FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

after several seasons of the same formation, I decided to mix things up by changing player roles, and have managed to get Tevez back into his scoring ways, and make my side very smooth when moving the ball around :D Just need to see how it does throughout the season

Tevez hat-trick in 7 minutes :cool: finished the game with 4 :D

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 2012/2013 Update

August - December 2012

After a solid yet unspectacular first-season, I was looking to challenge for some honours and build on a solid start to my career. We were, again, very active in the transfer market bringing in several players and moving on several.

Transfers

[Full Transfer Activity]

I had 3 primary targets in this window - Mateo Musacchio, Gregory van der Wiel and Marc-André ter Stegen - I was able to capture van der Wiel and Musacchio but was unable to sign ter Stegen from Gladbach due to a particularly stubborn refusal to budge from their asking price. Nonetheless, I will continue to pursue him. Also signed were several youngsters including Yaya Sanogo who was released on a free despite having an excellent loan-spell at Nimes.

Leaving the club were (amongst others) Nicklas Bendtner and Denilson to Fulham and Aston Villa respectively. A number of youngsters left the club at the end of their contracts and several went out on loan to gain first-team experience including Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Benik Afobe.

Highlights

• Beating Tottenham 3-1 after conceding in the first half-four. Adam Johnson scored brace to equalise, and give us the lead before Edinson Cavani finished them off.
  • Beating Chelsea in Extra-Time at Stamford Bridge despite again going behind first. Theo Walcott was Man of the Match but Adam Johnson put in another stellar performance.
  • Securing 1st place in our Champions League group by beating 2nd-place Schalke 5-1 at the Emirates another excellent performance left me in a great position and allowed me a game to blood the youngsters.

Lowlights

• Losing resoundingly to Manchester City on our own patch. Gervinho's 96th minute goal was of scant consolation.
  • The 3-match losing streak that saw us slip from 1st to 6th.
  • Drawing 2-2 at Old Trafford despite controlling the game and deserving to win it. We lacked a killer-edge.

Summary

By the beginning of January we are sitting pretty in the top-3 of the Premier League in a decent position to push on in the New Year. In other competitions we are awaiting a Carling Cup Semi-Final clash against Spurs and a Champions League clash against Olympiakos in February.

League: excellent start to my 2018/19 season. 7 games played, 7 won. 26 scored and only 2 conceded. All of my squad seem to have clicked after their new roles were issued and the tactic is working a charm!

CL: got a champions league group of Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan and M. Haifa. 2 games played and drew 1-1 with Inter away and smashed Haifa 7-0 at home :)

Carlin Cup: beat crystal palace 2-0 in 3rd round, will be playing Wolves in the 4th who I just beat 6-0 in the league

Season 11/12 April Update

I'll do May and end of season at same time

Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg - MANCHESTER UNITED 1-1 ARSENAL – Young 10 – Van Persie 1

I was going to set out defensivly trying to get to 0-0 after 70 minutes and then go into overload mode to try and nick a winner. This was until I looked at the preview and saw that both Vidic and Rooney were suspended. I thought “ Let’s go for it” and so decided to play my natural tactics. After less than a minute we were on our way with a captains goal from Van persie. Out of nowhere really united equalised through Ashley young from outside the box and after that we just couldn’t get the breakthrough. Next year….

Premier League – MANCHESTER UNITED 1-4 ARSENAL – Fletcher 29 Rooney 11 - Walcott 27 Granero 52 Koscielny 73 Park 80

Having to return to Old Trafford after just being knocked out of the champion’s league there was hardly ideal. In addition United had Rooney back and for some reason the previous game took more out of Arsenal than United with every player at just 95%. So naturally I feared the worst and set up to try and get a 0-0. All plans were pretty much written off when Rooney went in two-footed on Van Persie and was sent off after just 11 minutes. Van Persie had to be taken off but luckily he would only be out for a week. After that we opened united up and although Walcott also limped off with a minor injury we still won the game very comfortably. Granero scored a cracker and Arteta was fantastic. 13 points clear with 6 games left.

Premier League – ARSENAL 1-0 ASTON VILLA – Park 16 Bennayoun m/p78

Forced to play just two days after United I made 10 changes just leaving fabianski in goal. I the end it was quite a scrappy affair and although we created enough chances just the 1 goal was enough. United lost at Chelsea meaning we were one win from the title.

FA Cup Semi-Final - ARSENAL 3–1 BIRMINGHAM CITY – Chamackh 30 40 Song 72 - Fahey 4

Quite ironic that it was Birmingham we were playing at Wembley after the real life battle. Thankfully Arsenal were on the end of the right result on this occasion. Despite missing Van Persie and Walcott the team still created enough chances and a second Fa Cup brace of the season for Chamackh started the comeback win. 73% possession in a semi final is quite impressive I think. Great goal by Song as well. It set up a mouth-watering Final against that small club down the road…Tottenham Hotspur.

