FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

I absolutely cannot get on with FM12. Second save with Arsenal and same story again, decent start but not really good enough. Was up in the top 4 but every away game was a shootout, we cannot keep the ball or and never look very solid at the back. It's genuinely doing my head in.

I have been following this thread and it seems to me two truths are evident: 1) You seem to need 2 or 3 tactics to choose from. I have seen in previous FM's, some people had a range of tactics but I never thought that was necessary but with the change to the tactics screen encouraging you to have more than one tactic ready to go, it seems like the AI insists on it this time around otherwise they will figure you out by Christmas (as has happened to me twice now). 2) Possession is king. But, despite my best efforts, my tactics of 10 and 11 do not keep the ball.

I hate to say this...but I think I am starting again. I never really got into this save (not just on results but also my signings)...

Quick question - has anyone had any success with a formation using two strikers?? Would love a 4-2-2-2 or similar to work and have RvP dropping off a really great striker...

I have found success with only 1 striker, however I usually sub off the AMC and plod him upfront with the other striker If I struggle to score, I also don't use more then one tactic, as I feel 4-5-1 has a good balance to it.

And fwiw In FM11 I kept restarting with Arsenal and It only made the game worse, whereas when I was maybe 2-3 seasons In and said i was going to restart with Henry, Pires etc. at the club I decided against It and continued, and It has been my only save and I'm loving It so far

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone want me to do a end of season update? It seems the thread is going a bit quiet so I might not do it, but if epople want it I can do it no worries. :)

It is quite quiet so yeah post your update, good reading how people are doing

Busy weekend for me, not played much, and don't have time to do a proper update here either.

My unbeaten record (29 games in all competitions) came to an end against Everton on a snowy evening right at the end of very busy December. I don't think the game should even have been played, but we did ourselves no favours. Anelka scored 2 for them in the first half, and we could only pull one back in the second, as I struggled to adapt to the conditions.

With that, and two draws in December we're now second behind United, but with a game in hand that could still take us top on goal difference.

Just after January in my first season and looking at ways to imrpove my squad in the summer, money shouldn't really be a problem I have at the moment about £60 million, sold a few and not really bought anyone significant.

Van Persie has been the opposite of what he is in real life so I'm looking for a replacement and going to stick him on the bench. I want a complete forward type player, good finisher, decent in the air and good with the ball at his feet (dribbling and passing). I'm thinking Edinson Cavani who's stats look quite incredible actually but just wondering are there any other players I might be over looking for this position?

Also looking for a good left winger to replace Arsahvin since his contract is coming to an end and he's unimpressive form and his age means I won't be offering him a new one. So will be looking for a new left winger to be played as an inside forward or maybe an advanced playmaker. Might splash the cash and get Mario Gotze but Dortmund won't let him go cheap and his wage is quite a lot for a 21 year old. But anyone with good dribbling, crossing, passing, creativity, first touch and decent finishing, any suggestions?

Use Gervinho on the Left and Walcott on the right, works perfectly for my team. :thup:

As for the striker, maybe Leandro Daminao(sp? Just put in Leandro in the search & look for him :p) When I bought him on a different save he scored tonnes of goals.

January Update

January saw considerable transfer activity and some success on the pitch.

In

Adam Johnson, £4.8m

Toni Kroos, £30.5m

Edinson Cavani, £25.5m

Out

André Santos, Malaga, £10m

Tomas Rosicky, free

Marouane Chamakh, Man City, £15m

Benik Afobe, Brentford, loan

Chuks Aneke, Exeter, loan

Yossi Benayoun*, Chelsea

Adam Johnson was brought in after being transfer-listed at City, to provide competition for Gervinho and Walcott. Toni Kroos was a particularly kind gift from the chairman who looked kindly upon my request and got it done. Cavani was brought in after Chamakh left to replace him - and exceed him, a job he has excelled in so far.

Santos left after playing a sum total of about 5 games, Rosicky was released after I failed to find a buyer and City came in unexpectedly for Chamakh and met my price.

