FM 2012: Manchester United team guide - CHAMP19NS and the most decorated club in England!

Fabio MVP

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1024x640.resizedimage

newgen I took from barca

1024x640.resizedimage

another german newgen..

this was the best the world seemed to have to offer

been said more than once i can imagine but i know how to post links to pictures but how do u just post the pictures so we dont have to follow any links? cheers in advance

Just reached December in first season of my game and already had a good laugh. Im currently undefeated in the league playing a formation with a flat back four, DMC, MCL/R, AML/R and a sole striker.

Lost Hernandez after just a few games for 2months due to injury and he just back now. No transfers were allowed at start of game and using the 12.2 database. But Rooney moved up from his AML position to do well uptop, and Berbatov banged them in for cup games. So cant complain to much

Anyways the big laugh game on the 4th of December. Mancini has already been fired by Man City for being down in 12th place. Shouldnt be surprised given their run of results...

Stoke 2-2

Arsenal 0-2

Man Utd 1-3

Chelsea 0-1

Bolton 1-2

1 point out of 15, and though it is a horrid run of games the Bolton game seemed to be the last straw :D

if you have no Hernandez, use Welbeck he is almost the same.

1024x640.resizedimage

new signing, 8.75 million

1024x640.resizedimage

why is Johnny Evans so good in this game. and he only scored 9.9 >.>, out of all the defenders that attack near post (I dont set them there, its automatic) never had one score so many.

if you have no Hernandez, use Welbeck he is almost the same.

1024x640.resizedimage

new signing, 8.75 million

1024x640.resizedimage

why is Johnny Evans so good in this game. and he only scored 9.9 >.>, out of all the defenders that attack near post (I dont set them there, its automatic) never had one score so many.

That is a great deal for him there. :thup:

7 games to go, 1 point ahead of liverpool in the league, tough remaining fixtures in cluding arsenal,city and liverpool lol. still in euro cup and fa cup so great chance to win my first league and possible treble :-)). only problem is last match against everton and rooney got a broken leg and is now out for 8 months shock horror. will finish season tonight and give a full pic update guys. i have to say by looking at most people managing utd, im finding it quite hard tbh with only a champs league and a league cup to my name so far. fingers crossed.

Heh, £38m offer for Nani from Madrid, they didnt want to up it to 49m though :p

Probably should have accepted it as in my formation Rooney plays AML so Valancia, Nani, Young, Welbeck are all trying to get that AMR position. lol. But Nani is most effective it seems.

Fans made me laugh, January season 1, purchase Hazard for £35m. 6weeks and he was doing well (7.4ish avg) but the fans were moaning about the purchase of him... come the end of the season they are absolutely raving about him. Fickle bloody idiots!

And currently dominating in a game against Bolton - 21 corners! Bit overkill there.

Sonic... good luck iwth rest of season.

just compeletly destroyed spain at the olympic final with a 9-0 win... unexpected and probably now destroyed de Geas confidence >.>

and community shield won 5-1 after a few substitutions after being lucky to goin 1-1 at half time. bring on tony V, and his crosses help get 2 goals, oh an nani scored from a free kick O.O

[video=youtube;EUmf2Or-Cco]

oh and some bloke i signed scored...... check this out from kyle walker o.O

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84696304@N07/7756072472/sizes/h/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84696304@N07/7756072638/sizes/h/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84696304@N07/7756072998/sizes/h/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84696304@N07/7756072814/sizes/h/in/photostream/

UPDATE.

well unfortuatly 5 games in 15 days was too much for my injury hit small squad. lost champs lge semi to man city, fa cup semi to arsenal. on the plus side i won my first lge trophey in 3 years by a feather. 3 games left, 2, 1, each one could of determind a new leader and after winning my 37th game 3-1 i was joint top but led city by 1+ goal difference, finished last game with a 4-1 victory which i had to come from behind (nervy times) lol. yeeeey. any ways top performers

nani 21 gls 22 assists

neymar 20gls 13 assists

liorente 17 gls 12 assists

moara 11 gls 9 assists

rooney 11 gls 7 assists

targets for 4th season

small squad im going to look for a couple of regens to back up 1st squad, no major spending due to my balence still being poor. also there is interest in vidic and evra who have both played 45+ games for the season but with there ages i may just cash in and rely on fabio an a pairing of smalling/jones/otemendi. will see