Premier League – BLACKBURN ROVERS 1-1 ARSENAL – Vrsaljko o.g 66 – Arteta 72

I rested a lot of the first teamers and it showed in quite a poor performace. Seemed to e heading for defeat after an unlucky own goal but Arteta scored a cracker to get us back level. Have to put the champagne on ice. Oh well next up is Tottenham anyway.

Premier League – ARSENAL 1-1 TOTTENHAM - Walcott 55 Vermaelan 69 - Krancar 45

A big disappointment. Spurs had the better of the game and although Van Persie wasted two great chances to win it late on, Spurs can count themselves unfortunate not to come to Emirates and win. Celebrations postponed again.

Chelsea lost at Spurs which meant we won the league without having to kick a ball.

Premier League – FULHAM 1-1 ARSENAL – Mertersaker o.g 55 – Riise o.g 45

The tale of two bizarre own goals. We took the lead against the run of play with a lucky own goal. Fulham responded by hitting the post twice before Mertersaker stumbled in an own goal which Fabianski watched dribble over the line. With the league already won I wasn’t really too bothered about these results. Making sure Wilshere gets to ten league games for his medal was my only concern. He’s now on 9.

Top Scorers

Walcott 27

Van Persie 21

Park 17

Chamackh 10

Arshaivin 9

Top average ratings minimum 5 games (games/goals in brackets)

Laurent Koscielny 7.45 (42+2/5)

Robin Van Persie 7.37 (41+3/21)

Park Chu-Young 7.33 (27+7/17)

Per Mertesaker 7.28 (30+3/5)

Jan Vertonghen 7.27 (16+5/1)

-------------------------------

Theo Walcott 7.24 (40+9/27)

Tomas Vermaelen 7.22 (32+1/1)

THE LEAGUE TABLE

1. Arsenal played 36 points 88.

2. Chelsea played 36 points 76

3. Man United played 36 points 78

4. Tottenham played 36 points 70

5. Liverpool played 36 points 68

--------------------------------

6. Man City played 31 points 66

GAME OF THE MONTH

A tough one

TOTTENHAM 4-1 CHELSEA

Van der Vaart 50 Adebayor 73 77 90 / Torres 14 /

Shots 22 - 11

On Ta 11 - 4

Poss 42 - 58

PLAYER OF THE MONTH – Laurent Koscielny

Two in a row for Laurent

8.1 (1)

US

STAT OF THE MONTH

Top League goalscorers

1. Torres 27

2. Rooney 23

3. Adebayor 22

4. Carroll 20

5. Bendtner - Walcott 17

Champions League final is Manchester City vs Real Madrid. Real beat Barca on away goals

I am back from Ireland now, and looks like you guys have had a good few weeks, I'll be putting in the update somepoint tomorrow. Also out of interest I am planning my next tactical guide, is there any role, or aspect of tactics that someone wants covered? If so let me know.

How old is tevez? He must be getting on by now

34 years old :) Still doing his part, but I won't be renewing his contract which expires next season

Aguero just became Man City's all time record goal scorer with 159 goals :o

Wish I'd been able to snap him up

I am back from Ireland now, and looks like you guys have had a good few weeks, I'll be putting in the update somepoint tomorrow. Also out of interest I am planning my next tactical guide, is there any role, or aspect of tactics that someone wants covered? If so let me know.

Do you use a deep lying midfielder llama? Id be interested to see how you play him, what you want from him and what he achieves for you. Having a bit fo trouble getting Arteta to perform in this role ;)

Do you use a deep lying midfielder llama? Id be interested to see how you play him, what you want from him and what he achieves for you. Having a bit fo trouble getting Arteta to perform in this role ;)

Yes I do use a Deep-Lying Playmaker in my system, I can do a write up on that role for you if you like.

oh dear :( I focused too much on maintaining my undefeated streak in the league, which ended at Spurs with a 4-2 defeat and never realised my second last group game against Inter was a must win, and now I'll be playing In the europa League :( And after a straight second loss against Man city, my season seems to be back on track

sM8AV.jpg

I'm in my 3rd season already won the treble twice first time i won two times in a row. I need help on who should i pickup in the transfer market. i have 45 mil available. Also, im thinking about selling off RVP he has been mediocre compare to podolski and walcott not sure yet tho. here is my squad list.

I have been trying to sell rvp for a while no offers though

Llama could you please post your tactic? :)

My tactic is pretty straightforward, I have updated the tactic thread from my FM11 Tactic. Also though, please have a read of some of SFraser's (RIP) guides on tactics forum, and my guides too, these will help you learn how to build a cohesive team and system.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/255791-Llama-s-creative-Arsenal-4-2-3-1-(wide)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291550-The-Regista-regulating-a-steady-supply-of-Chances

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/278074-Trequartista-a-discussion

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277883-Some-thoughts-on-how-to-set-up-a-defence

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/269367-Llama3-s-Defensive-Masterclass

These last 2 are about transfer policy which can be worthwhile when buying and selling and forming a plan:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/268520-A-Guide-to-Transfer-Policy

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/269071-A-Guide-to-Transfer-Policy-Part-2

End of 2012/2013 Season

Competitions In storybook order.

