FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also bought LLorente - he scored 62 goals in his first season for me breaking every club record. However we were very much a one-trick pony totally relying on him to win us games - which to be fair he often did. Problems arose when he was injured.

I have playing alongside 3 other world class strikers now and he's still excellent as a target man.

I see Chelsea are after him in real life according to the BBC.

Just won the FA cup, prem, league cup and champions league on my 2nd season. Crushing barca 3 - 0 in the final :)

my team

gk: szhezny, fabianski

dr:sime, cassani

dl: baines, gibbs

dc: vertonghen, vermailen

dc: rami, neuton

dmc: song, fernando

mcr: wilshere, arteta, ramsey

amcl: Van persie, jadson

Aml: Arshavin, hulk

amr: walcott, willian

St: leandro damiao, mbaye niang

Biggest surprise was niang he scored 20 goals in all cup competitions.

Season 2 Update

Things have started decently well for my second season. Looks like the league is going to be another close race. Liverpool on fire thanks to Arshavin :mad: (5 goals 8 assists in 11 matches).

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-4.png

Went out of the Carling Cup in the 4th Rd.

Transfers

Plus a bunch of loans. Gibbs I think is the next player to go in the January window while he can still pass a medical!

In

Yaya Sanogo ~ Auxerre - Free - £10,000 a week.

Robert Smit ~ Ajax - £1,100,000 - £55 a week (youth). || Very promising striker.

William Busscher ~ PSV - £1,500,000 - £55 a week (youth). || Promptly broke his leg.

Total - £2,600,000

Out

Craig Eastmond ~ Bristol City - £500,000

Denilson ~ Genoa - £4,000,000

Nicklas Bendtner ~ PSG (Loan) - £2,500,000

Park Chu-Young ~ Lyon (Loan to buy) - £500,000 || £10,000,000 future fee

Total - £7,500,000

Thoughts

Need to find myself a replacement for the left back spot (needs to be attack minded for my tactics). Gibbs is perma crocked and now looks like a championship player and Andre Santos doesn't seem to preform for me. Looking at Leighton Baines and Juan Manuel Vargas. Anyone have any experience with either? Other suggestions?

*quick update* Baines just crocked himself.

Robert Smit

RobertSmitOverview_Attributes.png

i will choose to buy Thiago Alcantara.... and use 4-4-2

welcome to the thread foxhero

nice to see you all doing well lads, i'll have an update when i actually play when i get back from the emerald isle, glad to see you got on top of it ewok, but make sure you keep things tighter tactically too, take the pressure off the players and give those not performing a bit of a reminder with a private conversation

At the end of season 5:

arsenal2016.jpg

van Persie playing a little less now, and Niang is taking over his spot very well. Could've offloaded him earlier on for a nice amount but I dont need the money and I want him (as does he) to finish his career here. Then after winning the CL a second time I checked Messi again and this time finally:

messif.jpg

Now I had to choose between Walcott and Hazard to leave the club as I want to keep giving my youngsters (Acosta/Labyad) some playing time also and with Messi coming I will have too many wingers/attackers. I opted for Walcott as he wanted a new challenge after winning everything. Barca bid 55m (euro) but he rejected their contract :/ Now Man C wanted to loan him for 12m with 50m future, PSG bid a cheeky 24m so off to Man C he is. I wonder what the chances are clubs actually buy players after a loan though?

Anyways, snapped up 2-2 more 16 year olds and didnt sell/buy anyone else. Oh and Gibbs wants a new challenge also, not sure what I will do with him.

He plays for Barcelona, you probably don't have Spain loaded that's why he doesn't show .

Hi again mate, this is so strange. I actually have both Spain and Italy loaded and checked Barcelona and no player with that name. However just as you said he plays 1st team for Barcelona. What do you think has happened, has the game left him out?

He plays for Barcelona, you probably don't have Spain loaded that's why he doesn't show .

Sorry to drag this on, there is a player called "Thiago" but just called that, I hope this isn't a dumb question...but is that the guy your talking about?

