Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

So you are happy for the club to just have no manager for the majority of summer when most around us will be strengthening? If what Ian Ayre has said that even had we won the FA cup it wouldn't have been enough is true, why not start appointing a manager before the end of the season? It makes no sense.

Of course Kenny acted dignified until the end, the man is pure class. You only have to look at his families reactions on Twitter to see they weren't happy about it. He even refused a pay off an said use it on transfers, of course he won't come out and criticise the club it isn't his way.

Wow, you really havent a clue. Would love to spend 5 minutes in your world.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Explain please? He really isnt a classy gentleman, you did see him on TV this year didnt you?

Can't be bothered to explain to you. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Research Dalglish and you will find out why he has such contempt for the press.

Also that SOS letter is old news was sent a few days ago and is what I was reffering to in my first statement saying I'm glad they are around.

Here is a copy of the letter:

Dear Mr Werner, Mr Henry and Mr Ayre

We are writing to you as we are concerned about the current situation that our football club finds itself in. It is a time of worry for supporters, not just because of the huge changes and the transformation that is happening in such a short time frame but the manner in which it is happening.

It may be that yourselves and the board of Liverpool Football Club have a vision you are working towards. It may be that you have implemented a strategy to deliver that vision and decisions are being made to work towards this. However, from the outside where supporters find themselves once again, it looks like a football club in disarray. Confusion and chaos seems to reign and no one is coming out of this with much credit, particularly the football club’s image and brand.

We need clear and pro-active communication, a confident message about the club’s plans that breeds confidence amongst supporters that we are moving in the right direction. Instead, we have silence and a lack of information or understanding on decisions being made.

Today we find ourselves with key positions at the football club vacant. Most notably, the position of Manager and the lack of a footballing man on the board. There has been much speculation, along with emails sent to supporters groups, on who is providing advice to yourselves. It may well be the case that this is speculation; however, it is understandable that there is speculation given the lack of clarity and information on who is deciding on matters, why and the timing of them.

We have seen both Damien Comolli and Kenny Dalglish removed from their positions, and the search for replacements is still ongoing. We do know that conversations have been held with individuals mentioned in today's rumours about the football staff and those who have held these positions.

Mr Ayre has said today:

"I can tell you categorically that Alan Kayll and Paul Tompkins have had no input on the manager or anything else for that matter. I've seen a lot of that stuff being suggested and it's nonsense."

This is encouraging as it is the firm belief of Spirit Of Shankly that footballing decisions should be made by footballing men who are appropriately qualified. We know all too well of the mistakes that follow if this simple mantra is not adhered to.

Are suitably qualified individuals making these decisions?

Today, Ian Ayre gave an interview, talking about the removal of Kenny Dalglish as manager, in which he stated that “Winning the FA Cup wouldn’t have made any difference – it was never about an individual result. It was always about taking a review of the season in full."

As supporters, we have always believed in the quote from Bill Shankly that “Liverpool Football club exists not to make money, it exists to win trophies and be a source of pride for its supporters. It serves no other purpose.”.

To supporters, this is of massive importance. We know that success in football requires money. However, the quote from Ian Ayre would lead us to believe that our focus is no longer on winning trophies but making money. In a season that has seen us end with one trophy out of the three available and narrowly miss out on a second, it is somewhat disrespectful to suggest to supporters that winning another trophy would not be good enough. It is also contradictory to what Ian Ayre himself said earlier in the month: “Anyone who was at the Carling Cup final or the semi-final against Everton will tell you that’s what being a Liverpool fan is all about. It might not have the biggest prize money or the biggest status, but it’s fantastic. You go to watch a football team every week because you want them to be successful and win things. John and Tom will be there on Saturday. That’s why you buy sports teams – to watch them compete for trophies”. Ian Ayre, May 2012.

Is it now the strategy of Liverpool FC to place greater importance upon generating revenues above winning trophies?

Today, communication and leadership is vital. As supporters we have seen all too clearly what a lack of communication from absentee owners leads to. There has been very limited dialogue through the Supporters Committee which is still in its infancy, but this has been mainly used by the club to get messages out, rather than the dialogue promised with supporters at the time of your takeover. At a time when a clear message is needed, it is somewhat embarrassing for supporters and the football club to see Twitter messages on who supporters think should be the next manager. We are Liverpool FC. We are better than that.