FA Cup Final: Lost to City 1-3, but was still in control of the league at this point and still had a Champions League Final to look forward to.

League: Thought I'd thrown it away by losing to spuds in the second last game of the season (things looked bleak for any sort of trophy at this point) leaving City just needing a win on the last day... apparently they had other idea's then the title.

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-1.png

Champions League Final: Success! and over Barcelona as well. Was completely outplayed but managed to hang on to extra time where Raul topped off a magnificent second season by scoring the winner in extra time.

ArsenalvBarcelonaInformation_Overview.png

Thoughts + Wrap-Up

Tough season and first time in FM (playing a top side) that it looked like I might go devoid of a single trophy during a campaign. Had no expectations of being able to squeeze a result against Barcelona and had been hoping to see some other team knock them out at an earlier stage. All the sweeter beating them in the final in the end though.

Van Persie had injury problems all year and never really got in form. Walcott and Gervinho had fantastic seasons each contributing 20 goals in all comps.

Player of the season had to go to 35 year old Raul who stepped in for RvP and had 19 goals including some VERY important match winners in the run in.

Start of 2013/2014 Season

Competitions

Community Shield: Defeated City 1-0 thanks to a Gael Clichy own goal. :applause:

Super Cup: Lost to Man Utd 1-1 on penalties.

Squad and Tactics Running a 4-2-3-1 that seems to work for my players.

ArsenalTactics_Overview.png

Transfers

Signed Shinji Kagawa (£3,000,000 - £50,000 a week] and Margarina [£750,000 - £10,000 a week] a Brazilian newgen defender during last seasons January transfer window. Gibbs has another long term injury and will shipped out as soon as it's possible.

In

Mario Balotelli ~ Man City - £15,000,000 - £90,000 a week.

John van der Ende ~ FC Emmen - £525,000 - £600 a week. || Promising midfielder.

Ilias Terzis ~ Macclesfield - £50,000 - £5,000 a week. || Promising English striker.

Total - £15,575,000

Out

Abou Diaby ~ Milan - £11,250,000

Nicklas Bendtner ~ Roma - £13,000,000

Joel Campbell ~ Sampdoria - £3,200,000

Andre Santos ~ Botafogo - £5,750,000

Mikel Arteta ~ Milan - £8,500,000 || Didn't really want to sell him but got unhappy with Ramsey and Wilshere getting all the game time.

Park Chu-Young ~ Zenit - £10,750,000 || Seems to score bucket loads everywhere but at Arsenal.

Lukasz Fabianski ~ Betis - £3,000,000 || Unsettled so allowed him to move on.

Johan Djourou ~ FC Bayern (Loan to buy) - £1,100,000 || £14,000,000 future fee.

Sanchez Watt ~ Norwich - £100,000

Total - £57,000,000

Thoughts

Very light at the back and have been using TV and Koscielny as stop gaps to start the season. Vrsaljko has been working retrained as a left wing back as advised but might end up losing him as he isn't happy with his contract and his agent and I seem to hate each other.

Season 2012/2013 Update

January - May 2013

Transfers

I only had one target for January, Marc-André ter Stegen. My entirely awesome chairman, Peter Hill-Wood signed him for me for a (relatively) modest fee of £17.5m. My 6 months of unsettling him did a nice job of getting him here. Also arriving in January were a few youngsters including Jesé from Real Madrid and two 'impulse' signings Fernando Gago (on loan) and Marek Hamsik from Napoli for an eye-watering £30m.

Going some way towards balancing this binge was the £15m departure of Per Mertesacker to Inter Milan and the £1.2m loan of Carlos Vela to Villarreal.

Highlights

• A 2-0 away win against Spurs which put us in 1st place and positioned us perfectly for the title run-in.
  • The FA Cup Final in which we narrowly beat Newcastle 1-0 - despite RvP missing a penalty - thanks to Kieran Gibbs of all people.
  • Destroying Liverpool 4-1 in the Carling Cup final.

Lowlights

• Being outplayed by City every time I played them.
  • Being entirely outclassed - and knocked out of the CL - by Lyon including a 3-2 home defeat.
  • Allowing Norwich and Wolves to do the double over us.

Summary

We nicked the Premier League title by 2 points, comfortably won the FA Cup after an easy run and fought our way to a Carling Cup victory despite a tough run - including facing Chelsea, Spurs, Villa and West Ham. Marek Hamsik proved invaluable to our season despite the relatively impulsive nature of his arrival. He scored some key goals and provided some much needed penetration when we lacked it.

Honourable Mentions: Marek Hamsik, ter Stegen, Chris Samba and Adam Johnson (who came third in the PFA Player of the Year Award)

I'm now attempting to work out how to strengthen the side for next-season because frankly we were fortunate this year and we need to score more. As a result, I'm considering buying Neymar.

