FM2011 Editor Advanced Rules Activation and Discussion

magicmastermind124

Has anyone utilised the following fields in the Advanced Panels?

- Minimum stadium capacity

- Minimum stadium seating capacity

How are these used in the game.... if say a team finishes in a promotion position but their capacity is below that set for the league above, does the game refuse them promotion (and relegate less from the league above / replace with another promotion team).... OR... promote the team and invest in ground improvements?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone utilised the following fields in the Advanced Panels?

- Minimum stadium capacity

- Minimum stadium seating capacity

How are these used in the game.... if say a team finishes in a promotion position but their capacity is below that set for the league above, does the game refuse them promotion (and relegate less from the league above / replace with another promotion team).... OR... promote the team and invest in ground improvements?

I have not used it, but I believe it's the latter, because this is what happens in the game when you play in leagues with ground restrictions. I've never been denied promotion.

So true. I apologise but I don't have as much time as I used to for checking other peoples works. I'm working on a joint release.

No apologies needed, I understand completely.

I will try to solve my problems myself by trial and error, and when it works, I will report back.

If it doesn't work, I will report also...

OK, so I have two regional cups, both finishing in May 7th. I know want the winners of these 2 cups to play eachother in a kind of supercup which will determine who will go to Europe. No matter what I do, this second cup is never played - probably the game is not able to get the winners of the previous competition. What's the best way of making this happen?

OK, so I have two regional cups, both finishing in May 7th. I know want the winners of these 2 cups to play eachother in a kind of supercup which will determine who will go to Europe. No matter what I do, this second cup is never played - probably the game is not able to get the winners of the previous competition. What's the best way of making this happen?

Could be a lot of things that are going wrong. Try narrowing it down a bit. Does it only stall when the teams are chosen from the regional cups or also when you choose two specific teams for example? When qualifying the winners of the regional cups for the supercup, did you tick the "for this year" checkbox?

Hi guys,

Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction here

I am trying to replicate the Singapore leagues as they are in real life, in reality, there are actually 6 leagues in total, the 1st, is the so called top tier, the S-League, which does not have any promotions and relegations, for the most part, this has been done by SI pretty well.

Below that or should i say, next to that, is the Prime League, which acts as a sort of reserve cum youth (U21) league for the S-League teams.

Then we have the 3 divisions of the National Football League (NFL) and the Nationwide Lower League just below that, now I have managed to recreate the NFL and the NLL but am having a problem with the Prime League.

The teams are still having a reserve team and U18 teams, basically, I want to disable the U18s and the Reserves and enforce player registrations, for both the S-League and the Prime leage

Does anyone have any ideas as to how i can go about getting some if not all of the above done

I am very new to the editor and this is the 1s time I am attempting to create a league structure so bare with me if I am bring dense!

And thanks in advance for any replies...

Anyone offer any guidance for me? I've set up a multiple competition with two equal divisions which has a playoff for the top four which is working fine. I then want the want the winner of each division to play each other to become overall champion. The final is being scheduled but instead of the two winners playing each other they both play another random team in two finals.

For example Team A wins league 1 and Team B win league 2 instead of playing each other in the super final they both play Team C from league 1.

Anyone any idea why this would happen?

Anyone offer any guidance for me? I've set up a multiple competition with two equal divisions which has a playoff for the top four which is working fine. I then want the want the winner of each division to play each other to become overall champion. The final is being scheduled but instead of the two winners playing each other they both play another random team in two finals.

For example Team A wins league 1 and Team B win league 2 instead of playing each other in the super final they both play Team C from league 1.

Anyone any idea why this would happen?

You may have the final set up as a stage for both league 1 and league 2, hence you would have two finals instead of one. If that's the case, move the final outside of the competitions as another, new competition, or make it a stage of one of the competitions only.

Could be a lot of things that are going wrong. Try narrowing it down a bit. Does it only stall when the teams are chosen from the regional cups or also when you choose two specific teams for example? When qualifying the winners of the regional cups for the supercup, did you tick the "for this year" checkbox?

It is ticked. What happens is just that the competition never happens. Always stays at the "yet to be scheduled" stage.

You may have the final set up as a stage for both league 1 and league 2, hence you would have two finals instead of one. If that's the case, move the final outside of the competitions as another, new competition, or make it a stage of one of the competitions only.

If I set it as another competition will I be to set it up so the final is played the same season?

Maybe a noob-question, but do I understand correctly that when you want to set up a play-off, you have to create a new competion?

An example: In the Dutch Hoofdklasse (6 different competitions, 3 on Saturday, 3 on Sunday), the 6 champions get promoted to the next Tier, the Topklasse (3 to the Saturday Topklasse, 3 to the Sunday Topklasse).

If I want to set up a play-off for each Hoofdklasse separately, do I need to create 6 extra competitions for that? Or stages?

And furthermore: I want the 3 winners of the play-offs from the same day to play the nr. 13 of the Topklasse in a knock-out stage. I take it I have to set up that as well as a separate competition or stage?

And how do I manage to get the winners to play in next years Topklasse? I guess I have to do something with the "get teams" option?