Season 2 Update

Thoughts

Need to find myself a replacement for the left back spot (needs to be attack minded for my tactics). Gibbs is perma crocked and now looks like a championship player and Andre Santos doesn't seem to preform for me. Looking at Leighton Baines and Juan Manuel Vargas. Anyone have any experience with either? Other suggestions?

*quick update* Baines just crocked himself.

Check Domenico Criscito. He's decent going forward but great defensively. You could check out Federico Balzaretti but he's older than Domenico. 30 years old in your save I believe. If not then 31. I have him and he's still first eleven for me. Better attacker than Domenico and as good as Domenico in defense. If you can afford then there's always Marcelo who fits what you looking for. Sorry I don't have any other suggestions.

Hey guys, started a new save again. Gave up my old save after I bought the likes of M'Vila, Hazard, Hulk etc etc. New save with greater emphasis on youths. My philosophy now is buy only 21 yr olds & below just to spice things up a lil.

ArsenalTransfers_History.png

A bit of an overkill, I know. Missed out on Vrsaljko ( chose Newcastle over me) so ended up with Johansson but he hasnt failed me yet. Getting either Montoya or Corchia next season. Santos got a slipped disc and is out for 5 months so luckily I got Digne & Mendy as Gibbs is quite injury prone as in IRL.

I haven't done an update in a few weeks, so I thought I'd do one now.

2014/2015 Season - Catch-up and Pre-season

What happened last season?

To start off with, let's catch up with what I did in the 13/14 season. Perhaps predictably, we won everything on offer; the Community Shield, Euro. Super Cup, Club World Championship, Carling Cup, FA Cup, Champions League and the Premier League. We've now won the league three times in a row, although this year we had to win on the last day of the season to wrap the title up which was a refreshing change of pace. Winning a second consecutive Champions League was also hard work, since we had to go through Real Madrid, Porto and Manchester United to win it. The rest, to be brutally honest, were pretty easy to win.

With that, I have done everything I wanted to do with this save and the only reason I'm carrying on is to develop some youngsters I have and see if I can break a few more club records along the way.

Transfers

INS:

Jack Robinson - £11mil from Liverpool.

Ross Barkley - £15mil from Everton.

Nathan Clark - £1.2mil from Watford.

George Middleton - £2.7mil from Notts County.

Yup, four English players in. I was quite fortunate to get Robinson and Barkley as cheap as I did. Robinson wanted more first team action and when I declared interest in signing him, Liverpool were forced to sell for cheaper. Everton got relegated somehow, so most of their stars went for lower prices. The £15mil I paid for Barkley may seem a lot, but it's about half of what they were orginally asking for.

Clark isn't really anything special but I needed a reserve keeper. Middleton I'm excited about.

OUTS:

Per Mertesacker - £12.25mil to Inter.

Mohammed Abdellaoue - £8mil to Anzhi.

Mikel Arteta - £5.5mil to Malaga.

Lucas Digne - £2.4mil to Hercules.

Thorgan Hazard - Free.

Neal Eardley - Free.

Selling Mertesacker and Arteta wasn't in my plans, but they both had a year left on their contract and renewing them would require me to pay them more than I wanted too; Mertesacker was already on £80k p/w, while Arteta was aging. Selling them both gave me the opportunity to sign Middleton and Barkley, so it works out.

Abdellaoue, unfortunately, flopped pretty hard so he had to go. Digne and Hazard weren't developing a lot, while Eardley was out last season.

Squad

Wojciech Szczesny

Damian Martinez

Szczesny is obviously the undisputed number one and will be for several years. Martinez has developed well and is a good backup keeper for me.

Bacary Sagna

Mattias Johansson

Thomas Vermaelen

Laurent Koscielny

Kyle Bartley

George Middleton

Jack Robinson

Kieran Gibbs

The defence is will built, though it lacks that physical beast. Vermaelen and Koscielny are the first choice pairing, with Bartley and Middleton being backups. At full back, the aging Sagna is still goin strong, while Johansson is still a bit raw and I'm wondering if he actually will become good enough to take over from the Frenchman. The other side is very healthy, with the very promising Robinson and Gibbs, who I can rotate freely knowing both will do well.