Need a bit of help guys, Madrid just bid 32.5m for Hazard, he is 28 and I can afford to lose him as I have probably 1 of the top 3 AMC In the world ready to step up. Should I squeeze them for a bit more, or let him play out his career at the club?

Gabrieli - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/gabrieliw.jpg/

Hazard - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/269/hazardu.jpg/

also thinking of going for this guy with the funds I get - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/gonzalezk.jpg/

Only wanting him as City do aswell, and I'd rather not play against him xD

Right, finally starting my new game which is going to be my last Arsenal save on FM12.

As in real life, I believe Arsenal need cover for Song at DM and I don't think Frimpong/Coquelin are quite there just yet.

My scouts reckon Van Bommel is a good answer. Cheap but wants 110K for 2 years - anyone had any success with him? Or recommend another DM?

Cheers

May

Quick update of May’s 3 matches before the season review

Premier League – ARSENAL 0-0 ASTON VILLA

A fourth draw in a row. Wasn’t happy.

FA Cup Final - ARSENAL 3–2 (aet) TOTTENHAM – Corluka 73 Defoe 90 – Van persie 43 Vemaealan 88 Walcott 114

Victory in the Cup final. We didn’t help ourselves but in the end got the job done. It was infact a very good game. Delighted with the win. I though Vermaealen had won it only for Defoe to score with the last kick of the game.

Premier League – SUNDERLAND 1-1 ARSENAL – Vermaelen o.g 6 – Van Persie 59

The players were all on their Holidays it seemed as we kicked off the last game of the season. Oh well. I hope that start getting wins when it counts.

Annoyingly Manchester City managed to win the Champions league.

2011/12 SEASON REVIEW

My debut season In charge of the team I support. Well It was a good season in may ways. Winning the Premier League and two cups. Unhappy about the Champions League defeat but will set that as a higher goal next season although obviously you are always dictated to by the draw. Very happy to win the league despite the terrible dip in form. The league cup was a good competition and again was happy to win it. It’s always nice to beat Spurs in a final so the FA win was good and was delighted with the results at Liverpool and Everton.

Overall I can’t really complain with the first season. Grounds to work with for next season. Getting rid of all the dead wood and with Lansbury and Bartley to return as well as my fm11 favourite Carlos Vela. Also will be trying harder to develop the youngsters I have.

The Final League Table

Arsenal P38 W27 D9 L2 GF79 GA 22 P90

Chelsea P38 W26 D6 L8 GF75 GA29 P82

Man United P38 W26 D4 L8 GF82 GA39 P82

Tottenham P38 W24 D7 L8 GF73 GA39 P76

Man City P38 W22 D6 L10 GF72 GA28 P72

Liverpool finshed Sixth. Everton Seventh. Swansea, Wigan and QPR were relegated.

Blackpool, Birmingham and Portsmouth will be joining the premier league next season.

Arsenal results timeline

WWWWWWWDDWWWWDDWLWWWWWWWWWLWWWWWWDDDDD

Amazing that we drew our last five games. Very happy with just the two defeats. Our home record was

P19 W16 D3 L0 GF42 GA7

Away

P19 W11 D6 L2 GF37 GA15

Best league Performances

1. MANCHESTER UNITED 1-4 ARSENAL -

2. ARSENAL 4-1 MANCHESTER UNITED -

3. NORWICH 0-5 ARSENAL -

Although there were many, to beat united once 4-1 was great to beat them twice was outstanding. Fantastic wins against Liverpool and City could also have been included, but the Norwich result on the opening day set the tone for the whole season.

Worst league performances

1. ARSENAL 1-1 TOTTENHAM

2. EVERTON 1-0 ARSENAL

3. BLACKBURN 1-1 ARSENAL

The most disappointing result was definitely Tottenham. A chance to win the league at home to your neighbours and you only draw. The Everton defeat was just annoying while I was angry at how poorly we were at the end of the season. Any one of those last six could’ve been picked.

Best cup performances

1. ARSENAL 4-0 LILLE (Champions league second round 1st leg)

2. VALENCIA 0-2 ARSENAL (Champions league group stage)

3. LIVERPOOL 2-3 ARSENAL (FA Cup 5th Round)

Some great performances and matches again. The top one though was the 4-0 defeat of Lille. Having stumbled to a draw in the first leg to play so well in the first half to go 4-0 up was incredible. Beating Valencia away from home and keeping a clean sheet was a great result. Liverpool was just a fantastic game.

