FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

The ranking levels are made for the game to see, what place you finished in a tournament. If it is not set, you might get fired even though you won it, as the game does not know, you finished 1st.

In e.g. a cup, you would give the winner of the final ranking level 0, loser of final would get 1, loser of semifinals gets 2 and so on.

I suggest you take a look at some already made tournaments to understand how to use it.

I've seen lot of competition but for me this is "latin" :D

can you explain me this?

40993797.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that would be possible with the advanced panel. You can define individual promotion rules for each competition. It's not easy to use the advanced panel however, and it'll take a lot of tinkering, but what you're describing is doable. I've done a similar thing with the German Oberliga, where 12 leagues share 10 promotion spots, with 9 leagues having a direct promotion spot and the other 3 go through a playoff. It was a real pain getting this to work tho.

ok at least I know I'm in the right area, thanks for the info, seeing as you've done it says its obviously possible and sounds a little simpler than yours since you had '3'! making up one slot. Thanks again!

I have another question :) .

I have made group rules and schedules in "individual group rules" tab. Now, I have made four groups of four teams. And it works good. But there is problem (not problem that causes crash or so) but anyway - matchday 3 of group A and matchday 2 of group D are played on same day, ALTHOUGH I made it clear that every group stage day is played on different day (like UEFA Euro). So, does anyone of those advaced editor pros has solution? I would be grateful.

I have another question :) .

I have made group rules and schedules in "individual group rules" tab. Now, I have made four groups of four teams. And it works good. But there is problem (not problem that causes crash or so) but anyway - matchday 3 of group A and matchday 2 of group D are played on same day, ALTHOUGH I made it clear that every group stage day is played on different day (like UEFA Euro). So, does anyone of those advaced editor pros has solution? I would be grateful.

Along the tabs in Competition (Type, Competitions, Qualified Teams etc) is Fixture Dates. Set the fixtures up there. You'll need to edit the xml file afterwards though. Take a look at how the Champions League is set up.

I have set up a league and for some reason the game crashes 4 days before the first game. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it because I have tryed everything that I can think of. Cheers

Some leagues just don't seem to work with the advanced panel. For instance, MLS and the Canadian Soccer League are the only two divisions in USA and Canada that I have been able to run without the game crashing like you described. I also haven't been able to get a created from scratch league to work in any country. As of now, I haven't found a single thing that will fix it either. I've used the same exact rules and teams and only certain competitions will work without crashing.

Please, what does "team index" on the Qualified teams screen mean?

I think it's if you want to pick a specific team from the index, 0 being 1st, 1 being 2nd etc. In case you want the other teams to still qualify but you want to pick a specific team first. I've never had the need to use it though.

edit:ninja'd

I can't get any new advanced league to work with 11.1.1. Game crashes during database setup. I tried starting from scratch but even after just adding a nation file and no competitions it crashes. WTF happened with the latest patch? Oddly enough, MRT90's Brazil file doesn't crash, but I can't figure out why. Things worked just fine on 11.1

Thanks.

Another strange matter... editor seems not updated after hotfix, its new version number is the same of previous one, and some fixes (Sandy Martens as default manager of all U18 squads) seem not work. I tried to delete editor cache, but nothing happens.

Is it possible to create some kind of "random" friendly cup? I've created Joan Gamper trophy via official editor, facing always Barça with CL previous finalist. It works fine, but I'd prefer if I could choose randomly a team from a pool (Maybe using the "Other Division"?) I tried this in 10, but as it was an inactive league, once a team was chosen, it was always chosen the same team.

ATM I've been trying with Advanced to see If I can create something more real, I've created a cup, set qualified teams : Barça, and 1 team from gets all Premier teams , Randomly (¿These should give me a random premier team as rival?)

Set Fixture date at 15-7-10, Level 0, Year Interval 1, and Year 2000

Also I've created a stage (Cup) Index 1, with the same teams as above, and a draw date at 1-7-10

But these cup never gets played when I load the game...what I'm doing wrong?

Is it possible to create some kind of "random" friendly cup? I've created Joan Gamper trophy via official editor, facing always Barça with CL previous finalist. It works fine, but I'd prefer if I could choose randomly a team from a pool (Maybe using the "Other Division"?) I tried this in 10, but as it was an inactive league, once a team was chosen, it was always chosen the same team.

ATM I've been trying with Advanced to see If I can create something more real, I've created a cup, set qualified teams : Barça, and 1 team from gets all Premier teams , Randomly (¿These should give me a random premier team as rival?)

Set Fixture date at 15-7-10, Level 0, Year Interval 1, and Year 2000

Also I've created a stage (Cup) Index 1, with the same teams as above, and a draw date at 1-7-10

But these cup never gets played when I load the game...what I'm doing wrong?