*Benayoun was sent back to Chelsea as his services were no longer required.

(A) (PL) 1-0 Swansea - A game we dominated but only managed to score once in. 20 shots, 60% possession but a Chris Samba header sealed it.

(H) (FA) 2-1 Newcastle - Another game we dominated, Christopher Samba and new signing Toni Kroos getting the goals this time. Lovenkrands consolation goal was the only mark against an otherwise stellar performance.

(H) (PL) 5-1 Bolton - Beautiful. Three goals in the first 15 minutes settled this with Park, Vermaelen Arteta and a Cavani brace to thank for it.

(A) (PL) 2-2 Everton - A scrappy and frustrating visit to Goodison saw us take the lead in the second minute only to concede an own-goal and a penalty. RvP left it late but saved our blushes with a 77th minute equaliser. To make matters worse Kieran Gibbs - my outstanding temporary left-winger - received a hip injury which has put him out for 6 weeks!

(H) (FA) 3-0 Aston Villa - Our cup run continued against Villa where an outstanding performance from Edinson Cavani saw us win comfortably. RvP scored the first, Alan Hutton the second (with much help from Cavani mind) and Edinson grabbed the third just before HT.

(H) (PL) 4-1 Man Utd - Our most important game of January and probably our best performance of the year. We were utterly feckless in the first half, soft in the tackle and poor in possession. Giggs poked United in front after 15 minutes. After an inspirational team-talk (the Verminator's words not mine) we raced out of the blocks and put 4 past them in 30 minutes. RvP scoring the first before Vermaelen put in a captain's performance with a magnificent brace. Christopher Samba rubbed salt into their wounds scoring the fourth. Bellissimo.

Van Persie has been the opposite of what he is in real life so I'm looking for a replacement and going to stick him on the bench. I want a complete forward type player, good finisher, decent in the air and good with the ball at his feet (dribbling and passing). I'm thinking Edinson Cavani who's stats look quite incredible actually but just wondering are there any other players I might be over looking for this position?

I'd encourage you to splash to cash on Cavani, I had a similar problem and so far he's scored 7 in 7 with an average rating on 7.79. To say that he was worth the money (£25m overall) would be an understatement.

Cavani should solve your forward problems. Just finished first season and he has scored 46 in 53. I play him as advanced forward. I was also looking for LW but Real Madrid solved my problems by transfer listing Angel Di Mario so grabbed him for 14.75m. Looks to have the attributes of what you looking for but not sure if he would deliver since he hasn't played for me yet.

Just approaching January of my first season. Things have been going well. Would do a proper update but have Chemistry coursework to do so a very short one will have to do.

Competitions

Premier League

As the link shows the Premiership is going well. We have been played well on the whole, but at times have lacked the ability to see out games or some creativity. I would like to see a bit more continuity with our performances, but a good win and a poor win still gives 3 points so I'm happy.

League Cup

This was rather disappointing. We struggled to get past Swansea and Fulham to reach Man City in the quarter final. This was our best performance but poor finishing cost us the tie on penalties.

FA Cup

This is only just beginning. We comfortably beat Wigan, and then drew Man City in the 4th round. Despite dominating the game, 2 lapses of concentration and some poor finishing means that we drew and have a replay in early February.

Great!! My bad luck of the draw continues, drawing Reading or Man Utd in the next round if we beat Man City.

Champion's League

We cruised through to the group stage beating Dynamo Kyiv 10-4 on aggregate over the 2 legs.

After drawing Marseille, Rangers and Malmo, I was optimistic about our chances of qualifying since only Marseille posed a real threat. I was right with my predictions and won all the group matches.

It was just my luck that we managed to draw Barcelona in the 1st knockout round. I'm not doing well with cup draws this year!!#Atleast they aren't on best form at the moment so hopefully when I play them in a month's time we can overcome the challenge.

