Honestly, I am not happy with the ME

Playing Chelsea. Just played at United in a pivotal match. Would be fine with a draw, but not this way.

I start with my 442 with advanced wingers. United play a 442. Take early lead. I am up by 3 in 20 minutes. Now, right there, I shouldn't be losing this game. I play more narrow and drop deeper. No issues.

At the half they change to a 5212. I keep my formation, but clear ball to flanks as they are now wide open for me. I score again! It is 4-0.

All they do is make a sub and switch back to a 442. I do sub out a player at this point b/c he is tired. He only playing as well as everyone else and his sub is very good. Usually starts.

They score in the 66, 79, 83 and 90 minutes for the draw. Absolutely ridiculous. Even for United, that is just not realistic v. Chelsea.

I put this in the tactics section b/c I frankly have seen this kind of thing happen a few times and I don't know what to do. I tried to shut up shop after the 3rd goal but it was too late.

Frankly, I am really having trouble enjoying the game with stuff like this happening too often. I would be happy telling you it is me, but I have been playing this game since '07 and this is by far the version that I see these kinds of runaway trains occurring the most.

Speaking of which. I started with for the fans and used about 3 pick up where you left offs. Halftime, my assman suggested pleased. I didn't have for the fans option (I really don't get why you don't have the option a lot of the time at the half even tho you did at the start), so I went with pleased. I wasn't really comfortable with it because I think that pleased seems to invite disaster (which doesn't ultimately make much sense when you are playing a world class side.) So,I felt like I should at some point be able to be pleased when my side is up 3-0 on the road at Old Trafford. Seems like it made pretty good sense to me. I could have said nothing, I guess. That isn't very realistic. And, we scored another goal in the 64 minute b/f we went on to concede 4. So, I don't see how that could have been my team talk. No one's performance dropped until the 66th minute.

I checked and there was nothing noted except one player looked delighted at the half. Btw, I did sympathize at the end. :D

Lets start by saying the ME has to be able to produce the more unusual things that happen in football, and needs a certain amount of quirkeness for this to happen.

My concerns are that the AI too often use formations like 5212 which are unrealistic (often the AI do not have the players on pitch to play these types of formation) and look like are being used to exploit the ME.

The result produced by the ME does not realistically reflect the players and tactics used on the day but is now being over influenced more by changes of tactics with the AI using 5212 in overload to score 4 goals.

stop complaining about the me obviously if you are 4-0 up just keep the ballplay defensive set your full backs to defend also have your midfield less attacking and waste time if you adjusted correctly you woudnt concede 4 in25 mins

Good point SF.

Although I lost to Arsenal the other day I was pleased that Wenger with tails up carried on attacking me. IMO SI go this spot on.

At home I would carry on with my normal tactic but away with a good lead tend to opt for a SUS.

I sometimes make myself even more attacking, by playing more direct, faster tempo, and even throw on a poacher in these situations, just so I can take advantage of them throwing the kitchen sink at me.

I find that inviting pressure in this game is extremely risky.

I'm curious........

It's perfectly acceptable for you to be up 3-0 inside twenty minutes, but when they score 4 inside 23 minutes the game is broken?

I'm not having a dig, but if you feel that it's that broken, why didn't you query your own 3-0 and 4-0 goals?

Regards

LAM

I'm curious........

It's perfectly acceptable for you to be up 3-0 inside twenty minutes, but when they score 4 inside 23 minutes the game is broken?

I'm not having a dig, but if you feel that it's that broken, why didn't you query your own 3-0 and 4-0 goals?

Regards

LAM

Oh, I was shocked. I didn't think it made a lot of sense. But once that happened, you shouldn't be losing 4 goals starting in the 66 minute almost under any circumstances. You are up by 4. Every player on your side is above 7 and most above 8. Every player is playing with confidence or having a storming match. Every player on their side is either having a poor game or demoralized and is below 7. Most below 6. Then, the light goes on and boom...4 goals.

Basically, I felt there was very little I could do once it started. And, I have experienced this before. That is what is so frustrating.

If you were dominating the match why did you change your tactics?

