FMS Community Thread / Episode V / Sponsored By Fernando Torres

tenthreeleader

For those of an F1 disposition, by the way, Robert Kubica has suffered a fractured left arm and left leg in a Rally crash in Italy. He's likely to miss the start of the season now.

Most shocking news of the day for me. I hope he's all right and makes a full recovery soon, because he's a fantastic driver and it will be a major loss for F1 without him.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dal & Ben, just read this on Autosport.

According to a statement issued by Kubica's Renault team, he has been diagnosed with multiple fractures to his right arm, leg and hand.

After being transferred to the Santa Corona Hospital in Pietra Ligure, Kubica underwent surgery on Sunday afternoon for the injuries he suffered - with doctors believed to be focusing their efforts on his injured hand and, in particular, its blood supply.

An update from the hospital in the afternoon said that the operation on Kubica would continue until Sunday evening. And although amputation of the hand had been ruled out, it was too early to give a prognosis on how well the hand would recover from the injuries it suffered.

It was also confirmed that Kubica was out of immediate danger, and there was no threat to his life.

If he's out for a long time, my money would be on Renault trying to sign Nico Hulkenburg from his reserve driver contract with Force India.

That sounds like good news to me.

Better than it sounded. But if his hand is seriously injured he could miss the whole season, and such an injury is potentially career threatening. Recovering the strength needed for F1 would be a big ask.

If he does need to sit out this season (and then some) to recover (hopefully) then I'd rather he do that than rush back.

Mark Webber managed to bounce back from his broken leg. Let's hope it turns out to be something similar.

If he does need to sit out this season (and then some) to recover (hopefully) then I'd rather he do that than rush back.

Mark Webber managed to bounce back from his broken leg. Let's hope it turns out to be something similar.

Absolutely, I'd rather that than him rushing back. But the pressure on your arms/hands in F1 is much bigger than the pressure on your legs.

His Ronnie Rosenthal moment. Miss of the season without question.

I wouldn't say it was worse than Tevez's near the start of the season. But in terms of importance, then it definitely was. Hook Maxi for Suarez at the half, please Kenny.

Best thing possible. We've beaten him on his new patch, he was kept in Carragher's pocket. Now we can all move on and live our lives.

Now that is embarrassing :o

Get f*cking in there!!!!! Only team I enjoy beating more than Man U. Thought Chelsea lacked any creativity going forward but maybe more down to our formation. How Maxi missed that I don't know, probs one of the worse misses I have ever seen. The Chelsea defending for our goal was poor but not complaining. 6 points off the Champions League, it can still be done!

Thought Chelsea lacked any creativity going forward but maybe more down to our formation.

My reading of that situation is distinctly a tactical victory for us. Lucas sat on Anelka superbly, denied him any space at all. With Cole and Bosingwa spending too much time worried about the attacking threat of Kelly and Johnson rather than getting forward themselves, it left Lampard and Essien with very few options and struggling to get the ball to Drogba and Torres in dangerous positions. Chelsea had a lot of shots on goal, but most were pot shots from distance and didn't trouble Reina.

My reading of that situation is distinctly a tactical victory for us. Lucas sat on Anelka superbly, denied him any space at all. With Cole and Bosingwa spending too much time worried about the attacking threat of Kelly and Johnson rather than getting forward themselves, it left Lampard and Essien with very few options and struggling to get the ball to Drogba and Torres in dangerous positions. Chelsea had a lot of shots on goal, but most were pot shots from distance and didn't trouble Reina.

I agree. I think I saw the stat after the match that chelsea had had 19 attempts with 1 on target. I think someone left their shooting boots at home :p

Martin Kelly has been absolutely superb.

Has been since Dalglish took over. Quite surprised to see Walker in the England squad ahead of him in all honesty.

As for the game today - has the shots tally of a match (19-5 to Chelsea) ever lied so much about the course of a game?

Aurelio's chance was the third best opportunity of the game behind the goal and the Maxi miss. Chelsea didn't create anything like any of those chances. On top of that, I can remember Lucas being robbed by Drogba, which isn't a criticism of Lucas, but merely the single error made by any Liverpool player in 90 minutes.