Player Performances

My experimental tactic has worked rather well, but it favours the left striker rather heavily with goal scoring and the right striker with goal production. This has allowed Walcott to thrive with 30 goals by the end of January. I think he should be able to get to 50 in all competitions and between 30 and 40 in the league.

Walcott's prolificy has been impressive but my best player so far has to be van Persie. Whenever he is playing he provides the team with so much more creativity and really allows Walcott to flourish. With 17 goals and 21 assists in 26(3) appearances he has been nothing short of amazing.

Those who have been disappointing are my left wing backs. I believe it is a mixture of the tactic and a lack of ability. Hence the loaning out of Andre Santos and the buying of Cristian Ansaldi. His good start for the club gives me confidence that the team will thrive thanks to the transfer.

Winter Transfers

With Vermaelen being injured for the rest of the season and Mertesacker not great against quick strikers, I felt obliged to get another defender. I ended up with 2 and selling Squillaci.

The first was Marc Bartra as a direct replacement for Squillaci. The second was a replacement for Vermaelen and good value at £12.5

nicolsotamendioverviewa.png

Abou Diaby was also sold due to being on too high wages and not really featuring in my team's plans. I struck a good deal in my opinion of £6.75

April & May Update

Premier League

07.04.12 ~ Liverpool 3-0 Arsenal(Kuzmanovic 2' Kuyt 45+2', Suárez 66')

What a terrible match, my team jusy didn't get started. If it wasn't for Szczesny we would of lost by alot more.

Man of the Match - Zdravko Kazmanovic 8.2

09.04.12 ~ Arsenal 6-1 Wolves(de Vries OG 16', Djourou 23', Chu-Young 45+1', Chamakh 53', 63', 82' - Craddock 70')

Exactly what I needed after the Liverpool game, fantastic performace all round.

Man of the Match - Marouane Chamakh 9.6

21.04.12 ~ Manchester United 1-2 Arsenal(Hernández 54' - Chamakh 17', Wilshere 88')

Superb! A win at Old Trafford is always a magnificent result. This was a pretty even game, but again Szczesny put in an amazing game.

Man of the Match - Jack WIlshere 8.7

26.04.12 ~ Fulham 2-5 Arsenal(Ruíz 20', Zamora 83' - Verbauwhede OG 14', Djourou 34', van Persie 39', Miyaichi 45+1', Hangeland OG 62')

Another dominant performance, the first of our goals shouldn't of been an own goal. Kosielny had his header on target but it hit the keeper before it went in, silly ME! :p

Man of the Match - Robin van Persie 9.2

28.04.12 ~ Arsenal 3-1 Chelsea(Gervinho 39', 44', Wilshere 60' - Torres 53')

A pretty even game, but a great first half performance by Gervinho put the game beyond Chelsea.

Man of the Match - Gervinho 9.1

02.05.12 ~ Tottenham 2-2 Arsenal(Kranjcar 72', Defoe 90' - Mertesacker 11', Chamakh 20')

A good first half, then a shockingly bad second half.

Man of the Match - Jack Wilshere 9.0

09.05.12 ~ Arsenal 3-1 Aston Villa(Chamakh 7' Warnock OG 17', Beye OG 90' - Ireland 50')

A win courtesy of 2 own goals, not complaining as we did rip them to pieces over and over.

Man of the Match - Gervinho 7.7

13.05.12 ~ Arsenal 1-0 Sunderland(van Persie 49')

An easy game but we didn't hit the target enough.

Laurent Koscielny 7.7

Final standings are:

englishpremierdivisiono.png

Premier League Awards

Footballer of the Year: Wayne Rooney(Man Utd), Sergio Aguero (Man City), Theo Walcott

Manager of the Season: Me, Sir Alex Ferguson(Man Utd), Andrá Villas-Boas(Chelsea)

Players' Player of the Year: Robin van Persie, Gervinho, Fernando Torres(Chelsea)

Players' Young Player of the Year: Jack Wilshere, Javier Hernández(Man Utd), Gareth Bale(Tottenham)

FA Cup

Semi Final

14.04.12 ~ Arsenal 3-2 Tottenham(Walcott 30', Chamakh 72', van Persie 88' - van der Vaart 21', Huddlestone 76')

A game that went back and forward the whole time. Substitute van Persie securing the win at the death.