Ultimately, supporters remain in the dark once again about the plans for this football club moving forward. We find ourselves experiencing déjà vu, where boardroom decisions lead to more questions than they answer. If we all want to pull in the same direction, transparency is needed. As supporters we often offer blind devotion to our football team. Due to our history, we do not afford the same luxury to the football club. It is equally as important for you to trust in supporters, so that we can work together for the betterment of the football club, as it is for us to trust in you.

We ask that you speak with supporters – engage with a true representative cross section of supporters and work with supporters to provide solutions to our current problems. This will enable communication with supporters to take place in an open and accountable manner.

Hopefully hear from you soon.

Spirit Of Shankly

Didn't he have the best win percentage since Ramsey or something? They were beaten by a very good German side, if Lampard's goal had have stood that could have been a very different game. I don't support England so I can't comment too much but from the outside he seemed to do an ok job. Germany just exploited Terry and Upson very well as well as pulling the midfield out of position with their great movement. England's average players got made to look exactly that by far superior ones.

Much higher win percentage than any other England manager. Considering that was his first job in international management, that's class. He's my favourite of the candidates currently in the picture. I would love him to remind all the English fans of how good a manager he is.

Much higher win percentage than any other England manager. Considering that was his first job in international management, that's class. He's my favourite of the candidates currently in the picture. I would love him to remind all the English fans of how good a manager he is.

Yeah thought I'd heard something like that, maybe Ramsey was second. I would definitely like to have him here. I think he would command respect from the players and most fans would definitely give him a chance. Never know how well he might do either!

that letter is a bit **** really. especially the bit about dalglish. most in here were already saying they'd hope an FA cup win wouldnt paper over the cracks of what was a truly shocking league campaign and it just looks like a typical rawk point of view burying their head in the sand at the first sign of criticism. no mention of the suarez debacle, nor kenny making us a laughing stock on the pitch aswell, along with ******* £60m up the wall last summer, only 6 wins at home, lowest points total etc etc etc... sacking kenny was 100% the correct decision.

but none of that was kennys fault to them and their narrow-mindedness over things must make them look embarrassing to fsg. yes money is a major factor in how successful clubs are these days and they both go hand in hand with each other (like it or not). we've already had the 2 biggest sponsorship deals in our history since they took over and whats best for this club is getting the revenue from CL on top of every other revenue stream both on and off the pitch.

wouldnt be surprised if fsg reassured them with a condescending pat on the head after reading that cos that what it deserves. it would have been better for them to put a clear and concise 1 or 2 sentence question to them asking them to clarify what their plans are for the immediate future as right now we the fans are in limbo. everything else in there is just nonsense.

that letter is a bit **** really. especially the bit about dalglish. most in here were already saying they'd hope an FA cup win wouldnt paper over the cracks of what was a truly shocking league campaign and it just looks like a typical rawk point of view burying their head in the sand at the first sign of criticism. no mention of the suarez debacle, nor kenny making us a laughing stock on the pitch aswell, along with ******* £60m up the wall last summer, only 6 wins at home, lowest points total etc etc etc... sacking kenny was 100% the correct decision.

but none of that was kennys fault to them and their narrow-mindedness over things must make them look embarrassing to fsg. yes money is a major factor in how successful clubs are these days and they both go hand in hand with each other (like it or not). we've already had the 2 biggest sponsorship deals in our history since they took over and whats best for this club is getting the revenue from CL on top of every other revenue stream both on and off the pitch.

wouldnt be surprised if fsg reassured them with a condescending pat on the head after reading that cos that what it deserves. it would have been better for them to put a clear and concise 1 or 2 sentence question to them asking them to clarify what their plans are for the immediate future as right now we the fans are in limbo. everything else in there is just nonsense.

Have you ever thought that the people on here might be in the minority? I literally haven't met one person who wanted him out yet.

Also that's another reason I'm unhappy with FSG, it shouldn't have been left to just Kenny when the whole Suarez issue was going on. He is a manager and from the outside it looks like he had no support from people above him at the club.

Have you ever thought that the people on here might be in the minority? I literally haven't met one person who wanted him out yet.