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84696304@N07/7756072472/sizes/h/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84696304@N07/7756072638/sizes/h/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84696304@N07/7756072998/sizes/h/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84696304@N07/7756072814/sizes/h/in/photostream/

UPDATE.

well unfortuatly 5 games in 15 days was too much for my injury hit small squad. lost champs lge semi to man city, fa cup semi to arsenal. on the plus side i won my first lge trophey in 3 years by a feather. 3 games left, 2, 1, each one could of determind a new leader and after winning my 37th game 3-1 i was joint top but led city by 1+ goal difference, finished last game with a 4-1 victory which i had to come from behind (nervy times) lol. yeeeey. any ways top performers

nani 21 gls 22 assists

neymar 20gls 13 assists

liorente 17 gls 12 assists

moara 11 gls 9 assists

rooney 11 gls 7 assists

targets for 4th season

small squad im going to look for a couple of regens to back up 1st squad, no major spending due to my balence still being poor. also there is interest in vidic and evra who have both played 45+ games for the season but with there ages i may just cash in and rely on fabio an a pairing of smalling/jones/otemendi. will see

I wish you the good luck in the next season.

just found this guy sat in...... spanish second division B4 club Badajoz i know only 3 stars but, has some interesting stats to play with

and only 60k lol

1024x640.resizedimage

looks good for 16, i tend not to pay too much attention to star rating as with the playing time and tutoring you never no.

IlNc2.png

How should i play this guy, AM or AP, ive never really been able to get to play well but his stats look on par with messi. He usually only get about 10 goals a season which seems low for stats.

What is/are his natural position(s)?

His natural positions are MC and AMC.

What is his description? Then I would play him in one of those positions. He is the typical playmaker in my opinion, so in both position I would play him as an Advanced Playmaker (Attack).

Edited my game so RVP is in squad. What formations would you use with him included?

My first eleven is De Gea, Rafael, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa, Valencia, Rooney, van Persie

WoW. In season 3 on that latest game I started. Will have to do season reviews when i finished this one .

Barcelona vs Arsenal in champions league.

First leg at Emirates... Arsenal 5 - 1

So figure that my Semi-Final is against Arsenal.... but I would be wrong.

Second leg at Nou Camp .... Barcelona 5 - 0 Arsenal :o

Semi Final.

1st leg ..... Barcelona 2 - 1 Man Utd

Was a tight game. 55% possession to Barcelona. They had 8 shots, 2 on target... I had 8 shots, 3 on target. Infact I hit the woodwork and had 2 clearcut chances to their 0 but didnt take advantage of it. All in all it was a good game that i felt we deserved at least a draw out off.

Figure it was gonna be a tough game at Old Trafford.

Stats - Man Utd : Barcelona

Possession: 51%:49%

Pass completion: 80%:76%

Yellow cards: 4:1

Looks close doesnt it.... well then lets go on a bit more

Shots: 19:6

On target: 14:3

Clear cut: 5:0

Score: 7 - 0

Thats right. Barcelona where demolished at old trafford.

Half time I was 2-0 up. Meant I had done enough for extra time if they scored a goal which I was in fear that they would do even though I had the better of the half.

Hernandez Scored in the 12th minute, followed by Smalling in the 35th from a Hazard freekick.

Had 3 yellow cards, so replaced Cleverley and Rooney at half time fearing I be down to 10men otherwise, Hernandez stayed on though.

55th minute, smalling scored his 2nd of the game. 3-0. Was shocked because im normally quite low on the set piece goal tables yet here smalling dominated the defense.

61st minute, Welbeck charges down the wing on the left where he was playing, cut inside and curled a lovely shot into the corner. At this point I was taking Hernandez off and moving Welbeck uptop as the sole striker. All hell then broke loose.

64th minute. Welbeck scores his 2nd goal

66th minute. Welbeck scores his 3rd goal, a 5minute hatrick against Barcelona! Super sub!

Went quiet for awhile, no goals. The game was well over and though we had chances we didnt put them away

86th minute. Welbeck scores his 4th. 7-0 and the final against Madrid is secured :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just getting into the fourth season of my Man Utd save.

Season 1: won the League Cup and the League itself after a close race with tottenham. Knocked out in the quarters of the Champions League.

Season 2: an absolute crap season. I focused on the Champions League, thinking a second Premier League would be the easy part. Well, I finished 5th in the League, and lost in the final of the CL to Barca. My only trophy was an FA Cup.

