The FM11 Looking For Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've made a bid for Adler, but doubt it will be high enough.

I have bidded for Stekelenburg and I think I am close to agreeing a price around £11m so i may go for him.

I will have a look at Diego Lopez.

I can't afford Pepe Reina

Alex Smithies is my last choice. Although I may sign him if I can get him for cheap as back-up.

I've made a bid for Adler, but doubt it will be high enough.

I have bidded for Stekelenburg and I think I am close to agreeing a price around £11m so i may go for him.

I will have a look at Diego Lopez.

I can't afford Pepe Reina

Alex Smithies is my last choice. Although I may sign him if I can get him for cheap as back-up.

You should be able to get Smithies for about £600k to £1m :thup:.

At the start of the season you can get him for £600k. So unless he has really done well then you shouldn't have to pay too much more as you're only in January of the first season.

I have just agreed a price of £900k which I think is a bargain :thup:.

Club: Man Utd

Budget: £12.25m

Looking for: Goalkeeper

With: The ability to fit straight in as #1

Season: First (January 2011)

Akinfeev is superb but expensive.

Or if you want "Home Grown" Try Begovic, believe it or not, he is quality and costs less than 5 mil usually.

Youngster, prospect .... Butland.

Club: Bolton

Budget: 2mill

Looking for: Right Back

With: Defensive Mind (tackling, marking, stamina)

Other: Back up to Steinsson but younger than him as I would like him to be a 1st teamer, so I would say about 22/23 years old

Season: 1st

Signing on Fee:

Agent Fee: Nominal

Sime Vrsaljko usually goes for around £1M. Would also do what Rice2cu suggested and agree a deal for Romario as well, only costs about £400k.

Club: Coventry

Budget: £525k (looking to spend about £200-300k)

Looking for: Fullback (either side, although preferably left)

With: Balance between attack and defense, Premiership potential

Other: preferably young and british, I'm trying to build a side for promotion in 2 or 3 seasons so a bit of potential would be good

Season: 2010/11

Club: Nottingham Forest

Budget: £4.5m/£175k. It was £10.5m/50k

Looking for: Goalkeeper, 2 Left Backs, 1 maybe 3 Centre Backs, 1 Right Midfielder, 1 maybe 3 Centre Midfielders, 1 maybe 2 Left Midfielders and 2 maybe 2 Strikers

Other: Don't want to be spending alot.

Season: July 2011, season two. In the Premiership.

Signing on Fee: N/A

Agent Fee: N/A

I'm looking for a new keeper as I have let Paul Smith go. I have Lee Camp and Karl Darlow who are more than good enough for this level. I would like to sign a new keeper that could become number one in a few seasons. I have offers for two keepers at the moment. One being Smithies and the other being this Armenian keeper who is rated better than Camp now. I'm not sure about signing the Armenian keeper as I don't know if he will adapt well and Camp had a good season. So to demote him to number two would be slightly unfair. I was hoping that some of you may be able to recommend someone.

The left back spot was problematic from Janaury onwards in my first season and I think this could have something to do with why my form wasn't as good from January onwards. I currently have a left back called Rossato and Chris Gunter, Brendan Moloney, Chris Cohen and Joel Lynch who can play there. I retrained Moloney and he successfully played there for some of the latter part of my first season. Whilst Rossato could be good enough, I don't want to take the risk as his tackling and a few other attributes are a bit suspect. I have got three current targets in mind and they are Jose Shaffer, Raul Bravo and Carl Dickinson. I'm swaing towards signing Shaffer and Dickinson with Dickinson being number one. Like with the goalkeeper position, do you have any suitable targets which could be good for me without breaking the bank.

The centre back position isn't that key really. However, I do like to have five centre backs. I currently have four with those being Wes Morgan, Kelvin Wilson, Luke Chambers and Joel Lynch. Morgan and Wilson are the best pairing I have and whilst Chambers and Lynch are good enough back ups I want to find and get equal quality if possible. I have a few targets again but maybe you have some for me.

The right midfielder, left midfielder and central midfield roles all depend. I currently have Paul Anderson as my right midfielder and no back up. I don't have any first choice left midfielder but have four good central midfielders and they are Paul McKenna, Raddy Majewski, Chris Cohen and Lewis McGugan. I don't mind shifting Cohen back out to the left and retraining McGugan as a right midfielder. Again I would like some good options

The forwards position is fairly weak at the minute as I only have Joe Garner, Dexter Blackstock and David McGoldrick. I have a few targets but would like some opions and more options please.

Thanks.

Go for Smithies or Loach for GK, they are better than Camp.