Alex Song

Francis Coquelin

Aaron Ramsey

Ross Barkley

Jordan Top

Jack Wilshere

The strongest area of my team. Song, Ramsey and Wilshere are world class and are my three starting midfielders, while Coquelin, Barkley and Top are immensley promising and could take over at any time.

Marco Reus

Alex Chamberlain

Dusan Tadic

Theo Walcott

Goals and assists galore with these four. Reus regularly bangs in 20 goals a season, while Tadic is an assist king. Walcott is picking up a few injuries at the moment, but is still quality. Chamberlain is finally starting to develop into a fine player.

Robin van Persie

Jesé

Michael Santos

Finally, the strikers. Van Persie, though aging, is till a quality player while Jesé will be a top player soon. Both will score and assist loads. Santos is a young regen I signed last year and will now make the step up to the first team.

Conclusion

That's it for now. It's a young squad, but it has plenty of talent and it should bring me some more success. I'll upload some screenshots of my more promising players later on. :thup:

Barkley was developed at Everton, but Ramsey and Wilshere were developed with my own schedules. Usually, the percentage breakdown is 70% schedule training, 20% match preparation and 10% individual focus.

Also what I tend to do is have two seperate sheudels for two seperate age groups. I have a set for 17-19 year olds, which focuses entirely on physical and technial work and I have set for 19 and upwards (i.e. the first team) which does less physical work, slightly less technical stuff and a lot more tactics training. Mental attributes tend to grow when a player gets older, so you don't need to focus on those during their teen years.

Ramsey looks really good there, nicely done! In the first 10 months of my season Ramsey's attributes didn't raise by 1 point, buut they've started to shoot up now. :thup:

Your Wilshere looks pretty similar to mine, except yours has better mental attributes.

Barkley looks nowhere near as good in my game, nor has he played very much. :thdn:

This is ramsey on my game. he's been a regular 1st team starter since the beginning , with training hardly focused on tactics and attacking ( intensive workload ) - overall workload is medium, one notch below heavy.he's been learning some ppm's ( comes deep to get ball, control tempo ) and match preparation always on low/very low. apparently nowhere near as good as in your game, although he's been sidelined for 3 months with 2 more weeks to go with a torn harmstring. same goes for wilshere -i'm in 2014 , february.

t53fag.png2hofarb.png

Well there are a couple of things to take into consideration. With Ramsey, his PA is random so he may have a lower PA than my Ramsey so he may not have much more room to grow. With Wilshere, mine has reached his PA, whereas with your one it looks like he still has a little bit of room to grow. His physicals, the hardest attributes to raise, may not get to as high as mine but his mentals certainly will.

I've got a few more to show off:

wojciechszczesny2014.pngkylebartley2014.pngfranciscoquelin2014.pngjese2014.png

Season 2011/12 Roundup

Since my last update (February) I've finished the season and made some progress.

Premier League - Our form was a bit topsy-turvy in the last few months of the season but despite a poor April (and another defeat to Spurs) we were able to sneak 3rd place ahead of Tottenham and Chelsea.

FA Cup - We reached the Semi-Final but were unfortunately knocked out by City -again - in a close game.

Champions League - Our Quarter-Final draw was awful - Barcelona - with a game against City coming around the same time. Pounded in the first leg, I threw the second leg to focus on the league game against City - a move which paid dividends by the end of the season.

Players

Top Scorer - Robin van Persie was our top scorer with 19 goals from 42 games. Edinson Cavani followed up 16 in 21 games.

Assists - Mikel Arteta was my most consistent performer providing 26 assists in 55 games.

Av. Rating - André Ayew marked a special debut season with 16 goals in 42 games and an average rating of 7.53.

I'll update again in 2012/13.

JEinchy well done on developing Coquelin. He did not get anyway near that in my save. Btw have many of you got a new chairman? And most importantly how do you get rid of one? Jamie Ashdown is now my new chairman and somehow this is very very irritating! :p

Hi Guys and Gals, just wanted your view on my three new buys. Will they be any good?

