[FM12] Paris Saint-Germain FC

MrSundlofer

so all Le Parisiens, where are you all gone??? One of the best and most insightful team pages has suddenly dried down...

Gooner88, how's your game going? Asking as I'm also in the latest patch and managing PSG in 1st season by the way.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good you like the team guide :thup:

I'm not playing as much as I did some months ago...

I'm in my 2017/18 season, in October, and have just offered new contracts to some of my first team players.

One new "mission" I will try to solve is Hervin Ongenda. He is 22 years old now and part of my reserve team squad. No one wants to take him on loan. I really don't know why. He seems like a very good striker. Good finishing and very quick. And I'm sure he can get even better. Hopefully he will be a part of the first team sometime during the season. I want him to success.

so all Le Parisiens, where are you all gone??? One of the best and most insightful team pages has suddenly dried down...

Gooner88, how's your game going? Asking as I'm also in the latest patch and managing PSG in 1st season by the way.

Im in my third season. First year won treble after i signed Vrsjailko, Damiao and Martin. 2nd season i signed Belhanda, Otamendi and Mvila and somehow won Champions League aswell as League and League Cup. Beat Barca 3 nil in the final and that was without Pastore who was suspended. Im in 3rd season now iv really freshened up the squad signed a few younger players like Zouma, Nangis, Niang and Giuliano and sold Maxwell, Motta and Alex. Pastore, Menez and Nene have all been consistently brilliant. Its been one of the best games ive had i hope you get as much from it as i have mate.

One question, im playing my home games this season at Stade de France for some reason. Has anyone else had this and can anyone tell me why?

brilliant stuff Gooner :thup:

But whoww, you are playing quick - I'm enjoying watching games extended etc, that's why just in 1st season yet.

Could you add some more about your tactics/transfers etc?

And what about financial situation and transfer budget after such a success?

The finances pretty much take care of themselves, budget was 18 in 2nd season and 25 in 3rd. If finances are ever low the chairman just pumps some more in. Im not sure how to put images on here but i will if i can find out how to on the thread. I play a 4 2 3 1 with Pastore behind Damiao with Nene and Menez on the wings. Mvila as ball winning midfielder and Martin as a Deep lying playmaker.

I have eight first team strikers in my squad and I play a 4-3-3 formation, so only three of them can play from the start. The thing is - all of them is a part of my plan for the club and I don't want to sell any of them. However, I suspect some of them will become unhappy if they only are used in a squad rotation system.

strikers20171.png

strikers20172.png

Some young hot prospects and some older experienced players. I don't want to lose any of them.

Ohh time for me to come back in here, after my old PSG save crashed due to too many players i started a new game as France manager and then after 2 season got the PSG job again, hoorah! love them on this years game.

Anyway MrSunfolder I would suggest getting rid of a couple of them, maybe the two older ones or maybe sell a couple of youngsters and make some money?

I am halfway through my "first season" at PSG we took 1st on 19th week, so half way, but then lost to 2nd week after so back to 2nd, I think we can turn it around in the 2nd half of season and win it. Not looking forward to Champions league 1st knock out round...Barca :s Also gotta keep France on track for the World cup following my Euro glory in 2012.

So quick update. After falling back to 2nd we had a tough few months throughout January and February. Still 2nd by end of it, but fallen behind a bit and will be tough to turn around, but its not too late yet.

We beat Tolouse in the coup de la Ligue, despite getting 2 reds and an injury after 3 subs, so being 3 players down....we won on pens.

Then at right in middle of my worst run as manager comes the barca tie, we were 0-0 at home until 80th, when we gave away a pen and Villa tucked it home. Go to spain in terrible morale and thinking its all but over. We some how score 1 in 1st half, then a further 2 in the 80-90min period, before Messi picked one up, full time 3-1...making us winners 3-2 on aggregate...Now can we turn this season around, that sounds like a catalyst to me.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading through this thread I've gone and started up a game with PSG.

I pretty much sacked every member of staff and bought my own in. Everything is at least 4* training now. Spent over a million though on terminations and fee's to bring them in.

Transfer wise I've bought in -

Subotic - Dortmund quoted me £17M but the board managed to pick him up for £12M. A good rotation option now and in the future will be a rock at the back with Sakho.

Mahamadou Diarra - Freebie to cover midfield

Sime Vrsaljko - £2.2M signing, great young right back (versatile too) who will improve.

Pre season went well beating every team at least 4-0, however our early league from has been poor -

PSG 2 -0 Lorient

Stade De Rennais FC 1 - 1 PSG

PSG 0 - 1 Valenciennes

We're struggling to make any chances let alone take them right now. I need to shake things up I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Decided to start a new game with PSG, got the latest data update that has Thiago Silva there but no Ibrahomovic which was a bugger but oh well, got given 50m to spend here is my best 11

GK - Sirigu

RB - Srna

LB - Baines

CB - Silva

CB - Rami

MC - M'Villa

MC - Moussa Sissoko

MC - Motta

FWD - Demba Ba

FWD - Baliotelli

FWD - Berbatov

I am going to start this one tonight (not because of recent transfers) but because this team is on my to do list!

I will look to bring in a couple of cheap useful players to start with = Vrsaljko, Verratti, Fierro, Kadlec etc

Then get the team playing my way and invest in youth and the facilities then the big signings will hopefully come along!