The Advanced Rules needs the competitions mentioned somewhere, in a Nation or Continent file.

Sorry to ask again, but I haven't had a reply yet:

"The problem I am having is getting it to select teams based on UEFA Coefficients rather than a fixed and static list system.

The reason for this being that due to the game now being able to process the development of nations (and decline) I want the possibility of European Cup places being withdrawn and added depending on their UEFA coefficient ranking.

I hope this is more clear."

Thanks.

Well, you can replicate it in all other way beside co-efficients. Unfortunately. I tried and looked all way down through the Editor, and could not find solution. So, I presume it is impossible. But you can do anything else with that. That should be enough. There will never happen Slovenia gets 3 spots in CL or Azerbaijan or so. Make new format with each country have fixed number of spots.

This is intensely frustrating. All my files that worked fine with 11.1 now crash during database setup under 11.1.1, and I can't figure out why. Even if I start with a new file, add Germany as a nation, and do nothing else but list the competitions it crashes as soon as the version is set to 1. If I leave the version at 0 it just uses the ingame league unaltered. Can anyone help me? If anyone can create the most basic Germany skeleton that doesn't crash on setup then I'd have a starting point. Or maybe take a look at my file to see if you spot something: http://www.filefront.com/17515132/Deutsche Oberligen b45.dbc

I don't know what they changed in 11.1.1 but I guess I'm making a basic mistake somewhere that didn't matter before and now it does.

This is intensely frustrating. All my files that worked fine with 11.1 now crash during database setup under 11.1.1, and I can't figure out why. Even if I start with a new file, add Germany as a nation, and do nothing else but list the competitions it crashes as soon as the version is set to 1. If I leave the version at 0 it just uses the ingame league unaltered. Can anyone help me? If anyone can create the most basic Germany skeleton that doesn't crash on setup then I'd have a starting point. Or maybe take a look at my file to see if you spot something: http://www.filefront.com/17515132/Deutsche Oberligen b45.dbc

I don't know what they changed in 11.1.1 but I guess I'm making a basic mistake somewhere that didn't matter before and now it does.

Have you tried Version number 2? And also how many files did you try? I assume you are making different version numbers.

Have you tried Version number 2? And also how many files did you try? I assume you are making different version numbers.

Yeah I tried with Version number 2 and same thing. I still have more than 40 different versions and the very first one that uses the advanced panels already fails. I can't even get a new basic skeleton working properly. It seems like it no longer takes some of the defaults and expects everything to replicated. Before it would just take the in-game defaults if you didn't include and overwrite some league in the file.

Ok, so I've managed to solve the crash problem. Apparently, since 11.1.1 you now must create all competitions you're using, even if you don't wish to overwrite anything, and you must have at least one entry under fixture rules in the nation file. I set the competitions I didn't want to change at version 0 and it took the defaults, so that's fine, but they must still appear in the file. Still wondering why it all the sudden became necessary to do this.

- I just want to create a competition that selects teams based on the co-efficients already in the game.

You can't do that. Get over it, as I have for making Gold Cup qualification system. I cant make teams seedings based on FIFA rankings, and I used ranks of October to make fixed seedings. So, there is Guyana team in first pot, but they never made to qualify to final stage. :)

Hi Folks. I'm trying to activate the 3rd tier Irish A Championship and can't get the playoffs working properly with the standard editor. The A Championship has two sub divisions and the top two from each go into an end of season play off to decide the competition winner, I can set that up no problem. The problem is that these playoffs are separate from the promotion playoff as the division has reserve teams as well as first teams. What happens with the promotion playoff is the highest placed first team in either group, so long as they are in the top 3, plays off against the bottom team from the next division up. Would it be possible to set this up using the advanced editor?

You can't do that. Get over it, as I have for making Gold Cup qualification system. I cant make teams seedings based on FIFA rankings, and I used ranks of October to make fixed seedings. So, there is Guyana team in first pot, but they never made to qualify to final stage. :)

Hi DinamoZagreb. Thanks for your answer, yes I know that now (I saw your response to the other thread started by someone else too), I just wasn't sure whether people were understanding what I was asking or not and wanted to be clear!

Once they've implemented that then it will be amazing, puts a spanner in the works of anyone wanting to re-create an old European system. Just thinking out loud, would it be possible to create say, a Cup Winner's cup from scratch, a new Champions League (with one rep from each country) from scratch, but leave the Europa League system in place? As presumably this would then still use the hard-coded coefficient system already in-game, and the other two don't need that as they only take one representative from each country anyway?

Is the idea of some advanced panels tutorial actually something that'll coming up soon? I've been looking at other databases trying to understand how it works, but still no matter what I do none of my tries actually works, and i don't understeand it well enough to even get where I am going wrong - probably I?m even oging wrong in more than one place.