I played more narrow shortly after the first goal b/c I wasn't completing enough passes. I scored again. I decided to drop a little deeper towards end of the first half b/c they were hitting crazy long balls. I was up 0-3. I scored again with that formation. I only changed to contain when they scored their 3rd goal.

This is my point. I really didn't change a lot and all of a sudden they were going in from every angle. And, there was very little to indicate that this was going to happen.

In retrospect, I feel like I should have just switched to contain right when it was 0-4, but to me that isn't very realistic. Why invite them in and play defense for 25 minutes when they cannot stop you?

your missing the point here...its that never say die united spirit lol....and fergie time of course....

Ha! Welll, I wondered about that. If there is a higher level of difficulty at OT, but Fergie is not the manager...it is Steve Bruce.

Oh, I was shocked. I didn't think it made a lot of sense. But once that happened, you shouldn't be losing 4 goals starting in the 66 minute almost under any circumstances. You are up by 4. Every player on your side is above 7 and most above 8. Every player is playing with confidence or having a storming match. Every player on their side is either having a poor game or demoralized and is below 7. Most below 6. Then, the light goes on and boom...4 goals.

Basically, I felt there was very little I could do once it started. And, I have experienced this before. That is what is so frustrating.

Pretty sure that exact situation happened to Arsenal at Newcastle this season. 4v0 up at half time, absolutely totally cruising. Newcastle looked awful. Who scored the equalizer? From outside the box? Cheik Tiote. Career goals to that point? about 3 in 130.

It's utterly infuriating when that sort of thing happens. But I don't think it's quite as unrealistic as we would like to think. FM suffers from the fact that it isn't real football therefore people conclude very easily that it is unrealistic. There's not much less realistic than reality, but because it's reality we have to accept it ;)

The only thing that bugs me is the goals per conversion rate for AI compared with the human player, wish they would improve this

What is the issue? I had a save on FM10 with FSV Frankfurt, a weak 2.Bundesliga side and I played in a defensive manner. I think over the season I averaged 5 shots per game with a goal average of 1.4 per game. Finished 2nd in the league. I believe this may have something to do with players with low mentalities tend to have a higher chance conversion rate as the chances that are made by defensive sides tend to be more clear cut. Just an observation

Wow if I had that type of conversion rate I would be winning every game 5-0! I find it really inconsistant, for instance one game my strikers will score everything the next they won't, the cpu can pretty much score the majority of its CCC's and it just bugs me that I can't do the same, could just be me but its what happens in my games and a couple of my friends games

The thing is some clear cut chances are more clear cut than others. I played a strict counter attacking game. So any decent chance I got was golden and with a half decent striker up top with a bit of pace set me up nicely. I've seen clear cut chances that really shouldn't be clear cut and some that weren't given as clear cut that were 6 yards out 1 v 1. So it's a bit hard to use that as a good marker

I consider a CCC as one on one just need to slot it past the keeper or from 2 yards out he just needs to put the ball in the net so yeah its pretty frustrating and I personally would have a look at this issue - some people say its because they miss because they don't want too many unrealistic scorelines - in that case they should lower the chance frequency so it creates a less frustrating game

I've seen a couple of clear cut chances where yes it was 1v1 but the player tried to beat the keeper from 30 yards. That cannot be clear cut. I don't see a problem with the chance creation frequency either. A match this season between Sunderland and Blackpool ended in a 2-0 win for Blackpool. Sunderland (reportedly) has 32 attempts on goal. But I'm going to assume that in your case the AI don't have 10 shots and score 6 goals. It would be more like 2 shots 2 goals etc. This can happen and it was the effect I was going for in my FSV Frankfurt save. A defensive mentality appears to improve chances coverted but that could be a simple creation from my imagination but it does seem like that. Could your team be getting complacent, knowing that they are keeping the opposition out and lose concentration? There is bound to be some reason for it

This game sucks man seriously

The only thing that bugs me is the goals per conversion rate for AI compared with the human player, wish they would improve this

This^^ and

How worldclass defenders are defending makes no ****ing sense in this game.

