Mr Hough's Wants a job with SI tactic.

Which Tactic has been the most Succesful for you?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic has been the most Succesful for you?

• 3 Pedigree's and a Tombstone Piledriver
    • Cena Vs The Rock Wrestlemania 28

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I went to take Liverpool job but for some reason it wouldn't let me but thats another story. So with Ipswich I brought in Michael Owen, Owen Hargreaves and Marco Amelia all on frees & I loaned in Chris Smalling & Vladamir Weiss plus I brought Michael Macienne for £1.9m. I did try and buy other players but they wanted huge wages and I'm in the middle of trying to tempt Scott Parker from West Ham. I've played all my friendlies and these are the results:

Swindon (A) 5-0

Gillingham (A) 5-0

FC Timi Oara (A) 1-2

FC Vaslui (A) 0-1

Man Utd Res. (H) 3-0

Aberdeen (H) 5-0

Malaga (H) 4-1

So as you can see apart from the 2 Romanian away games all bodes well. Although my 1st games is at home to Liverpool :(

It's a bit tiring to click every single player to rest after a game though :(

I'm glad the tactic has DMs, should reduce the number of "what sort of players I need in midfield" questions ;)

you go on the training screen, click "show filters" then "all schedules". assign all to rest for 1 day.

are people talking about the 2010 wolfsong teamtalk guide? and if so is there like a condensed version of it/more simplified, there's a lot of scenarios for team talks and i doubt it's easy to remember all those without some bulletpoint guide lol

Nop no good, For a DM you want Tackling and his Tackling is 11, Not good enough at all.

Use 15 as a minimum in Tackling

How to relate it to Passing? Most of the time when playing with average team I have to choose either someone who is a very strong defensively DM, or someone with weaker defensive stats but higher in offensive and passing. I guess my question is, would it be better to field a player with 16+ tackling and 10-11 passing, or someone with ~12 tackling but 15 passing?

I probably look at the opposition before deciding to be honest, I try and look at the opposition and think about how my midfield can battle there's If they have strong midfielders i will play strong midfielders to counter them and see how that goes if i feel my team is getting out played i think it is due to having only 2 midfield players against the oppositions strong 4 so i will look to bring on players slightly more technical so we keep the ball better and try and break them more on the counter attack.

If i feel that the opposition are having to much time on the ball and creating good chances i will bring on/play more defensive midfield players to counter this.

It's all about weighing up your options and seeing whats best for your team.

Tactic is really amazing, In my third season now have only played 26 games in the EPL and I have scored 94 goals...lol...and I'm 20 points ahead of my closest challenger.....Seems like putting the d-line on deep when one has slow defenders starts to pay off once the team gets used to the still of play with match prep on team blend

Tactic is really amazing, In my third season now have only played 26 games in the EPL and I have scored 94 goals...lol...and I'm 20 points ahead of my closest challenger.....Seems like putting the d-line on deep when one has slow defenders starts to pay off once the team gets used to the still of play with match prep on team blend

how many notches 4 d-line from start 1 to end been 20 clicks

Started a game with Chelsea last night and so far this tactic has been decent. Though when i concede it is usually through 30 yarders, never let one in inside the area unless it was a pen. I have changed the DM to Zonal marking as well.

I see how it goes it could be gelling still seen as it's awkward for Lampard in the DM role, but i have got Rodwell coming end of the season to replace him when needed.

how many notches 4 d-line from start 1 to end been 20 clicks

Its on the first notch of deep setting....teams playing well scored 104 and conceded 19 in 28 games now

lol...at drogba's dive mate...nice post

what team are you

Mr Hough: why in team instruction closing down own area but 2 dm's have whole pitch. how this goes together??

maybe because of that high fatigue and opportunities opponents! what du you think would be good try closing down both team instruction and 2 dm'a to set own half??

Key for succes in this tactic, at least for me, is to rest all players for 1 day after every game... I struggled 2 seasons with fitness then i tried this, and it does wonders (25 games unbeaten and counting).

Try it out and let me know does it work for you :)

Works a charm, thanks!

How many have you conceded Sunk?

Played 28 games conceded 19 and scored 104.....My strikers are chicharito rooney welbeck gabby agbonlahor.....nothing special bout the team....wingers- young valencia nani marco antonio(regen-decent player)

Mr. Hough,

I am wondering if you can help me with a couple of things regarding your stone cold tactic?

This is my best Starting 11;

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry(Quite slow) - Cole

Essien - Mikel(Was using Lampard but not strong enough defensively)

Kalou(Elia coming in Jan) - Hazard(wings)

Torres - Neymar

- I am using zonal instead of man marking on my DM's.

- My match prep it on Defensive pos. Should i change this back to team blend, and leave it on Average?

