FM11: Khouma Babacar

DavidRicardo

im halfway through the second season with utd, play 4-3-3 with one stiker and rooney, hernandez and macheda vying for that spot (beast, mini-beast and beast in the making). now i am going to have to sell valencia to make room for rooney on the right AM so i can bring in babacar, meaning my lone striker would be no older than 22 and usually 18, or revert back to my secondary formation, 4-4-2, which would leave new signing rodwell without a 1st team slot (and i also dont like playing ganso in a two man centre midfield away from home). oh the dilemma...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

This guy is amazing!!!!

Bought him in my first season with Arsenal in january.

First season: 26 apps, 19 goals and 16 assists

Second season: 40 apps. 43 goals and 24 assists.(the season is not over yet)

He's a beast!!!!!

I am trying to buy him now for Sheffield United in the second season (after getting promoted first season). Fiorentina are demanding £24.75 million for him and I can't afford that just yet. In January they gave me £15 million to strengthen so bid for it but there having none of it. I'll have to try and get him at the start of season 3. I just hope they don't ask for even more money for him then :(

Try 48 months mate. And he will get more expensive.

Ohh didn't think of that, Ill give it a try. Fiorentina aren't playing him on my game for some reason so he should want to come to me. Especially as I'm top of league. What kind of wage does he ask for, anyone know?

I signed him for £18m + £4m when he scores 50 league goals. At first he wanted £165,000 per week, but I got him down to £95,000 - in fact there was no argument about it, he accepted straight away. Anyway, he hasn't been great for me. 16 in 35(7) league games and 28 in 55(10) in all comps. That's in a season and a half, and he's 23 years old. I'm playing him as a complete forward with two deep-lying forwards. Any tips?

I just took over Tottenham in late 2012 and after 7 matches watching Defoe, Pavlyuchenko and Keane sending shots everywhere, except for into the back of the net I splashed £ 22M and £ 83K a week on this guy. The debut went exceedingly well, as he scored after just 39 seconds and added another one later on. Will be enjoying having him in my team I think :-)

• 2 weeks later...

just signed babacar for £15 million its the season 2014 ( i signed him in 2013, but allowed him to stay at fiorentina til end of italian season)

I am reverting my double european champions arsenal to a 4-4-2 formation as my 4-5-1 formation we struggled against 4-4-2 teams (it seems man city, man utd, chelski, liverpool have all reverted to 4-4-2)

I want Babacar to parnter Van Persie up top, I have Van Persie playing the "Complete forward" in attacking mode, but not too sure how to play babacar - as van persie is set as complete forward I am thinking of playing him as a poacher, as i want him to always be in the box, as i like my winger to cross from the byline and to drill them to the back post

can anyone give me some advice - to assist I have Eden Hazard left wing and will probably have Zarate or Walcott right wing

playing a 4-4-2 with rvp or chamakh as complete forward with babacar as advanced forward, 23 goals in his 1st 23 games aint bad, is a real poacher in the box thou!!! so far so good, sometime worry though it takes him a couple of chances to then score.

causes trouble for the centre backs very rarely will he not win a header!!!

Despite his changes since the new patch, I decided to buy Babacar for my Man City team at the beginning of the game, at a relatively cheap £12.5M, well, cheap by City's standards. I'm playing a 4-4-2, so he's the third choice striker, even at 17 years old. He isn't half bad, by the way. He's being tutoured by Tevez. He scored on his league debut in a 5-0 thumping over Wolves. Off the bench, mind you, but still. He's not looked so great in the 3 other starts I've given him, but that's mainly because I have no idea how to play him and haven't put much thought into it. He's played as Complete Forward Attack a few times and being ineffective for the most part. He works coming off the bench as a Poacher, but not starting. I will try out Target Man Attack next. I can only hope.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived