Sacked for NO REASON

Not as bad as yours, I got sacked fifth season from Sunderland, after winning my first three games of the season and I wasn't even given a reason. Also signed a contract a few weeks before I got sacked.

Hello.

Further to my comments earlier in the post.

I edited my contract to give me a 1 year deal and when that ran out i was then offered another contract and was able to sign a 3 year contract.

Have played for 18 months game time after editing contract so appears to have solved this problem.

• Administrators
no, no ,no. These are lazy comparisons guys. Very lazy. Derby would not sack a manager after he's taken them from total mediocrity to champions league football, AFTER they gave him a new deal. Please, no justifying.

Brian Clough says hello as he was forced out by Derby after doing exactly that ;)

Just out of curiosity as this kinda relates to the post.

When you resign from a club can you give a reason why? Ive never done it in this fm, but would be a nice feature to add.

Like Manager resigns from club as seeks a new challenge etc.

I just spent the last 3 months developing and growing Derby County into a top tier premier league team... I love the game and have played it a lot. It has been 7 seasons, and I have them toward the top of the Premier League, including qualifying for Champions League. The board loves me, our finances are strong, I have developed good youth and made smart purchases and sold players to keep my wage bill down. I finally qualified for Champions League and was offered a new contract for 44K per week which I accepted. After qualifying for the group stages, i was suddenly SACKED for absolutely no reason at all, except that they want a "fresh approach."

Can someone explain this to me? I reloaded the game and the most recent save I had was an entire year earlier... considering how much time I had spent on the club I decided to replay it. So I did, and barely missed CL. I then set my league expectations lower, sold different players, got a new contract, qualified for Euro league group stages, won my first 5 games (top of the table) and got sacked again on the same day.

SO... I was going to be sacked on that day (sept 15-16) no matter WHAT i did or how successful I was, all without any warning or indication that i was failing in any way. in fact, i was a huge success and was constantly the "name on everyones lips" (frikin bs). so i ask... WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS GAME? why even try to build something if i could just be sacked for no reason at all with no warning?

Has this happened to other people? is this simply a glitch in the game? how can the developers allow this kind of glitch? I am extremely irritated and am never going to waste my time on this piece of garbage again.

Have you patched your game out of interest?

All these posts and I'm surprised no-one has pointed out the probable reason why it happened.

There were reports in earlier versions of this happening when high profile managers declared an interest in taking over at your club, this would typically occur when you were in the last season of your contract and there was media speculation as to whether you would stay or move on with possible alternate managers who might takeover.

It was toned down I believe in the latest patch but there is still the possibility of it happening especially I would say if your rep is quite low when compared to the club/league rep.

• 3 months later...

The same happened to me...4 and a bit seasons with Leeds United, took them from an average Championship team to 2nd in the PL and won the euro cup 2 years running, FA cup once and supercup twice. Qualified for CL and was set to get out of the group...but then every time I played ManUtd (7-8th league game) i was sacked, even after thrashing them! I was challenging at the top of the league and in all comps. Job status was very secure and finances very good. great squad and my youth teams were full of promising players, so everything was going really well basically as with the Derby Utd game above.

Sounds like a glitch to me, the club went through a takeover in about the 3rd year but i had just signed a new contract (deliberately at only 25k to give myslef more wages for team) and i had even literally just before rejected an approach from arsenal, been praised by the board only to be sacked the next game! Massive pisstake and waste of time/

I do have a solution though: just after youre sacked, wait until your old team hires their new manager. then add new user as your old team and immediately retire so that the club are managerless once more. apply for the job and they'll take you back! Ridiculous! Gets you your team back but you lose all your reputation with the board and feels a bit like starting over.

anyway hope this helps.

I had this happen on my Barcelona save (yeah yeah, no challenge blah blah :p)

I got to season 2015-2016 and got sacked for "a fresh approach". Don't really understand this and was instantly offered the Spurs job after being sacked, so took it and signed the youngsters i'd got for Barca.

Thank You for the help! You guys are all very very kind. I will try this today when I get off work and hopefully retrieve something. Fortunately... knowing I was going to be sacked in exactly a week, i did save my game. After getting sacked again I just quit without saving. Would it be possible to edit OUT my chairman? :)

i use FMRTE and i think you can't edit out the chairman but you can change his stats. You can change his patience to 20 so if you're on a bad run of results he won't sack you.

thanks for the responses everyone... for the record i was not a sacked because of a new owner... a few years earlier a new owner came in and he considered sacking me but they decided to stick with me. If i had been sacked at that point it would make sense I would not have felt cheated, I would have been upset but not like this.

Mark Hughes any one? Just that it took your owners longer, Newcastle united? Chris Hughton? see what I'm getting at, these things happen!

Had a similar thing happen to me in CM 03/04... I'd made Rotherham into a Man Utd-esque powerhouse, after about 14 seasons I had some kind of argument with a reserve team player who was a bit of a big time charlie. Next day I was sacked :confused: quite unrealistic I thought, but regardless took control of Newcastle who were in the relegation places at the time and took great pleasure in dethroning Rotherham a couple of seasons later.... am still slightly bitter about it to this day, though :D

Mark Hughes any one? Just that it took your owners longer, Newcastle united? Chris Hughton? see what I'm getting at, these things happen!

Mark Hughes was sacked after 2 wins in 11 for an ambitious team who wanted more.

As for Chris Hughton, Mike Ashley is an anomaly to the rule. Pretty much every Chairman is more logical than Ashley.

Although it's a bump, the OP's situation feels unreal because there was nothing "stale" about the OP's situation - in the short-, medium- and long-term, the club is going places with this manager. Why would they want a "change in direction"? In that case, the new direction would surely be "downwards"!

Tangentially, it speaks of a lack of interaction, goal-setting and long-term planning by the board with the manager.

Vicente Del Bosque, Fabio Capello. What do they have in common? Both sacked after winning leagues.

Ultimately you are going to rage either way so all I will suggest is your club got bought over and the new owners wanted their own boss in charge.

least it happens in real life

George Burely was sacked as Hearts manager when they were top of the league and flying because of a board room disagreement, Jim Jeffries was also sacked despite taking Hearts to their highest possible league spot of third last season.

Hadn't Hearts not won in 10 matches under Jefferies?

Hadn't Hearts not won in 10 matches under Jefferies?

yes they finished the previous season poorly, but they didnt lose all 10, plus they started this season well, a good draw away to Rangers when they should have won and then a draw at home, not exactly terrible form. Romanov is a nut case tho so its prob not the best example

All the examples are not about managers how have offered this much in a team. Cappelo or Del Bosque didn't take a lower division team to the CL, only to get sacked without warning.

And even if we consider these "sudden" sacks as defensive arguments, we all know that they happened because there were problems or disagreements between the manager and the board that weren't revealed in the press.

I can't believe people are defending this.

But then again, these forums are always defending the game by offering as argument of something that happened 30 or 40 years ago.

It's funny in a sad way.

Archived