And dont come with its your tactics ********

A.C. Milan - Liverpool 2005 CL Final, anyone? Liverpool was 3-0 down and still managed to win the game. 3-0 down against an Italian team and still winning?! Must be hacks or broken ME.. Oh wait, it was a REAL game!

I understand your frustration but sh*t happens, really.

ME cheats, i have tested this extensivly. Super keepers, injury storm and long shot impossible goals from low skill players happens often. This is done to make fm a more realistic experience and to stop super tactics. Not much you can do about it i am affraid.

Guys god is unfair, I swear he cheats. Injury storms, long shot goals from less skilled players, keepers making impossible saves. Probably just so the top teams don't always win...

See what I did there?

btw. How did you test this and where are the test results? Not trying to attack you just really interested, I can't prove the ME doesn't cheat, if you can prove it does we at least have something to show SI and maybe they will decide to start changing things.

With a team that's considerably inferior on paper to most of my opponents, first season in La Liga with Granada CF, I'm experiencing the exact opposite. My team is the one that tends to have less chances on goal and a better conversion rate. Indeed, against the likes of Real Madrid, most of their efforts are rushed from range, because I'm trying to limit them to snatched chances from distance. The more they pile on the pressure, the more chance I have that when we do get a good counter, there's time and space for my player to apply a good finish. This will also work in equal measure for the AI, if you're throwing everything at them, then leaving yourself open for a good counter attack.

I'd say it's the most common thing people are seeing and especially so if they're using very attacking strategies. You can prepare your side defensively to contain fast breaks by opponents though.

I played more narrow shortly after the first goal b/c I wasn't completing enough passes. I scored again. I decided to drop a little deeper towards end of the first half b/c they were hitting crazy long balls. I was up 0-3. I scored again with that formation. I only changed to contain when they scored their 3rd goal.

This is my point. I really didn't change a lot and all of a sudden they were going in from every angle. And, there was very little to indicate that this was going to happen.

In retrospect, I feel like I should have just switched to contain right when it was 0-4, but to me that isn't very realistic. Why invite them in and play defense for 25 minutes when they cannot stop you?

You can actually use "Contain" or "Defend" and still play a relatively attacking game. It's something I've learned to utilise quite well in the last couple of releases of FM, against some of the best teams and players there are.

It's usually a given that some of the best teams have highly motivated, determined and professional players. Even if there's suggestions through the motivation feedback that there's one or two players who are "nervous" or performing badly, a top team will always attempt to get back into a game.

In addition though, I would ask that had you spotted opposing players suffering low morale or match ratings, even with a more defensive "let's see the game out and frustrate them" approach, did you consider pinpointing these "weak" players for some extra pressure with some savvy use of OI's.

When I think of OI use and opposing players who seem to be struggling, I think of Keiron Gibbs a few years back, playing for Arsenal against Man Utd. He made a couple of errors and lost his head completely. United looked to focus play towards him and put him under even more pressure, every chance they got. The end result was that Wenger took him off at half-time. Essentially, the minute I spot a chance to pile the pressure on a "weak" player, I do so relentlessly.

This game sucks man seriously

How worldclass defenders are defending makes no ****ing sense in this game.

And dont come with its your tactics ********

AI just have to bring the ball to the wingers, wingers dribble like they're Messi round my fullbacks, cross the ball and 4 out of 5 times it's a goal

Ridiculous.

I'm deleting the game again.

I'll just quote something you posted from another thread...

Starting a save with my beloved Arsenal!

Going to play an 22231 (2cb,2wb,2cm,1amc,aml/r,st)

Simply put, if you're playing an extremely attacking system like that, with wing-backs who'll spend more time supporting forward moves, it's no surprise that opposition wide players will likely get bags of space and time to put lethal crosses into the box.

If you spot it happening and do absolutely nothing about it, it is your tactics and it is your fault.

Soccer_Fail.gifsoccer-fail.gifsoccer_kick_fail.gif

You seem to be using downloaded tactics. If you're just sticking with them, have no understanding of why their good or bad and don't make changes during matches, then whilst you may see plenty of things you're happy with, you'll also see things you won't be happy with. It's up to you what you do of course and how you play the game. Be aware though, that there's a lot of the more popular download tactics, which are designed in such a way that the creators are trying there level best to "crack" the match engine and any weakness they think they can find. Therefore when using such tactics, it's inevitable that you'll possibly see more unusual things, simply because you're using a gamey tactic, as opposed to something more logically designed.