Nicolas Otamendi

Vaclav Kadlec

Zakaria Labyad (stole him from a Man U bid LOL)

and am still chasing Edinson Cavani. I sold Thomas (DC) got 14mil for him from Man City and Asharvin (AMC) got 3.5 mil from Man City. What is it with Man City buying up our players? Believe it or not I can't get rid of Rosisky (excuse spelling). Anyway any feed back would be greatly appreciated. RVP contract is due shortly, am wondering if I should keep him as I now have Kadlec and RVP 80k a week is a little steep. Also if your wondering why I sold Thomas, even though Mert is 80K as well he is amazing.

Cheers guys

JEinchy well done on developing Coquelin. He did not get anyway near that in my save. Btw have many of you got a new chairman? And most importantly how do you get rid of one? Jamie Ashdown is now my new chairman and somehow this is very very irritating!

I decided from the beginning that Coquelin would be my backup for Alex Song, so he was getting some decent playing time from the start. He can still grow some more on my save, to the point where he'll be just as good as Song which is no small feat, since Song is an exceptional player on this game.

As for the Chairman; I'm in season four, and I've had nothing about a takeover. I can see why you'd be irratated about Jamie Ashdown being the chairman though. That's just completely random.

Hi Guys and Gals, just wanted your view on my three new buys. Will they be any good?

Nicolas Otamendi

Vaclav Kadlec

Zakaria Labyad (stole him from a Man U bid LOL)

and am still chasing Edinson Cavani. I sold Thomas (DC) got 14mil for him from Man City and Asharvin (AMC) got 3.5 mil from Man City. What is it with Man City buying up our players? Believe it or not I can't get rid of Rosisky (excuse spelling). Anyway any feed back would be greatly appreciated. RVP contract is due shortly, am wondering if I should keep him as I now have Kadlec and RVP 80k a week is a little steep. Also if your wondering why I sold Thomas, even though Mert is 80K as well he is amazing.

Cheers guys

Selling Vermaelen. :confused: Bit of a strange decision, that. Vermaelen is a class defender, a leader and a great tutor. Selling him to your main rivals isn't the wisest thing to do.

Van Persie is also class and I'm quite happily paying him £115k p/w. This is something I've personally adapted; I used to very hesitant about paying players £100k p/w+ wages, but sometimes you have to pay top bucks to keep top players. Kadlec is a good talent, but not on van Persie's level, who is one of the most complete strikers in the game, with set-piece expertise and decent leadership skills. He's 31 on my save, has decliend a little bit after a few months out, but he can play until he retires as far as I'm concerned. I play a Trequartista role up front, so physical stas become irrelevant.

As for your buys, Otamendi is a very good young defender so no problems there. Kadlec I've seen on older games become a great poacher, though I'm not sure if he can reach the same levels on this one. Labyad is a player I'm curious about, since his stats look very good for someone so young. Should turn into a good player.

Hi guys, sorry for selling Thomas Vermaelen, didn't realise I would get the reaction I have. However I must be getting punished as I bought this player and now can't play him as the message reads "can't play for more than two teams in the same year" how do I fix this as it is Jan and well I can't play him. I will try to buy Thomas back to keep favour with you lot. <G>

Cheers all

Anybody else think Peter Hill-Wood's an awesome chairman? He's just sanctioned my second board-negotiated transfer.

Who so you guys/girls take as replacement for rb and the lb position?

Gregory van der Wiel for RB and Leighton Baines for LB.

Hey,

Since I always visit this forum and visit the Arsenal thread a lot I figured I might aswell post my season aswell!

First half of season 1 update!

Tactic:

4-5-1

10122011185354.jpg

Lineup:

GK: Szczesny / Fabianski

DC: Vermaelen / Koscielny / Per Mertesacker

DC: Otamendi / Koscielny / Per Mertesacker

RB: Sagna / Vrsaljko

LB: Gibbs / Robinson

CM: Ramsey / Rosicky

CM: Arteta / Song

AMC: Wilshere / Rosicky

AMR: Gervinho / Walcott

AML: Arshavin / Miyaichi

ST: van Persie / Chamakh

Transfers

In:

Jack Robinson - 18,000,000 (10 upfront and 8 over 12 months)

Sime Vrsaljko - 4,500,000

Nicolas Otamendi - 12,500,000

Total: 35,000,000

Out:

Manuel Almunia - Malaga - 2,500,000

Vito Mannone - Napoli - 1,700,000

Total: 3,900,000

Future transfers:

In:

Aly Cissokho

Out:

Sebastian Squillaci

Andre Santos

Emmanuel Frimpong

Abou Diaby

Pedro Botelho

Fixtures:

10122011184850.jpg

Sadly we got absolutely smashed by Liverpool on the first game of the season.