Man of the Match - Luka Modric 8.4

Final

05.05.12 ~ Arsenal 2-0 West Ham(Vermaelen 44', van Persie 59')

Walter Smith leading mid tabled Championship side to the FA Cup Final, what ashame they come up against an in-form Arsenal side. Captain and vice securing Arsenals first domestic Treble.

Man of the Match - Thomas Vermaelen 8.5

Champions League

Semi Final First Leg

18.04.12 ~ Inter Milan 1-1 Arsenal(Pazzini 9' - Vermaelen 4')

Inter Milan controlled this game from the off but a goal from a corner got us a vital away goal.

Man of the Match - Jack Wilshere 7.6

Semi Final Second Leg

18.04.12 ~ Arsenal 1-2 Inter Milan(Wilshere 46', - Samuel 12', Szczesny OG 95')

A pretty equal game that either team could of easily won, poor finishing on bth sides. An extra time own goal by Szczesny giving the win to Inter.

Man of the Match - Maicon 8.5

So, I won the league, Carlin Cup and the FA Cup. Pretty happy with a domestic treble. Will be looking to win the Champions League next season.

Just approaching January of my first season. Things have been going well. Would do a proper update but have Chemistry coursework to do so a very short one will have to do.

Competitions

Premier League

As the link shows the Premiership is going well. We have been played well on the whole, but at times have lacked the ability to see out games or some creativity. I would like to see a bit more continuity with our performances, but a good win and a poor win still gives 3 points so I'm happy.

League Cup

This was rather disappointing. We struggled to get past Swansea and Fulham to reach Man City in the quarter final. This was our best performance but poor finishing cost us the tie on penalties.

FA Cup

This is only just beginning. We comfortably beat Wigan, and then drew Man City in the 4th round. Despite dominating the game, 2 lapses of concentration and some poor finishing means that we drew and have a replay in early February.

Great!! My bad luck of the draw continues, drawing Reading or Man Utd in the next round if we beat Man City.

Champion's League

We cruised through to the group stage beating Dynamo Kyiv 10-4 on aggregate over the 2 legs.

After drawing Marseille, Rangers and Malmo, I was optimistic about our chances of qualifying since only Marseille posed a real threat. I was right with my predictions and won all the group matches.

It was just my luck that we managed to draw Barcelona in the 1st knockout round. I'm not doing well with cup draws this year!!#Atleast they aren't on best form at the moment so hopefully when I play them in a month's time we can overcome the challenge.

Player Performances

My experimental tactic has worked rather well, but it favours the left striker rather heavily with goal scoring and the right striker with goal production. This has allowed Walcott to thrive with 30 goals by the end of January. I think he should be able to get to 50 in all competitions and between 30 and 40 in the league.

Walcott's prolificy has been impressive but my best player so far has to be van Persie. Whenever he is playing he provides the team with so much more creativity and really allows Walcott to flourish. With 17 goals and 21 assists in 26(3) appearances he has been nothing short of amazing.

Those who have been disappointing are my left wing backs. I believe it is a mixture of the tactic and a lack of ability. Hence the loaning out of Andre Santos and the buying of Cristian Ansaldi. His good start for the club gives me confidence that the team will thrive thanks to the transfer.

Winter Transfers

With Vermaelen being injured for the rest of the season and Mertesacker not great against quick strikers, I felt obliged to get another defender. I ended up with 2 and selling Squillaci.

