stupid transfer fees what are SI doing about it

Dzeko £9.5M

Higuain £15M

Balotelli £6.5M

Modric £8.5M

Hamsik £10.5M

Pastore £10.5M

Seems if a player is unhappy he doesn't command much of a fee in this version.

Can any sane person come on here and tell me that any of these fees are realistic it just ruins the game for me and there are many more. The transfers in fm10 were much better and nearer the mark

Why did you feel the need to copy another person's post from yesterday? Post 9 from jk54321

Why did you feel the need to open a new thread when there was a discussion already going on?

Dzeko £9.5M

Higuain £15M

Balotelli £6.5M

Modric £8.5M

Hamsik £10.5M

Pastore £10.5M

Can any sane person come on here and tell me that any of these fees are realistic it just ruins the game for me and there are many more. The transfers in fm10 were much better and nearer the mark

What are you talking about???This is realism!!If players are unhappy and their clubs want to offload them those prices are very normal!Think about real life examples when teams want to get rid players...

What are you talking about???This is realism!!If players are unhappy and their clubs want to offload them those prices are very normal!Think about real life examples when teams want to get rid players...

yeah it would be realistic if for example you would have a one or two players of this quality listed, but when you have loads of them it becomes unrealistic. It makes the game incredibly easy, as you can get 4 or 5 players of top quality in one transfer window for 30mil. And that my friend is as realistic as Mancini leading City to CL. not gonna happen.

I'm for realism. I personally had no problem with last year's transfers. If the clubs asked for 128m for Sneijder, It's their way of saying "He's not for sale, but if you really wanna stump up so much for him, he's yours." I think that's what happened with Ronaldo's transfer to Real Madrid... Also I remembered that when Balotelli was transfer listed by request in the old game, It's for 20m even though his value was 14m at the time... I think that's more realistic. Clubs recognises that the player is capable of going for more and they'll only sell for that. If players like Modric is going for 7m, and Tevez for 11m, I'm gonna lose interest as it's utterly unrealistic and not challenging enough. I really hope that SI is looking to address this issue in the hotfix but I doubt they have the time for this...

Yep, all those real life examples like,, erm..... Berbatov was unhappy, Spurs had to sell and got. Oh wait, 30 million. Sorry, but unless the contract was up within a season or two, none of the players would go for such low fees.

Got him for free with RC Genk in 3rd season. He was without club.

Dzeko at Genk?

Did you win the Champions league?

I live and I’m born in Genk and this would set Belgium upside down if this would happen IRL.

What a difference with FM 2010 where nobody would come to Belgium even if they could earn 20 times more.

How did Jelle Vossen and Kevin Debruyne developed if I may ask?

Was 4th season btw.

The only thing I had won was the super cup with Club Brugge. I got the sack after 2 seasons and a couple of matches.

Went to Genk end of November, and signed Dzeko in january, he was without a club when his contract didn't get renewed at Wolfsburg (curious as why he stayed without a club for 6 months).

In the last half of the season he scored 17 goals in 19 matches and ended 3th in de topscorerslist.

Vossen went to West Ham in the 2nd season for € 1,9m. He doesn't play much though, maybe I can get him back.

De Bruyne left the first season for 9.25m to Sunderland, after two seasons he went to Fiorentina. He didn't play much either, last season he wasn't even a sub.

They're both in my Belgium squad for the WC 2014 though (although they won't play much, if at all).

We're seen as outsiders for the WC btw :D.

Dzeko £9.5M

Higuain £15M

Balotelli £6.5M

Modric £8.5M

Hamsik £10.5M

Pastore £10.5M

This also happens in fm10. Once a player is unhappy, he get transfer-listed and is sold off at the value that he is given even though they have few years contract left. Totally unrealistic.

I don't care whether they were unhappy or not. Berbatov, unhappy at Spurs IRL and went for 30 million.

And that particular offer was made on transfer deadline day - both clubs knew Manchester United didn't really have time to haggle, which gave Spurs an advantage they might not otherwise have had.