To beat Stoke and Chelsea with a 3-6-1 kind of completely proves me wrong on doubting Dalglish's tactical nous in the modern game. And despite playing something like 8 central players, and a wing back who should logically cut inside, we never looked short of width.

Tiote has been an outstanding signing for Newcastle. Defensive rock, plays short, simple passes ensuring his side keep the ball. Newcastle will do well to keep him in the summer. I would expect some BIG bids to come in.

I, for one, would certainly not mind him replicating Dietmar Hamann's career move...

I think the credit for the tactical acumen that we've shown probably goes 50-50 between Dalglish and Steve Clarke. The makings of a very good pairing indeed. Lucas over the past eighteen months has been easily our best and most consistent player, he was outstanding today.

And this picture was destined to be accompanied by the words, "caption competition".

x999.jpg

I, for one, would certainly not mind him replicating Dietmar Hamann's career move...

I second that. Though I fear Wenger might finally see sense and realise he (along with a decent goalkeeper) is exactly the player Arsenal need.

I am sat here nursing the most horrendous wisdom tooth pain, using a bottle of whiskey as an anaesthetic.

Not how I planned my Sunday night, by the time Superbowl is on I'll be snoring on the sofa I expect.

You have my sympathy. Hugs.

I second that. Though I fear Wenger might finally see sense and realise he (along with a decent goalkeeper) is exactly the player Arsenal need.

Back off you Liverpool thieves. You take our most important player, you certainly can bugger off having our second best!

Back off you Liverpool thieves. You take our most important player, you certainly can bugger off having our second best!

While we're here, we'll take Steve Harper as Reina's back up and I wouldn't mind taking José Enrique either, given our problems at left back. Cheers :thup:

Not how I planned my Sunday night, by the time Superbowl is on I'll be snoring on the sofa I expect.

So will I, and I'm in the States. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no desire to watch the game. So I'll probably just play FM and write.

While we're here, we'll take Steve Harper as Reina's back up and I wouldn't mind taking José Enrique either, given our problems at left back. Cheers :thup:

Given that Pardew is going to see about £1.50 of Carroll's fee, can we buy the only player we could possibly afford with that £1.50 please... you know who I mean.

Given that Pardew is going to see about £1.50 of Carroll's fee, can we buy the only player we could possibly afford with that £1.50 please... you know who I mean.

£3? I'll get your Jay Spearing packed up ready for shipping.

His armband claimed he was a Red

Torres Torres

He never meant a word he said

Torres Torres

We sold the lad to London town

And now he's dragging Chelsea down

Fernando Torres: Liverpool's doing fine!

Read this on Facebook, it elicited a smile.

His armband claimed he was a Red

Torres Torres

He never meant a word he said

Torres Torres

We sold the lad to London town

And now he's dragging Chelsea down

Fernando Torres: Liverpool's doing fine!

Read this on Facebook, it elicited a smile.

Outstanding :D

A quick question for our American contingent.....

Do Americans really not mind their national anthem being massacred, like Aguillera is doing right now ????

The jets at the end is always a nice touch.Though.

Spoonsky, you are my new hero..........

And onto to tonight's other main entertainment... The Superbowl, what does everyone reckon ???????

I confidently predict I'll go to bed at the point which is theoretically half way through, but in reality about a fifth of the way through in a blur of complete and utter confusion.

Do Americans really not mind their national anthem being massacred, like Aguillera is doing right now ????

We are very used to it being butchered. It seems like every time I hear it sung for a sporting event it gets worse. And besides the song sung by Lea Michele before was worse and the random old people reading the declaration of independence was beyond insulting.

Yes, I mind very much. However, since our national anthem's melody is an old English drinking song, I suppose I am not surprised.

And cf, "Super Bowl" is two words. :)

Yes, I mind very much. However, since our national anthem's melody is an old English drinking song, I suppose I am not surprised.

And cf, "Super Bowl" is two words. :)

Not in this country, buddy ;)

EDIT: I have reviewed this statement and realise that I may, in fact, be wrong.

Apologies to 10-3 for doubting his greater knowledge. :)

Archived