FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Alright lads

I finished season 4 last night. had a great season. Won the LC, FA CUP, PL & the CL. think it may be my last season for a good while tho. wont get on much over the next month and then i'm away for a month (due to wedding) so think i'll wait til the Jan updates are done and start a new save.

Best of luck with all your games. I'll drop in now and again to see how everyones games are going

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am resigning from my position as liverpool manager as i no longer have the desire to continue on with the job and after a poor start to the season i am in october 2014 and am 4pts above relegation i am handing over the reigns and off to manage else where GL everyone with your saves.

Sam Allardyce left west ham to take the job.

Good god... Four pts above relegation....

Did you holiday the season?

nah i didnt seems strange that i had Cavani and Damiao but they were not scoring as freely as i had hoped

That is strange... Considering they're two of the hottest strikers in the game... How were you playing them? Damiao as a left back and Cavani as the keeper? :p

I'm in my fourth season now, somehow still in the job having finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th in seasons 1, 2 and 3 respectively and no cup success to speak of. My squad is vastly different from the start of the game:

GK: Pepe Reina, Craig Gordon (free), Jack Butland (free, currently on loan in the Championship)

DR: Martin Kelly, Barry Mommers (Dutch regen, 2* CA, 4* PA)

DL: Jack Robinson

DC: Seb Coates, Dan Agger, Danny Wilson

DMC: Lucas Leiva, Sami Khedira, Sandro, Stevie G

Forwards: Stevan Jovetic, Mario Gotze, Angel Di Maria, Luis Suarez, Lucas Moura, Carlos Tevez, Edinson Cavani, Erick Torres

I play 4-2-3-1 like Rafa used to, with Lucas as a DM(d) and Sami or Sandro as Anchorman(d). Gerrard gets the odd game as a DLP. The front four rotate a lot, but my preferred starters are Lucas Moura and Di Maria on the wings as AP(a), Suarez at AMC as a trequartista and Cavani up front as DLF(a). Cavani has something like 90 goals from 100 league games. I've only just signed Gotze, but he is my second record transfer at £54m, destroying the £38m I spent on Jovetic. I'll admit that it wasn't a cheap team to put together, attacking-wise. Sandro and Khedira both cost around £6m, but the attacking players there cost a combined total of about £175m. Thankfully their wages aren't too high, with Gotze, Tevez and Jovetic my highest earners on £125k each. Also, Gerrard is my ass man now as well as a player.

In the reserves I have a few decent players, the likes of Carlos Fierro, Lorenzo Crisetig etc, but I'm not sure that they're suited to my system.

I'm now in January of season 4, with a 6 point cushion at the top of the table, so I'm hoping that I might finally take the league title.

Tevez is unhappy at the club. I signed him one year ago for £2m as his contract was expiring, but only gave him an 18 month contract because I had a feeling he might end up being a problem and I didn't want to be stuck with a player on £125k wages that no-one wanted to take off me. I've offered him out for sale but there are no takers, so I'll have to wait until the summer when his contract is up. I certainly don't regret signing him, but I would only ever offer him a fairly short contract.

Agger has given me some chuckles.... first he scored a goal from a corner with a bicycle kick ( which ended up 2nd in the goal of the season!) The next match was an FA cup semi final against chelski and the journo asked me who was going to counter the on fire Torres so I said Agger. 2 mins into the game he put Torres on a stretcher! Coincidence I know but made my day :D

Hazard's finally became the gem I payed 45 Million for, he's getting an assist & goal per game, Real Madrid have started taking an intrest in him! They're not getting him for anything less than 80 Million.
81 just to beat ronaldo!!!

81 just to beat ronaldo!!!

Yes! Although I'm thinking of keeping him no matter what the price.

September Report (Going to start doing these once a month):

Results:

september2014.png

The Poor result against West Ham in the friendly wasn't much concern as it was more of a reserve match to keep players match fit.

A draw against Southhampton on the otherhand was a concern. We where ahead 1-0 and in the 76th minute Southhampton equalised and we then sat back and took the draw, this angered me as we could have stayed top if we had got another goal!

Key Players:

Eden Hazard

september2014hazard.png

Hazard really did lead the team through a rough patch, with Suarez, Schurrle and Jovetic all injured I had a weak attacking force I gave Hazard a chance on the left wing and he destroyed teams! I only hope this amazing form can continue :)

Hazard's finally became the gem I payed 45 Million for, he's getting an assist & goal per game, Real Madrid have started taking an intrest in him! They're not getting him for anything less than 80 Million.

Be careful though, £80 million sounds great but how would you get with that money? I'm guessing your a couple fo seasons in so maybe won't need too many additional players, maybe only Gotze, Messi, CR & Ozil that are as good. You'd only be able to get Gotze for the same wages.