Was 4th season btw.

The only thing I had won was the super cup with Club Brugge. I got the sack after 2 seasons and a couple of matches.

Went to Genk end of November, and signed Dzeko in january, he was without a club when his contract didn't get renewed at Wolfsburg (curious as why he stayed without a club for 6 months).

In the last half of the season he scored 17 goals in 19 matches and ended 3th in de topscorerslist.

Vossen went to West Ham in the 2nd season for € 1,9m. He doesn't play much though, maybe I can get him back.

De Bruyne left the first season for 9.25m to Sunderland, after two seasons he went to Fiorentina. He didn't play much either, last season he wasn't even a sub.

They're both in my Belgium squad for the WC 2014 though (although they won't play much, if at all).

We're seen as outsiders for the WC btw :D.

Thanks!

Good luck at the Cristal Arena. If you wan't to keep it realistic you're obliged to keep Pierre Denier as he would never get the sack even if he's not that good IRL.

How is that unrealistic? In RL few players go for £20m+ infact any transfers over £10m normally registers in the top 30 or so for a season and with money issues affecting many clubs chances are prices will drop.

Over the last five years there have been 24 transfers over £20m but these have been dominated by Real Madrid (8) and Man City (7) with Barcelona (4) the only other team with more than one. Five other teams make up the rest with one each and they are Man Utd, Chelsea, Juventus, Lyon & Bayern Munich.

Now that depends on the exchange rate you consider.

Bayern Munich:

Ribery - 25 m €

Robben - approx 25 m € as well (probably a bit less)

Gomez - approx 30 m € (with clauses that can make it rise to 35 m €)

Milan will be paying aroung 25 m € for Ibrahimovic soon.

Barca paid 40 m € for Villa and approx the same amount (if you discount Eto'o) for Ibrahimovic

Man U - 35 m€ for Berbatov and Hargreaves wasn't cheap either (thought to be between 20 and 25 m€)

Juventus - Diego 25 m€ and close to 25 m € for Amauri

Chelsea

Essien - approx 40 m €

I think in general you can get too many players quite cheaply if you work hard to unsettle them. On the other hand I haven't had and sort of ridiculous bid come in for one of my players yet so at least it's balanced. Lowering transfer fees was the right thing to do though.

Sorry but not matter how we look at it the transfer system is mindblowingly bad this time.

Sure we're given the reason that the fees are low because players are unhappy. But why on earth is it so easy to get players to be unhappy?! SI need to strike a balance between hugely inflated transfer fees and the ridiculous bargains in this years version.

As someone said United were offering Valencia for FREE! And even more shockingly no one even bid. I like the game this time but the transfer system is massively flawed. Players like Dzelko,Modric, Bale and Higuain would never go for under 15m no matter how unhappy they might be unless their in the last year of their contract and even then clubs could possibly get more than that!

A lot of players go cheap in thsi game.

In mine the following have all gone relatively cheaply:

<spoiler info>

What I think is a bit unrealstic that apart from signings by me the £20M mark has only been broken in 3 transfers in the first 4 seasons..

As tagged above the info is kind of spilerish, especially for GD. I'm not trying to be bad or anything but in future please wrap {spoiler} {/spoiler} tags around similar info (using square brackets instead of curly ones).

That goes for everybody else who posted similar info

Dzeko £9.5M

Higuain £15M

Balotelli £6.5M

Modric £8.5M

Hamsik £10.5M

Pastore £10.5M

Are you serious!? The transfers in FM10 was way too unrealistic, I mean I was bidding for average players submitting triple their player values. How realistic is that? Even 17-18 year olds I was having to bid almost 14-20mil for KIDS that were only valued at about 5-6mil. At least in this year's version the prices aren't unimaginable high, bidding for a player who requested a transfer because he is unhappy is a bit more realistic to me. I agree with someone on here who said that SI will never get the transfers correct, because we got whiners on here saying one minute its too high and then the next its too low. C'mon folks its a game, it will NEVER 100% be exactly like RL.

Archived