Whilst I won't say the game is perfect or that like anything, there's always room for improvement, if you put in a little attention to detail and observe things a little more carefully, you'll be surprised how much control you actually have that can make a pronounced difference.

ME cheats, i have tested this extensivly. Super keepers, injury storm and long shot impossible goals from low skill players happens often. This is done to make fm a more realistic experience and to stop super tactics. Not much you can do about it i am affraid.

And to this, all I have to offer is...

conspiracy.jpg

The way I see it, you make your own luck in life. Same goes for FM. I have encountered times where the opposition have had 1 shot and scored 1 goal but this is a perfectly reasonable and possible thing to happen. Most of my goals that I concede come from corners and crosses. Whilst I could moan about the ME being broken what I did was looked at my tactic and tried to see where I was going wrong. The problem was that my defenders are actually pretty awful in the air and that I was playing a bit too aggressively and being exploited down the flanks. So my full backs now stay put and the only consistent stream of goals I concede are corners (which since I have the smallest team in the league and probably the worst defence, there is little tactically I can do)

Also, the super keeper theory is a bucket load of nonsense. I have seen keepers have exceptional games, one in particular where after 5 games of a network game my keeper had an average rating of 8.6 (mainly due to shoddy tactics). The ME is not against the human players.

Well i still dont understand...why when i gets goals (which is prefectly fine i understand) its by low attackngs attrbiutes player that shoot in a long range one from 20+ yards off..

Jack rodwell for example,last 2 games with everton goal each game from 20-25 yards long shot.

and i have adler who in superb morale...

Dont get me wrong,if it was somone else with high longshots i would totaly understand,but why the loest attributes player do that.

Jack rodwell has a technique of 14 (governs the type of long shots he can take) and long shot of 11 (governs the accuracy). 14 is nothing to be laughed at allows him to fire some very dangerous shots. His long shot attribute of 11 will make him less accurate but if he gets lucky the shot could be all the more dangerous. He got lucky twice in in two games which is not normal but definitely not impossible and I suspect those were not the only shots he took those games.

Just to be clear, as wwfan has mentioned often enough, the AI isn't capable of differentiating between the computer controlled team or the user controlled team in the match engine.

The game calculates events based on all the data prior to the match commencing. That's not to say that results are pre-determined though. What you do tactically, with your team-talks and in the media beforehand all goes into the mix. Not only that, but during games, every time you or the opposing manager makes a change, everything from that point onwards is recalculated, based on those changes.

Now believe it or not, we (the human users) actually have far more choices at our disposal than the computer controlled teams and managers. We can make more precise changes than the computer teams and we can make them far more often than they appear to. Likewise, we can also do far more unorthodox things than the AI is capable of doing, even though it does sometimes seem to do some strange things with regards to formations, particularly when reduced to ten men, as has been observed by a few people in this thread.

Basically, all the data (match statistics) and all the tools (the widgets for player ratings, motivation, assistant feedback, etc...) are all there at our disposal. We have the tactics creator that highlights key player attributes, to help us see if we're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. We have scouts, coaches and assistants who can provide us with advice. Most of this is fairly accurate, but improves the higher their attributes are.

Players with any attributes will always have the potential to do things we might not necessarily expect them to do. A player with only 10 long shots and 10 technique, might still score a screamer from 30+ yards out. I've had it happen against me, whilst I've also seem my lumbering stopper fire in a rocket of a shot from way outside the box. These things happen in real football, they happen in FM.

Super keepers? Well to put it quite bluntly, a keeper will stand more chance of making himself look impressive if his team is playing poorly and struggling to stem the flow of efforts at goal. Look at Manuel Neuer in the 1st leg of the Champions League semi-final encounter against Man Utd. His team in front of him, simply weren't at the races and how United weren't five or six up at half-time, was mainly down to his efforts in goal. He was the very last line of defence and performed superbly. Had his team played well and reduced the number of chances against him, he arguably wouldn't have been on the receiving end of the effusive praise he's since received. For many, he was the man of the match and very much a "super keeper" in that game.

