[FM12] Paris Saint-Germain FC

MrSundlofer

Having a great save with PSG, just finished my 2nd season and despite coming 2nd in the league by a point I managed to win the Champions League final 4-0 against Barcelona! Granted

they had Puyol & Iniesta both missing through injury but I am really proud of this result and the teams we managed to beat along the way: Real Madrid, Porto, Chelsea & Spurs.

So onto my 3rd season, aiming for a Ligue 1 + Champions League double. I have made some signings already:

Kagawa (free transfer)

Arjen Robben (free transfer)

Ricardo Carvalho (free transfer).

My starting X1 for the season thus far now looks like this:

Sirgu

Tiene Sakho Carvalho Jallet

M'Vila

Pastore Martin

Kagawa Robben

Damieo

I have £20m to spend and I desperately need to strengthen my defence, tried to sign Maicon but he's just signed a new contract at Inter. Boyata had a great season on loan for me so I may look at bringing him back on a full time deal. Kompany is interested in a move to PSG but I doubt I could afford him. Been looking at Raphael Varane as well.

So any suggestions on how I can improve my defence? Ideally I want a new LB,RB and CB to partner Sakho but I only had £20m in the kitty.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has nothing to do with FM, but I am trying to plug some interest in the GPTG. If you are interested in creating a fantasy football team then this should interest you.

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

My first game as PSG coach :) Great debut for Lugano' date=' Gameiro, M'Bengue, Menez, Sirigu as they showed fantastic performance and of course Javier Pastore who assisted 3 times :cool:

psg.jpg

Sorry to go off-topic, but when I downloaded the french kits, the PSG shirt was the only one that wasn't updated. So how did you get the PSG to be the same as the others?

Back to topic on hand: Signed Lucas Leiva from Liverpool, as he was transferlisted by request after Liverpool's poor performance in the league.

Started a save with PSG. Brought in Hulk, Lavezzi, Willian, Baines and Kara. Also got Prestia on loan. Sold Hoarau, Ceara, Camara and Tiéné. Unfortunately I didn't know about the 4 foreigners-rule in Ligue 1. So now, with Alex, Bisevac, Willian and Hulk classed as foreigners, Maxwell isn't registrered for the league. Turns out I got rid of the fullbacks a bit too hastily. Had agreed a deal with both Dinamo Zagreb and Vrsaljko, only to find out that due to a lack of funds, I couldn't close the deal. So now I've only got Bisevac at rightback... Can anyone tell me if I get new transfer funds for the January window?

It took the team longer than I expected and hoped to gel and to get used to my tactic. I play a 4-2-3-1:

ParisSaint-GermainTactics_Overview.png

So I got off to a rocky start, with defeats against Stade Rennes (A), Toulouse (A), AC Ajaccio (A) and Racing Genk (A). Also draws against Valenciennes (H) and Montpellier (A). But the last weeks have been pretty good, beating both Olympique Lyon and Olympique Marseille, who were both top of the league at the time I played them. The league table now looks like this:

FranseLigue1Overview_Stages.png

My topscorer is Sakho, btw...

Really hope I can get some funds soon. My aim for the next two transfer windows is to get at least Vrsaljko, M'Vila, Zouma, Niang, Martin, Butland, Yanga-Mbiwa and Theophile-Catherine to join us.

Any feedback is appreciated!

The Icepick some nice signings you have made! Kara is fantastic, even though I sold him to Manchester City. And the combination of Hulk and Ezequiel Lavezzi in attack is frightening. Has Javier Pastore performed for you in the central attacking midfield position?

Can anyone tell me if I get new transfer funds for the January window?

Yes you will :thup:

Indeed, I didn't get any funds... Managed to sell Maxwell, Nene and Jallet though, so I could make some signings. Unfortunately Vrsaljko joined Porto when I didn't have the money yet. So I signed Mbiwa, Henriksen, Niang and Prestia.

Still 3rd in the league. Lavezzi isn't performing particulary great so far, Hulk does way better. I play Lavezzi as a poacher, should be good enough, right?

Oh, I did get the injection, right after the transfer window.

From my own experience Salvatore Sirigu is worth much more than £3M. He made some good performances for me, before he left when his contract expired and signed for Inter on a free transfer. I replaced him with Hugo Lloris. Do you have another goalkeeper lined up Gunger?