October Report

Results:

october2014.png

This month was certainly going to be a tough one, having been knocked out of the CL by FC Porto two years earlier I knew I was in for a challenge, this however was not the case, Hazard showed his 'Tekkers' by assisting a wonderful brace from Ryan Shawcross. This however would be the highlight of his month as he didn't impress much soon after. The wins against both Arsenal and Manchester City brought back optimism that we could again win the Prem. The game against Manchester City was certianly the one that I enjoyed the most. With three minutes added on at the 90, we had to act fast to save ourselves from a draw, I put the team into overload and in the 3rd minute Hulk puts in a ball that Schurrle met brilliantly and slammed into the back of the net (Although I did think it was offside myself), but this was not the last of Hulk as minutes later (Due to celebrations) he got his own goal and cemented our win at Anfield. The game against Arsenal was also a big one as the winner would get first place, it was a match that was completly dominated by Liverpool, only in the last 10 minutes did Arsenal become threating as two quick goals from Song and Walcott made it 5-3 but alas it was not enough for them and we took back first place. The game against Chelsea I didn't care much for, the Premier League and Champions League are my main concerns.

Player of The Month

Lucas Leiva

october2014lucasleiva.png

This was a tricky one to pick, with nearly everyone but Hazard having a great month, but in the end I had to pick Lucas, he was strong in the CM and DM position stopping some key chances for the opposition many times and even got himself 4 goals (Two against Arsenal and one against Porto and Schalke). Well done son. :applause:

November Report

november2014.png

No upsets this month gladly, the game against Birmingham was the one I was most worried about as they've cause some upsets at Anfield before in my career but not this year. The lads did me proud, December will be a hard month with matches against Chelsea, Manchester Utd and Tottenham. The victory against Schalke meant that we qualified for the knockout stage of the Champions League, I've got a sneaky feeling we could make it six this year!

Player of The Month

Eden Hazard

november2014hazard.png

He's back! Another great month from Hazard has left him a major contender for World Golden Ball, I'm delighted to see him back on form and dominating games again. Jovetic also had a great month scoring 5 goals after Suarez got injured again, it could be a good season for both players. :)

i just cant win with liverpool on here lol, just got beat by MK Dons..... Carroll is realistic, soooo many headers off the line and bar... team set to aim for him everytime.

any tactics that people use that are any good?

Best tactic, don't play Carroll ;)

But if you must play:

--------Carroll--------

Downing--Gerrard--Suarez

----Lucas---Henderson---

Enrique--Skrtel--Agger--Johnson

---------Reina-------

United just beat City in my game which gave me the title without even playing my game yet :) out go the youth players...

Always good fun to do that, also get all the old boys over the 9 game line so they get a medal.

I'm into 2018, but only have one regen good enough for the 1st team, who I picked up from our feeder club, Bray Wanderers. Am getting a little worried as although I'm still winning most things & I'm not bothered about what the other teams are doing/buying but my team is now pretty old now & I've not seen any great regens.

How have your regens come along long term?

Would like to continue with this save long term, its gone really well and the only "cheat" I've done was to make Dalglish the A.Man at the start of the game with Stevie Clarke 1st team Coach.

Any recommendations on cheap DM's to fill the Lucas Leiva gap? Marking, Tackling, Work rate and Team work are the primary stats i'm looking for. The player doesn't need to be a long term solution, as i'm developing Coady and Emre Can to fill the spot.

I'm also willing to retrain any players that might fit there... I was considering making it Agger or Jack Collison's position. Anyone have experience with either as a DM?

Nainggolan? Could still be at Cagliari

End of my 1st season and finished as league champions with a game to spare. cant believe it really. i thought i would be lucky to get the top 4 let alone win the league.

i finished 5 points clear of Utd with 92 points, scoring 84 and conceding 28.

i got to the semis of the FA cup getting knocked out by west brom who beat tottenham in the final. i went out early in the Carling Cup to swansea.

i started the game with transfers disabled in the 1st window purely to make it harder and because teams buy players they don't need and it starts to ruin the realism.

my 3 formations are a 4-4-2 which is as close to how we play under Kenny as i can get it. this is my standard home tactic and has provided plenty of goals. i have a 4-2-3-1 which i employ occasionally at home but mostly away and is solid if not spectacular. and lastly a 4-1-2-3 which is my standard defensive tactic for tough away games or a shut out.

the team as a whole has played very well. Kuyt was my top scorer with 22 followed by Suarez and Carroll. Adam had a good season with 8 goals and 14 assists. henderson did well with 4 goals and 7 assists plus my staff think hes going to be immense

Downing has been a disappointment. he misses far to many chances and has only 10 assists to his name and really i want more from someone in that position.

thankfully i managed to sign his replacement in january. Gaston Ramirez. he scored in his 1st game and played a total of 3 games and 2 goals before getting injured and out for the remainder of the season.

Flanagan and Robinson both went out on loan and were excellent so they will both be my second choice LB and Rb next season. Coates and Wilson will be my backup CD next season after impressing. Shelvey has had a good season at Blackpool and i hope he can be successful for me next term. Suso, Wisdom and Coady will all go out on loan to gain experience. that just leaves Sterling and i will see how he does pre season and then decide whether to send him on loan or not.

now its time to trim the squad and the wage bill and decide who to buy. cant wait

WOOOO! after a 27 game unbeaten run im now 3 points clear, on 35 played....

dragged pool up from 13th to 1st!!!

Carroll started scoring then got a torn calf muscle... Lucas playing well got a torn calf muscle.... WHY?! lol

Downing will be sold in june.. just not good enough no goals minimum assists.

**update** done the double!! hahahaaaaa! beat QPR 4-1 to claim the league on game 37 and beat chelsea 2-0 fa cup.

Archived