe, but I think I am only going to stay until I have won the Champions League and move on, hoping to be a Mourinho figure in the FM world. How many seasons this will take, who knows? But I know for a fact I will win it soon!

Just read the OP`s team report and that on PSG, absolutely brilliant mate, well done.

So informative and written with intelligence.

Just started my PSG save

Would it be better to play a fluid formation or rigid?...

Have the players roam or stay to their position?

January Update

Transfers

In

Mike Johnson - Kwara United ~ £375,000

Shola Umar - Bayelsa United ~ £350,000

Gael Kakuta - Chelsea ~ Loan /30% of wages

Joining next season: Walid El Hadeedi & Ahmed Abdel Hamid

Couldn't believe Johnson and Umar were still in Africa, they are both amazing players! So cheap and will be with me for years to come. :cool:

Out

Siako Tiéné - Stoke ~ Free (Wanted out, I gladly said yes and he was gone.)

Nene - Man United ~ £7,500,000 (Upset after I fined him for missing 2 penalties in 1 game, disrupted squad going to media.)

Mevlut Erdinc - Málaga ~ £6,000,000 (Didn't play a game first half of season, felt bad leaving him not being able to play. :lol:)

Lucas Digne - Amiens ~ Loan

Ligue 1

PSG 0-1 Toulouse ~ Bulut

Brest 0-2 PSG ~ Kara, Umar

Table as of 2nd February:

ligue1orangeoverviewsta.png

Coupe de la Ligue

Quater Final

PSG 1-0(AET) Marseille ~ Umar

Semi Final

PSG 2-0 Sochaux ~ Ménez, Roudet OG

Coupe de France

9th Round

Rodez 0-2 PSG ~ Umar, Chantome

10th Round

Carquefou 0-5 PSG ~ Kakuta, Matuidi, Umar, Kara, Chantome

I really like your skin! What is it may I ask? :) Also, started a PSG game.

Just played my first game at home to Lorient and won 4-0, very happy with it

Brought in a few players:

Kara - 1mil

Sturridge - Loan

Badelj - 4mil

M'bengue - 4mil

Martial - 2mil

Hoping to win the league and a cup, hopefully do well in Europe too!

Johan Martial, is a very good prospect! Had him in an Inter save, he gets very good!

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

I have had some both good and bad players in my team and I will in this post take a closer look on what some of them are doing now.

Ceará left the club in 2012 on a free transfer and signed for Santos in Brazil. He is now 35 years old and still going strong. His attributes are impressive. If he was still here he could have been a backup player for the right back position.

Nenê is also at Santos and he left us in 2013 also on a free transfer. 34 years of age but still very good. I actually regret I didn't offered him a new contract.

Mathieu Bodmer left us on a free transfer in 2013. Three months later he signed for FC Sochaux-Montbé. Currently in the reserve team, not very good and will probably retire from football after the season.

Sylvain Armand is now the manager at Amiens SC in Ligue 2. He left us in 2013 to become a youth coach at Bordeaux.

Guillaume Hoarau left us in 2013, signed for Stade Brest and hasn't really performed. 2 goals in 48 games in the league in two seasons.

Mevlüt Erdinc signed for Fenerbahce in 2013 for a fee of £2.7M. The following season he scored 21 goals in the league. He had an knee injury and hasn't scored so many after that.

Mohamed Sissoko left us in 2014 to sign for Al-Ahli in Saudi Arabia.

Diego Lugano left us in 2014 to sign for Valenciennes.

Milan Bisevac joined AC Milan on a free transfer in 2014 on a one-year contract, but is now, one year later, without a club.

Mauro Zárate signed for Juventus, £9.5M in 2014.

Kara left France for England and Manchester City in January 2015. They paid £14M for him and my board accepted it. He and Vincent Kompany is the two regular central defenders at the club.

Benjamin Mendy joined us in 2014 but was sold 6 months later to Sevilla, £7.5M.

Richard Samnick was sold to Saint-Etienne for £4M in January 2015.

Any advice on how to use/play Pastore?

I am playing him behind the striker in the AMC position, set him as the main playmaker but he has no goals and just 3 assists in 13 matches...

He is playing second fiddle to my backup AMC atm

Try to play him as a central midfielder. He scored 15-16 goals per season in the league for me in that position in the first three seasons.