So is both Christophe Jallet and Nenê. Especially Nenê - a superb player!

My 19 years old striker Frank Fournier is listed as a club legend already! A player from the academy who scored 23 goals in 15 apperances in the league last season. And another youngster Gabriel Lucien, only 17 years old is listen as a club favourite personnel. Two players I won't sell.

My 19 years old striker Frank Fournier is listed as a club legend already! A player from the academy who scored 23 goals in 15 apperances in the league last season. And another youngster Gabriel Lucien, only 17 years old is listen as a club favourite personnel. Two players I won't sell.

:eek: Already?! Screenshots of them?

Finished my first season in 3rd place. Not overly enthuasistic by the football on display. During the summer, I decided to change my tactics. We had waaaay too many goals scored against us, so I moved the AMC back to DMC.

Transferwise, I sold Matuidi, Bodmer, Chantôme, Gameiro, Douchez, Lugano and Ménez. Bought some nice French players, namely Martin, Théophile-Catherine, M'Vila, Debuchy and Zouma. Other signings were Kovacic, Adler, Osvaldo, Victor Ruiz, Schelotto and Demba Ba. Unfortunately, Osvaldo broke his foot and is out for 4 months, so I got Kakuta on loan as back-up for Willian on AML.

Team looks like this now:

ParisSaint-GermainTactics_Overview-1.png

For some odd reason, Lavezzi suddenly starts to perform. He's currently topscorer in the league, with 6 goals in 5 appearances. The football is now much better, and so are the results. Beat Caen, Nice, Dijon and Le Havre comfortably, got a credible draw against Lyon, the only bad result was a draw at Lorient, when they had 2 shots on goal, and PSG had 14. 2-2 the result. Best performance was in the Champions League Best Place Playoff against Glasgow Rangers. After an unlucky 2-2 at Ibrox, we thrashed them at home. 5-1.

Looking forward to the rest of the season! Can we win the title??

Finished the first season. Won the Ligue 1 with 3 points ahead of Marseille, and won the Europa League by beating Manchester City in the final on penalties. Sadly, Yaya Toure missed the last penalty.

Transfers in are:

Nicolas Gaitan, Benfica £7 million

Mbaye Niang, Caen £4,5 million

Olivier Giroud, Montpellier £13 million

Marc André Ter-Steegen, Gladbach £4,7 million

Gladbach was relegated, so Ter-Steegen was available for a knock-down price. I have £10 million left, and I need one or two defensive players. A DMC and a left back.

Thought a lot about doing a career save with PSG after watching some of the Ligue1 games last weekend and especially with the signings they have made recently. Has anybody started a save with PSG and implemented the new transfers through the editor? Thinking of doing that and starting a career with them before the release of FM13. Should be an interesting save.

Thought a lot about doing a career save with PSG after watching some of the Ligue1 games last weekend and especially with the signings they have made recently. Has anybody started a save with PSG and implemented the new transfers through the editor? Thinking of doing that and starting a career with them before the release of FM13. Should be an interesting save.

Just started a new save using the Weegie update. They've even got the Lucas Moura transfer in as a January future move. Team is full of class.

In addition to the signings already there I brought in Mathieu at LB and Walter Montillo to add to the stellar attacking talent. Playing 4231 (with MC's and AMR/AML) and have made a flying start to the season.

So far it's a good fun save that should keep me entertained until FM13.

• 4 weeks later...
Just started a new save using the Weegie update. They've even got the Lucas Moura transfer in as a January future move. Team is full of class.

In addition to the signings already there I brought in Mathieu at LB and Walter Montillo to add to the stellar attacking talent. Playing 4231 (with MC's and AMR/AML) and have made a flying start to the season.

So far it's a good fun save that should keep me entertained until FM13.

Same here ... delightful team !!!

First off I must say, What a great OP, it inspired me to play with PSG as my first save on fm12 way back last year when the game first come out, since then i have played as numerous saves, but I really enjoyed playing as PSG.

I was playing my West Brom career save this morning when I noticed that Pastore had moved to Man city for a bargain £15.5 million, this made me have a look at the psg squad, and I saw that they have been on a massive spending spree over the past three years.

I am playing on the 25th August version of the Weegie Update, so people like Thiago Silva and ibra are now at PSG.