Just smashed Lyon 3-0 with a marvelous hattrick from Gameiro. Lying 2nd, 2 points after Marseille, 9 games played. In those 9 games, Gameiro has scored 10 goals. My best player by far. Signings has been Willian (currently injured), M'Bengue and Willy Boly.

Just smashed Lyon 3-0 with a marvelous hattrick from Gameiro. Lying 2nd, 2 points after Marseille, 9 games played. In those 9 games, Gameiro has scored 10 goals. My best player by far. Signings has been Willian (currently injured), M'Bengue and Willy Boly.

What role are you using for Gameiro? I used him as a poacher in a 4231 and he wasn't scoring for me.

Using him as a Target Man, Attack, in a 4-2-3-1 Deep formation...

So far, he has 17 goals in 16 games, in all tournaments.

EDIT: Sofiane Feghouli has been brought in from Valencia in January 2012, for a fee of £4,6 million.

Mbaye Niang signed for £1,8 million, after being transfer listed by Caen. Looking good.

Surprised he has been transfer listed. Good signing for you! :thup:

He is still at Caen in my save, in year 2018, but is an important part of the French national squad.

Using him as a Target Man, Attack, in a 4-2-3-1 Deep formation...

So far, he has 17 goals in 16 games, in all tournaments.

EDIT: Sofiane Feghouli has been brought in from Valencia in January 2012, for a fee of £4,6 million.

Yeah I was also using a 4231 deep formation. If you don't mind, could you post a screenshot of your tactic as I want to see the differences between my 4231 deep and yours as mine wasn't working well. I was about 9 points off 1st, away out in 13th (very tight table) and then changed to a 41221 and I'm now only 1 point off the top.

I signed Damiao and played him up top on his own, I'm in 5th season now and he's PSG record goalscorer. Still got Gamiero but when he plays it's on the wing and he does do a good job. Scored from right wing in my first champions league win. Got Niang as well but when he's played he's been disappointing so may loan him.

Yeah I was also using a 4231 deep formation. If you don't mind, could you post a screenshot of your tactic as I want to see the differences between my 4231 deep and yours as mine wasn't working well. I was about 9 points off 1st, away out in 13th (very tight table) and then changed to a 41221 and I'm now only 1 point off the top.

Screenshot of my tactics as requested

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a444/Soevnloes/ParisSaint-GermainTactics_TeamInstructions-2.png

Im starting my save with PSG' date=' going to play 4-3-3, with 4 defenders, 1 DM, 2 CM, 2 Wingers and 1 Striker.

So im wondering if Pastore can perform on CM role as Advanced Playmaker (Attack) ?

At the moment I play him there in a 4-1-2-3 (in the 2) and he is doing ok a couple of goals and assists in 10 games his work rate lets him down sometimes though

Has anyone been able to sign any top players in their first season/start of second season??

Yes, absolutely.

Etienne Capoue signed from Toulouse for a fee of £9M at the start of the game. He is now my regular choice at right back and has 29 caps for France. Leandro Damião is another player who arrived at the start of the game and he signed from Internacional for a fee of £18M. A Brazilian striker, and he is now a legend at the club. I also bought Loïc Rémy from Marseille, £20M and six seasons later he is still here.

One of my latest signings, in the January transfer window season 2018 is this Portuguese midfielder:

angelovieira.png

Signed from Braga in Portugal for a fee of £38M. I felt I had to sign this player. Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester City all wanted him. I'm looking forward to a future central midfield partnership of him and Rachid Saidi.

Rachid Saidi is my favourite player. Here he is:

rachidsaidi2018.png

It's been a long time since I've posted in here! Anyway, after 5 consecutive multi-trophy winning campaigns, in the summer of 2016, I decided it was time to make a big marquee signing to really establish PSG as a superclub. In came Mercurial Brazilian talent Lucas Moura for £60M (the board agreed the fee for me). He had recently won World player of the year and had only just renewed his contract, hence the big price.

e9dtw7.png

Bienvenu au PSG, Lucas Moura!

As well as that, through our youth system has come Raphaël Roger, an attacking midfielder with bundles of potential. With the right training and tutoring, I think he'll be, dare I say it, the next Zidane.

b7mk4k.png

I'll have Javier Pastore tutoring him straight away. Exciting times. 105 league games without defeat, bang on 100 games unbeaten in all comps.

I signed Lucas for PSG at start of season 3 as my long term replacement for Nene in my 433. Hes been good for me but stillnot in the class of Pastore.

5th season now, won 2nd CL last season and dominated domestically every year, taking a break from PSG. Im sure ill come back though.

Great decision to sign Lucas Moura! :thup:

I signed him at the start of my third season and sold him to Dortmund in the summer 2015.

This is him when I bought him:

lucasmouratwoyearslater.png

I am actually tempted to sign him again. He has had some great seasons at Dortmund and is better now than what he was when he left us.

Made my last signing on the very last day of the January transfer window (still season 1).

Bienvenu au Paris, Kwadwo Asamoah!

I needed a central defensive midfielder, and Asamoah was available for £9 million. So I moved quickly, and the deal was made. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Aww man, I thought I would get Olivier Giroud during the summer transfer window, but then he signs for Napoli during the last day of the January window. :/

No big deal, from my previous experiences with him on FM12, he's not all that. Loïc Rémy is a much better option.

I signed Loïc Rémy at the start of the first season. His first 2-3 years at the club was a big disappointment. Didn't score enough goals and was always injured. He is better now though :thup:

I'm currently in March 2018, and the early youth intake is just some days away. Excited!

Archived