One central defensive midfielder and two central midfielders.

Try to play him as a central midfielder. He scored 15-16 goals per season in the league for me in that position in the first three seasons.

One central defensive midfielder and two central midfielders.

Right will give that a go then, just play him as a normal CM or advanced playmaker, DLP?

Right will give that a go then, just play him as a normal CM or advanced playmaker, DLP?

Advanced playmaker (central midfield) :thup: ...adjust long shots and forward runs if you notice it doesn't work during games. I had him on extra training on long shots for a season or two. Turned out to be a good thing to do.

So I started a PSG the other day and I've been slowly making progress with it. I'm enjoying it so far. Here are my transfers:

BD56129C615C60F3AF57813224AADA0BDE97797D

So I spent a lot more than I originally intended. However all of the signings are for the better of the team and will help me a lot in the future.

My team set-up now looks like this:

2343F616AF9372D6B9C70207A4E13DB1BDBCCE9A

I haven't actually played this formation yet. I've been playing 4-2-3-1 but Pastore has been ineffectual for me. Chantome is wonderful at AMC, but I feel it's only right if I get a chance to Pastore seeing as his stats are brilliant. Anyway, I've adopted a 4-3-3 as I feel comfortable with that style and a friend recommended that I try this out anyway. It will hopefully help me out. If it doesn't, I will revert to my 4-2-3-1, which has given me these results:

C10FBB1B5C235B1DF2913CB26AC0934B89172572

Besides Levski away, I have a lot to be proud of here I think. I had a terrible pre-season, that much is undoubted. 2-7 at home to Shakhtar is a total embarrassment. My season was very difficult to start off with, but once I got my team responding to me I stormed away, conceding only 1 goal in 9 games or something like that. I'm currently top of Ligue 1 by 4 points.

My season is quite similar to yours JDownie, i cant get Pastore going at all (1 goal and 5 assists in 22) lost my second league game of the season and knocked out of the first cup tournament.

Also lost 3-1 in the EL qualifier first leg before winning the 2nd leg and going through to the group stages.

Started to pick up some very good league form which included five straight league clean sheets and a 3-0 home win against Lyon

I kept 7 straight clean sheets at home in the league aswell.

Sitting in 4th position in the table after 17 games, got a game in hand over the 3 team above me though.

Also won my last two matches 6-1 away in the league and 6-0 at home in the EL

I started as PSG. In my 1st season I made the French Cup Final, to play Stade Rennais. I was 6 points clear with 5 games left in the league. I lost the final and then my teams form disappeared and I lost all 5 remaining games and finished 3rd. I was expecting the sack to be honest but I got a stay of execution. Pastore and Defoe (Sold Gameiro to Madrid for 19.25M) were absolutely brilliant

In the 2nd season I decided to strengthen my squad so I signed Aimar/Fierro/Sandro and managed to get Pedro/Ferreyra in Jan.

Won the League, League Cup and Champions League, beating Barcelona in QF, Sporting Lisbon in the SF and Man United in the final. I was going to resign and look for a new challenge but Caen have just been bought by a tycoon who has promised them 100M for players so I will see who they sign and if they will be a threat

Still no luck with playing Pastore, tried him behind the striker in the AMC postion, tried him as a CM and set him as the main playmaker.

Nothing.

30 games this season... 1 goal and 7 assists, and the goal was against a non league side in the cup when i played him as a poacher to try and get him scoring.

His transfer value has gone £36 to £12.5 in 8 months.

I cant believe a player with such amazing attributes can do so little.

I am astounded tbh

I can't get him playing no matter what I try. I am finding much better success with Clement Chantome, who will now be my starter in behind Sow/Gameiro. I'm going to look to sell Pastore for a hefty fee to try and balance my books somewhat, considering I've spent around £40M more than I've sold. I'll look to bring in a young AMC later in my save. I'm currently considering Yacine Brahimi, who was a monster for me on FM11 on my Stade Rennais save. If not him, I might try for Yoan Gourcuff, even though he's getting on a bit.

I thought that Marseille and Lyon would give me a bit more of a challenge than sitting 13 and 14 points respectively behind me this early in the season.

I didn't expect to be this far ahead so easily. Even with my difficulty in controlling my players (I'm still having difficulty at the moment) I'm finding it a breeze.