Is there anything else you could suggest for me to improve on. So far this tactic is good but i lose a couple, just lost to west ham away 2-1 and still, conceding a couple of goals here and there. Could be down to Terry being a slow CB and/or Cech?

Thanks.

upload your tweaked tactic , please

I don't have any idea of how to upload a tactic, besides it is Mr. Hough's brilliance..not mine(not tryna take the shine off him at all)....it is the same tactic that Mr.Hough uploaded but the DM are set to zonal marking as he advised and the D-Line is at the first notch of deep setting because I have Vidic and Ferdinand who are not the fastest of defenders....

However, when I play with VIdic/ Ferdinand partnered with Evans/Smalling, my D-line is set at two notches before the Deep setting.... these are the adjustments I made to my tactic mate

To Dave or others:

What adjustments would you make in the lower leagues with this tactic? Obviously the players aren't as good, so stats are lower. But in terms of team settings, any adjustments? Is it better to go closer to direct on passing since they can't handle the short game? What else?

Mr. H!

Good job on the winger tactics..

Using Everton 1st season, I got to th 4th position and now qualifying for champions league..

My squad was

Howard

Neville-Shawcross-Bassong-Baines

--------Battaglia----Fellainni--------

Arteta-------------------------Hazard

--------Kadlec---------Benitez------

Kadlec was my top scorer with 29 goals and benitez 26 goals.. Both of them was the best buy of the season with 1 mils for Kadlec and 2.1 mils for Benitez.. Now enter season 2,

they both still on fire..

Trims man

It's a bit tiring to click every single player to rest after a game though :(

I'm glad the tactic has DMs, should reduce the number of "what sort of players I need in midfield" questions ;)

You don't need to do it that way, i see a few people have suggested one way of doing it but this is another way. Wait until the morning after your match, click on that days date on the calendar at the top of the screen, there's an option 'rest all players' click that then set it to 1 day simple! You have to wait until the actual day you want to rest the players, you can't set it in advance. Hope this helps

Resting the players for 1 day after a game if i have another game sooner than a week away is really working well for me too.

I don't have any idea of how to upload a tactic, besides it is Mr. Hough's brilliance..not mine(not tryna take the shine off him at all)....it is the same tactic that Mr.Hough uploaded but the DM are set to zonal marking as he advised and the D-Line is at the first notch of deep setting because I have Vidic and Ferdinand who are not the fastest of defenders....

However, when I play with VIdic/ Ferdinand partnered with Evans/Smalling, my D-line is set at two notches before the Deep setting.... these are the adjustments I made to my tactic mate

What is in your opinion a slow defender? pace: average 11-14 // quick 15-20 ??

thanks!

What is in your opinion a slow defender? pace: average 11-14 // quick 15-20 ??

thanks!

I prefer a quick defender because the likely hood of them being caught out by through balls is very low but a slow defender would always have a high chance being caught out by those kind of balls even with the d0line set back....at times, I still get caught out with through balls even when d dline is deep(wen playing with vidic and ferdinand together)

What i mean Wijand Fens is that both the `stone cold winger` tactic and the viper tactic are both great tactics,if one tactic isnt quite getting the result you want mid game change to the other,never fails my friend

Although im loving this new wingers tactic, it reminds me of Brazil and Real Madrid of old...

You score 3 and we'll score 4. I've yet to keep a clean sheet and have had scores of 4-4, 3-3, 5-5.....i will try the deep defensive line cos my centre halfs are always being caught out by the through ball (their pace is 11 and 14)

quick questions

1. can you plz upload the training you use or give me the name

2. in match prep you said to put it on hige work level.. now it sould be like this allways or only in the start of the season?

10q anyways

I did a one season test with ADO DEN HAAG (premier division The Netherlands)

Media prediction: 16

Finished: 5

Note: With the last tac from mr hough, DMC on zone and D-line all the way to the left (SUNK)

Fixtures:

adoresults.jpg

League:

adoeindstand.jpg

I think it is a very good tactic, only the DMC and the FB's are very tired at the 60th minute of the game.

And sometimes I win a match against PSV, next week I lose a match against VVV (media predic... 18th)

@ sunk, do you use d-line to the left- all the time? or only against better teams?

thanks

I'm using the Stone Cold Winger tactic for the last 3,5 seasons in my Borussia Dortmund save in 2020, won the last 2 bundesliga with not much difficulty, my problem is my European Games, i lose with so weaker teams that seems almost ridiculous...

First season - Lost with Lorient in the Europa League in 2nd KO round in away goals

Second season - Lost with Sevilla in the Champions League in 1st KO round

Third season - Lost with Marseille in the Champions League Qt Final

Fourth season - Lost with Bordeus in the Europa League in 1st KO round

btw only won a German Cup in all this time :(

Archived