Worst cup performances

1. ARSENAL 2-2 MANCHESTER UNITED (Champions league qf 1st leg)

2. MANCHESTER UITED 1-1 ARSENAL (Champions league qf 2nd leg)

3. ARSENAL 0-0 CYRSTAL PALACE (Fa Cup Fourth Round)

Pretty much the night we got knocked out. Going 0-2 down after 17 minutes was probably the biggest low point of the whole season. Taking the lead after 1 minute was perfect in the second leg until it was wiped out less than 10 minutes later. Palace I didn’t play a strong team but still a home goalless draw against a Championship club with Van Persie and Walcott starting was annoying and gave an unnecessary extra game.

Stars of the season

Koscielny, Park and Walcott were the three that shone out the brightest. I think Granero, Arshavin, Song and Mertersaker also deserve mentions. New boys Vrsaljko and Vertonghen were also impressive.

Bad eggs of the season

Van Persie for only scoring 11 league goals. Gervinho for only scoring 4 and both keepers for not being consistent enough. Everyone else played very well

Player ratings

All Competitions

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6418/fm12av1.jpg

(Sorry for small writing)

goal stats of the season

Overall/League/Cup/Europe

Walcott – 28-17-7-4

Van Persie - 23-11-5-7

Park – 17-15-0-2

Chamackh – 10-5-4-1

Arshavin – 9-6-1-2

Arteta – 6-3-0-3

Mertersaker – 5-4-0-1

Koscielny – 5-5-0-0

Granero – 5-2-2-1

Song – 4-2-2-0

Gervinho -4-2-1-1

Chamberlain – 3-2-0-1

Vermaelen – 2-0-1-1

Gibbs – 1-1-0-0

Vertonhen – 1-0-1-0

Top 3s and Awards

Goals

Torres (Chelsea) 27

Adebayor (Spurs) 26

Rooney (Man United) 24

Assists

Modric (Tottenham) 19

Berbatov (man United) 15

Van Persie (Arsenal) 12

M Petrov (Bolton) =

Average Rating

Torres (Chelsea) 7.75

Rooney (Man United) 7.67

Koscielny (Arsenal) 7.51

Footballer of the year

Torres (Chelsea)

Rooney ( Man United)

Modric (Tottenham)

Player’s Player of the year

Y Toure (Man City)

Van Persie (Arsenal)

Aguero (Man City)

Players Young player of the year

Carroll (Liverpool)

Bendtner (Sunderland/Arsenal

Walcott (Arsenal)

Manager of the year

KingLara (Arsenal)

Bruce (Sunderland)

Ferguson (Man United)

Team of the year

Hart (Man City)

A Cole (Chelsea)

Kompany (Man City)

Koscielny

Johnson (Liverpool)

Arshavin

Modric (Tottenham)

Y Toure (Man City)

Knightly (Wolves)

Torres (Chelsea)

Rooney (Man United)

Bench;

Gordon (Sunderland)

Alex (Chelsea)

Silva (Man City)

Van Persie

Adebayor (Tottenham/Man City)

N’Zogbia (Aston Villa)

Berbatov (Man United)

NEXT SEASON PREVIEW

I will sell most of the dead wood such as Diaby and Djourou. I will keep Chamackh and see how he does for half a season as he never really got a chance this campaign. As for signings Rene Adler is coming on a free and I will be going all out to try and find an Attacking left-sided midfielder as Arshavin will probably go. The dream is Mario Goetze but we shall see…..

Final bit of news is that I was selected to manage the Great Britian Olympic team. I'll let you know how it went when I do my pre-season update.

May

Quick update of May’s 3 matches before the season review

Premier League – ARSENAL 0-0 ASTON VILLA

A fourth draw in a row. Wasn’t happy.

FA Cup Final - ARSENAL 3–2 (aet) TOTTENHAM – Corluka 73 Defoe 90 – Van persie 43 Vemaealan 88 Walcott 114

Victory in the Cup final. We didn’t help ourselves but in the end got the job done. It was infact a very good game. Delighted with the win. I though Vermaealen had won it only for Defoe to score with the last kick of the game.

Premier League – SUNDERLAND 1-1 ARSENAL – Vermaelen o.g 6 – Van Persie 59

The players were all on their Holidays it seemed as we kicked off the last game of the season. Oh well. I hope that start getting wins when it counts.

Annoyingly Manchester City managed to win the Champions league.

2011/12 SEASON REVIEW

My debut season In charge of the team I support. Well It was a good season in may ways. Winning the Premier League and two cups. Unhappy about the Champions League defeat but will set that as a higher goal next season although obviously you are always dictated to by the draw. Very happy to win the league despite the terrible dip in form. The league cup was a good competition and again was happy to win it. It’s always nice to beat Spurs in a final so the FA win was good and was delighted with the results at Liverpool and Everton.

Overall I can’t really complain with the first season. Grounds to work with for next season. Getting rid of all the dead wood and with Lansbury and Bartley to return as well as my fm11 favourite Carlos Vela. Also will be trying harder to develop the youngsters I have.