Also that's another reason I'm unhappy with FSG, it shouldn't have been left to just Kenny when the whole Suarez issue was going on. He is a manager and from the outside it looks like he had no support from people above him at the club.

living in the city i'd say no, ive met plenty of people who didnt think he was good enough, he wasnt. sure there are loads who wanted him to stay but i'd still estimate it was at best 60/40 in favour of him going at the time and it always boils down to the same things, namely over sentimentality thinking kenny was the 2nd coming without being able to clearly look at the situation objectively and analyse things without their emotions clouding their judgement and if it really was 100% in kennys favour there would have been riots by now. i think everyones accepted, maybe reluctantly, that it was the right decision in the end.

i do agree to an extent tho that kenny was let down by the pr people but surely he should have known better himself at some point and he came across totally clueless in the end.

living in the city i'd say no, ive met plenty of people who didnt think he was good enough, he wasnt. sure there are loads who wanted him to stay but i'd still estimate it was at best 60/40 in favour of him going at the time and it always boils down to the same things, namely over sentimentality thinking kenny was the 2nd coming without being able to clearly look at the situation objectively and analyse things without their emotions clouding their judgement and if it really was 100% in kennys favour there would have been riots by now. i think everyones accepted, maybe reluctantly, that it was the right decision in the end.

i do agree to an extent tho that kenny was let down by the pr people but surely he should have known better himself at some point and he came across totally clueless in the end.

Fair enough, from the people I speak to it's 100% Kenny but he's gone now so just need to back the new manager whoever he may be.

my despise for sos grows after reading that letter. they really need to back off & trust FSG to get on with there job, personally I'm more than happy with everything they have done so far. The only mistake was letting Dalglish blow best part of £100m on dross, cant fault the fact they put the money up maybe they were naive in thinking that Kenny had any sort of clue about modern day football. I don't buy this Kenny would of turned it round next season, absolutely no evidence of that on the run we have been on since Jan when we showed relegation form.

Yet had one of the lowest tournament win %'s. The stat is meaningless.

my despise for sos grows after reading that letter. they really need to back off & trust FSG to get on with there job, personally I'm more than happy with everything they have done so far. The only mistake was letting Dalglish blow best part of £100m on dross, cant fault the fact they put the money up maybe they were naive in thinking that Kenny had any sort of clue about modern day football. I don't buy this Kenny would of turned it round next season, absolutely no evidence of that on the run we have been on since Jan when we showed relegation form.

Aside from the Kenny situation which I disagree with you on. How are you more than happy with everything they have done? We have no manager, no DOF, no head of PR, no CEO. We have over paid for almost every player signed since they took over. Most appointments THEY made have been sacked already. No news on the stadium despite them being here for a long time now.

The only thing they have done well so far in my opinion is increase the commercial revenue.

Dalglish got £6 million by the way for being sacked, he didn't turn it down and say to the board I don't want the money I rather you spend it on players that was twitter bullocks. Liverpool have risen in the most valuable brand table. We are higher than our league position ;)

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=1811/title=manchester+united+remain+world%26%23039%3Bs+most+valuable+football+brand

Dalglish got £6 million by the way for being sacked, he didn't turn it down and say to the board I don't want the money I rather you spend it on players that was twitter bullocks. Liverpool have risen in the most valuable brand table. We are higher than our league position ;)

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=1811/title=manchester+united+remain+world%26%23039%3Bs+most+valuable+football+brand

Who confirmed it? Not saying I don't believe you btw just haven't seen it anywhere.

Whilst I don't doubt he took a payoff, 6m does seems pretty high. Likely to be as unreliable as the rumour that he took nothing.

So you are happy for the club to just have no manager for the majority of summer when most around us will be strengthening? If what Ian Ayre has said that even had we won the FA cup it wouldn't have been enough is true, why not start appointing a manager before the end of the season? It makes no sense.

Of course Kenny acted dignified until the end, the man is pure class. You only have to look at his families reactions on Twitter to see they weren't happy about it. He even refused a pay off an said use it on transfers, of course he won't come out and criticise the club it isn't his way.

Was he pure class when he got snotty with the media on a regular basis, to the point I had to avoid any media interaction or watch through my fingers in despair? Can you also explain how they were disrespectful in how they got rid of Dalglish?

Was he pure class when he got snotty with the media on a regular basis, to the point I had to avoid any media interaction or watch through my fingers in despair? Can you also explain how they were disrespectful in how they got rid of Dalglish?

Again I made the point earlier Dalglish has always been like this to the press and with good reason do some research.

Well Ayre's quotes saying even if he won the FA cup etc... basically belittled his achievements. They flew him out sacked him then he had to fly back and it was announced a day later without any of them in Liverpool. I just think with it being Kenny (and yes this bit is sentimental) they should have made a lot more effort personally.

Aside from the Kenny situation which I disagree with you on. How are you more than happy with everything they have done? We have no manager, no DOF, no head of PR, no CEO. We have over paid for almost every player signed since they took over. Most appointments THEY made have been sacked already. No news on the stadium despite them being here for a long time now.