Well France has not been very kind to me as it has to you guys.

I am out of both domestic cups, got knocked out of the Europa League 4-3 on agg after winning the first match 3-0 at home and sitting 3rd in the table, 10 points behind OM who have a game in hand.

Also 6 points behind 2nd placed Lyon. 10 league games left this season.

So a trophyless first season is on the cards and we are without our main striker K. Gameiro after he got injured in January and out for the season.

Erdinc and Hoarua have got just 11 goals between then this season.

Oh and did i mention Pastore couldnt score in a ****ing brothel?

Rant over. :D

Pastore ain't performing for me either... only in the EL and Cups against smaller teams.

Maybe he just needs to get used to the new league?

Works for me so far. 7.49 average:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4512/pastoreq.png

This is how I'm playing him:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6049/pastoreposition.png

(Sorry, can't for the life of me work out how to upload them as images rather than links. Keeps saying 'Invalid URL' when I try to upload the image...... :o )

Still no luck with playing Pastore, tried him behind the striker in the AMC postion, tried him as a CM and set him as the main playmaker.

Nothing.

30 games this season... 1 goal and 7 assists, and the goal was against a non league side in the cup when i played him as a poacher to try and get him scoring.

His transfer value has gone £36 to £12.5 in 8 months.

I cant believe a player with such amazing attributes can do so little.

I am astounded tbh

This is what I have done to Pastore and how he has performed in the league:

Focus on improving his passing, finishing and long shots. Train him to be natural in central midfield.

First season: 28 games, 9 goals, 10 assists.

Second season: 32 games, 15 goals, 11 assists.

Third season: 30 games, 14 goals, 17 assists.

Fourth season: 32 games, 6 goals, 17 assists.

The three first season I used him as a advanced playmaker in central midfield. In his last season I changed my formation, but he was still in his central midfield position.

In the upcoming fifth season I will change my formation once again and try to give him a more advanced role in an attacking position - I have actually have thoughts on playing him upfront as a very deep-lying playmaker.

Whoever mentioned the fixtures pile-up every 2-3 days were not kidding, my squad is pretty thin as it is.

As i said earlier in the thread my main striker Gameiro has been out since January for the season and a few other players are injured/suspended aswell.

Just been handed a further £12 at the start of May by the chairman fwiw

Finished my first season at PSG, finished 3rd in the league, behind Lyon and league winners OM

Knocked out of both domestic cups early on and beaten by Athletic 4-3 on AGG in the EL first knockout round. After having a 3-0 home lead first leg.

By securing 3rd place in the league we are into the qualifying round for the Champs league group stages so we have been successful in that regard this season.

Forgot to mention my transfer activity for last season:

Signed Yann -M`Vila for £21.5

Bought Brazillian RB Michel for £2.2

Secured D. Sturridge on loan form Chelsea in January for the remainder of the season

Sold:

Ceara in January for £750k - Athletico Minerio

P. Luyindula for £600k - Palermo

This season so far:

In

Christian Rodriquez -free from Porto - He will be competing with Menez for the LW role

Jose Bosingwa - free from Chelsea - will provide competition for Jallet and Michel at RB

Out:

Behebeck to Bolton for £2.5 - Not good enough for my first team. Got a good price for him aswell

G. Hoarua - £2.2 - OM - Great deal imo as he is out of contract next summer and he is on £44k a week

Loris Arnuad - free transfer to Toulouse

21 other players, mainly youth players have also left the club

As you can see a fair bit of rebuilding is going on at the club at the moment.

Just been handed a new 2 year contract by the board which i accepted

Just started year three with PSG. I'm actually surprised at how stingy the board is despite being listed as a sugardaddy. I've won the domestic treble each season thus far, yet they're still only looking at funding me with 20 million for transfers. I don't mind, it prevents me from just buying everyone.

I did find this guy toiling away in Senegal, cost me 50k... (as soon as I signed him he committed to France)

Screenshot2012-01-07at12354PM.png

yea m8 ive had this problem. my team has been really up and down, if I gently encourage them before games i get no response but if I'm aggresive or assertive and tell them I expect a win the big players e.g. pastore, matudi and menez they switch off. Also I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 formation with pastore playing just behind the striker and he has been nothing more than average, just wondering how everyone else gets the best out of him? cheers..