The first was Marc Bartra as a direct replacement for Squillaci. The second was a replacement for Vermaelen and good value at £12.5

nicolsotamendioverviewa.png

Abou Diaby was also sold due to being on too high wages and not really featuring in my team's plans. I struck a good deal in my opinion of £6.75

Hi Luca,

Really love the look of your tactic - it is very much what I have been trying to create myself. I always find these slightly unusual set ups work best. I don't know if the AI struggles to crack them but they seem to work well. On previous FM's I used a 4-DM-MCl-AMR-AMLC-AML-ST formation but I havent quite managed to make the same work this time around. And purely from a 'gamer' point of view I have been keen to get a formation set up with 2 strikers (I really like the look of Damiao).

I am going to shamelessly copy you and see if I can get something similar to work.

KUTGW!

February/March 2012 Update

Taking inspiration from Malikoi and JEinchy, I've decided to separate this one out into the various competitions, mostly because it's two months long so needs a tad more organisation.

Premier League:

Arsenal 2-0 QPR (Walcott (2))

Pretty comfortable victory, a solid QPR defence sliced open by two through-balls into Theo, who finished them nicely. Never really in doubt.

Blackburn 2-5 Arsenal (Givet o.g., Gervinho (2), Diaby, Walcott)

Much more like it, a really great performance, particularly from the front three. Although not on the scoresheet himself, RVP picked up 3 assists, and Givet's OG was essentially a goal for Robin. Defensive concentration lapsed towards the end, but ultimately a very encouraging result. Spurs and City both dropped point so I went top again.

Arsenal 2-0 Wolves (Gervinho, Diaby)

Another home performance where, perhaps, the "handbrake was on". Still a comfortable win, though. And Diaby impressive once more.

Newcastle 0-0 Arsenal

Not a lot to say here, really. Every attacking option had a poor game, but the defence was impressive.

Arsenal 2-0 Fulham (Schwarzer o.g., Reus)

Another home game, another 2-0 victory! RVP is really getting unlucky with these own goal decisions going against him, but his performances are improving encouragingly.

Everton 0-1 Arsenal (Gervinho)

A very tight game, settled by a very good strike from the Ivorian. Everton may have dropped off the pace in the league a bit, but they're still a tough nut to crack, especially away from home. Very happy with that.

Arsenal 3-0 Stoke (Van Persie (2), Podolski)

Delighted to finally get Robin scoring! I spent a fair bit of time tweaking my tactics significantly before this match - and the European/Cup matches preceding it - and it is really starting to pay dividends. Great performance, and my 5th consecutive league clean sheet.

Arsenal 3-3 Manchester United (Van Persie (2), Kagawa)

Well, this seemed like the perfect match. 3-0 up at half time, all my players on form, and RVP doing brilliantly. Sadly, and I'm still not sure how, United clawed three back, with Rooney getting the equaliser in the 90th minute. I then got a penalty in the 3rd minute of added time, but to my shock RVP missed his chance for a hat-trick. Really disappointing considering the circumstances, but I have a fair lead in the league at the moment, so I'm not too concerned.

Swansea 3-6 Arsenal (Gaitán, Walcott, Van Persie, Vermaelen (2), Benayoun)

Great display of attacking football, although a shame about the defence. Comes in between the Champions League quarter-finals so the team was somewhat rested, although the first teamers that played seemed to be the ones to take their chances. The less said about the defence the better...

Table1-2.png

Well, I'm sitting pretty at the top of the table, with March bringing about my first Manager of the Month award. I've been a bit fortunate that the other top sides keep dropping points, meaning Spurs look to be the main challengers now, but I'm fairly confident that with a newly on-fire RVP I can see this season out. Plus, it's Spurs. They're not gonna win the league.

FA Cup

5th Round - Blackpool 0-1 Arsenal (Walcott)

Should have been more than one, but I'll take it. Theo really hitting a bit of a purple patch.

6th Round - Arsenal 4-0 Peterborough (Wilshere, Gaitán, Diaby, Van Persie)

This should have been another North London Derby, but Spurs lost a replay to Peterborough, so it was much more comfortable. RVP ended a goal drought, Gaitán got his first for the club, and Wilshere his first since his injury. Great match. It'll be Wigan in the semi-final.

