The Official FMRTE 2011 Thread

Jinner Jamie

This is already possible. Ctrl+A does it :D

Oh my god!!!! I had NEVER realised this! lol!!!! Thankyou!!!! Saved so much time!

Thanks Ruci for even considering it! Top marks for taking suggestions, but no point wasting your time if Ctrl+A does it!!! Thanks again for a wonderful tool!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've used it in a minor way a few times without that disastrous effect. The only problem is when I try to rename one of my coaches 'Ray Crawford'. although there are loads of Crawfords in the db, it keeps reverting to 'Ray Becket'.

I have figured your problem out, when renaming someone e.g 'Ray Becket' you can only give them a different name with the same number of letters. So 'Becket' has 6 letters you could change it to 'Rooney' for instance. As long as the name you change him to has equal number of characters you'll be okay.

sorry, can't. The thing is, i used this to add a white stripe to my team's shirt and it works a treat. I'm still in my first season so i don't know if something weird will happen next season, but so far so good.

Dw, I almost didnt expect any help from people. Short of sending anyone my saved game I cant really see how theres a solution for the game refusing to take red as a colour, picking a colour for a kit that isnt there anymore, and randomly swapping it at the end of the season. And it's not even just like my saved game is messed up, the same thing has happened to me in FM09, AND FM10, it's ridiculous. I'm really getting more and more ****ed off.

I can't get this to run, I downloaded the game from the GAME website.

I've patched it so now on the game status page it says it is version 1.11.1 158038(m.e v906).

I've saved the game its still my first day in the job (is that an issue). The error that keeps coming up says that it can not find FM11 running. I've tried all the different versions of FMRTE and I've unistalled the old ones before I've tried the new ones including the one that says directdownload.

Is the version I've downloaded just not supported or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Grafton83

Finally worked this out, if anyone else had the same problem you need the 4.0.121 version and to run the .exe as an adminastrator.

Anyway of changing a staffs role? I tried swapping a certain one with my assistant but it won't let me cause it's gotta be someone of the same role.

I don't have enough coaches so tried converting some scouts to coaches, but no dice.

What you could try is converting a scouts job preference to 'scout 1' and 'coach 20', then trying to offer the scout a job as a coach. That might work, but I haven't tried.

my fmrte has just stopped working saying it doesnt support version 11.2.0f163899 is there a new fmrte update to sort this problem .

Please give Ruci the time to adapt FMRTE to the new patch, which has been released this afternoon. Normally this takes 1 or 2 days.

Grafton83,

I'm in exactly the same situation as you (Digital download from GAME), but you say you're using version 4.0.121...does that version exist? I'm using the newest version, and where would I be be able to 'Run it as administrator'? I can't see that option with my right click.

Would be very grateful if someone could help.

He is yes I believe he spend some time this week trying to sort the next release out :D

I hope he releases one for the normal 11.2 patch. The only people that need 11.2.1 are the people that had issues with save games not loading because of poland. The majority will still be using 11.2

I hope he releases one for the normal 11.2 patch. The only people that need 11.2.1 are the people that had issues with save games not loading because of poland. The majority will still be using 11.2

Post from the man himself on the FMRTE website a few minutes ago:

Hi guys,

I'm going to start working on FMRTE right now,

this new version will add support for 11.2.1 Patch only (i wont do it for the 11.2.0)

Post from the man himself on the FMRTE website a few minutes ago:

Hi guys,

I'm going to start working on FMRTE right now,

this new version will add support for 11.2.1 Patch only (i wont do it for the 11.2.0)

Thats a joke. The 11.2.1 hotfix only fixes 2 issues for people using a saved game from 11.1.1 which contained the Polish leagues and wouldnt load. And from the feedback from that, that is even starting to cause more problems now.

Even guys from SI have said if your game is fine with 11.2 and all your saves load then you dont need it. This is everybody with the disc version of the game. So now everybody that has the disc version and wants to use this needs to install a hotfix that they dont need which could lead to more problems. Fantastic! Excellent logic there.

Thats a joke. The 11.2.1 hotfix only fixes 2 issues for people using a saved game from 11.1.1 which contained the Polish leagues and wouldnt load. And from the feedback from that, that is even starting to cause more problems now.

Even guys from SI have said if your game is fine with 11.2 and all your saves load then you dont need it. This is everybody with the disc version of the game. So now everybody that has the disc version and wants to use this needs to install a hotfix that they dont need which could lead to more problems. Fantastic! Excellent logic there.

It may be annoying, but putting the hotfix on won't affect your game in any way.

