FMS Community Thread / Episode V / Sponsored By Fernando Torres

tenthreeleader

You'll be coughing the title to me (or at least some points) tonight. Sorry about the missed sessions but on Sunday night I forgot (I thought we were playing mon-thurs) and yesterday was Jen's birthday so I'd have felt pretty bad if I didn't spend time with her. I should be back tonight though.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'll be coughing the title to me (or at least some points) tonight. Sorry about the missed sessions but on Sunday night I forgot (I thought we were playing mon-thurs) and yesterday was Jen's birthday so I'd have felt pretty bad if I didn't spend time with her. I should be back tonight though.

Think I'm 1 point ahead and we've just reached the split. First game post split is the Old Firm. I look forward to losing yet another title to you :D

You're welcome to join anytime, but with it being a Gaverk Production, it continues even if you can't make it. Three seasons in now, nice mix-up of players and leagues.:D

I'd love to, but the way things are at the moment, It's pretty likely that I won't be able to play all of the time, so maybe a bit pointless if I show up just every now and then.

Allow me to vent for a moment.

I've just wasted about 2 hours trying to work out how FM is calculating the qualification for Argentinian teams into the Copa Libertadores. It all works off this wonderful thing called the Calendar Year table, which of course FM2010 doesn't give you for any years other than the current. So you've got to create your own calendar year table, and remember that you're dealing with the Opening stage from one season and the Closing stage from the season before. Add the two sets of points/GD together from the two table, and remember to take out anyone who may have qualified through winning either stage, or winning the previous years Libertadores.

And it's all for one sentence in my story :(

Well it appears that the Revolution have signed Ousmane Dabo, the man who had his face broken on the training ground by Joey Barton a few years back. Can't say I'm upset though, if he can pass he's already an improvement over every other central mid we have except Shalrie.

Allow me to vent for a moment.

I've just wasted about 2 hours trying to work out how FM is calculating the qualification for Argentinian teams into the Copa Libertadores. It all works off this wonderful thing called the Calendar Year table, which of course FM2010 doesn't give you for any years other than the current. So you've got to create your own calendar year table, and remember that you're dealing with the Opening stage from one season and the Closing stage from the season before. Add the two sets of points/GD together from the two table, and remember to take out anyone who may have qualified through winning either stage, or winning the previous years Libertadores.

And it's all for one sentence in my story :(

Apertura and Clausura. The bane of our existence. :( Good luck with it.

I just got an interview for my dream job and another interview for the company I've wanted to work at since I was 10. Best. Day. Ever.

congrats and good luck....do you want a choice, or are you hoping one will say yes and the other no ?

Seeing we are venting! Have managed to save a bit of cash of late, thanks to the leeches (kids) not sucking me dry and what happens the car craps itself, so I have to buy a new battery to get home and now have to take it to get fixed which looks like its going to be 400 ish on top of the new battery.

Everytime I manage to save some coin, something like this happens.

Last time it was the radiator.

Guess I might as well just blow my pay as it comes in and say I have learned my lesson!

Had the second interview today, hear tomorrow about the job. Fingers, toes, arms and testicles are all crossed in hope. <3

Gav, you always have my testicles crossed.

Wait, I mean, I'm crossing my testicles for you right now.

No, hang on...uh, good luck.

Cheers boys. Don't tell Terk, but my testicles are always crossed for another Geordie sufferer. Except Ant and Dec. The good thing about this job is that even if I don't get it, I will at least be given a reason why not. That is all I ever ask should I not be lucky enough.

If the job is in finance, just tell them you're a Geordie fan and thus you already understand The Great Depression. You'll be a shoo-in.

I'll get my coat :)

I would have thought a Rangers fan would be better-versed in being poor and destitute

He's not allowed to answer that without the banks permission. That is how Rangers is run these days, isn't it, 10-3? :p

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might be too expensive.

However, Steve, my club has won a trophy in my lifetime. :p

EDIT: Come to think of it, your club has too ... in MY lifetime. :)

NOW I'll get my coat...

Speaking of absences, I notice that Faramir hasn't posted since 8th December last year. I hope he is okay.

Do any of our American friends know of any news regarding him?

Faramir had a computer disaster which saw him lose all his FMS work. He no longer has the time to rewrite the mass of work that he lost, so it was his decision to just fade away from the forum.

Shame to see those long running stories go.

Having a mere' myself. Just been told by Sky I'll have to wait until early March for someone to come around and sort my new broadband connection out. I've already been waiting two and a half weeks. Absolute joke. :thdn:

I'm going to have to be careful to do my predictions/fantasy football on a friday lunch for a while.

Good luck with the 2nd interview, Gav

Faramir had a computer disaster which saw him lose all his FMS work. He no longer has the time to rewrite the mass of work that he lost, so it was his decision to just fade away from the forum.

Boo!

But I think this is the second or third instance of something like this that has been mentioned in a few weeks. So ...

http://www.dropbox.com/

Just do it. Instant, online backup of anything you want. When you get a new computer or reformat the one you have, you just install Dropbox and BOOM a few hours later, all of your files are right there.

No ads, no nonsense, etc. Just do it.

Boo!

But I think this is the second or third instance of something like this that has been mentioned in a few weeks. So ...

Just do it. Instant, online backup of anything you want. When you get a new computer or reformat the one you have, you just install Dropbox and BOOM a few hours later, all of your files are right there.

Already got it and EVERYTHING FM related is in there. Back up my saves games in there every month of game time and all my writing goes straight in there. I've suffered from computer related writing disasters (both with FM and other stuff) and will not have that happen to me again.

Boo!

Top recommendation, Mak.

Once again, a big thumbs up for the tip, Mak, downloaded it myself, Gingerbread Man (FMs Northern Leagues Head Researcher) will sleep sounder in his bed knowing that the Chester FC data for the game is now safely backed up !

Well, one massive week comes to a happy end. I've learned that my marketing work for my employer has won a national award and I will learn next week if the company will spring for my first-ever trip to Las Vegas to pick up the hardware next month.

Archived