FM 2012: Manchester United team guide - CHAMP19NS and the most decorated club in England!

Fabio MVP

Hey guys, I want your opinions on Andre Ayew. I have the chance to sign him for £11.75m in the summer of 2012 (original patch).

What do you think guys bearing in mind I still have Giggs, Anderson, Fletcher, Cleverley and Carrick? Thanks in advance

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@fabio MVP hi fabio. I was wondering if you could help. I have created my own 4-2-2-2 with AML and AMR, achieving good results, but wondered if you would be able to upload a picture of your team instructions, displaying what strategy you use.

I have a home tactic and a tactic which is narrower for when I play big teams away from home. Would be great to see how you play, as you appear to achieve amazing results.

Thanks

I use three different tactics. Standard one, attacking one and defensive one. I combine touchline shouts with all of them. I even have two sets of touchline shouts. Attacking one and defending one. When I think I'm going to win comfortably then I use only Take A Breather touchline shout. If my opponent plays with narrow formation then I use Look For Overlap touchline shout. I always have Match Preparation Workload set to Average and Additional Focus Area set to Defensive Positioning.

Here are the screenshots you asked for:

pf04x.jpg

8CM33.jpg

78jZs.jpg

When I use Jones he is usualy a CB, but does slot in just infront of the defence when i play 4-2-1-2-1

so when owen goes, who do you make your #7

I got rid of Michael Owen after the first season and then I gave number 7 to Nani. I'm now in the fifth season and he still has number 7. He was also my first choice as AMR for the whole time.

im using mr houghs latest tactic to devestating effect. just finished season number 3 and this is how hernandez finished!! included team starting 11. very much same squad just a few changes

Jncig.pngFTqip.png

im not 100% sure but i think the central strikers settings are the same as mentioned a couple of posts up??

Struggling to get Rooney to play well, what role do you have him in, I'm playing 442 by the way

Deep-Lying Forward - Support or Complete Forward - Support

He has even done well for me as a Trequartista

Struggling to get Rooney to play well, what role do you have him in, I'm playing 442 by the way

I'm playing him as a Deep Lying Forward (Support) with tweaked settings and he is amazing for me.

Hey guys, I decided to started a brand new save on my beloved Manchester United on original patch and here is how my 1st season panned out:

At the start of the game, I decided to not add any first team players to the squad as my policy for the 1st season is to go ahead of the current squad and just add youngsters with potential. Therefore, here are my transfer dealings for the 2011-2012 season:

Transfers

Out

I didn't sell any players from the club, instead loaning youngsters with potential out to clubs for regular football. These youngsters included Morrison, Pogba, Tunnicliffe, Thorpe and Will Keene.

In

Yaya Sanogo from AJ Auxerre - £2.3m

Squad Summary

http://imageshack.us/f/849/manchesterunitedseason2.jpg/

Kuzsczak also made 2 appearances during the season.

Competition Summary

Community Shield

In the season curtain-raiser, my players were caught early by goals from Ganso and Aguero before Ferdinand pulled a goal back before the break. In the second half, we tried to pull level but City were resilient in defence and always looked a threat on the counter-attack. The match ended with the noisy neighbours striking the first blow ahead of the season:

http://imageshack.us/f/594/mancityvmanutdcommunity.jpg/

Carling Cup

In the 3rd Round, my players recovered from going behind to stage a second half comeback to eventually defeat Cardiff in Wales before comfortable home wins over Nottingham Forest and Stoke set up a semi-final tussle with Chelsea. A very late Park goal in the home leg was enough over the two legs as we held out brilliantly at Stamford Bridge.

In the final at Wembley, Bolton were waiting and Rooney scored two goals either side of a Kevin Davies equaliser to lead at the interval. We controlled the second half for long periods and Berbatov sealed midway through the half to win me my first trophy for the club:

http://imageshack.us/f/838/boltonvmanutdcarlingcup.jpg/

FA Cup

In the 3rd Round, my players comfortably defeated Doncaster at the Keepmoat before narrow home wins over Birmingham and Barnsley set up a titanic battle with arch-rivals Liverpool at Anfield. The match was breathtaking for the neutrals as Suarez notched two goals and both sides conceded unfortunate own goals to give us a 3-3 final scoreline.

Back at Old Trafford in the replay, Agger continued the theme of the own goals before Chicharito sealed victory despite Kuyt's late consolation. In the semi-final at Wembley, Swansea were the opponents and we were given another helping hand, this time from Williams before Young secured our passage into the final.