It may be annoying, but putting the hotfix on won't affect your game in any way.

My game is running fine with 11.2. And after reading the feedback from 11.2.1, I dont really want to touch it incase of any knock on effects which people are starting to experience now. Im running the disc version, the hotfix is for Steam/Byteshield users so why install it?

Im sure im not alone here. The hotfix is for Steam/Byteshield users the are trying to load saves from 11.1.1 with polish leagues loaded. Now do you seriously think that there are more people that need the hotfix and have installed it compared to people just using 11.2 because they dont need the hotfix?

My game is running fine with 11.2. And after reading the feedback from 11.2.1, I dont really want to touch it incase of any knock on effects which people are starting to experience now. Im running the disc version, the hotfix is for Steam/Byteshield users so why install it?

Im sure im not alone here. The hotfix is for Steam/Byteshield users the are trying to load saves from 11.1.1 with polish leagues loaded. Now do you seriously think that there are more people that need the hotfix and have installed it compared to people just using 11.2 because they dont need the hotfix?

No I don't, and I'm not running the hotfix. But if Ruci is, it's gonna be much harder for him to make it 11.2.0 compatible.

No I don't, and I'm not running the hotfix. But if Ruci is, it's gonna be much harder for him to make it 11.2.0 compatible.

Not really. Just install 11.2.0 and make it compatible then install 11.2.1 then make it compatible. His previous version was compatible for 11.1.0 and 11.1.1 so why not?

The reason Ruci will release it for 11.2.1 only, is that it is much easier for him to program one across the board. Rather then programming it for every patch released for the game will just take to much time.

The reason Ruci will release it for 11.2.1 only, is that it is much easier for him to program one across the board. Rather then programming it for every patch released for the game will just take to much time.

So basically the majority of people have to install a hotfix they dont need which could open their game up to more problems just to use it. Thats great.

So basically the majority of people have to install a hotfix they dont need which could open their game up to more problems just to use it. Thats great.

Is the hotfix not just 11.2 that fixes a few issues for Steam users? I'm not sure what more problems it is going to open.

Is the hotfix not just 11.2 that fixes a few issues for Steam users? I'm not sure what more problems it is going to open.

Well yes basically the hotfix just fixes two issues. One being users of Steam and Byteshield couldnt load saved game which were created using 11.1.1 containing the Polish leagues. The other issue was in network games, people couldnt set contract lengths when negotiating contracts.

People have been reporting a few more issues though since installing the hotfix. Things to do with the tactic screen and other things. My game is fine now just using 11.2 so I dont really want to install an unneeded hotfix which could cause issues with my game. Im sure a lot of other people will be in the same boat on hearing this news.

You are coming over both here and on the FMRTE website as being a spoilt brat. 11.2.0 works for some folk, but 10.2.1 works for everyone and is automatically downloaded for Steam users. Just update and quit moaning.

If im sure that updating wont harm my game then I will. But at the moment im not so sure with all the issues being reported.

You are coming over both here and on the FMRTE website as being a spoilt brat. 11.2.0 works for some folk, but 10.2.1 works for everyone and is automatically downloaded for Steam users. Just update and quit moaning.

Like I said, Ruci is running 11.2.1, just easier, if I have to spend 5 minutes putting the new patch on to run it, so be it.

I'm a DVD user and I updated to the hotfix and as far as I can work out nothing seems to be wrong.

Hopefully that will be the case but as you know with bugs, not everybody is affected. Ive asked in the 11.2.1 feedback thread anyway if anybody has had specific problems since installing the hotfix from 11.2 so i'll see what happens :thup:

What a shock steverobbo bickering with someone :rolleyes:

I was wondering when you would show up :rolleyes:

Offering absolutely nothing constructive again. I may be complaining/ranting/bickering, whatever, but at least im offering good reasons why and ideas for possible workarounds. What exactly are you doing here apart from trolling peoples posts?

Hopefully that will be the case but as you know with bugs, not everybody is affected. Ive asked in the 11.2.1 feedback thread anyway if anybody has had specific problems since installing the hotfix from 11.2 so i'll see what happens :thup:

Yeah I have just seen his post on the forum glad everything has been sorted. Lets all be friends again :)

Here is what Ruci put:

I think that the majority will be using 11.2.1 as STEAM updates it automatically, so unless users disable auto-update, all steam users would be affected if I make it for 11.2.0 only

as STEAM users cannot downgrade to 11.2.0 while DVD users can choose if they want to install the hot fix or not..

Anyway, if there I see that too many users are being affected by this, i may release a new version in a few days to support 11.2.0

Cheers

Archived