These things happen and yes, they can be extremely frustrating when you're on the receiving end. Think about it this way though... if you're seeing excellent performances from opposing keepers, you're doing something right, making the rest of his team look poor and ineffectual. If I see a keeper being the only thing between my team and a goal, then I lean towards either a role change for my striker(s), or substitute them for a different type of striker, who'll perhaps try types of finish that the keeper hasn't had to face, earlier in the game.

That's either your tactics, motivation, or bad luck.

I consider a CCC as one on one just need to slot it past the keeper or from 2 yards out he just needs to put the ball in the net so yeah its pretty frustrating and I personally would have a look at this issue - some people say its because they miss because they don't want too many unrealistic scorelines - in that case they should lower the chance frequency so it creates a less frustrating game

A one-on-one in real-life has approximately a 1 in 3 conversion rate.

They dont happend so common on real life...i just got 2 screams in a game from Spas delez 11 techinuqe 11 finsihing 10 long shots 12 compusre 10 conce

So he's average for a professional footballer and you're complaining that he's scored 2 "screams" in a game?

Screamers*.... And yes i do compalin... cause in 17 games this season he only score 2 goals,I have one of the best goalkeepers in the world Adler,His attributes doesnt really say his a longshotter.

If i got these goals from A decent player who has the attrbiutes for decent longshots i wouldnt complain,but that is just wrong

OP this problem could be down to the mental attributes of your players ie low determination, composure etc or perhaps you have lots of flair players that can be inconsistent and not so team oriented.

I think from looking at the prem this season some teams are prone to blowing leads, for instance as Zdlr points out Aresenal have blown leads at Newcastle and also at Spurs this season from positions that you could not see Man Utd blowing leads from. So within FM if a manger has a tendancy to play attacking football with lots of creative skillful players that are perhaps lacking in determination, composure, workrate etc then having high scoring unpredictable games probably shouldn't be a surprise.

Guys god is unfair, I swear he cheats. Injury storms, long shot goals from less skilled players, keepers making impossible saves. Probably just so the top teams don't always win...

See what I did there?

btw. How did you test this and where are the test results? Not trying to attack you just really interested, I can't prove the ME doesn't cheat, if you can prove it does we at least have something to show SI and maybe they will decide to start changing things.

Yes he does. And I have an example. Benfica last night. See how many shots almost got in and never touched the net. That's cheting. I'm gonna complain to God's producers and see if they can send a new version with less cheting. lol

Playing Chelsea. Just played at United in a pivotal match. Would be fine with a draw, but not this way.

I start with my 442 with advanced wingers. United play a 442. Take early lead. I am up by 3 in 20 minutes. Now, right there, I shouldn't be losing this game. I play more narrow and drop deeper. No issues.

At the half they change to a 5212. I keep my formation, but clear ball to flanks as they are now wide open for me. I score again! It is 4-0.

All they do is make a sub and switch back to a 442. I do sub out a player at this point b/c he is tired. He only playing as well as everyone else and his sub is very good. Usually starts.

They score in the 66, 79, 83 and 90 minutes for the draw. Absolutely ridiculous. Even for United, that is just not realistic v. Chelsea.

I put this in the tactics section b/c I frankly have seen this kind of thing happen a few times and I don't know what to do. I tried to shut up shop after the 3rd goal but it was too late.

Frankly, I am really having trouble enjoying the game with stuff like this happening too often. I would be happy telling you it is me, but I have been playing this game since '07 and this is by far the version that I see these kinds of runaway trains occurring the most.

OK...that's how I felt in the past, but really match engine isnt a cheat. Few things I can see:

1. You played at Man Utd. away. They have long and narrow pitch. If I remember correctly that's 105 x 68 or something like that.

2. After going 3:0 you went deeper and narrower after only 20 minutes, it was too early for that, specially playing at long pitch, leave that for last 15mins when they really pressure you.

