Ronseal™

Purefun

I honestly wasn't that surprised in a way. Wolves always raise their game against us, and we haven't exactley been brilliant on the road this season.

In a kind of perverse way, I'm glad the unbeaten run is over. Now we can just get on with things rather than have people banging on about staying the whole season unbeaten. I was sick of it, it was becoming more important in peoples eyes than actually just getting on with winning the league.

It will be a release for the team and Fergie. He can go for it away from home now and focus on winning rather than staying undefeated.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only you can climb out of that hole NF. :)

I know but I don't know where to start :(. I have so many things that I want to do or need to do and the fact is I just don't know how with some. I need a new job but there aren't many out there. I can't really leave my current job but I need to find a new one before I say too much that gets me in to trouble at my current workplace. I'm not a yes/no answer person and I have to speak my mind. I can't just sit quietly and let things slip as it bugs me and it makes me angry bottling things up. The thing is I know for fact that I will be a good manager if I was given a chance. Unfortunately because I have to speak my mind I probably won't become one :(.

I don't see where "speak your mind" comes into it anywhere...

Unless you mean, calling your boss an asshole, because you can't in anyway hold it in and have to say the truth.

I know but I don't know where to start :(. I have so many things that I want to do or need to do and the fact is I just don't know how with some. I need a new job but there aren't many out there. I can't really leave my current job but I need to find a new one before I say too much that gets me in to trouble at my current workplace. I'm not a yes/no answer person and I have to speak my mind. I can't just sit quietly and let things slip as it bugs me and it makes me angry bottling things up. The thing is I know for fact that I will be a good manager if I was given a chance. Unfortunately because I have to speak my mind I probably won't become one :(.

Well, if you're confident in your own abilities, consider what skills and abilities you have, what things you like, then think about working for yourself or starting your own business. It will be hard work getting a business off the ground of any kind, but you're responsible entirely for its success or failure. When I look at the economic/jobs situation at the moment, I take it with a pinch of salt. I've never been one for wailing and gnashing of teeth, plus I always believe these things come in cycles. In ten or fifteen years, there's sure to be another economic "crisis". The thing is, there's always opportunities.

After leaving the RAF when I was made redundant at only 20 (so much for the "job for life" idea...), I went into kitchen design. I'd been in catering in the RAF, so felt I knew enough about how kitchens should work, plus I was very lucky to learn from both good designers and installers, along with seeing poor designers and installers, which taught me how not to do things. By the age of 24 I had my own kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms showroom and business. Literally someone I knew was struggling and going to pack in. I tried to help them pick things up, but they still decided to quit the industry. I took over the rental of the showroom, started my own business and took it from there.

The first twelve to eighteen months were tough, as I was ploughing everything back into the business, only taking a basic wage to make ends meet. It was hard work and long hours, but I enjoyed every minute because I knew that it was my business and my future. Once I was well established, I was getting plenty of business and recommendations, because I looked after my customers and we always did a great job.

I had that business for five years and loved it. It was a great success. After five years and only ever having had Christmas day off during that time, no holidays, I decided it was time to have some "me" time. I sold the business and went off travelling around the world for a year. Upon grudging return to the UK, I decided as I'd always liked Cornwall, I'd live there. Worked for Magnet for a year and a half. Enjoyed that for the first year, where it was me and one other guy, in what was supposed to be a one man branch. We made over 1 million in sales on kitchens, in a branch that had never done more than 200k in a year. My colleague was moved to another branch, where I was supposed to join him later. The new guy who came to our branch, was basically an arsehole and as my move to the other branch never happened, much to the dismay of myself and my former colleague, I called it quits. Upon reflection though, I'd never work for another "big" company again. Were it not for trying to run the branch as if it were my own business and had I always toed the company line, we'd never have achieved the things we did in that first year.

I then went back to being an independent designer/installer, as I still had all my own supplier contacts. Didn't have a showroom this time, but a few strategically placed adverts locally kept me busy with business. Having always hankered for living abroad, especially after my travels, I came to Spain. Worked for another expat for a little while, who really wasn't very good at managing the projects he was supposed to be undertaking. He got a bad reputation in the end with both customers and tradesmen who'd worked for him. So, I ended up setting up a business again, working for myself once more.

Initially I was looking at just doing kitchens and interior design/reform work, but we quickly built up a great reputation and have kept expanding into other areas. People trust us, because we always do everything we say we'll do... and more. Picking up the language has helped, as we now do a lot of work project managing with a fantastic Spanish building company, so there's really not a lot we can't do now. We've stayed busy throughout the economic "crisis", even with the property market here taking a severe nose-dive. Here's our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com (I really need to do some updating to the site, as I need to show a lot of our recent work, but haven't had the time.)