In the final back at Wembley, Aston Villa were the opponents and Jones gave us a half-time lead. But after the break, Villa shockingly turned the match on it's head with Agbonlahor and then Heskey (really?) scoring well-taken goals to snatch the trophy from us:

http://imageshack.us/f/36/astonvillavmanutdfacupf.jpg/

Premier League

In the League, my players started brilliantly by staying 15 games unbeaten, winning 14 of them before losing narrowly at Arsenal. The players responded to that setback by winning 12 of the next 13 games with the only blot on the copybook being a narrow defeat at Liverpool. Our rivals did their best to keep pace with us all season but ironically, it was when we were still competing late on in the other competitions when they slipped up quite frequently. The league was retained by us without kicking a ball after Liverpool lost at Sunderland the day after the FA Cup Final:

http://imageshack.us/f/267/englishpremierdivision2.jpg/

Champions League

In the group stages, my opponents were Otelul, Zenit and Rangers and my players finished top of the group comfortably unbeaten - the only game that we dropped points was in an entertaining 2-2 draw at Zenit (were 2-0 down so maybe a point gained?).

The first knockout round saw us tackle Porto and a late Chicharito goal gave us a priceless away win. Back at Old Trafford, Porto twice went ahead with the second goal giving them the edge on away goals before a Rooney wondergoal and Chicharito strike secured our passage into the quarter-finals.

Our local rivals Man City awaited us in the quarter-finals with a late Rooney strike cancelling out Dzeko to secure an away draw. In the second leg, Berbatov's early goal was cancelled by Aguero before second half goals from Vidic and Giggs placed us into the driving seat. Aguero scored another goal late on but we held on to progress to the semi-finals.

Into the semi-finals and Chelsea were the opponents. This time the first leg was at Old Trafford and Nani gave us the lead before the interval and late on, Chicharito secured a two goal lead to take to Stamford Bridge. An early David Luiz red card allowed us to grab an away goal from Anderson and although Terry replied on the night, the tie was long over and we were in the final.

In Munich, Real Madrid and old boy Ronaldo were waiting. The game itself was very tense and even with both sides rarely giving each other a sniff in front of goal. The turning point came in the second half when Arbeloa was dismissed for his second booking and in extra-time, Rooney converted twice from close range to secure a 4th European Cup for the club:

http://imageshack.us/f/269/manutdvrmadridchampions.jpg/

So guys, what do you think of my 1st season? Is this squad good enough to continue with next season or did I overachieve with this bunch of players? What areas of the squad do you think I should strengthen in the summer?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and feedback. :thup:

made a new save, using the 4-2-2-2 from that thread, as that is my prefered formation and wanted to try the settings out to see the effects.

welbeck went terrible under them and missed 10-15 chances before scoring >.>

works alright with hernandez though, but the creation is spread all around the team, defending is better then I have with my 4-2-2-2 as well, so look forward to digging deeper. need a proper test, 1st league match is away at city so can see how it functions away from home against a team with good players. where i would play a totaly differant formation (the differant formation is like the above one in terms of defence+midfield layout but have wingers and 1 striker ;).

so might as well start with transfers

5A90E381FFB4608D5FEE95D7BED493DD671F8321

Hamsik as ever is someone YOU MUST BUY

kishna is a 16 year old winger, so hopefully good potential for training up to replace young in a few years, so saving me funds for other locations.

decided to try James Rodriguez instead of Hazard

Vrsaljko - i forgot to buy last time, and the pre season is the only time you can net him at the insanely cheap price. and breaks into the first team anyway.

although i'm stuck with the twins or jones/smalling as both him and evra got fractured bones in preseason (cos FM players have bones of an 80 year old at the start of the season)

already beaten Man city 3-0 in the community shield. could have been more (Rooney missed a penatly, then got a bruised leg and had to go off, Carrick converted a second pen >.> and Hernandez hit the underside of bar and post and it bounced out as well :(, and De Gea was immence as well

here is my community shield result.

4625AAD306305152812AD675C9E63916834D5631

well annoyed, Vrsaljko comes back from injury in the internationals week, then gets injured for 3 months on international duty

and, I LOVE that tactic, but it isn't getting the result it should be

surprised at this result, ran with Berbatov and welbeck up front

609EB003053BCBF516C583F5894EA52E883EC28B

beaten Fulham 5-0 at OT and stoke 3-0 at the Brittania.

then this

C0A80AD30AC2A9B807AEE025764F9395C6096FA3

brought berba on early in the 2nd half cos rooney had a yellow. it worked

How does Nick Powell look in FM12?

Unfortunately, even if he reaches his full potential, he can't really break into United's first team. This disappointed me very much...

On another note, in my first season as Man U, Hernandez has been awful for me, scoring a goal every 5-6 games. Welbeck is even pushing him out of the first team! After learning all about how godlike he's supposed to be, I feel like I must be using him incorrectly.