The only thing they have done well so far in my opinion is increase the commercial revenue.

Your right when you say we overpaid for players, thats one of the reason's Camoli was given the boot, forget the names, Dalglish was judged on the 100 mill he blew on players, unfortunately 2 of them are to young to make a massive differance in their first season..

I'm not sure whwat job the DOF. PR and CEO done but they obviously had different ideas to FSG..

We all readyt know we havn't got much money to spend and getting a new stadia or a ground that can hold 60000 + is what we need just to match the likes of Arsenal in revenue..

In terms of the squad i dont actually think we need to spend that much. Every one in the game seems to think Martinez is going to be one of the best managers in Europe soon, look what Di Matteo has done at Chelsea since the sacking of AVB, i personaly think Martinez will bring a fresh modern approach to Liverpool and that's what we need. We have to stop living in the past and get with the present fast or get left behind..

i will make a bold prediction, if we appoint Martinez, in 3 or 4 years time after he work wonder with Liverpool you will have the likes of Madrid or barca come after him..

I think at Liverpool we need to get staff right first starting from the PR, DOF and the CEO, we need to be better in all areas not just higher than 8th.. we need to generate cash like a well run business if not the club runs the risk of getting in DEBt and we dont wanna end up like Leeds..

The future is going to be different from the 70's and 80's and it's going to be a long slow hard slog but we will get there and keep the club solant at the same time..

have faith..

Can't be bothered to explain to you. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Research Dalglish and you will find out why he has such contempt for the press.

Also that SOS letter is old news was sent a few days ago and is what I was reffering to in my first statement saying I'm glad they are around.

Here is a copy of the letter:

<SNIP>

Hopefully hear from you soon.

Spirit Of Shankly

And THIS is precisely why SOS are laughable.

Aside from the Kenny situation which I disagree with you on. How are you more than happy with everything they have done?

We have no manager - its not been a week yet how about mentalists like you take a chill pill & let them get on with the job. they don't want to rush into it & realise its an important appointment.

no DOF - since when has this been a pre requisite to be successful. DC was pretty much the first DOF we have ever had. again relax & let them go about there business.

no head of PR- most sensible thing they did was sack that Muppet it was laughable the PR over the suarez & the way kenny behaved in front of the media. As for all of the positions its moving into close season plenty of time to make an appointment. More important to make the right decision rather than rush into something just top appease people like you.

no CEO - these are not just clowns who have walked of the streets they know how to run sports businesses. I'm pretty sure they have got this one covered between themselves.

We have over paid for almost every player signed since they took over. - have to plant that particular nugget at Kenny's door along with DC.

Most appointments THEY made have been sacked already - which is exactly why they need to take time to now make the correct ones

No news on the stadium despite them being here for a long time now - just because they have not announced anything does not mean that work is not progressing.

Again I made the point earlier Dalglish has always been like this to the press and with good reason do some research.

Well Ayre's quotes saying even if he won the FA cup etc... basically belittled his achievements. They flew him out sacked him then he had to fly back and it was announced a day later without any of them in Liverpool. I just think with it being Kenny (and yes this bit is sentimental) they should have made a lot more effort personally.

Dont be so patronising. I am fully aware of his issues in the past with the media, but that doesnt excuse making every media interaction as cringeworthy as possible to the point we were a laughing stock. By the end of his regime even I watched, just in case the next faux-pas arrived.

Your second paragraph is completely as you state it, and reinforces your opinion on the matter from first light on this topic - all youve got is sentimentality. I cant imagine any other business whereby a person lower on the ladder would be pandered to by the actual owners, who risk their financial wellbeing on the company. Disrespect would have been dropping him an email, not offering him a personal meeting, regardless of where it was. Its just utopian dreaming, as is the point about winning the FA Cup. Winning one more match this season shouldnt have changed the outcome for Kenny.

Do people actually think Dalglish negotiated on price? This isnt FM!!! The CEO point is that there should be one in this country running the club day to day. They should also have had experience in football before, if this was the case we wouldn't have over paid as much as we did.

DOF - Stated by FSG that thats the system they want to run, well they messed that one up too and still haven't corrected it.

People are getting the wrong end of the stick here, I want FSG to be a success I really do. I don't doubt that they can be. But I am happy that SOS are asking the questions because in my opinion they need asking. It's my personal opinion that FSG know they have underpaid for the club, they want to keep costs low now that they have seen how difficult it is to break into the top 4. Whilst doing this they will try and increase the commercial revenue and within 5 years look to sell the club for profit. That is how I predict things will go. But as I say I am more than willing for them to prove me wrong and I hope they do.