Season 3: I won everything I participated in, very dramatically. League cup victory 5-4 over city. FA cup win over City 3-2. League victory on goal difference over City after a 94th minute equalizer to get the last point. Also won the Europa League over Inter.

My Squad:

GK - De Gea (reaching his potential, doing very well)

DR - Smalling (converted position after Rafael proved incompetent)

DC - Vidic (still very much at his best)

DC - Jones (gradually becoming a world class defender)

DL - Fabio (surprisingly, proven himself to be much better than rafael)

AMR - Valencia (provides a bucketload of assists)

MC - Javi Martinez (consistently does a great job as a holding mid)

MC - Cleverley (becoming a very good assist provider, also scores a bunch)

AML - Griezmann (signed in the middle of last season, performances blew me away)

ST - Rooney ~ (30 goals and 30 assists a season. Brilliant)

ST - Welbeck - (goal machine)

Other players who have done well: evra, otamendi, chalobah (bags of potential, dirt cheap from chelsea), asamoah, fletcher, lucas moura, hernandez, young did well but I sold him

Kept Giggs and Scholes on as coaches.

Promising youngsters: Aforementioned Chalobah, Adam Henley, Robbie Cotton, Italian DC, Spanish DM/CM, French AMC, English ST.

Both players are very versatile and can be used to great effect in most roles since they are great players. It all depends on the system really, seems to me you are playing some sort of 4-4-2, so to link up your cm's with the attack I would prefer Rooney in a deeper role. So Rooney has either a trequartista or a deep lying forward - support. Van Persie, again it depends what you want from him, if you just want goals you put him as a poacher, if you want him to contribute more I would personally use him as an advanced forward.

As the final Weegie update has been released, I have decided to start a new game with United. Squads are as they are now. I have completed the first season in which I won the League. Finishing a point ahead of Manchester City and the Champions League beating Arsenal 3 - 0 in the final.

Arsenal lifted the FA cup after defeating Newcastle on Penalties & Tottenham completed a North London double by winning the League Cup 2 - 1 against Liverpool.

Along with ourselves and Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal made it in to the champions League

QPR, Tottenham, Southampton and Fulham made it into the Europa League (Southampton as a fair Play entry)

Relegated from the Premiership were: Norwich, Wigan and Southampton.

Promoted to the Premiership were: Blackburn, Bolton and Cardiff

Wayne Rooney finished as the Leagues top goalscorer with 24 and our top goalscorer with 37

He also picked up the player of the year award.

There were some managerial casualties throughout the season as Aston Villa sacked Paul Lambert, Chelsea replaced Roberto Di Matteo with Manuel Pellegrini, Martin O'Neill left Sunderland and Ruud Guillt took charge at West Ham following Sam Alladyce's departure.

Transfers:

Season One:

seasononetransfers.png

Season Two:

seasontwotransfers.png

With the Clubs current financial position I have put a big emphasis on youth in my transfer dealings, I feel I have a good enough squad to compete in the short term and hope to bring through players who have come in relatively cheap, rather than go out and buy big name players.

The major departures from the Squad are Shinji Kagawa for £20m to Milan, try as I might, he just did not play anywhere near well enough in his first season scoring only twice and contributing 3 assists. £20m was too good to turn down. Both Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs have retired to the coaching staff.

Some other big Transfers to go through are:

Douglas Costa - Shakthar to Chelsea £18.5m

Ever Banega - Valencia to Tottenham £17m

Milos Krasic - Fenebache to Tottenham £15.25m

Phil Jagielka - Everton to Chelsea £12m

Jose Bosingwa - QPR to Valencia £8.5m

Tactics:

Having read an interesting thread on recreating an old Sir Alex type 4-4-2 formation from 2006 - 2009 I decided to have a go at my own version. It has worked reasonably well, with us scoring 100 premiership goals and conceding only 19.

tactics.png

I like us to control the ball and play through our midfield. Ashley Young and Tom Cleverley both did particularly well last season in this formation alongside Wayne Rooney. Unfortunately both Kagawa and Van Persie struggled.