3. They switched formation that has no wingers you went "clear ball to flanks"...for me it's a no for narrow pitch. You should have used "look for overlap", you needed support from you wingbacks.

What was your starting strategy?

OK...that's how I felt in the past, but really match engine isnt a cheat. Few things I can see:

1. You played at Man Utd. away. They have long and narrow pitch. If I remember correctly that's 105 x 68 or something like that.

2. After going 3:0 you went deeper and narrower after only 20 minutes, it was too early for that, specially playing at long pitch, leave that for last 15mins when they really pressure you.

3. They switched formation that has no wingers you went "clear ball to flanks"...for me it's a no for narrow pitch. You should have used "look for overlap", you needed support from you wingbacks.

What was your starting strategy?

Old Trafford has a long and WIDE pitch.

That's either your tactics, motivation, or bad luck.

A one-on-one in real-life has approximately a 1 in 3 conversion rate.

I'm not creating as issue that this isn't the case, i'm creating the issue that this happens for the human player and it does not happen for the computer. Fact.

I'm not creating as issue that this isn't the case, i'm creating the issue that this happens for the human player and it does not happen for the computer. Fact.

It happens for you. Not exclusively "human players". As has been stated thousands of times, the match engine does not differentiate between human managers and AI managers. Fact.

ME is base also on stats coming from league you are playing.

Here are the IRL stats used by the ME for Premiere league :

% shots on target: 37%

Penalty/match : 0.23

penalty success : 69%

own goal/match: 0.12

goal cancelled/match: 0.14

shot on wood / match : 0.94

% complete pass : 76%

% successfull crosses : 14%

% successfull tackle : 69%

% head shots : 13%

% head shots on target: 43%

% head goal : 18%

% longshots : 43%

% goal from longshot: 10%

% near shot : 16%

% goad from near shot : 42%

The problem is that as far as I am aware the stats are based on the AI in holiday mode. The human factor appears to cause the problem but as that is the paying customer then the match engine needs a better balance, rather than keep blaming the tactics of the paying customer.

laughable for your point of view...I think most of people think that FM is a football simulation.....it can not be and never a soft game will be a football simulation cause it's too complex.........

FM is a strategical based game with football like theme.....it can be cooking, war between viking and romans, it's the same but here with a football dress.....so if you read your match stats, it seems that you didn"t arrived to solve the problem that the match was, it's simple.

You can shout that on 26 shots, you expect to score 8 goals, no the game result said to you, only one goal scored, you don't find the solution to score more....that's all folks. You can see your clearance cut chance, only 3....don't you understand ?

it's a strategic game.....not a IRL football match.

The problem's not the ME, the problem is that people don't like to lose against a computer. It's really a matter of perspective - your players and team will score in strange and seemingly unfair situations just as often as the AI will, but it won't outrage you, and so you might not pick up on it quite so much. You have no god-given right to win against the AI, you have to earn it by actually making usage of the advantages which you have over them - the game is not out to get you, in fact, if you are willing to accept your own failures and effectively use the tools available to you, you will find that the opposite is true - the game can help you beat the AI more often than not.

This game seriously..I;m going to brake my monitor one of these days

This stupid game relies too much on counter attacking..I'm having at least 4 CCC and the AI NONE

YET THEY COUNTER ATTACK LIKE I SAID BEFORE DOWN THE FLANKS CROSS AND SCORE

In at least 6 or 7 of those matches the AI GK had a rating over 9???

Is it because I got the download version from FM 2011 or something? I cant stand this anymore always the same goals

Yes I've put my fullbacks to stay BACK and in POSITION but then the AI will just dribble around them like they're Messi stupid game

I dont care about losing or drawing..of course thats football, but the manner the defenders are defending is driving me nuts and I dont know how to fix it

There should be tutorials with better explanation of how the ME works and what each setting actually means

I don't want to look at each game full time..This is not my JOB, this is a GAME and should be made easier to understand

I'm feeling like a complete noob about football while I'm a pretty good player and almost made it to the pro's irl

and yeah you can tell me CCC dont mean nothing I know, but I feel like this is happening way way too often

at least balance it right

Archived