No head of communications? ****ing hell! How will we cope?!

Again you're looking at it individually, look at the picture as a whole. There are a lot of positions in the club that need filling. They can't expect everything to just click together perfectly. I was quite pleased when they showed their ruthlesness getting rid of Comolli but to get rid of so many and still after all this time not have a CEO is strange.

Do people actually think Dalglish negotiated on price? This isnt FM!!! The CEO point is that there should be one in this country running the club day to day. They should also have had experience in football before, if this was the case we wouldn't have over paid as much as we did.

DOF - Stated by FSG that thats the system they want to run, well they messed that one up too and still haven't corrected it.

People are getting the wrong end of the stick here, I want FSG to be a success I really do. I don't doubt that they can be. But I am happy that SOS are asking the questions because in my opinion they need asking. It's my personal opinion that FSG know they have underpaid for the club, they want to keep costs low now that they have seen how difficult it is to break into the top 4. Whilst doing this they will try and increase the commercial revenue and within 5 years look to sell the club for profit. That is how I predict things will go. But as I say I am more than willing for them to prove me wrong and I hope they do.

You really dont think that, in the absence of a suitable CEO, Kenny couldnt have vetoed these magnificently overpriced transfer? Youre living in a fantasy land if you believe that blame can be apportioned elsewhere aside from Kenny, and possibly the already fired Commolli, particularly given Dalglish previously admitted he was running the transfers?

Are you honestly happy to see letters like the above land on the desk of business professionals? Its embarrassing. It really is. Its also just finding anything to make a complaint about where there is simply no need to make a complaint and one has to question who sanctioned such an ill thought out letter. If thats the standard of SOS then I wish they would rethink their strategy.

Your prediction, as happy as I am to accept an opinion, is far too cynical to take any notice of. You say that FSG underpaid for the club, but they also cleared a massive amount of debt that was left by the last regime. You also state they wished to keep costs low - if that were true why did they spend £100M on transfers? Why do the owners have to explain themselves to fans who write letters like the above? Was it not so long ago we all were happy with the clubs attitude of running things behind closed doors?

An even bigger joke is saying how Dalglish has been a gentleman all this while, especially in giving interviews.

When he first took on the job, it was a breath of fresh air, the jokes and banter and all. Maybe when he was doing well...

However as the new season went on, you could just see how he started crumbling, becoming more rude, and irritated, and in alot of cases it wasn't even the reporters fault

You really dont think that, in the absence of a suitable CEO, Kenny couldnt have vetoed these magnificently overpriced transfer? Youre living in a fantasy land if you believe that blame can be apportioned elsewhere aside from Kenny, and possibly the already fired Commolli, particularly given Dalglish previously admitted he was running the transfers?

Are you honestly happy to see letters like the above land on the desk of business professionals? Its embarrassing. It really is. Its also just finding anything to make a complaint about where there is simply no need to make a complaint and one has to question who sanctioned such an ill thought out letter. If thats the standard of SOS then I wish they would rethink their strategy.

Your prediction, as happy as I am to accept an opinion, is far too cynical to take any notice of. You say that FSG underpaid for the club, but they also cleared a massive amount of debt that was left by the last regime. You also state they wished to keep costs low - if that were true why did they spend £100M on transfers? Why do the owners have to explain themselves to fans who write letters like the above? Was it not so long ago we all were happy with the clubs attitude of running things behind closed doors?

Yes we were until H&G then everything changed. Maybe Kenny could have stated the transfers were over priced but again not really his job.

I said that they I think they will now look to keep costs low since they have realised the difficulty of breaking into the top 4.

The letter may not be the best in the world, but the lads running SOS are just normal fellas who love LFC. None of them are high end business men as far as I'm aware. I don't think the quality of the letter should be judged too much more the sentiment behind it.

FSG paid £300m for the club. They know if they get back into the top 4 it will be worth considerably more than that when coupled with the fact that our commercial revenue already makes up for a large amount of the missed CL revenue. They will also likely grow the brand in the US adding further value. This could be achieved in the relative short term allowing for them to have made a reasonable return on their initial investment in a relatively short time That is where my opinion has been formed from.

Yes we were until H&G then everything changed. Maybe Kenny could have stated the transfers were over priced but again not really his job.

I said that they I think they will now look to keep costs low since they have realised the difficulty of breaking into the top 4.