First Team Squad 2012 - 2013

Goalkeepers

David De Gea

Andres Lindegaard

Jack Butland (Loaned to Burnley)

Defenders

Rafael Da Silva

Chris Smalling

Phil Jones

Rio Ferdinand

Nemanja Vidic

Jonny Evans

Patrice Evra

Fabio Da Silva

Midfielders:

Michael Carrick

Tom Cleverley

Darren Fletcher

Anderson

Nani

Antonio Valencia

Ashley Young

Strikers:

Wayne Rooney

Robin Van Persie

Danny Welbeck

Javier Hernandez

I have retrained Wayne Rooney as MC to help out if we get short. Tom Cleverley and Darren Fletcher are currently retraining as DMC.

Nemanja Vidic has been selected as Captain and Patrice Evra as Vice Captain.

Now on to the new season to defend our title and start life without Giggs and Scholes.

Pre Season update - Continued

Both Federico Macheda and Bebe have left the club to join Malaga for fees of £4.2m and £1.8m respectively.

Carlos Fierro has joined the club for £1.8m and has immediately left on Loan to FC Twente, while we work out permit issues.

I am looking to break our transfer record by adding Gareth Bale to the squad, I am awaiting response from Tottenham, having lodged a £30m offer for the Welsh left side player.

Having looked at my lack of depth in the centre of the park I have also asked Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes to reconsider their retirements, just for one more season. We will see

Both Giggs and Scholes decided to uphold their retirement plans so have joined the coaching staff at Old Trafford.

Gareth Bale and Neymar, both proved out of our price range at £40m+. However I still want a player to compete with Ashley Young for the AML (IF) Role having moved Kagawa on. The player I have opted for is Pablo Osvaldo from Roma. He has all the right stats to be a success in the role and at only £17m is a bargain compared to the previously mentioned players.

osvaldok.png

August/September Update.

Community Shield:

Vs Arsenal (N) W 0 - 2 (Ferdinand, Osvaldo)

A good start to the season as we pick up our first trophy beating Arsenal. Pablo Osvaldo picked up the MoM award with a great first game performance. Hopefully there is more to come

Premiership:

VS Blackburn (H) (D) 0-0

A tough start to the season as we dominated but failed to convert any of our chances in to goals. Blackburn posed us no trouble at the other end of the pitch and if we play like this every game we will surely score more often than not. MoM went to Paul Robinson.

VS QPR (A) (D) 1-1 (Cleverley)

A completely unacceptable performance as QPR dominated the game, we posed little to no attacking threat and allowed them far too much possession. I expect us to play far better than this in every other game for the rest of the season. MoM went to QPR's Djibril Cisse.

VS WBA (H) (W) 3-0 (Wellbeck, Nani, Vidic)

A much improved performance from the QPR game against a West Brom team that has come on leaps over the last season. A MoM performance from Nani justifying his inclusion in the place of the injured Osvaldo.

VS Arsenal (A) (L) 1-0

Another dreadful away performance that saw a rash of 5. ratings in the team. Ashley Young had a nightmare and we were extremely lucky only to lose by one. De Gea took the MoM. If we continue to struggle like this away from home we have no chance of catching Manchester City who have opened up a 8 point gap at the top of the league.

VS Newcastle (H) (D) 0 - 0

A missed penalty from Rooney summed us up as we failed to score at home. A performance that needs vast improvement if we are to have any chance of getting the title. Six points from our opening five games is simply appalling.

Capital One Cup

VS Newcastle (A) (L) 2-1 (Welbeck)

For the second consecutive season we crashed out of the league cup at the first hurdle, loosing this time to Newcastle at the Sports Direct Arena. Once again we were poor on our travels managing only one shot on target all game

Champions League

VS Steaua (A) (W) 2-0 (Fletcher, Young) Carrick S/O

A good start to our CL defense with victory in Romania. However we were not helped by Carrick's early sending off. With that said, the team performed well and created as many chances with 10 men as they had 11. Darren Fletcher and Ashley Young both on the score sheet for the first time this season.

European Super Cup:

VS Malaga (N) W 1-0 (Van Persie)

A hard fought victory bring the second trophy of the season. RVP proved the difference scoring a stunning late free kick. MoM went to Tom Cleverley as he bossed the centre of the park creating chances on a regular basis. The only downside is our continued lack of conversion with the chances we create.

I have been drawn with Schalke, Zenit and Steau in the Champions League as we look to become the first team to retain the title in the competitions history.

October/November

Premier League

VS Liverpool (A) (W) 0-4 (Rooney(2), Osvaldo, Vidic) - MoM - Rooney.

What a way to bounce back from our poor league form than thrashing Liverpool at Anfield. A first Premier League goal for Osvaldo kicking things off. That is now 10 goals in two games following our 6-1 demolition of Schalke.

VS Cardiff (H) (W) 4-2 (Jones(2), Rooney(P), Van Persie) MoM - Jones

A game in which we had to come from 2-1 down at half time to win. The introduction of Rooney changed the shape of the game as he created the goals that won the match for us. Cardiff managed 2 goals from a single shot on target. Jonny Evans scored an OG and put in a terrible first half performance. It is very likely he will be sold come January as he has never played well when called upon and the team have some exciting youngsters in this area of the pitch.

VS West Ham (H) (W) 5-0 (Fletcher(3), Evra, Osvaldo) - MoM - Fletcher

Another crushing victory as we continue our march up the table. We started the month of October in 12 on 6 points, we now find ourselves 5th on 15 points. However we will need to keep this type of form up as we are still 8 points of off Manchester City in 1st. Darren Fletcher scored his first United Hattrick completing with a penalty after Rooney was substituted withe game won at half time.

VS Swansea (A) (W) 0-6 (Anderson, Van Persie, Rooney, Vidic, Welbeck(2) - MoM - Anderson

Finally an away performance to shout about, a crushing victory over a team sitting in second place 5 points ahead of ourselves. Anderson put in a stellar performance, scoring one and creating two more. Rooney continued his good run of form with another first half penalty. That now makes it 19 goals in four Premier league games and only two in reply.

VS Bolton (A) (W) 1-2 (Welbeck, Osvaldo) - MoM - Evra

Despite the victory, we again struggled to turn chances in to goals away from home. Against the leagues bottom side we dominated possession but failed to make the most of it. Two early goals should have set the stage for a more comfortable victory but it was not to be as we switched off second half, even allowing them a cheap goal to get back into the match.

VS Fulham (A) (W) 1-5 (Stockdale(OG), Rooney, Young, Van Persie(2) - MoM - Van Persie

A good away victory with the only downside being injuries to Rooney and Evra. We again got off to a great start, going 3-0 before half time, however this time we didn't switch off and continued to dominate our opponents. Van Persie finally put in a performance for us scoring twice, he could of and perhaps should of had three or four, but it was an improvement.

Champions League

VS Schalke (H) (W) 6-1 (Hernandez(3), Rooney, Van Persie, Ferdinand) - MoM - Hernandez

A great response to our dip in form as a front three of Rooney, Hernandez and Van Persie terrorized our German opponents. We were 5-0 at half time and took our foot off the gas in the second half with the game already won. This Keeps up our 100% in Europe so far this season.

VS Zenit (H) (W) 4-0 (Rooney(3), Fletcher) - MoM - Rooney.

And the goals have finally started to flow, a superb hattrick from Rooney setting the stage for another victory in Europe and another 4 goals. Zenit were again put to the sword in the first half as we scored all four before half time. Second half saw Rooney make way otherwise he may have had even more.

VS Zenit (A) (W) 1-2 (Nani, Valencia) -MoM - De Gea

Another European win as we qualified from our group with a game to spare. Nani and Valencia grabbing the goals in this game. Either side of a missed Rooney penalty. Jonny Evans again given a chance as we rested Ferdinand and Jones is injured, again scored an own goal. One more poor showing from him and he will be shown the door.

VS Steaua (H) (W) 3-0 (Vidic(2), Ferdinand) - MoM - Vidic

We continue to dominate our champions league group with another victory making it five out of five. Goals from Vidic, including a stunning 20 yard volley! and Ferdinand breaking down a team that came to park the bus. All three goals came in the second half as they tired and our superior fitness began to show.

Overall a good couple of months, we remained undefeated and bounced back from our slow start to climb up from 12 to 3rd in the league 4 points back on leaders Chelsea and only 2 behind City with a game in hand. Rooney will miss the next two games through injury so that will mean more responsability for RVP as he will be our main striker, hopefully he can continue his good recent form.

Having a magic start to my Man Utd save using the Weegie update with 'no' transfers in the first window.

Rooney has just won the Fifa Ballon Player of the year AND World Player of the Year after amassing 57 goals in 20 starts with an average rating of 9.13.

I'm sorry... but whuutt? , what tactics are you using? a downloaded one?

It started off with a downloaded one in my West Ham save then i tinkered with it over a few seasons in which i started a new Man Utd save with it.

Looks very much like it...

and if it was, is there a law against it?

Archived