I'm just brainstorming as how to manage those issues I have to deal with in my quest to recreate the Dutch pyramid.

Maybe I'm a Don Quichotte, but luckily we have enough windmills...

Do the league winners get recorded? If not it's waiting for one or both of the leagues to finish.

I am at a loss exactly because the both cup winners get recorded in the history tab, but somehow the competition doesn't seem to be able to get them. May it's the way I told the competition to get the teams?

I am at a loss exactly because the both cup winners get recorded in the history tab, but somehow the competition doesn't seem to be able to get them. May it's the way I told the competition to get the teams?

Is the cup played at the end of season? If so, use a setup date, and when getting the teams use the last winner of the competition.

Anyone can help with the below? if more details are needed, please feel free to let me know...

Hi guys,

Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction here

I am trying to replicate the Singapore leagues as they are in real life, in reality, there are actually 6 leagues in total, the 1st, is the so called top tier, the S-League, which does not have any promotions and relegations, for the most part, this has been done by SI pretty well.

Below that or should i say, next to that, is the Prime League, which acts as a sort of reserve cum youth (U21) league for the S-League teams.

Then we have the 3 divisions of the National Football League (NFL) and the Nationwide Lower League just below that, now I have managed to recreate the NFL and the NLL but am having a problem with the Prime League.

The teams are still having a reserve team and U18 teams, basically, I want to disable the U18s and the Reserves and enforce player registrations, for both the S-League and the Prime leage

Does anyone have any ideas as to how i can go about getting some if not all of the above done

I am very new to the editor and this is the 1s time I am attempting to create a league structure so bare with me if I am bring dense!

And thanks in advance for any replies...

Maybe a noob-question, but do I understand correctly that when you want to set up a play-off, you have to create a new competion?

An example: In the Dutch Hoofdklasse (6 different competitions, 3 on Saturday, 3 on Sunday), the 6 champions get promoted to the next Tier, the Topklasse (3 to the Saturday Topklasse, 3 to the Sunday Topklasse).

If I want to set up a play-off for each Hoofdklasse separately, do I need to create 6 extra competitions for that? Or stages?

And furthermore: I want the 3 winners of the play-offs from the same day to play the nr. 13 of the Topklasse in a knock-out stage. I take it I have to set up that as well as a separate competition or stage?

And how do I manage to get the winners to play in next years Topklasse? I guess I have to do something with the "get teams" option?

I'm just brainstorming as how to manage those issues I have to deal with in my quest to recreate the Dutch pyramid.

Maybe I'm a Don Quichotte, but luckily we have enough windmills...

You only need to setup a new competition in some cases for inter-league playoffs, usually stages are better. The knockout stage with the 3 winners and 13th of the division above can also be setup as a stage of the division above. Finally, you use league fates to qualify the winners for next year's competition.

Are you using an existing version of a nation file or did you set up the nation rules completely from scratch?

Thanks for the reply!!...Using an existing one, I just activated the leagues that were already there, the prime league was already in the db, so I added that and ensured that each team will have a under 21 squad and added them to the prime league

Thanks for the reply!!...Using an existing one, I just activated the leagues that were already there, the prime league was already in the db, so I added that and ensured that each team will have a under 21 squad and added them to the prime league

try setting "reserve teams to create" in the Reserves Rules tab of the Nations file to "don't allow optional reserve teams".

In the Nation file, Reserve Rules tab. You're using the advanced panels, right? Because if not, this isn't the right thread.

I must be totally dense, I feel like such idiot...I found where the settings were, and yes, it looks good...let me test this out and see...really TADW, I thank you alot for this!!

What is this?

Warning: Fixture rules does not have valid squad selection value.

I made league in advanced editor, made all fixture rules, but as soon as I check box with some registration options, this happens. But, there is no crash dump, just I cant take charge of team in that specific league.

Help would be appreciated.

EDIT:

I've found solution. I had to tick box above this registarion box.

Wanting to expand Australia to include the Semi-Pro and Amature Leagues, however each league works the same as the A-League however there is no promotion from the Lower Leagues into the A-League is there a way to change the Generic Youth League into the Australian National Youth League (renamed Nation Youth League that will use the AIS and the A-League Youth Squads) and create additional Youth Leagues for the specific Lower Leagues?

On top of this is there a way to create a finals series for each specific lower leagues so it works the same as the A-League finals series?

Regards

Wanting to expand Australia to include the Semi-Pro and Amature Leagues, however each league works the same as the A-League however there is no promotion from the Lower Leagues into the A-League is there a way to change the Generic Youth League into the Australian National Youth League (renamed Nation Youth League that will use the AIS and the A-League Youth Squads) and create additional Youth Leagues for the specific Lower Leagues?

On top of this is there a way to create a finals series for each specific lower leagues so it works the same as the A-League finals series?

Regards

This sounds somewhat like what I am trying to do for the Singaporean League...I am new at this so bare with me if I am saying something that you already know or am understanding your question incorrectly but you need to do depends on if the lower leagues are already in the db which i think it is, all you need to do is:

01) Add Nation Rule

02) Pick the nation and Add lower division and cups to existing structure

03) Now goto divisions and click add

04) On the window select single division

05) from the dropdown, select the league you want to activate

06) then for number of promotion places, set it to 0, and if there is no relegation also, set the relegation places to zero as well.