The Final League Table

Arsenal P38 W27 D9 L2 GF79 GA 22 P90

Chelsea P38 W26 D6 L8 GF75 GA29 P82

Man United P38 W26 D4 L8 GF82 GA39 P82

Tottenham P38 W24 D7 L8 GF73 GA39 P76

Man City P38 W22 D6 L10 GF72 GA28 P72

Liverpool finshed Sixth. Everton Seventh. Swansea, Wigan and QPR were relegated.

Blackpool, Birmingham and Portsmouth will be joining the premier league next season.

Arsenal results timeline

WWWWWWWDDWWWWDDWLWWWWWWWWWLWWWWWWDDDDD

Amazing that we drew our last five games. Very happy with just the two defeats. Our home record was

P19 W16 D3 L0 GF42 GA7

Away

P19 W11 D6 L2 GF37 GA15

Best league Performances

1. MANCHESTER UNITED 1-4 ARSENAL -

2. ARSENAL 4-1 MANCHESTER UNITED -

3. NORWICH 0-5 ARSENAL -

Although there were many, to beat united once 4-1 was great to beat them twice was outstanding. Fantastic wins against Liverpool and City could also have been included, but the Norwich result on the opening day set the tone for the whole season.

Worst league performances

1. ARSENAL 1-1 TOTTENHAM

2. EVERTON 1-0 ARSENAL

3. BLACKBURN 1-1 ARSENAL

The most disappointing result was definitely Tottenham. A chance to win the league at home to your neighbours and you only draw. The Everton defeat was just annoying while I was angry at how poorly we were at the end of the season. Any one of those last six could’ve been picked.

Best cup performances

1. ARSENAL 4-0 LILLE (Champions league second round 1st leg)

2. VALENCIA 0-2 ARSENAL (Champions league group stage)

3. LIVERPOOL 2-3 ARSENAL (FA Cup 5th Round)

Some great performances and matches again. The top one though was the 4-0 defeat of Lille. Having stumbled to a draw in the first leg to play so well in the first half to go 4-0 up was incredible. Beating Valencia away from home and keeping a clean sheet was a great result. Liverpool was just a fantastic game.

Worst cup performances

1. ARSENAL 2-2 MANCHESTER UNITED (Champions league qf 1st leg)

2. MANCHESTER UITED 1-1 ARSENAL (Champions league qf 2nd leg)

3. ARSENAL 0-0 CYRSTAL PALACE (Fa Cup Fourth Round)

Pretty much the night we got knocked out. Going 0-2 down after 17 minutes was probably the biggest low point of the whole season. Taking the lead after 1 minute was perfect in the second leg until it was wiped out less than 10 minutes later. Palace I didn’t play a strong team but still a home goalless draw against a Championship club with Van Persie and Walcott starting was annoying and gave an unnecessary extra game.

Stars of the season

Koscielny, Park and Walcott were the three that shone out the brightest. I think Granero, Arshavin, Song and Mertersaker also deserve mentions. New boys Vrsaljko and Vertonghen were also impressive.

Bad eggs of the season

Van Persie for only scoring 11 league goals. Gervinho for only scoring 4 and both keepers for not being consistent enough. Everyone else played very well

Player ratings

All Competitions

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6418/fm12av1.jpg

(Sorry for small writing)

goal stats of the season

Overall/League/Cup/Europe

Walcott – 28-17-7-4

Van Persie - 23-11-5-7

Park – 17-15-0-2

Chamackh – 10-5-4-1

Arshavin – 9-6-1-2

Arteta – 6-3-0-3

Mertersaker – 5-4-0-1

Koscielny – 5-5-0-0

Granero – 5-2-2-1

Song – 4-2-2-0

Gervinho -4-2-1-1

Chamberlain – 3-2-0-1

Vermaelen – 2-0-1-1

Gibbs – 1-1-0-0

Vertonhen – 1-0-1-0

Top 3s and Awards

Goals

Torres (Chelsea) 27

Adebayor (Spurs) 26

Rooney (Man United) 24

Assists

Modric (Tottenham) 19

Berbatov (man United) 15

Van Persie (Arsenal) 12

M Petrov (Bolton) =

Average Rating

Torres (Chelsea) 7.75

Rooney (Man United) 7.67

Koscielny (Arsenal) 7.51

Footballer of the year

Torres (Chelsea)

Rooney ( Man United)

Modric (Tottenham)

Player’s Player of the year

Y Toure (Man City)

Van Persie (Arsenal)

Aguero (Man City)

Players Young player of the year

Carroll (Liverpool)

Bendtner (Sunderland/Arsenal

Walcott (Arsenal)

Manager of the year

KingLara (Arsenal)

Bruce (Sunderland)

Ferguson (Man United)

Team of the year

Hart (Man City)

A Cole (Chelsea)

Kompany (Man City)

Koscielny

Johnson (Liverpool)

Arshavin

Modric (Tottenham)

Y Toure (Man City)

Knightly (Wolves)

Torres (Chelsea)

Rooney (Man United)

Bench;

Gordon (Sunderland)

Alex (Chelsea)

Silva (Man City)

Van Persie

Adebayor (Tottenham/Man City)

N’Zogbia (Aston Villa)

Berbatov (Man United)

NEXT SEASON PREVIEW

I will sell most of the dead wood such as Diaby and Djourou. I will keep Chamackh and see how he does for half a season as he never really got a chance this campaign. As for signings Rene Adler is coming on a free and I will be going all out to try and find an Attacking left-sided midfielder as Arshavin will probably go. The dream is Mario Goetze but we shall see…..

