Please read si - rant here!!

Right,

I am dissapionted by this years fm11, I am not saying its crap or that I havent enjoyed the new features but the bugs and slight mistakes have made it not live up to previous years gaming experience.

I absolutely hate the fact that for international friendlies, numbers are given by the game and they are ridiculous, for example I changed my england tactic to 5-3-2 and my strikers were given the numbers 3 and 10, my defender had number 9!! This annoys me soo much, on fm10 the numbers were given sensibly e.g. strikers 9 and 10 rb number 2 lb number 3 etc...

These little things do annoy me and take enjoyment out of the game, and the bugs (which have now been solved) took time away from gaming this year, right rant over, please si fix the numbers thing and let us give numbers for every international game! Thanks for reading fellow football managers!

just to clarify, I DONT THINK IT IS A BUG! but it needs fixing cause a striker shouldnt have the number 3

There are some strikers that used 3 or 4 on their shirt. Liam gave a great example with Asamoah Gyan. And if I remember well, in 2006 WC, Adebayor used the nº4

My brother was down watching the paul scholes testimonial game and the next day there was a world youth tournament at Man U's training complex, apparently the Pachuca players had their shirt numbers starting at 100 and going upwards.

How about we get that in the game :p

We are all striving for the perfect game. All bugs matter, even erroneous naming of shirts. Think it was in FM09 there was a slight bug that meant if you click on for example the position on the league table so you got the graph and then hit back and then forward again, the graph was lost. They had forgotten to put it properly in memory or something. Anyway, it was reported by me and perhaps others and now it is solved. Tiny example, but things do get better if it's properly reported. And believe it or not, but bugs like that bug me.

I was expecting a lot of starred words btw. You must be more angry next time you rant ;):D

My brother was down watching the paul scholes testimonial game and the next day there was a world youth tournament at Man U's training complex, apparently the Pachuca players had their shirt numbers starting at 100 and going upwards.

How about we get that in the game :p

Yeah I went to that but my point is can si please give me the option to assign numbers to players for each international fixture

We are all striving for the perfect game. All bugs matter, even erroneous naming of shirts. Think it was in FM09 there was a slight bug that meant if you click on for example the position on the league table so you got the graph and then hit back and then forward again, the graph was lost. They had forgotten to put it properly in memory or something. Anyway, it was reported by me and perhaps others and now it is solved. Tiny example, but things do get better if it's properly reported. And believe it or not, but bugs like that bug me.

I was expecting a lot of starred words btw. You must be more angry next time you rant ;):D

Ok next time I will swear more ;) but yes and if you go to the league stats page the thing in the top left corner where you have a drop down list of top scorer or top assist the ages of the players stay the same for every player. And I agree the small bugs are often the worst

could someone from si please comment to let me know that this has been aknowleged please?

Its your own fault. The numbers are in the correct order but when you have messed around with your tactic, you have re-arranged the dots, so by putting your striker dot in defense, you will have a defender who is 9/10.

It is annoying but if you want to fix it, recreate your tactic using the best fitting 'default' formation then tweak where you need to, so that way the numbers will be in the correct positions. :thup:

That has to be the most unrantlike rant I have ever seen.

Oh and Steve Morison at Norwich wears the No 5 shirt as a striker, and Darren Huckerby wore 6 when he was with us.

Some players just have numbers they like, whilst I liked the old 1-11 system (always had to wear 9 as a striker myself), those days are long gone.

That has to be the most unrantlike rant I have ever seen.

Oh and Steve Morison at Norwich wears the No 5 shirt as a striker, and Darren Huckerby wore 6 when he was with us.

Some players just have numbers they like, whilst I liked the old 1-11 system (always had to wear 9 as a striker myself), those days are long gone.

that isnt the point, I am a traditionalist and would like the option to give numbers to my players before every international game in fm12

Its your own fault. The numbers are in the correct order but when you have messed around with your tactic, you have re-arranged the dots, so by putting your striker dot in defense, you will have a defender who is 9/10.

It is annoying but if you want to fix it, recreate your tactic using the best fitting 'default' formation then tweak where you need to, so that way the numbers will be in the correct positions. :thup:

could you explain more please?? I have tried changing the dots and that doesnt change the numbers, that was how I got round this problem on fm10 but that doesnt work on fm11 for some reasom

could you explain more please?? I have tried changing the dots and that doesnt change the numbers, that was how I got round this problem on fm10 but that doesnt work on fm11 for some reasom

The easiest way to do it would be to clear your players then select the default 5-3-2 formation. Then make any tweaks to the tactic that you wish then save it. Then just select your players into the correct positions. This should then give your players more realistic squad numbers. Your subs will just be numbered from 13-19 in the order that they are placed. So sub 1 will be 13, 2-14 and so on.

The easiest way to do it would be to clear your players then select the default 5-3-2 formation. Then make any tweaks to the tactic that you wish then save it. Then just select your players into the correct positions. This should then give your players more realistic squad numbers. Your subs will just be numbered from 13-19 in the order that they are placed. So sub 1 will be 13, 2-14 and so on.

my cb still has 3 and cm has number 9, all I want is si to make it so I can give numbers to the players for every international game

my cb still has 3 and cm has number 9, all I want is si to make it so I can give numbers to the players for every international game

Its not perfect I know but the game reads the positions from right to left. So im assuming you have:

GK - 1

RB - 2

CB - 3

CB - 4

CB - 5

LB - 6

CM/RM - 7

CM - 8

CM/LM - 9

ST - 10

ST - 11

?

Its not perfect I know but the game reads the positions from right to left. So im assuming you have:

GK - 1

RB - 2

CB - 3

CB - 4

CB - 5

LB - 6

CM/RM - 7

CM - 8

CM/LM - 9

ST - 10

ST - 11

?

no I have;

GK - 1

RB - 2

CB - 4

CB - 3

CB - 5

LB - 6

CM/RM - 8

CM - 7

CM/LM - 9

ST - 10

ST - 11

doesnt seem to make sense

Whilst I understand you want some realism, I don't see how this effects the playing of the game in any way. Plenty strikers don't wear 9 or 10.

what numbers do the england starting 11 stikers wear??? and does one of the cbs wear the number 3?? I would like to have the option in fm12 to choose the numbers, isnt that fair??

Yeah I went to that but my point is can si please give me the option to assign numbers to players for each international fixture

And that takes the enjoyment out of the game...........errr are you serious!! As long as you can select numbers for qualifiers etc then this is nothing! Auto select by the cpu for friendlies................I see no problem!

worst rant ever. Half your rant was about the Bugs which you never took time to explain and then you said these bugs are fixed. Why mention these fixed bugs in the first place and something as minimal as shirt numbers in International matches ? now that's hardly going to totally ruin your FM2011 gaming

A default 4-4-2 doesn't give left midfield 11 nor does it give the strikers 9 and 10... When my team play friendlies, my strikers wear 11 and 6, my left winger wears 10 and my rcm wears 9....

and it annoys the hell out of me too because, like the OP said, you CAN'T change it anymore!!! :mad:

Archived