Hope this helps!

fruitloopz: this thread is for the advanced rules, not the simple nation rules. That being said, if the setup is possible to create using the simple rules then, by all means, do it, but ask in the general editing thread for support.

TADW: Yes, I am aware of that and my question for the s-league was indeed for the advanced rules which thanks to your help earlier, i was able to create what i was looking for, am now running a save on holiday to see how it pans out

as for the above, I was just trying to help out b.paterson or at least i thought i was...apologies if I have made an error somewhere but please, do tell me where I have gone wrong?....

Has anybody figured out yet what the "League Team Order" tab in the competition does? I remember the old thread mentioned it once and someone was speculating but I can't find the post. It almost looks like there are supposed to be more details for the Teams(0) that show up when you add a team order. Is that a bug with the advanced panels or supposed to be like this?

TADW: Yes, I am aware of that and my question for the s-league was indeed for the advanced rules which thanks to your help earlier, i was able to create what i was looking for, am now running a save on holiday to see how it pans out

as for the above, I was just trying to help out b.paterson or at least i thought i was...apologies if I have made an error somewhere but please, do tell me where I have gone wrong?....

I don't know. It's just that the answer you gave had nothing to do with the advanced rules, so I figured either you were confused or that it might confuse b.patterson.

I don't know. It's just that the answer you gave had nothing to do with the advanced rules, so I figured either you were confused or that it might confuse b.patterson.

Thats fair enough, I should actually learn more about the advance panel before trying to help out anyways...and once again, thanks for the help, I am sure I will have more questions down the road...am bookmarking this thread!

This sounds somewhat like what I am trying to do for the Singaporean League...I am new at this so bare with me if I am saying something that you already know or am understanding your question incorrectly but you need to do depends on if the lower leagues are already in the db which i think it is, all you need to do is:

01) Add Nation Rule

02) Pick the nation and Add lower division and cups to existing structure

03) Now goto divisions and click add

04) On the window select single division

05) from the dropdown, select the league you want to activate

06) then for number of promotion places, set it to 0, and if there is no relegation also, set the relegation places to zero as well.

Hope this helps!

I have attempted this and it doesn't always work however as this is an advanced rules section I would believe that you should be able to copy/replicate leagues games created by SI exactly. Also once you have created the league in the list section how do you import that into the simple structure?

Does anyone know if magicmastermind124 ever provides assistance in these matters considering he has noted that SI don't.

I have attempted this and it doesn't always work however as this is an advanced rules section I would believe that you should be able to copy/replicate leagues games created by SI exactly. Also once you have created the league in the list section how do you import that into the simple structure?

Does anyone know if magicmastermind124 ever provides assistance in these matters considering he has noted that SI don't.

I used to provide a lot of answers. The reason I don't look at other peoples files right now is because I am working on my own release.

Has anybody figured out yet what the "League Team Order" tab in the competition does? I remember the old thread mentioned it once and someone was speculating but I can't find the post. It almost looks like there are supposed to be more details for the Teams(0) that show up when you add a team order. Is that a bug with the advanced panels or supposed to be like this?

If you look at the mls.xml file in the editor and in notepad you'll see that there are teams in that list. Once I figure out how to add teams onto the list I'll update the format.rar file.

If you look at the mls.xml file in the editor and in notepad you'll see that there are teams in that list. Once I figure out how to add teams onto the list I'll update the format.rar file.

Ah ok, any idea what it's for? The idea of ordering teams in a league seems pretty useless, unless it isn't referring to the league table but something else.

Ah ok, any idea what it's for? The idea of ordering teams in a league seems pretty useless, unless it isn't referring to the league table but something else.

Could be a list used for the draft system?

I used to provide a lot of answers. The reason I don't look at other peoples files right now is because I am working on my own release.

Thanks for letting me know however do you know of a quick way to replicate the SI setup for Australia to include the Semi-Pro and Amature Teams?

I have one more question before I start my game. I tested it for 10 years and works, but there is one issue. I have set up fixture rules, everything works, but other teams fill only 11 players in match, there is rarely 1 (only 1, not more) players on bench. And there is rule of 7 subs. Can this be solved?

I have one more question before I start my game. I tested it for 10 years and works, but there is one issue. I have set up fixture rules, everything works, but other teams fill only 11 players in match, there is rarely 1 (only 1, not more) players on bench. And there is rule of 7 subs. Can this be solved?

Try putting "Invalid" in type of squad registration.

Sorry, was busy and wasnt able to respond sooner, well, I am afraid I am cant help you here as I am still figuring things out but since what you are doing is somewhat similar to mine, I will update if I stumble on something!

hello guys

could anybody explain when to use "qualifyn team for comp " and when "set league fate" ?

when is needed to mark "next year"...and whats the diference in "stage to set the league fate in"

which one should i choose to take the final playoff round winner to an upper div ?

thanks in advance

Archived