Mr Hough Winger 10.3

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm playing with Valencia and I'm conceding approximately 2 goals per game and score approximately 3 per game.

I feel that the midfield isnt dominating enough.

I dont like the swapping positions between the wingers since the they dont know to play on the other side.Will there be any effection if i cancel the swap ?

btw,are there any tips to dominate in the midfield ?

I'm playing with Valencia and I'm conceding approximately 2 goals per game and score approximately 3 per game.

I feel that the midfield isnt dominating enough.

I dont like the swapping positions between the wingers since the they dont know to play on the other side.Will there be any effection if i cancel the swap ?

btw,are there any tips to dominate in the midfield ?

I'm working on the midfield and i have nothing at the minute i'm afraid, I'll keep working on it though and hopefully have a cheeky update tomorrow

I'm working on the midfield and i have nothing at the minute i'm afraid, I'll keep working on it though and hopefully have a cheeky update tomorrow

Cool,thanks mate.

i think if you will be able to make the midfield like you did on the 4-1-2-3 tactic,this winger one would be awesome ;)

With me the defende and mid are very goods..

Here is the perfection of the attack replaces the failures of the defense, I suffer two goals a game but do 4 / 5 ...

and Here working perfect!!

I won all the games with corinthians

20 Games + with dont loses..

Look to my position,and Pts.. Fantastic!

1285194209-clip-10kb.png

This tactic is perfect,no need nothing!!

With me the defende and mid are very goods..

Here is the perfection of the attack replaces the failures of the defense, I suffer two goals a game but do 4 / 5 ...

thats the problem here.I can score even 5 goals,but you losing the whole dominating part here.I dont want to concede 3+ goals per game just to score 4/5+.

I'm at Tottenham these are my results so far with the tactic:

Tottenham 3 x 1 Inter - UCL

Tottenham 4 x 0 Bolton - EPL

Aston Villa 0 x 4 Tottenham - EPL

Schalke 0 x 4 Tottenham - UCL

Tottenham 4 x 0 West Brom - EPL

Tottenham 4 x 0 Stoke - Carling Cup

Newcastle 1 x 2 Tottenham - EPL

Tottenham 3 x 0 Schalke - UCL

Tottenham 5 x 1 Man City - EPL

Tottenham 5 x 1 Wigan - EPL

Tottenham 5 x 1 Bursaspor - UCL

Chelsea 2 x 4 Tottenham - EPL

West Ham 1 x 3 Tottenham - Carling Cup

I'm at Tottenham these are my results so far with the tactic:

Tottenham 3 x 1 Inter - UCL

Tottenham 4 x 0 Bolton - EPL

Aston Villa 0 x 4 Tottenham - EPL

Schalke 0 x 4 Tottenham - UCL

Tottenham 4 x 0 West Brom - EPL

Tottenham 4 x 0 Stoke - Carling Cup

Newcastle 1 x 2 Tottenham - EPL

Tottenham 3 x 0 Schalke - UCL

Tottenham 5 x 1 Man City - EPL

Tottenham 5 x 1 Wigan - EPL

Tottenham 5 x 1 Bursaspor - UCL

Chelsea 2 x 4 Tottenham - EPL

West Ham 1 x 3 Tottenham - Carling Cup

Impressive results.

I've tried a few games and I have to say the attacking part is really impressive. The defense is quite solid as well. The only games I lost unfortunatelly were the ones that mattered. In away games to better teams it seemed to me I didn't have enough control from the midfield. Now, for some constructive criticism. The fact that there are 2 MCs, and no DM, and the fact that both are playing on the same line as each other can leave gaps between midfield and your defensive line when you don't have the ball. Here is a screenshot of what I mean

mrh.png

In this situation, the lack of a DM means I have no spare man at the back, and it's pretty much a 4 vs 4 situation. It also illustrates the fact that you will ocassionaly have trouble with forwards that drop deep to receive the ball, and with teams that use players playing between the lines (AMCs/DMs).

Of course, having 2 MCs has a lot of benefits, and to be honest they are doing a wonderfull job of keeping possesion and preventing counters. There are many things one could try to make t more stable in the midlfield, like having 2 DMs with relatively offensive mentalities instead of 2 MCs with lower mentalities, or just lowering the mentality on one of the MCs, or droping one of them to DM position, pushing the D-line and/or defender's mentalities up by a couple of notches or...well there are loads of options to experiment with, most of wich I am sure have been tested extensively and dismissed. In fact I am not sure the tactic should be tweaked at all, the defense seems solid as it is and you can easily dominate games while pllaying some eye-catching football - but if it has a weakness I believe it is the one I mentioned above.