Hey guys

Good to see some of the old faces from last year's advanced editor discussion. I am hopeful outstanding issues will be resolved.

Right, here's what I am messing with right now, and what the problem is.

I am building a World Club Super Cup, to run alongside the major competitions already in the game. I spent long hours last night selected the countries who will be represented (128 of them - the teams which win the leagues in those nations) and setting up the tournament. Here's the first problem I've encountered; the competition appears in the game, under the list of most hightly rated competitions (it's a five star like the Champions League and the World Cup) but it is not playable; no teams enter it and it can't be viewed.

What have I done wrong people?

@ The Amazing Dale Watkins

Hey Dale, are you the famous modder from the Civilization!?

Anyway strange your files don't work. I had no problems at all after installing hotfix and applying the "format" files again.

However I may need you help on a problem, because it sounds awfully close to yours earlier on.

I try to mimic the danish pyramid.

At level 3 (starting at 0) we have 3 sub divisions.

At level 4 we have 8 sub division.

At level 5 we have 14 sub divisions.

At level 4, 4 of the division are "Jutland Series". Each with 8 teams. The teams play each other from aug - nov, 2 times each.

The top 4 of each division continue into 2 new groups, each with 8 teams. They play from mar - jun, 2 times each and top 2 from each are promoted.

The bottom 4 of each division continue into 2 new groups, each with 8 teams. They play from mar - jun, 2 times each and bottom 3 from each are relegated.

The other sub division have their own rules and function properly.

To mimic this I created a new competition that the teams qualify for, using groups, one stage for promotion and one for relegation.

The teams are put into the right groups, and promotion functions proper, but relegation doesn't. All other division at level 4 functions properly too, with both relegation and promotion.

How did you get relegation to function?!?

I know it may be a bit hard to understand. If any one could help. I could upload my file if needed!?

Okay. I have a hard nut to crack here.

I am expanding the Danish league with one more level beneath 2nd Division. It is called Danmarksserien (Danish Series) and has 3 sub divisions. This should be easy to do with normal nation rules, but due to some changes in the Danish league-system, which seems to be hardcoded into the game, it has turned out be one hell of a headache.

The problem is, that the Danish 1st Division (level 2) will go from 16 to 12 teams from 2010 to 2012. This means that there are more relegating teams than promoted teams. Of course, SIGA thought of this and modded the 2nd Division to handle this. But now, when I am making a new level between 2nd Division and "Danish Lower Leagues", this makes a big problem. After the first season there is a owerflow of teams in the Danish Series. Some teams are, when you go to their profile, listed as a Danish Series team, but when you look in the table, they are not there.

Any ideas to get around this?

An idea I have is to relegate more teams from the Danish Series to the inactive Danish Lower Leagues, than the Danish Lower Leagues promotes in the first two seasons, but is that possible?

Another - unrealistic - but simple solution would be to increase the maximum number of allowed teams in the Danish series, I guess.

That problem stems from it is hardcoded. So you should not change or make any changes to 1 division and 2 division. And the game will take care of it by it self. Anyway could you upload your file so I my have a look at it.

I'll take a look at it.

What did you do to fix exactly that issue? What should I look for?

You won't be able to do a lot to my uploaded file, as I have only tried using normal nation rules so far in this project. But I have now realized, that it wasn't possible to make a simple solution, which matched reality, so I'm gonna do it with the Advanced Rules now. Hopefully, your solution will spare me some time.

Anyway, if you want to look at the nation rules, here you go: http://gratisupload.dk/download/52147/

Has anyone been able to figure out how to set up teams in the "continent" portion using advanced rules, so that you don't have to assign teams statically for each competition? For example: I was working with Asia. I listed all the nations in the "nations" tab. Under the "teams" tab I set the number of teams I wanted qualified for the AFC Champions League from each nation. I also created a new AFC Champions League, but can't seem to figure out which option to use under "qualified teams" so that it will pick the proper teams, and none will be repeated. I though it was "get qualified teams for comp", using the nation. the seeding I assigned for each nation, but it doesn't work. Any ideas? I will post up some screen shots once I get home to better explain my situation.

I've not had chance to look at this yet, but im looking at creating a playable J-League, and so far so good, but 1 of the Japanese cups is a little iffy.

There are 18 teams in JL1, 4 teams qualify for the Asian Champ Lg, these 4 teams then dont compete in the Japanese cup, is there a way to stop these 4 being drawn in the cup?

Also, is it feasable that the blocked information tab on the Japan national side (and subsequently the clubs too) could be removed using the advanced editor?

I have managed to unblock it by swapping UID's with another Asian nation, but it seems to screw up National cups.

hi. anyone knows how to add a league rule which checks wether or not b-team is located two division beneath first team? as i'm trouble with both a and b teams end up playing on same levels after some season.

Archived