Anyway I digress... This inspired me to have my last save game on FM12 before FM13 comes out to be as PSG.

I have loaded the full French league on a large database (laptop is not great and can’t really load more than this.)

I started up my save and had a little look through the squad, WOW I must say I am really impressed, we could easily win the league and the cups with minimal additions to the squad (more on that in a bit)

My tactic is a 442 tweaked from the FUSStidious v3 tactic

parissaintgermaintactic.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

as you can see the midfielders play rather like defensive midfielders, with a lot of assists coming from the two wingers, the Strikers play amazing (on my last save i picked up a bargain Jermain Defoe in the second season for £2.1 million and he scored me 62 goals in all competitions).I really like this tactic, however i am considering tweaking this to have an attacking midfielder in the line up.

My Squad analysis:

GK:

Sirgiu – I Think Sirgiu is a top quality Goalkeeper and will be my number one for the foreseeable future.

Le Crom – Third Choice keeper, will be looking to get rid of either as soon as possible or on a free at the end of the season.

Douchez- Second Choice Keeper , Personally in my previous save he was rubbish, so may look to replace him at some stage too.

Youth options:

Alphonse Areola: Great up and coming goalkeeper, will be tutored by Sirgiu and will look to get him so cup games (probably my realistic third choice.

Other Options:

Marc andre ter stegen (Gladbach) – I like this chap, has always impressed me and will look to have as my second choice goalkeeper.

Ron Robert zieler (hannover) – Another good prospect for the Future, will be a toss up between him and zieler as to who to buy.

Centre backs:

Thiago Silva: Rock Solid at the back, Quick, Strong and good in the air – Will be my first Choice for a great number of years.

Mamadou Sakho: I like this boy alot, to be honest he looks like a younger version of Thiago Silva. Will be my partner to silva (rotating with Alex)

Alex: A great defender with good all round stats, doesn’t quite have age on his side so will be mixing it up with Sakho for a first team position.

Diego Lugano: Again age not really on his side, I have never liked him on previous saves, as such will be looking to sell and replace with a younger hot prospect.

Youth Options: To be totally honest i do not see any of the youngsters here breaking into the first team here.

Other options:

Kurt Zouma(st etienne) : I am a massive fan of this young lad at 16 years of age, has a lot of room to manoeuvre and will become a great defender in future years, he will relish under being tutored by our first team players and will come on leaps and bounds.

Nathaniel chalobah (Chelsea): Another player whom I am a great fan of, will not come cheap but can become a great player in years to come again at 16 years old has a really bright future.

Full Backs:

Maxwell : i personally see him playing more as a wing back than a left back, so i will be looking for a first team left back with Maxwell covering in case of injuries and fatigue etc.

Jallet: I don’t personally rate this guy a great deal, team report says that he is the weakest link in the squad, and we have no cover for right back at all other than this guy.

Other options: I am looking for a player from the French leagues to cover here, not quite sure yet, but i will keep you informed .

I will try and speed this up a bit as i am aware this is a long post!

Midfielders:

Motta and Matuidi will be my first team choices in the centre of the park, both experienced players and will be able to help the transition between defence and attack nicely.

Other options

Marco Verrati – i noticed that PSG had signed him on the weegie database, i like this lad who is a great prospect for the future.

A certain French defensive midfielder who is arguably the best DM in the game... no names will be mentioned, this guy will not come cheap!

Attacking midfielders/Wingers:

Pastore, Menez and chantome, are all decent players, will be looking to play menez and pastore as first team.

Strikers:

Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi and Gameiro: wow one of the best strike forces in any team. No need to question anything about these guys.

Overall the team is great, we have a lot of good players, and a few average players which i have not mentioned. I will be looking at getting new full backs, and another defensive minded midfielder, I like alot of the team and i don’t think i will be making masses of changes, but with £40Million to spend who knows!

I will update with my transfers soon and post my pre season friendly results, apologises for the rush job towards the end, i wasn’t aware of how long this post was getting....

• 4 weeks later...
Is it just me who struggles as PSG? I don't know if its the change of many players or tactics but the team just concedes goals and doesn't seem to hit any good form

Could be many factors - new players, the formation and the tactic etc. Remember, it could take 10-20 games until your players are used to the tactic.

Archived