Champions League

First Knockout Round Leg 1 - Ajax 1-0 Arsenal

Extremely frustrating match, but it was a deserved win for Ajax. This was the game that made me really take action and look at my team's tactics, particuarly RVP's role, to try and tweak a couple of things and get playing the free-flowing football I wanted.

First Knockout Round Leg 2 - Arsenal 2-0 Ajax (Van Persie, Vermaelen)

The two real leaders stepped up, and I was extremely grateful for it. Very nervy last half hour, knowing an away goal would send me out, but overall I was pleased.

Quarter-Final Leg 1 - AC Milan 2-4 Arsenal (Walcott (2), Taiwo o.g., Gaitán)

Can't believe this result! I was reasonably happy at drawing Milan considering some of the other teams in the hat, but they absolutely terrorised me. The game was all Milan, but we were absolutely deadly on the counter-attack and came away with a truly momentous result, which should see me into the next round as long as I can see it through at home. Very happy with this.

Hey,

Loving this thread, as I don't have the time to do a month by month update, I think I'll an update after xmas, and then an end of season update. Nearly finished my first season (mid march currently) I've won the CC, still in the CL, both Manchester clubs, R Madrid & I think Chelsea are out, and I'm top of the prem (maybe 5-6 points clear)...left it after the FA cup 6th round, beat Man Utd 4-2 but lost both RVP and Arshavin for the rest of the season due to torn calf muscles :( I'll put a bigger update when I get home.

- Gary

How much was Llorente?

£31.5 million they wouldn't sell for less than his release clause. He scored over a goal a game for me at Malaga, pretty sure he will be my only big signing at least for a couple of seasons anyway.

I've always fancied getting him, but I've never been able to get TM type players to play well. I'd much rather use a Trequista or a Poacher as I find them much easier to play. :o

I could never get him firing on FM09 and FM10. On FM11 I managed to get him scoring a goal a game at Bilbao and now on FM12 he could not stop scoring for my Malaga side, just hope he can play as well in the EPL.

My only concern is I don't think I have got someone to score loads of goals in the EPL without a minimum 14 for pace and acceleration. With the quality Arsenal have there should be plenty of crosses and decent through balls couple of questions though. Is Frimpong worth training up his attributes look pretty good at the start? Is Chamberlain any good? I signed him with Sunderland in the 5th season and he played very well but his attributes were not good, seemed like he hadn't been trained properly. Is RVP injury prone?

I didn't hand Frimpong another contract, instead I kept Coquelin. He seems a better choice IMO! I've only just got into my second season but Chamerlain was coming along fine before he got a 2 month injury, his Acc & Pace dropped by 2 points each.. Aswell as agility dropping a point. I will keep giving him chances though as I am a great admirer of his. Yea, van Persie is pretty injury prone, it seems half the squad is aswell to be honest.. :thdn:

As I said I cant get TM's working, Chamakh goes and scores 2 against United with 1 assist!

I didn't hand Frimpong another contract, instead I kept Coquelin. He seems a better choice IMO! I've only just got into my second season but Chamerlain was coming along fine before he got a 2 month injury, his Acc & Pace dropped by 2 points each.. Aswell as agility dropping a point. I will keep giving him chances though as I am a great admirer of his. Yea, van Persie is pretty injury prone, it seems half the squad is aswell to be honest.. :thdn:

As I said I cant get TM's working, Chamakh goes and scores 2 against United with 1 assist!

Like it lol. I like to play two up front if RVP gets injured I might stick Chamakh and Llorente together.

Try Walcott upfront with Llorente, im sure with Llorentes strength and heading ability Walcott would score a bucket load of goals for you. In my first season I played him upfront on his own in a 4-2-3-1 formation and he scored a couple of braces and a hat-trick.

i am in my i think 4th season. all the old guard have been chipped out.

my line up is

Ter stagen

Vrsalijko Verm Koscielny cissokho

song ganso

wilshire gotze

fierro edwards(18yr old english wonderkid regen)

i have chambo, hazard, ramsey and a few others such as walcott in rotation

3 straight league titles, had to sell RVP as hes past his best and only his 6 in 36 :( got 21.5m from psg at a age of 31 for him! not bad!

definitely reccomend gotze (if you can) ganso, and fierro. fierro has been a machine since he joined and if you get him at 18 you can shape him into a very good player :D

Season 2 Pre-Season update

Transfers

In

José Ángel ~ Roma - £15,000,000 - £43,500 a week.

