Who Is Your Oldest Player?

Jo Tessem 38 and player/assistant manager for my Vauxhall Motors side. scored 14 goals from the right wing this season and we are 6 points clear at the top with 6 games to play - hoping for a promotion party tonight :-)

Jo Tessem 38 and player/assistant manager for my Vauxhall Motors side. scored 14 goals from the right wing this season and we are 6 points clear at the top with 6 games to play - hoping for a promotion party tonight :-)

That's the kind of answer I wanted :D Impressive haul from him.

Patrick Zwaanswijk on the scoresheet again :cool: His defending has become a bit more erratic though, and now he has a serious challenger in the form of a 6'7" monster of a 21 year old who can use his left foot. He's basically what Zwannswijk was 18 years ago.

I just don't have it in me to drop Zwaanswijk though.

FM09 David Beckham was my oldest retired at 41 he was still banging them in for my Inter side and was still playing for England I was gutted when he retired he still easily had another year or two in him.

I tried to get him to reconsider but he declined he went on to be my coach then assistant before becoming a manager himself.

When possible I try to balance my team with young and old players. I usually play a young rising star next to a more experienced players, and that goes for defense, midfield and offense. My regular starting 11 at Sampdoria probably got an average age of 26-27 with at least one 30+ player in each category. My backup players and subs are usually U21 players. Without having an amazing team, barely got the quality of a top 10 team in Italy we got 2 league title, seems we got a chance for a third and one champions league title in the almost 4 seasons I have been there.

Previously I have been very much like what seems to be the majority of people here and sold any players closing in on 30 and very often had the problem of keeping consitency in performance and very often seen total collapses in big games. I don't know if the game take experience into account but to me it seems like it.

In my Boston UTD game (first season) my oldest player at the moment is a 33 yo DR I signed on a free.

Have a 39 year old Nigerian Striker in my BSS Durham City side; scored 10 last season, hoping to get that and more this season to come

Sylvain Distin now 36, still plays the odd game and also a youth coach

Tim Howard 34, good tutor, but very much a bench warmer, still plays quite well

Wes Brown 34, another emergency nowadays will probably let him go at the end of my current season

Tim Cahill 34, tutor, youth coach, was still playing quite regularly but now has a broken toe

Leon Osman 32, another that will depart at the end of this season, his physical stats plummeting fast, I like him though so maybe a coaching role

I don't like having old players. My current oldest is a 29 year old striker. He'll be leaving at the end of the season, as I should still be able to get about £60m for him. I don't want to keep paying him £100k/week once he's past 30, especially as I have a 22 year old ready to take his place.

No one in my entire game is over the age of 40 right now. My oldest player is a 33-year old Austrian regen, Markus Huber, who I signed on a free transfer last summer. He's been solid as a backup DM, with a 6.89 average rating in 19 Premier League games for my Bath City.

Archived