The rest I'm not sure but for left back look at Monzon ( I think. He's at Boca) He gets a few cards but is a beast.

Ok cool. Smithies wanted £16k a week and wouldn't budge, so the Armenian keeper is still a possibility. Will check Monzon and Loach but I have signed Dickinson.

Club: Leverkusen

Budget: 9mill

Looking for: A decent 3rd choice CB

With: Good stats all round the board

Other: Prefebly low wages and young

Season: 3rd

Signing on Fee: n/a

Agent Fee: n/a

Leonel Galeano or Phil Jones, should both be about 20yrs old in your save and about 9mil

Club: Coventry

Budget: £525k (looking to spend about £200-300k)

Looking for: Fullback (either side, although preferably left)

With: Balance between attack and defense, Premiership potential

Other: preferably young and british, I'm trying to build a side for promotion in 2 or 3 seasons so a bit of potential would be good

Season: 2010/11

You may struggle with that budget to secure a good full back.

However, you could loan in someone like Coleman from Everton.

Club: Nottingham Forest

Budget: £4.5m/£175k. It was £10.5m/50k

Looking for: Goalkeeper, 2 Left Backs, 1 maybe 3 Centre Backs, 1 Right Midfielder, 1 maybe 3 Centre Midfielders, 1 maybe 2 Left Midfielders and 2 maybe 2 Strikers

Other: Don't want to be spending alot.

Season: July 2011, season two. In the Premiership.

Signing on Fee: N/A

Agent Fee: N/A

. Thanks.

GK.... As I said above, Butland for about a Mil.

CB... Only one choice, Guilermo Burdisso (22/23). He starts on a season long loan but the club he's at do not usually take up the option to buy him.

You can get him for 750k at the very start of season two and believe me, he is pure quality. Be quick with your offer though, there will be interst.

LB.... Cant help you on your budget sorry, although you could look at Jack Robinson at Liverpool, he is very young and has a lot of room to improve.

LMid...... Bounanotte (SP?), should be able to get him for 2 mil (Spread the payment) and he is very consistent/reliable, or go for the youngster Zezinho who improves fast and becomes very good... Ive seen him go for under a mil in season 2.

Rmid......... Look at Belhanda, not sure of price.

CMid.... Gotta be Belhadj (SP?), but he's gonna cost about 4 mil (Spread payment).... Great player at that price though. For a DMC look at Nemp Mendy, I think he's relatively cheap for a quality player.

Strikers..... Wickham for about 2.5mil but he needs some developing. See how much they want for Lukaku, he's quality even though he's young. Maybe try Kadlec if he aint already been sold at the start of the game.

I think on your budget, you will prolly need to loan a player or two tbh. GL.

Club: Liverpool

Budget: 10-15 M €

Looking for: striker.

With: must be the first reserve for Torres. I sold Ngog, bought Leigh Griifths as hot prospect and got Lukaku bought for next season. I need someone who can fill the lone striker position in my 4231 when Torres needs rest and when he's is injuried, must have good international experience

Season: 1st season 1st transfer window

With: must be the first reserve for Torres. I sold Ngog, bought Leigh Griifths as hot prospect and got Lukaku bought for next season. I need someone who can fill the lone striker position in my 4231 when Torres needs rest and when he's is injuried, must have good international experience

A few names to look at; Artem Milevskyi, Abel Hernandez, Luis Suarez, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Stefan Kiessling.

Club: Arsenal

Budget: GBP 40 Million [Eden Hazard IN GBP 20M, Manuel Almunia OUT GBP 9M, Tomas Rosicky OUT GBP 10.75 M]

Looking for: 1st Choice Goalkeeper to replace Fabianski

Season: 1st Season, January Window

Fees: As low as possible

I'm considering Adler, Lloris, Akinfeev, Reina, and Benaglio but they will all cost 15M to 30M GBP which I thought was a bit too much for a goalkeeper. Thoughts?

(I considered Ochoa, but I'm not sure if he's as good as the others. I did have him for 3 seasons on a previous save and he did very well indeed.)

GK.... As I said above, Butland for about a Mil.

CB... Only one choice, Guilermo Burdisso (22/23). He starts on a season long loan but the club he's at do not usually take up the option to buy him.

You can get him for 750k at the very start of season two and believe me, he is pure quality. Be quick with your offer though, there will be interst.

LB.... Cant help you on your budget sorry, although you could look at Jack Robinson at Liverpool, he is very young and has a lot of room to improve.

LMid...... Bounanotte (SP?), should be able to get him for 2 mil (Spread the payment) and he is very consistent/reliable, or go for the youngster Zezinho who improves fast and becomes very good... Ive seen him go for under a mil in season 2.