I will update more accurately next time like the others do!

2014/2015 - Auguest, September and October Update

Community Shield

Manchester City 1 - 2 Arsenal (Bryan Ruiz 10'; Jese 6', Jack Wilshere 25')

A pretty routine win against City, and a rare game against them where they barely troubled.

European Super Cup

Arsenal 5 - 0 Genoa (Jack Wilshere 24', 36', Christian Ledesma OG 45+1', Michael Santos 65', Alex Chamberlain 87')

I wasn't expecting to win by such a big margain. Genoa have a really good team and play the sort of formation I'd struggle against (3-4-3). We didn't dominate the game, but still scored five goals.

Premier League

Chelsea 0 - 2 Arsenal (Jack Wilshere 50', pen 64')

Not a bad way to kick the season off, with a victory over our title rivals. It was something of a grind, with little shots between both sides and the defining being a moment of quality by Jese to set-up the first and wining the penalty.

Arsenal 7 - 2 Woves (Ramsey 6', Vermaelen 10', Koscielny 22', Chamberlain 48', Santos 51', 67', Barkley 73'; Stancu 8', 82')

This game was actually 1-1 at some point, but I guess that annoyed the players since they superbly afterwards. Wolves are a more than useful outfit so this result is quite impressive.

Wigan 0 - 3 Arsenal (Dusan Tadic 6', Laurent Koscielny 41', Alex Chamberlain 64')

And the good form continues with a win at newly promoted Wigan.

Arsenal 2 - 1 Manchester United (Thomas Vermaelen 39', Michael Santos 67'; Tom Cleverly 7')

The team I consider to be our main rivals definitely gave us a tough game, and it took 18 year old Santos to come off the becnh and score the winner to secure the three points.

Newcastle 2 - 3 Arsenal (Mauro Formica 27', Emmanuel Mayuka 46'; Jese 45+1, Chamberlain 45+1, Michael Santos 67')

Pushed all the way in this one. We defended rather poorly, but thankfully we had enough firepower to get the win. Santos with the winner again.

Arsenal 4 - 1 Aston Villa (Thomas Vermaelen 12', 63', Jese 27', Jack Wilshere 84'; Gabby Agbonlahor 66')

A routine win, really.

West Ham 0 - 2 Arsenal (Dusan Tadic 33', 88')

A tougher game but we took our opportunities as they came.

Blackpool 1 - 3 Arsenal (Bjarnsson 49'; Jese 17', Michael Santos 71', Marco Reus 80')

Another routine win.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Swansea (Theo Walcott 9', Dusan Tadic 64')

We didn't play that well, but home advantage told in the end.

Champions League

AC Milan 2 - 5 Arsenal (Pato pen 66', 90+1'; Adam Federici OG 14', Wilshere 20', Jese 46', Santos 52', Walcott 85')

Well, what a night this was. Milan's side is quite average with the exception of Pato, but to stick five past them in Italy is quite an achievement.

Arsenal 6 - 0 Rangers (Chamberlain 13', Song 19', Jese 30', 60', 69', Koscielny 53')

The goals just keep on coming. Jese returned to form with a great hat-trick.

CSKA (Sofia) 2 - 2 Arsenal (Popov 30' 56'; Coquelin 18', Reus 76')

This was such a strange game and for the life of me I cannot work out how we didn't get three points.

Carling Cup

Arsenal 5 - 0 Brighton (Reus 5', 11', Middleton 15', Santos 61', 82')

Easy stuff.

Cardiff 1 - 3 Arsenal (Tonge 69'; Keinan OG 38', Chamberlain 78', Walcott 90+1')

Much harder than the last round, and it two late goals to get though.

Archived