Final bit of news is that I was selected to manage the Great Britian Olympic team. I'll let you know how it went when I do my pre-season update.

Mr Lara, just out of interest, what sort of tactical system are you using??

Very well done by the way

Starting my third season and need a new world class centre back. I've sold Vermaelen, he's been performing really badly for me and my assistant is always telling me he's failed to impress in training each month and a bunch of his stats have gone down a couple of points. Been wondering about Thiago Silva except he's getting close to 29 and would cost too much for only roughly 4 years from him, anyone have any ideas?

Starting my third season and need a new world class centre back. I've sold Vermaelen, he's been performing really badly for me and my assistant is always telling me he's failed to impress in training each month and a bunch of his stats have gone down a couple of points. Been wondering about Thiago Silva except he's getting close to 29 and would cost too much for only roughly 4 years from him, anyone have any ideas?

mamadou Sakho? might cost you a bit but I always signed him in FM11 to replace vermaelen as he can also cover left back in emergencies

mamadou Sakho? might cost you a bit but I always signed him in FM11 to replace vermaelen as he can also cover left back in emergencies

Should have mentioned already signed him, Sakho and Koscielny were my primary centre back pairing with Vermaelen and Djourou. Looking for a first teamer with Djourou as back up and Koscielny as rotation

Thought I would do a quick season update as it was my most successful!

Season 2017/2018

ELP

Finished first 14 points clear of Chelsea. 2 points after the first 3 games, one being a lose to City, and I was thinking of starting again but stuck with and am glad I did! Signed Gotze in the summer for £44, dont normally like spending this sort of money but I had just sold Neymar for £46 so actually made £2m! He has played really consistantally as an AMC AM. Player of the year for me was my regen striker, 30 goals in 31 games. Cavani is also now just 5 goals away from breaking Henrys record. Kind if sad about it actually.

CL

My second win in this competition came via a quite comforable win over Barca in the final. I went 1-0 down after about 10min to an O.G and thought I would get thumped but had a couple of changes and came back to win 2-1 with the winner coming in stoppage and possesion of 67%.

FA Cup

Went out third round to Chelsea, still not won this one. Thats all i'm saying here.

Carling Cup

Retained this using my second team quite comfortablly beating Utd in the final.

My aims for the summer are to bring in a young CB as Verm and Kos are now aging and some good 15/16 yr olds. No magor signings planned as I like developing the youth if I can

I wanna start an Arsenal game sometime in the future, but I have a little question;

Since Jack Wilshere is out for eight months at the beginning of the season, do his attributes rapidly decline? (physicals, I mean) or is there a way I can avoid it being as drastic as I've seen (like with Essien).

I wanna start an Arsenal game sometime in the future, but I have a little question;

Since Jack Wilshere is out for eight months at the beginning of the season, do his attributes rapidly decline? (physicals, I mean) or is there a way I can avoid it being as drastic as I've seen (like with Essien).

The physical attributes do decline but you can still get back to his level. Put Quickness for individual focus. You can also make individual training for him with high strength/stamina bar.

Mid-Season (3rd Season) Review

Community Shield # Manchester United 0-2 Arsenal (E Cavanix2)

Comfortable victory against my bogey team.

European Super Cup # PSG 1-3 Arsenal (Theo Walcottx2, Vermaelen)

PSG gave us run for this cup despite the comfortable scoreline. Just before the break, Theo cancelled PSG's early lead. The second half was all us with Theo adding his second and Vermaelen making the last few minutes comfortable ones for us.

World Club Championship SEMI FINAL # America 1-6 Arsenal (Walcottx2, Hamsikx3, Koscielny)

Fantastic second half, we were drawing but deservedly scored 5 in the second half. The pep talk really worked. America (Mex) did play well though.

World Club Championship FINAL # Internacional 0-2 Arsenal (Cavani, Hamsik)

Our opposition played very good with their neat one-touches but no way stopping the man, Cavani. We took advantage of our chances but after scoring twice we just dropped a bit so didn't add much. Fatigue was an issue.