Carlos Fierro ~ Chivas - £1,200,000 - £5,250 a week.

Mustafa Aydogan ~ Karlsruhe - £1,100,000

Mike Biggs ~ Manchester City - £3,000,000

Jerome Pottier ~ Stade Malherbe Caen - £1,200,000

David Wilson ~ Leeds - £1,400,000

Brice Barbier ~ Olympique Lyonnais - £6,000,000 (Could of signed this guy for £1-2 million compo but missed out! :()

Ricardo Lopes ~ Braga - £1,100,000

Total - £30,000,000

Out

Per Mertesacker ~ Sevilla - £11,250,000

André Santos ~ Inter Milan - £10,000,000

Nicklas Bendtner ~ Panathinaikos - £6,000,000

Wellington Silva ~ FC Bayern - £5,000,000

Denílson ~ Manchester City - £5,000,000

Henri Lansbury ~ Aston Villa - £2,500,000

Joel Campbell ~ Parma - £2,500,000

Sébastien Squillaci ~ Panathinaikos - £1,100,000

Carlos Vela ~ Napoli - Loan Fee £750,000 (£4,000,000 future fee)

Total - £44,000,000

Im rather happy at who went, and at who has come in.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Arsenal 6-1 Almeriá(Vermaelen 10', Miyaichi 13' 28', Koscielny 39' 78', van Persie 83' - Acasiete 59')

Man of the Match - Robin van Persie 9.6

Arsenal 2-2 Osasuna(Fierro 30', Gervinho 57' - Damiá 6', Cejudo 56')

Man of the Match - Álvaro Cejudo 8.1

Estudiantes (LP) 0-0 Arsenal

Man of the Match - Justo Villar 7.8

Arsenal 5-2 At. Madrid(van Persie 6' 40', Koscielny 26', Coquelin 54', Fierro 63' - Falcao 18' 71')

Man of the Match - Robin van Persie 9.7

Lazio 0-2 Arsenal(Chu-Young 6', Arteta 39')

Man of the Match - Koscielny 8.7

Community Shield

Arsenal 3-1 Manchester United(Chamakh 25' 51', Chu-Young 89' - Biram Diouf 38')

Man of the Match - Park Chu-Young 9.0

My aims this season are to win the Champions League after our exit at the Semi-Finals left a bitter taste in my mouth! Will be looking to blood through some youngsters in the Carlin Cup this season, so that isn't a priority. Probably the same with the FA Cup as well, but I would like to win that aswell!

There are some great ideas here and every time I read one I think "I oughta try that!"

But in reality I could not be more pleased with how things are going for my Arsenal squad. I was reluctant to get FM12 because of how much I still play Fm10 and the joy of this game is developing your team over the years. Starting over seems like such a mountain to climb, especially considering how much work MUST be done before you even play a friendly!

Anyway I got in and canceled all the friendlies that were scheduled and substituted games against very small teams, because nothing is better for morale than a 12-0 victory. Team is all on superb after 2 matches like this. Play a couple more to get everyone to full fitness and then one big game (against Man City) to test out the skills (we won 2-0) and then one last game (mostly for Mertesacker just coming back from injury) against the very small team for a preseason run out.

The only player I bought was Tevez (dont like him in real life but hes a beast in this game) and the only big player out was Rosicky. Fired and hired a bunch of coaches, and now have two 5 star coaches, one 4 star coach and the rest 4.5 in every category. Also most of the Physios are worthless fired them all except one and hired two 20 rated guys.

I play a 4-1-1-2-2

Sczezny GK and Santos, Vermaelen, Mertersacker and Sagna are my usual back 4.