I've tried a few games and I have to say the attacking part is really impressive. The defense is quite solid as well. The only games I lost unfortunatelly were the ones that mattered. In away games to better teams it seemed to me I didn't have enough control from the midfield. Now, for some constructive criticism. The fact that there are 2 MCs, and no DM, and the fact that both are playing on the same line as each other can leave gaps between midfield and your defensive line when you don't have the ball. Here is a screenshot of what I mean

mrh.png

In this situation, the lack of a DM means I have no spare man at the back, and it's pretty much a 4 vs 4 situation. It also illustrates the fact that you will ocassionaly have trouble with forwards that drop deep to receive the ball, and with teams that use players playing between the lines (AMCs/DMs).

Of course, having 2 MCs has a lot of benefits, and to be honest they are doing a wonderfull job of keeping possesion and preventing counters. There are many things one could try to make t more stable in the midlfield, like having 2 DMs with relatively offensive mentalities instead of 2 MCs with lower mentalities, or just lowering the mentality on one of the MCs, or droping one of them to DM position, pushing the D-line and/or defender's mentalities up by a couple of notches or...well there are loads of options to experiment with, most of wich I am sure have been tested extensively and dismissed. In fact I am not sure the tactic should be tweaked at all, the defense seems solid as it is and you can easily dominate games while pllaying some eye-catching football - but if it has a weakness I believe it is the one I mentioned above.

I completely agree with the midfield analysis and it's frustrating i have tried alsorts with the Midfielders and haven't been able to find anything yet, What i want them to do is just stayin a holding position but they always seem to go forward and that leaves gaps when the the opposition counters.

I'm trying with something similar in FML, and while on the offensive side i see nice football between the forwards and wide AMs, i face the same problem, that is the space in between the defense and the midfield.

For example, vs 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond teams, their midfielders have too much space. You can man mark the DM with your forward, each CM usually picks one of the opposite CM but then the AMC is totally free of mark as also your two defenseman are covering the two forwards.

Sadly in this year engine i can't find good defensive stabillity without a DM to pick the opposite AMC or the Deep lying FC in 3 forward formations. I'm going to keep trying, maybe the key is high defensive line to not to leave space for the AMC to move that freely, but then you need quick DC's or you will get burned on deep balls.

Sadly in this year engine i can't find good defensive stabillity without a DM to pick the opposite AMC or the Deep lying FC in 3 forward formations. I'm going to keep trying, maybe the key is high defensive line to not to leave space for the AMC to move that freely, but then you need quick DC's or you will get burned on deep balls.

It's really less about the match engine and more about how formations work. Any 2 man midfield will always be at disadvantage vs a 3 man midfield. Moreover, in real football you will never see any 2 man midfield tactic where the 2 MCs play on the same line - one always plays deeper, and there is a reason for that. I agree with you on the defensive line, it is one of the things you can do to reduce space between defense and midfield. The key is to find the right combination so that you don't expose yourself to too many counters either.

After continuing one of my save games as man utd i have come up against Real Madrid in the Champions League, They have played a 4-2-2-2 with 2 DM's and i was delighted to see this formation becuase i know knowi can make this tactic work if i see the opposition using it.

I ahve begun to make this tactic again but through the Tactic Creater instead of Classic Style, After playing a few games i can already see it starting to take shape and the midfield is playing alot better holding position.

Yeah it's working alot better, I don't know if anybody has noticed this but as an avid tactic maker that i am i have and think it is very strange, Here is the problem.

When i make a tactic i generally make it in the wizard and change it too classic to finish it off, But there isn't a Philosophy slidder in classic and i think that is the downfall because with the Philosphy it changes the way your team moves plays and you can control it in the Wizard but not in the Classic.

I have noticed this now as i play around with the Wizard more and more.

I am currently on a Chelsea save and using Mr Hough new tactic, results so far:

Blackburn won 3-0

Everton won 2-1 (away)

WBA won 4-2

Sunderland won 3-2 (away)

West Ham won 3-0

CSKA Moscow won 2-1 (away)

Stoke won 1-0

Birmingham won 3-2

Aston Villa won 4-0

Galatasaray won 5-0 (away)

Tottenham won 3-1 (away)

not sure whether it has anything to do with it or not tbh, i change team mentality to defensive for away games, seems to work so far

Yeah it's working alot better, I don't know if anybody has noticed this but as an avid tactic maker that i am i have and think it is very strange, Here is the problem.

When i make a tactic i generally make it in the wizard and change it too classic to finish it off, But there isn't a Philosophy slidder in classic and i think that is the downfall because with the Philosphy it changes the way your team moves plays and you can control it in the Wizard but not in the Classic.

