Mr Hough Winger 10.3

Are you using the original winger tactic or the Lord Sith tweak? I'm also Ipswich, conceding less with the tweaked version, also got in some pacey defenders which is key, I've got Delaney and Phil Jones at centre back, Nathaniel Clyne, Darren O'dea and Seamus Coleman at full back, when I put McCauley/Smith/Kennedy in I do look vunerable to the counter!

Was using the original but have now swithced to Lord Sith's tweaked as I'm about to start pre season friendlies. I tried to sign Jones but he went to Aston Villa instead. I've brought Seamus Coleman in on loan with a view to buy him permantley, also I've brought Darren O'Dea and Lukas Sinkiewicz plus I've still got Goran Sablic whom I got on a free last season. I'm retraining Civelli as a left back as he seems to nearly have all the attributes. So we'll see how it goes.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an update:

I am using Lord Sith's tweaked version and i am currently playing with Raith Rovers in the Scottish Div 1. In this league you play each team 4 times. I have currently played 12 league games and I am unbeaten. The only modification I have had to make is that I took this version of the tactic and tweaked it to be less attacking and more defensive counter attacking and pulled the wingers back to ML & MR. With this version I have knowcked out Rangers and Hearts in the Cup competitions. I am planning on this being my lifetime game so will take jobs at better clubs as they are offered so will continue to see how this tactic does over the long run..

I'm really glad people are liking the tactic that i made, I'm also Delighted that Lord Sith has managed to make the tactic better in defence.

What i am most happy about the tactic is that, I can probably make a tactic for most teams and it will work brilliantly, I really really like the fact that people have a go at tweaking my tactics because i think they can always be better and if i can't make them better then i release them and hopefully someone out there will as they play the game and notice things that i might have missed. This i think brings the community together to try and help each other out.

That is an achievement.

Unfortunately having tried to make the tactic slightly better i haven't been able too, So this will be my last tactic for FM10, I will place the Lord Sith Tactic in the OP over the next few days if thats fine by him.

All the best for the rest of FM10 and your save games.

See you in FM11 where hoping i'll be able to continue where i have left off in FM10

Regards

Dave Hough

Unfortunately having tried to make the tactic slightly better i haven't been able too, So this will be my last tactic for FM10, I will place the Lord Sith Tactic in the OP over the next few days if thats fine by him.

Fine by me. This is your tactic i was only try to hepl. And i cant wait your new tactic in FM11

Just an update:

I am using Lord Sith's tweaked version and i am currently playing with Raith Rovers in the Scottish Div 1. In this league you play each team 4 times. I have currently played 12 league games and I am unbeaten. The only modification I have had to make is that I took this version of the tactic and tweaked it to be less attacking and more defensive counter attacking and pulled the wingers back to ML & MR. With this version I have knowcked out Rangers and Hearts in the Cup competitions. I am planning on this being my lifetime game so will take jobs at better clubs as they are offered so will continue to see how this tactic does over the long run..

Something you want to share? Seems like I have some troubles in the defense.

Great stuff yet again Mr Hough - and Lord Sith for the tweak. I'm currently 23 games won on the bounce with my 2014 Nottingham Forest side... but what I like about it the most is that the goals feel so much more "natural"... most other tactics I used played through the middle - the amount of goals I get from guys on the overlap, crosses into the box and (my favourite) follow ups from keepers spilling shots is making this very enjoyable for me.

Looking forward to FM11! Thanks for this!

Fine by me. This is your tactic i was only try to hepl. And i cant wait your new tactic in FM11

Hi sith.. I just find No-Switching-Setting between AML/AMR in tweak version.

when I check original version, i can find switching-setting between AMR/AML.

Did you change setting for improve Def.effi ?? or what I downloaded is wrong version ??

thanks for U & Mr.Hough..

Plz forgiven my poor English..

this worked for me:

Drop AR/AL to MR/ML Change team mentality from 20 to 10. Drop mentality of DL/DR to defensive. Playing as Raith Rovers in Scottish Div1 I beat Rangers, Hearts & Celtic in teh cup and am currently on a 24 game unbeaten run

i have got problems against top teams..i dunno what to do

The defence is terribly leaky. I have lost 4-0 at home to Man City as Chelsea and regularly concede almost every game even when I am at home. However, some of the goals are down to the shockingly poor match engine but some are down to counter attacks where my centrebacks fail to deal with terribly easy situations. I guess I have to wait for FM 11 and see if anything improves to the match engine.

Hi sith.. I just find No-Switching-Setting between AML/AMR in tweak version.

when I check original version, i can find switching-setting between AMR/AML.

Did you change setting for improve Def.effi ?? or what I downloaded is wrong version ??

thanks for U & Mr.Hough..

Plz forgiven my poor English..

Just changed settings of back four and def line to push up. MC-s, AMR/L, FC-s and Keeper is the same like in original Mr. Houghes tactic

this worked for me:

Drop AR/AL to MR/ML Change team mentality from 20 to 10. Drop mentality of DL/DR to defensive. Playing as Raith Rovers in Scottish Div1 I beat Rangers, Hearts & Celtic in teh cup and am currently on a 24 game unbeaten run

Where these tweaks made to my Original one or the Lord Sith version

this tactic is amazing in attack but sometimes create a hole in midfield and take easy-goals on counterattack

if u take a striker and put him in trequarti (centre) and u work on defence u will create the best 4-2-3-1 on fm 2010

i will try but i'm not good as u

this tactic is amazing in attack but sometimes create a hole in midfield and take easy-goals on counterattack

if u take a striker and put him in trequarti (centre) and u work on defence u will create the best 4-2-3-1 on fm 2010

i will try but i'm not good as u

You could easily take a striker away and use him somewhere else, I just prefer playing with 2 strikers

I have made an update of my winger tactic but in the Wizard Style. I find that in this version the 2 central midfielders stay in position excelently due to the Philosophy being Very Rigid.