Song as DM

Arteta as MC

Ahsavin AML

Gervinho AMR

RVP ST Target Man

Tevez ST Poacher

Season so far:

Blackburn Home 5-0 Win

Dynamo Kyiv Away 3-0 Win (Champions League play in)

QPR Home 5-0 Win

Dynamo Kyiv Home 1-0 Win (4-0 Agg)

Wigan Home 3-0 Win

Newcastle Away 1-0 Win

Basel Away 3-0 (Champs League Group)

Man U Home 2-0 Win!!!

Man U Home 5-1 Win!!! (League Cup 3rd round)

Wolves Away ???

Napoli Home ??? (Champs League Group)

I felt I had to start this post because of the Man U results! This was done with no cheating! Im so freaking proud! Cant believe how well the team is playing together, I think Ive found a great formation and tactics, hope this run of form continues! Wish the real Arsenal was playing this well!!

Walcott broke his leg within first couple of weeks of the season and it out for 5 months.

Oh right, that sucks! Chu-Young is pretty decent in the poacher role, but not great. I play him more as a AML/AMC. He's been pretty great in those positions, over 21(12) games last season he scored 15, assisted 7 and got an average rating of 7.39! :)

Continuing from this post: MID-SEASON (First Season)

FULL FIRST SEASON REVIEW

LEAGUE

After rather poor start to the league as you can see above, we got into good form second half of the season. We finally started to win away from home (had like 1 away win in first half of the season) but the 16 points behind Man United and Chelsea was too much to catch. In the end, I had to play for the 3rd spot as United and Chelsea never in my wildest dreams looked like dropping points. They won pretty much every where most of the time. As you can see with 95 and 96 points for Man United and Chelsea respectively. Funny thing, United needed at least a draw in the last match at home against Liverpool. The Kops thumped them 4-1 while Chelsea won their fixture. I LOLed.

I1Zcf.jpg

Domestic Cups

As you can see in the quoted post, Carling cup I lost to Wolves on penalties. As for FA Cup, I got drawn against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in which they edged by 1-0. Very close encounter and we should have won had we taken our chances. Their goal came from a corner.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

In the first knockout round, I comfortably beat Ajax but had the luck of Ballack by drawing against Barcelona in the quarter finals. The league title hopes were pretty much gone by then so had the luxury to rest some players. This in no way should belittle the team's 1-0 win at Camp Nou. We defended fantastically and took one of the chances we created which weren't as much as Barca's. In the return leg, I don't know. I was quite confident being at home but an early goal from Barca pretty much made them favorites to go through and so they did. 3-2 they won at the Emis. What a bloody shame. 3-3 on AGG but Barca through by the away goals rule.

Snipbit for Nex Season

451 (above) wasn't working as it rellied too much on the lone forward scoring the goals. So, I altered and pushed the attacking CM as AMCR. Just played bit the formation but the tactic mostly is the same.

HYWGD.jpg

I am actually loving it. In attack, it becomes 424 and in defense either 433 (AMCR dropping to middle as he has support role) or 451 (both AMCR and wingers dropping to middle). I am unbeaten in the league and only a point behind but it's only 31st of October so long way to go.

You are right, malikoi. Kosy is first to the team sheet along with RVP and Cavani. He's too class in defense. Rarely has rating below 7 after the match. Scores very good number of goals (for a defender) in set pieces too. Beast. Hoping to seel Merti in January as he's not that good somehow. Hoping as well to sign Otamendi as replacement.

Just checked and they must have signed him with new contract. He doesn't have it and has indispensable squad statue. Valued 6m. The board just added 10m so now have 28m.... hmmm. Merti hopefully will be sold for good value (how difficult it's to sell in FM12 by the way!). Will offer them 15m take it or leave it.

cheers.

I sacked Bartely, mailkoi! :0 The fans weren't at all too happy about that decision. He didn't look to have first team future plus no body wanted to buy him.

Archived