Carling Cup # Wolves 3-1 Arsenal (Vermaelen)

Another bogey team. If I am not mistaking, this is the third time Wolves have knocked me out of the CC. My second string didn't really want to score on the night. Miss after miss only for Vermaelen to score from corner. But Wolves found 2 goals towards the end to knock us out. grrr

Premier League

84Toi.jpg

As you can see, we are leading the table by a point. Up until December the only match we dropped points was against B Rovers at home in the opening day. We put magnificent run of 11 wins straight until we met Chelsea at SB which we drew 1-1. Later in the same month, we faced United after winning the World Club Championship but unfortunately lost 1-0. That meant first loss in 42 EPL matches. Gutted as I was at least aiming for 50 to break that record. It was also the first time we have failed to score in 43 EPL matches. Right after this match we lost to Everton at home and drew 1-1 at the same venue against Sp*rs. Chelsea depite their 75m spending in the summer have come up short in terms of title challenge. City were in it but got into bad run of form. I am expecting them to pick it up later in the season.

FA CUP # is still ongoing. Facing Liverpool away in fourth round.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE # Stormed through the group stage with 15 points. Going to face Lyon in the first knock out round.

Transfers

w5p6l.jpg

A lot of ins and outs. I hate to pay anything above 30m for a player but I badly needed another AMC. I couldn't find even young decent AMC who would develop to first team. Looked at Ganso but he's with City who refused my 30m over. Pastore deserves that amount or may be 30m but anyways he's doing so well assisting goals and as well scoring every now and then. In 28 starts, he has scored 4 and assisted 18.

I didn't really want to let go Koscielny but 18.5m offer by Barca was tempting so I asked for 24m which then they agreed to pay. 24m for 28 years old defender is very difficult to turn down. Prestia partners Vermaelen but the kid has really poor mental attributes so I put him as Limited Defender. I play Song there too but for him as Ball-Playing Defender. I also bought Tevez. 2m is steal for a player of that caliber. The only down bit is 155k wage he will be on. Back up for Cavani and tutor youngsters. Vitinho (my young striker who was back for cavani before signing Tevez) is simply not yet ready. He misses a lot of chances so I can imagine how frustrated I would be if Cavani gets even 2 weeks injury.

Di Amaria got bad injury so had his physical attributes decline. Plus with Hamsik now playing there, he was second fiddle. Better use my youngster as back than him. Sold him.

06HeA.jpg

Hamsik is doing much much better. He single handily wins me matches much like Cavani. 28 starts, Hamsik has scored 21 and assisted 11. Cavani, 27 starts, 29 goals, 11 assists. Walcott, 31 starts, 17 goals, 9 assists

PS: I will hopefully post mini-profile screens of most of my players later today.

PSS: I almost forgot! Marc-Andre ter Stegen is going to join the team for free in the summer! Now Szczesny will have proper challenge for position.

2018/19 wrap up

League: Won the league with 88 points, 2nd placed Man City with 75, so a comfortable win.

Carlin and FA Cup: Won the league cup against Liverpool, but got eliminated from the fa cup in the 5th round by Villa.

Champions league: Knocked out in the group stages :(

Europa League: Lost the final to... Barcelona!!! Went 1-0 up after 2 minutes, conceded twice In the last 4 minutes to lose 2-1 :O

Overall a mixed season, 2 trophies, but europe extremely disappointing.

Transfers: Koscielny, Vermaelen and Tevez are past It now, need them replaced and let them leave or see out contracts. Hazard might leave this window, and no doubt City and Real will be bidding for my talented midfielders

The physical attributes do decline but you can still get back to his level. Put Quickness for individual focus. You can also make individual training for him with high strength/stamina bar.

Ah alright! That's quite reassuring. Thank you. :)

I'll get started on a game now, I think.

intersting, is that i am looking now to sign chellini, allmost for 20mil, but Koscielny is playing good.. and i am thinking, the offer is great(20mil stats like hes). I can sell djordu for 11.5mil(Malaga gave me a offer).. Looks like i can replace him.. And i am thinking about playing chellini as LB and Vermales, Koscielny amd sanga.. Back 4 should be great..

Mr Lara, just out of interest, what sort of tactical system are you using??

Very well done by the way

I play 4-4-2 with two advanced attacking wingers. I play one of the centre mids in advanced playmaker and the other as just defending. With the strikers I play Van Persie as deep lying forward when he is alongside either Park or Walcott. Otherwise he's advanced. Chamackh is target man and Walcott and Park are poachers. I've tried Van Persie in the recommended trequista role and it just doesn't seem to work.

my overall team tactics obviously are always adapted to the opposition but other than the big teams and certain cup games, I usually play fluid control

The Chosen One:

I love the look of your team. How's Ramsey playing? I could never get the most out of him!

PS: What skin are you using?

Thanks.

He doesn't score a lot but gets the odd assist here and there. He plays as DPL with support so I don't expect him to score but assisting more than he's doing at the moment. But primarily I look for him to keep possession while offering defensive stability at the back. In that regard he's doing magnificent. He has the best pass-completion in the league. Joined top with my Busquets. In a formation and tactic that doesn't mainly concentrate on possession but deadly attack he holds pretty well in that middle.

The skin is called Champions League. I am using the left-handed version HERE but if you want right-handed then go HERE

Archived