I am going Holiday to Turkey later on today so i'll upload it before i go.

Dave, which tactic do you think is better?

The classic style or the wizzard style 2.0?

Im using your classic and its going great, but if think the wizzard style is slightly better then I will change to that :)

Just wanted your feedback between them.

Dave, which tactic do you think is better?

The classic style or the wizzard style 2.0?

Im using your classic and its going great, but if think the wizzard style is slightly better then I will change to that :)

Just wanted your feedback between them.

i think alhough they both have them same settings almost the Wizard is slightly better in defence but i feel in the wizard the build up is slower than in the classic, there isn't much between them to be fair, It really comes down to preference

I think I had my best FM experience in my current save.

I was coaching Paris-saint-germain, and won the title / french cup during my first season.

The 2nd one started very well, but Sevilla contacted me, and I accepted.

Sevilla was 13th after 10 games or so, and my personnal goal was to be in the top 5 (probably behind Real, Barca, Athletico, Valencia).

http://s2.noelshack.com/upload/8906039396991_sevilla.jpg

http://s2.noelshack.com/uploads/images/3403977268230_sevilla.jpg

It was really close, I had some luck (Real losing the last game at... Getafe), but that was a huge achievement, something really unexpected. I thought I lost the championship in the Villareal game. Missed a penalty, 4CCCs to 0, 20 shots to 8, and... a draw :'( )

The amount of goal is just insane, but I had some defensive issues that I tried to work on, unsuccessfully, during the season.

I've made some changes, puting one of the striker at the AMC position, and hired Gourcuff to fill this position (they gave me 22M€, and the 9 more to buy new players, gourcuff was my only signing, for 25M€).

he has been great, just like Luis Fabiano (aka the scoring machine) and Jesus Navas (aka the defense breaker).

I've also been impressed by the duo Renato / Romaric which performed extremly well as MCs.

The other change was mainly mentality tweaks here and there, to fit my players. I also tried something that worked pretty well : Putting fairly low mentality on AMs to give a lot of space to the ST and it was brilliant.

I really had a lot of fun during this season, and I still have to play the Spain cup final against... Real Madrid (always them ^_^)

I have made an update of my winger tactic but in the Wizard Style. I find that in this version the 2 central midfielders stay in position excelently due to the Philosophy being Very Rigid.

I am going Holiday to Turkey later on today so i'll upload it before i go.

so you didnt change the settings of your cms just the playing style to very rigid?

if yes, than its absolutely ******** that they play much better because of the philosophy.

as long as the settings are changed individually, the team philosophy will have no effects on the style of play!!!

Incredible set of tactics here by Mr Hough and some others.

Been using a combination of Lord Sith's tweaked "Winger 10.3" and "Mr Hough's 4-1-2-1-2 10.3" tactics to great effect. With Hearts I came 2nd to Celtic in the league last season trailing them by only 2 points but scored a massive 109 goals, won the Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup, took them to the First Knockout round of the Champions Leage and would have beat Palermo but a poor tactic choice saw me go down 5-2 on aggregate.

Ive been using the 4-1-2-1-2 against stronger opposition and wins have included beating Rangers 5-0 at Ibrox, also beat them 5-1 in the Scottish Cup Final last season. Im regularly scoring 3, 4 or 5 goals per game and currently on a 12 game winning streak, with 21 goals scored in the first 6 league matches of the season.

Great work guys!

:)

Using the final tweaked version of the formation. Fantastic.

Had assembled a talented squad and got derby into the europa league but was not happy with the way my players performed.

This formation has let them flourish and now they are a pleasure to watch. Still lose the odd game but im cool with that as its a young squad.

Great way to end my FM2010 career. Hoping to win EPL before FM2011 arrives.

Excellent work guys !!

Just completed a season with Ipswich (metal guitarist update) using this tactic with LordSith's defensive tweak - what can I say, although a little shakey at the back, what you sacrifice in defensive you more than reap the rewards in attack, averaged over 3 goals a game, won the championship with over 100 points and the league cup to do the double, all with a net transfer expenditure of £2.5million

npowerchampionship.png By ipswichjon at 2010-10-03[/img]

ipswichtown11.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ipswichtown10.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now onto the premiership!

Couple of things that seem to help - strikers with high technique and first touch attributes work better than fast players with lower technique/first touch, wingers with heading and finishing are also a big bonus. Any defenders with less than 13 for pace and you'll be ripped apart!

Yeah shame about their result and position hopefully it won't last. By the way now starting another game with your recommendations and noting some of the players you hvae signed. And what is the skin u r using it looks good? Thanks in advance ipswich jon:)

Lord Sith, have you made any other changed to your Tac since you uploaded it?

Last 2-3 days i work on some changes. Last season i play whit Arsenal and won everything. I conc. 45 goals and this is tooooo much for me. So il try to fix this. Also i think that my MC-s can be much better.

This is a really good tactic. My strikers are just starting to score for fun. I also i have a another game to play with a lower team - crystal palace. I'll be interested to see how this tactic works. Here my fixtures so far but i will tell you how i go at the end of the season:-

fixturesq.jpg

What skin is this?

Archived