Rmid......... Look at Belhanda, not sure of price.

CMid.... Gotta be Belhadj (SP?), but he's gonna cost about 4 mil (Spread payment).... Great player at that price though. For a DMC look at Nemp Mendy, I think he's relatively cheap for a quality player.

Strikers..... Wickham for about 2.5mil but he needs some developing. See how much they want for Lukaku, he's quality even though he's young. Maybe try Kadlec if he aint already been sold at the start of the game.

I think on your budget, you will prolly need to loan a player or two tbh. GL.

I signed Butland for £1.2m :D. I missed out on Burdisso as when I went to check he was valued at £2.6m and his club would have wanted £3.5m which I can't afford. A few weeks later he joined Everton for £7m, I think. I signed Steven Caulker on loan and Cadu. The left back role I signed Carl Dickinson and I have Rossato as well. I have three left backs on my shortlist but two are out of contract in a few months. So i'm just waiting patiently. For right mid I moved McGugan out there and have McGoldrick as well. For left mid i've signed someone called Culio from Cluj. For centre mid i've signed Van Bommel on a free. As for strikers forgot about them except Wickham who had already joined Man city. I've signed Matt Derbyshire, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on loan again and some Greek striker.

Thanks though mate :D.

Club: Arsenal

Budget: GBP 40 Million [Eden Hazard IN GBP 20M, Manuel Almunia OUT GBP 9M, Tomas Rosicky OUT GBP 10.75 M]

I'm considering Adler, Lloris, Akinfeev, Reina, and Benaglio but they will all cost 15M to 30M GBP which I thought was a bit too much for a goalkeeper. Thoughts?

(I considered Ochoa, but I'm not sure if he's as good as the others. I did have him for 3 seasons on a previous save and he did very well indeed.)

I'd buy Ochoa mate. I rate him better than the others :thup:.

You dont need another striker..... Trust Lukaku, he's young but does the bizz from the strt usually.

I played him upfront alone at West Ham in the first season and he bagged 17 goals in about 30 apps at age 17.

He improves very fast, especially if you have him on a more intense training schedule.

QUOTE=stupidmoose;6357749]Club: Arsenal

Akinfeev is your man, he's one of the top GK's in the game imo.

Get Butland as a hot prospect. Next England No1.

Club: Tottenham

Budget: 6 mill

Looking for: Cover for VDV/Modric/Lennon/Bale.

With: Pace/good mental stats/decent technique

Other: Preferably under 26

Season:Before the 2012/2013 seasons

Signing on Fee:under 700k

Agent Fee:same as above

And Affelay is out of the question because utd bought him

Antoine Griezmann of Espanyol S.A.D (Beginning of the game, depends if he's transferred to another club or not) :thup:

What Joe The Man said.

Very good plaeyer.

Ben Arfa is always available for cheap after the first season, he might still be available.

Lucas from Sao Paolo is a great young player, he has a buyout clause of £3.6M at the start but he usually gets a revised contract after the first season so he'll probably cost around there.

Belhanda and Ait Fana from Montpellier are more wingers than central players but both are young and good.

Carlos Eduardo

Lewis Holtby

Club: Leeds

Budget: 26 Mil

Looking for: Striker, Wingers, Defenders

Season: 2nd

Marcus Berg should be transfer listed for £3-4M and is a near perfect poacher.

Shaqiri, Franck Tabanou are good traditional wingers.

Rafael Toloi, Mats Hummels, Sidnei, Jordan Spence, Leonal Galeano are good central defenders.

Joe-Cheers for those, might be on to something.

DustyAligator-As it happens, Ben Arfa could be gotten on a free transfer, although his wage demands are extravagent to say the least!

Yeah he usually wants upwards of £45k/w but with his either footed-ness and good technical stats, he makes defenders look foolish sometimes. I'd say he's definitely worth as a free agent; while other players might take a smaller contract, the lack of a transfer fee will make up for it and he can pretty much play every attacking position.

Club: Leeds

Budget: 26 Mil

Looking for: Striker, Wingers, Defenders

Season: 2nd

Defenders..... Guuilermo Burdisso, 800k (Only at the very start of season 2). Dont be put off by his cheap price, he is quality.

Phil Jones, 9 mil, next England CB.

Galeano 6 mil..... My Fav CB in FM.... Quality youngster.

Strikers.... Lukaku, Sanogo, Babacar or the older and more obvious Dzeko.

Wingers.... Look at Eden Hazard, Gervinho, Belhanda, Bounanotte and Zezinho

Archived