My usual plan is to have him as a poacher alongside Rooney as a Target man. Young is an inside forward and Nani is a winger, both of whom are providing quality assists to other players. My midfielders are a deep lying playmaker on defense and a center midfielder on support. Everything works out fantastically with Welbeck in his role, but again this is not working with Hernandez, at least for me. Am I doing something wrong, or is he likely just having a bad year?

Hernandez has 43 in 31 for me as a poacher. So he's probably just having a bad year.

Quick question, whats the best way to develop Welbeck? As in what training schedule should I be using? And any specific tutors?

guys started a manutd save last nite and in march got my youth intake with 2 players with 4* potential here they are

2012071800002.jpg

2012071800003c.jpg

so along with fierro my front 3 are sorted in the future

Callum Critchley looks like he good be excellent. :thup:

approaching December on my game, had to limp through a couple of tough away games due to tiredness and injures (its that bad de Leat was on the bench >.>) beat chelsea 2-0 away and napoli 3-1 - which Pogba started in.

then the yellow card supensions on rooney and Vidic kick in... smalling got injured in training, still fancied this match, QPR on a losing streak, and had played a wednesday match against Stoke (which QPR lost)

43D0DCB64CD4D962BEA32EC5FC092E90D4501B86

at least hernandez returned :D and the smalling injury let sime back into the side, where he assists for a goal with a 40 yard pass into space for the 4th goal.

as it is approacing december, i have to start planning my transfers. going for

Ganso (midfield seems to be a problem area for consistant quality)

Lucas Moura (obviously :D)

Neymar (another striker to rotate with rooney as berbatov doesnt have the pace, or i can play him in rotation with young and nani on the left wing)

Ballotelli (not getting first team football, stats look handy for another backup striker to rotate with rooney- perhaps a loan :D)

approaching December on my game, had to limp through a couple of tough away games due to tiredness and injures (its that bad de Leat was on the bench >.>) beat chelsea 2-0 away and napoli 3-1 - which Pogba started in.

then the yellow card supensions on rooney and Vidic kick in... smalling got injured in training, still fancied this match, QPR on a losing streak, and had played a wednesday match against Stoke (which QPR lost)

43D0DCB64CD4D962BEA32EC5FC092E90D4501B86

at least hernandez returned and the smalling injury let sime back into the side, where he assists for a goal with a 40 yard pass into space for the 4th goal.

as it is approacing december, i have to start planning my transfers. going for

Ganso (midfield seems to be a problem area for consistant quality)

Lucas Moura (obviously :D)

Neymar (another striker to rotate with rooney as berbatov doesnt have the pace, or i can play him in rotation with young and nani on the left wing)

Ballotelli (not getting first team football, stats look handy for another backup striker to rotate with rooney- perhaps a loan :D)

Your results are getting boring now :rolleyes: keep on thrashing teams 5-0 + and there is no story to post apart from that you no you're going to win every game. This downloaded supertactic you use must be a cheat to stop other teams scoring against you because you seem to thrash every one yet they don't score even a goal .. confused lol

I have conceded goals though.

just an odd one the QPR in that they had battered morale, I usualy struggle against those. and 4-2-2-2 is not exactly a defencive minded tactic. it seems to fluctuate i have had seasons where i have conceded little, and then conceded far more the next, or as in the case of my Blackpool save, goals came from wings one season, and conseded an insane number, the next, wingers contributed little in terms of goals. in terms fo goals from set pieces, 13 corners (thats a bug in the game, cant do anything to stop that) ONE indirect free kick, ZERO direct free kicks, its just how the game works, pace is broken as well, which is why hernandez welbeck, score.

and another day, 4 or 5 of those goals would have missed.

This has nothing to do with FM, but I am trying to plug some interest in the GPTG. If you are interested in creating a fantasy football team then this should interest you.

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

This has nothing to do with FM, but I am trying to plug some interest in the GPTG. If you are interested in creating a fantasy football team then this should interest you.

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

Bugger off you spamming sod!

i personally have found phil jones does better as anchorman for me as i dnt trust him at cb, he always gets beat in the air cos of his poor jumping and heading for a cb and his stats in those area never goes up much for me thro training, my starting 11/reserve halfway thro 2nd season is

gk- de gea 2nd- adler

lb- evra 2nd- fabio

cb- bocchetti 2nd- evans

cb- smalling 2nd- ferdinand

rb- rafael 2nd-jones or smalling fill in here if rafael unfit or injured

dm- jones 2nd- romulo or mikel(selling mikel for 14 million profit on wat i paid for him)

cm- hamsik 2nd- cleverley

cm- fletcher 2nd- carrick

aml- hazard 2nd- young

amr- valencia 2nd- welbeck(decent backup but not great)

fw- rooney 2nd- hernandez

im happy with my team so no more huge fees, have brought in a high potential player for each position to should be sound for the future

Archived