I have sold some players and in my fifth season I have promoted this player from the U19 team. He is a defensive midfielder, and the last four seasons I have played with three midfielders, but this season things have changed a bit. We are now playing attacking keep-the-ball football in a 4-4-2 formation so I will have to train him to a central midfield position.

dumont1.png

Very happy with him. From my youth team as well.

Another player in my team is Yaya Sanogo, currently on loan at Real Madrid. He's still young and has played football for clubs in France, England, Italy and Spain. Will be interesting to see what I will do with him next season.

sanogo.png

And from my first season I got this player, Rachid Saidi from the youth team, who I like very much. He was a very good prospect:

saididev1.png

Lets see how he has developed four seasons later:

saididev2.png

If I don't leave the club during my career, I will make sure he stays at the club for life. A very good player! Surprised he's not been called up to the French national team yet.

JOKER TRANSFER WINDOW - SEASON 2015/16

Clubs in France are allowed to sign one player from another club in France during the season. In my first season I bought Loïc Remy from Marseille and he's still here. Now, in my fifth season I have signed one of the best goalkeepers in the world for a club record fee of £72M - Hugo Lloris from Lyon! Well, I am happy with Alponse Areola and he will stay at the club and be first choice in cups and some league games against weaker clubs, But Hugo Lloris is just quality.

I'm at the end of March in my first year and am facing a massive overhaul in the summer. Several first team members are needed as I'm currently in second 13 points behind OM, with a game in hand which is away to Lyon. So my question to you all is how much did you get given for a transfer budget for the summer of 2012? MrSundlofer Rachid Saidi looks a very good player indeed, I'm impressed with how you've managed to develop him, good job!

OyPQ5.png

Decided to play this formation with PSG. Trying to play like Barca , yes I know it's impossible but hey ho.

Had a poor pre season, Played 5, won 2 and lost 3.

Only brought in Sime Vrsaljko for 3.7M

EDIT: Going to put this save on hold, might fancy managing in Scandinavia region.

Hey guys just started a save with PSG. Since FM came out I haven't once been a team with a lot of money so are there any 'key' signings in the first season? Any help appreciated :)

Welcome to the thread!

Here is a post you can read about realistic transfer targets for your team:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277977-FM12-Paris-Saint-Germain-FC?p=7156344&viewfull=1#post7156344

Do you know what kind of formation you want to play?

Welcome to the thread!

Here is a post you can read about realistic transfer targets for your team:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277977-FM12-Paris-Saint-Germain-FC?p=7156344&viewfull=1#post7156344

Do you know what kind of formation you want to play?

Yeah, I'm playing a 4-2-3-1. I have already signed Moussa Sow for 8mil and Willian for 10mil to replace Nene on the wing. Also got Carlos Fierro coming in the start of the second season.

Yeah, I'm playing a 4-2-3-1. I have already signed Moussa Sow for 8mil and Willian for 10mil to replace Nene on the wing. Also got Carlos Fierro coming in the start of the second season.

Mate, DO NOT replace Nene in the first season. He is an absolutely class player. 21 goals and 10 assists in the first season, 16 goals and 15 assists in the second and 9 goals and 12 assists as a rotation player in season 3.

That's two good signings :thup: ...But remember that Nenê is a very good goalscoring winger. I recommend to keep him 2-3 seasons.

I have had a very good start of the fifth season. Scored 43 goals and only conceded 6 goals in 15 games. The new formation is working very well. Pastore is regular in the side but I don't really know where to play him now. Either he will play in a free role on the left wing or as a deep-lying forward beside another striker. I want him high up the pitch to score goals and assists. My wonderkid Saidi plays in central midfield.

Benzema out injured 8 months, so I will most likely recall Sanogo to the side, currently on loan at Real Madrid.

I'm on my fourth PSG season. I'll post an update about the seasons soon. Just wanted to vent about the start to the 4th season. Worst performance ever. Can't buy a goal apart from a 5-2 thrashing of Lyon in the Champions Trophy. Aggh!

I've missed this thread, just starting to get back into my PSG save.

Half way through season 4, board just accepted a bid of £13.5m for Willy Boly after i negotiated it up from £6.5m...not the owrst but not too keen on the board taking charge of transfer decisions.

Archived