The letter may not be the best in the world, but the lads running SOS are just normal fellas who love LFC. None of them are high end business men as far as I'm aware. I don't think the quality of the letter should be judged too much more the sentiment behind it.

FSG paid £300m for the club. They know if they get back into the top 4 it will be worth considerably more than that when coupled with the fact that our commercial revenue already makes up for a large amount of the missed CL revenue. They will also likely grow the brand in the US adding further value. This could be achieved in the relative short term allowing for them to have made a reasonable return on their initial investment in a relatively short time That is where my opinion has been formed from.

Its not his job to ensure the club is getting the best players at a good value for money? Its not his job to ensure that the money he is given to buy players is used to buy as many quality players as possible? You are pulling my leg here, right?

Your point about SOS sums it up so so well. That is exactly what they are, and thats not a sleight, but they really need to realise what their limitations are. They should not be representative for the fanbase, nor should they have any input into the running of the club simply because, as you so aptly put it, they are just "normal fellas, none of them high end business men". The sentiment behind it is questionable in any case - what exactly are they wanting to acheive? A patronising pat on the head?

At the time FSG bought us we were loaded with debt, had a notoriously bad commerical arm and werent in the champions league meaning that our revenues were terrible. Even Utd have recently only been valued at about £800M, and thats with more constant and lucrative revenue streams in place long term. The price was fair and was in line with the market at the time, otherwise it wouldnt have went through. The most amusing point of that final paragraph is your critical tone used when you describe the "audacity" of FSG to want to improve the revenue streams of the club. I mean, how dare they even consider that? :D Would you rather they did nothing and we lagged even further behind every other club in financial terms?

So now Dalglish has NO say on price of players?

He just went - Ok, I want Andy Carroll at any price now. I don't care if we blow our entire budget on him

What you have to realise, with a director of football ie Damian Camoli, Dalglish tells him who he wants and then it's left to DC to negotiate the best possible deal, thats why ulimately Dc got the boot for over paying on players that just havn't deliverd and ultimately kenny's job too..

If you ask me i think the board made there mind up well before the seaosn ended they was going to let KK go, he just havn't conducted himself well in the media alone. i honestly think had he came across a bit better in the media he may still of had a job..

So they scak a manager and then IA comes out and praise KK to the hilt.? that seems a bit hipocritical to me.. he's 61 and was never going to replicate the years of Shankly, football has moved on and money talks , the bottom line is we dont have alot to throw around..

i cant beleive people are starting to slate FSG, sacking KK was the right move, and the interview process is the right move, on the down side they shouldn't list publicaly who they want or who they are going to interview, they should discuss in private who they want and then for that man, if that fails they should then turn to the next person on the list...

Personaly i dont want AVB i would rather have RM, other than that RB can also come back.. it's not what we thin, it's who the board think will take the club to where they want in the way they want, and basiclly they dont know hence all the interviews, they are trying to get it right this time.

someone said it's taking ot long, if we get the right man, to finish higher than 8th, we dont really need to sign anyone this summer, just keep what we have got and then see where we are lacking come exmas, Liverpool are capable of buying players wit out a manager, the clubs other coaching staff arnt sitting on there hands...

No simply put it isn't his job, he will suggest players others deal with the costs.

Well it's not your decision as to whether they should be representative of the fans, its the entire fan base. Over 10,000 members and a reach of over 50,000 on social media sites suggests that a good chunk of our fans do want them to be our voice.

Again trying to twist my words with your summary of my final paragraph, I'm made up they are increasing the revenue obviously. I just think they will use it for a short term gain that is my point. But don't let that stop you trying to rubbish everything in the post.

No simply put it isn't his job, he will suggest players others deal with the costs.

Well it's not your decision as to whether they should be representative of the fans, its the entire fan base. Over 10,000 members and a reach of over 50,000 on social media sites suggests that a good chunk of our fans do want them to be our voice.

Again trying to twist my words with your summary of my final paragraph, I'm made up they are increasing the revenue obviously. I just think they will use it for a short term gain that is my point. But don't let that stop you trying to rubbish everything in the post.

It isnt my decision, but I would much prefer SOS not to be the link if they are as unprofessional and myopic as that letter suggests.

As for your last point, I can only rubbish things that arent right to begin with. You tried to state that FSG bought the club on the cheap - not strictly true. You also did have a tone that was very critical of the idea of enhancing revenue streams, which is just downright odd. Regardless of whether they do it for long term or short term gains, being in a position to earn more money can only benefit the club. It is not a case of the club losing out just because they owners may not want to have the club for the next 50 years. Myopic to the maximum.

Archived