Basically what I'm saying to you, is that you are in control of your own destiny. Sure, there's luck and opportunities can pop up fortuitously from time to time, but you've got to keep your eyes open for them and grab them with both hands. Don't let yourself get into a rut. Use the job security you have, to take a good look at yourself and what you want to do. What you would enjoy doing. Then look at what you need to do to make it possible. If you look at your own business, then I believe the Prince's Trust still offers help, advice, support and grants for people below 30, who've got an idea and a business plan. I didn't get any help when I started my business', either in the UK or in Spain incidentally. I just ploughed what I was earning back in at the start.

When it comes to opportunities, even at a time like this, they're there. As I mentioned earlier, the property market has crashed here. Prices in most places are back to what they were five years or more ago. Although they'll never see the 20%+ per annum growth they were seeing before the crash in Andalusia, things will pick up and start moving again. They always do. Mindful of that, I'm now looking at property opportunities. There's village houses around here going for as little as €20k again now. They need full renovation, but mostly no more than between €20k to €30k of work. Even with prices as they are, you could buy a house for €20k, spend €30k on it and still get €60k to €70k for the finished product. That's a €10k to €20k profit. Such a property would go for around €80k or €90k in the current market, so selling below the market average will see a property move.

That's my next step and I'm looking around at suitable properties and projects. What's made that possible is hard work, determination and a positive frame of mind. I live in a wonderful part of Spain and I doubt I'll ever go back to the UK, I like it too much here. The only way your future will change, is if you get up and make those changes yourself. Don't jack your job in, but use it as a stable platform for the "onwards and upwards". While you're earning decent money in a stable job, use your spare time to look into other things and learn new skills.

That's my motivational speech over. It's up to you now. Quit whining on an internet forum and do something about your future, that only you can. :)

This is a
:D :D.

Was hoping for a brand new, awesome, unheard gem of a tune.

Instead we get the Verve, even though it is one of my favourite songs of all time. :D

My Birthday tomorrow :D 24, 14 of which have been loved/wasted? playing cm and then fm.

Anyways just read on sky that reina is refusing to rule out a move to old trafford, hmmmmmm thats all i have to say on the subject so far!

Happy birthday for tomorrow...

...but "no thanks" to Reina. If they're going to spend money on another keeper, then I would prefer they spent it on someone like Manuel Neuer. Failing that, let's see what Anders Lindegaard can offer.

You're always welcome to come and do all the work. I could do with some more time sat by the pool! :thup:

I'll be sitting next to you with a nice San Miguel. :cool:

No-one you would of ever heard of

Nothing is certain yet, due to what Uni I choose :(

Just tells us the team mate.

What materials absorb liquids best?

A glass.

My Birthday tomorrow 24, 14 of which have been loved/wasted? playing cm and then fm.

HB :thup:

...but "no thanks" to Reina. If they're going to spend money on another keeper, then I would prefer they spent it on someone like Manuel Neuer. Failing that, let's see what Anders Lindegaard can offer.

Not a big fan of Neuer myself, there always seems to be an error in him waiting to burst out.

I never said I wouldn't mind Reina. Only thing is he'll be tained with Scouse-ness.

The one redeeming factor, if they're going for him I suppose, is he's already living in the North-West. Not as if he's got to go through any upheaval, moving countries or suchlike.

Can't see Liverpool willing to let him go for a good price though - not to their fiercest rivals. I think United would get much better value and arguably have better options elsewhere.

To be honest, at this stage I'd prefer to see what Anders Lindegaard has to offer. I've also no doubt the reason they brought him in when they did, was to get him working with VDS before he retires. Shame that VDS has already decided he doesn't want to stay on as a GK coach at United, but then he's had a very long career and also his wife was very ill not so long ago, so he probably feels like he needs a good break with his family, in all fairness.

Just having a few days off until after the weekend, though will probably end up doing stuff at home I've been putting off.

Have a job near Marbella next week, doing some repairs on a house. Wouldn't normally travel down that far, but it's work for someone we already know, so doing them a favour.

The guy that works for me, I got into trouble with his wife. I said jokingly, that I was going to take him to see the "nice Russian ladies" in Marbella. :)

She didn't see the joke...

Just been to a shop near me. Only small one. Got some sweets :D. I got a mixture of the keys, strawberries and sour ones of each. Some cola bottles as well. Also got a sports mixture as well and some Martin No.10 Drops and some Barnetts Lun Jeelers. Both taste great :D.

I have the rest of the day to do nothing. So I may go and watch more of Ashes to Ashes later. Then watch Skins(even though it's poor compared to previous series) and then go bed.

I have work at 7 tomorrow so I'll be up at about quarter 6. Finish at 5 and then I'm off for two days :D.

Sorry Ty, it's not a new song but it's proper growing on me:

Sorry Ty, it's not a new song but it's proper growing on me:

Aggro's song is still many, many years newer than The Verve :D

Anyway, that Aggro song is awful, heard it a few weeks back and thought, oh god, turn it off! Aggro 2006 > Aggro Santos 2011.

Archived