I have noticed this now as i play around with the Wizard more and more.

sir, I think the philosophy slider is just there, to have a certain mentality system.

so like rigid means, no matter whether your striker is on a support duty or not, hell be always havin a higher mentality as for example your amc or winger with an attack duty.

in a more fluid system your players mentality will be as close as possible to each other.

but it will definately have no effect, if you chose a fluid philosophy and change the mentality of any single player individually so that you have a ultra rigid system in which all the 6 def. players are defensiv and the 4 attacking players ultra offensiv.

youre not going to play fluid just because you chosed a fluid system^^

so as long as you change the mentality in the individual instruction, your team wont play as the team instructions tells them!!!

Yeah, philosophy is primarily about you mentality structure. Like el_magico89 says, if you manually change all the player's mentality settings then chances are you won't be actually playing rigid, fluid etc... unless you incorporate the structure for each philosophy into your mentality settings.

It's pretty easy to incorporate into the classic tactic screen once you know the structures.

I start new game whit Arsenal

Frendly game: Play 8 won 8 score 44 conceded 8

League,Cup and Championship: Play 8 won 7 draw 1 score 28 conceded 9

Well tooooo may conceded goals so i change settings of my four backs. I use settings of Kawee tactics and change def.line to Push Up.

And this is results:

Arsenal - Sheff Utd 4-0 H League Cup

Arsenal - Sunderland 8-0 H Premier

Arsenal - R.Madrid 4-1 H Champions

Arsenal - Hull 3-0 A Premier

Arsenal - Man Utd 5-0 A Premier

It would be nice for some of us who are used to the various in-match sideline options you have with a Wizard version to have a Wizard version of this. I'm playing back and forth with your previous tactic and this one, playing with a mid-range Championship league team, playing a match with one tactic, quitting and then replaying the match with the other tactic. I'll post observations.

Thanks for the great work!

It would be nice for some of us who are used to the various in-match sideline options you have with a Wizard version to have a Wizard version of this. I'm playing back and forth with your previous tactic and this one, playing with a mid-range Championship league team, playing a match with one tactic, quitting and then replaying the match with the other tactic. I'll post observations.

Thanks for the great work!

In a tactic like this, where most of the individual settings are changed, the shouts would actually have no effect at all while playing with the TC.

I also tweaked the defence like Lord Sith did, Implemented the Nike defence in the system and it worked like a charm. Before I did so, I was conceding 1-2 goals a match (with Barcelona, year 2022 but still world class) and now I have 4 clean sheets in a row. Also don't get CCC against me as much (1 out of 5 matches).

I basicly only changed the mentality of the 4 defenders and the right midfielder, to make him close the gap between the midfield and the defence. Second thing I did was move up the D-line to the first notch of 'push up'.

Might be the solution for conceding too much...

I also tweaked the defence like Lord Sith did, Implemented the Nike defence in the system and it worked like a charm. Before I did so, I was conceding 1-2 goals a match (with Barcelona, year 2022 but still world class) and now I have 4 clean sheets in a row. Also don't get CCC against me as much (1 out of 5 matches).

I basicly only changed the mentality of the 4 defenders and the right midfielder, to make him close the gap between the midfield and the defence. Second thing I did was move up the D-line to the first notch of 'push up'.

Might be the solution for conceding too much...

Care to share this tweaked tactic?

In a tactic like this, where most of the individual settings are changed, the shouts would actually have no effect at all while playing with the TC.

What is the best way then to adjust during a game? For example, with the TC and a lead in the last minutes against a team that was better than mine, I'd go to defensive and also tell the team to retain possession - I assume I'd be able to accomplish the same with this tactic by just pausing, going into the tactic, changing the mentality to defensive and up the time wasting?

Well tooooo may conceded goals so i change settings of my four backs. I use settings of Kawee tactics and change def.line to Push Up.

And this is results:

Forgive my slowness, but after doing a search I'm still not sure how to change my back 4 to accomplish what you are advocating - could you be so kind as to post specifically what you changed? Thanks.

And this is results:

can you post the link for the tactic?

Sorry about late replay but i was on hockey game :)

Firs of all i play Kawee tactic and i so thet def setting was realy good. So i take def setting of his back four and put them in Mr.Hughes tactic. Also i so in Mr. Hughes tactc gap in betwen def line and mid line, so i change def line from normal tu Push Up. And now it is all realy good..

This is resolt after my last post:

Arsenal - Stuttgart 8-0 H Champions

Arsenal - Portsmouth 4-0 H Premier

Arsenal - Man Utd 2-0 H League Cup

Arsenal - Fulham 3-0 A Premier

Arsenal - Stuttgat 5-2 A Champions - i concedend 2 goals whit 10 player when my defender was iny.

Archived