Ronseal™

Purefun

Just got back in from watching Granada C.F. beat Recreativo de Huelva 2-1.

After about 30 minutes, one of the Recre forwards got through on goal. Granada keeper Roberto slid out to challenge at his feet, the forward dived over him and no contact was made. The referee gave a penalty and sent Roberto off! Unbelievable! Recre scored the penalty and it looked like it was going to be "one of those" games.

Even down to 10 men though, Granada looked the better side and got back to 1-1 through our Chilean gem, Fabián Orellana in the 60th minute. Then with a couple of minutes to go, Granada got a corner, Diego Mainz attacked the far post and powerfully headed it past the keeper. Everyone went berserk!

Great game to be at, but I increasingly despair at the utter ineptitude of referees in the Spanish second tier. They give bookings and send players off for the daftest things, then just to show complete lack of consistency, don't book someone for something like a two-footed challenge from behind. The quality of the football I've watched this season from Granada and some of the teams they've played has been really good, as have most of the matches themselves. It's a crying shame that such poor referees can potentially ruin matches.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember Orellana being pretty good for me in my Udinese save last FM, surely he should be playing at a higher level than that?

He's certainly a top-tier level player in my opinion. The way he plays, he actually reminds me a little of Nobby Solano in his prime. Definitely a stand-out player in the Liga adelante.

I'm hoping Granada CF get to keep him for another season, if Udinese are looking for him to get Spanish citizenship after living and working here for two years, so he'll have EU citizenship. Wouldn't be surprised to see him playing for Udinese on a regular basis after that, unless Granada make it to La Liga by then and do some sort of deal to keep him permanently.

Alex Giejo is another player who's capable of playing at a higher level and another on "loan" from Udinese. He's had misfortune with injuries in the past, but has been excellent this season. Leading scorer in the Liga adelante.

Overall, it's been great fun watching the football here since moving from the UK. Whilst in the Segunda B4 I went to quite a lot of games, but only got a season ticket this season. The atmosphere at Nuevo Los Carmenes is fantastic. It's a good ground and the club is fighting with Ayuntamiento de Granada (city council) to expand capacity from 16,200 to "more than" 21,000 spectators.

This is what the stadium is like now:

Estadio-Nuevo-Los-Cármenes_web.jpgEstadio+Nuevo+Los+Carmenes+(Granada+74+CF).jpg

The big square structure next to the stadium is the Palicio del Deportes, an indoor stadium that hosts the basketball team. Basketball is very big in Spain, probably second only to football.

This is what they're planning to do though, if they win their argument with the city council:

2009-05-24_IMG_2009-05-24_00:00:59_gdr00118340_1_48_1.jpg

Obviously in the midst of economic chaos, the project which will cost around 233 million Euros, half of which is supposed to come from local government investment, is looking a little shaky. The city council own both the football stadium and the basketball stadium. Granada's president is trying to argue that the city council should either provide the investment required, or sell the ground to the club and they'll source all the investment privately. Given the growing support and pride in the football club, the current city council's refusal to sell the ground or stump up the money for investment in the project, looks like it will be a vote winning debate for the local elections this year.

Of course, Granada CF president Quique Pina is milking it for all its worth, claiming that he's doing everything in his power to give Granada a La Liga club, but it's the city council that's holding them back.

If that wasn't enough, if things collapse with the city council, the club has already drawn up plans to move to another site about half a mile away from the current ground, to build this...

render2e_thumb%5B21%5D.png?imgmax=800

Quite an interesting looking plan - http://www.losdiablosrojiblancos.com/2010/12/el-granada-planea-construir-un-nuevo.html

Really cba with FM atm, takes too much effort and I always end up playing barely any of it. I started a Lyon save about two weeks ago and I'm still on the first day, despite playing it for over 12 hours according to the game status aha. Just always end up more involved in something on the internet, or playing COD/FIFA. Also playing less FM means I generally spend less time on here.

No FM talk in here mate. Or not alot anyway. This is just an off topic thread mate :thup:.

Oh shutup.

Really cba with FM atm, takes too much effort and I always end up playing barely any of it. I started a Lyon save about two weeks ago and I'm still on the first day, despite playing it for over 12 hours according to the game status aha. Just always end up more involved in something on the internet, or playing COD/FIFA. Also playing less FM means I generally spend less time on here.

Oh shutup.

No, I won't shut up. I'm only going what others have said in here.

Speaking of which...

As you know, I research Granada C.F. in the Spanish Liga adelante, but at the moment there's C.D. Loja and Huétor Tájar C.D. who are both in the game but unplayable. They're in one of the feeder leagues down from the Segunda B4.

Anyway, the two towns are literally 10 minutes apart along the motorway and "derby" day between the two is always fun. Normally either team is lucky to see attendances of around a couple of hundred. When they play each other, it's a couple of thousand. Loja are currently top of the Primera Andaluz Group 4 and if they do well in the end of season play-offs, they'll be in the Segunda B4 and FM12 as a playable team from the start :)

I bet I'll end up researching them too! They have a nice little ground though...

Estadiomedinalauxa.jpg1364.jpg

Speaking of researching, what happens to the clubs they can't find a researcher for? Just take last year's data or something?

Yeah I always thought that, do they use old data or do they just guess? :D

Yeah I always thought that, do they use old data or do they just guess? :D

I know that for some of the Spanish clubs in the playable leagues that don't have a particular researcher, such as in the Segunda B, there are regional researchers. The guy that covered Granada CF before me, whilst they were in the Segunda B4, was (and still is) mainly the Malaga researcher. He also used to cover lower league clubs in Malaga, Granada, Cordoba and Jaen provinces. There's more Spanish researchers now though and each will usually look after a selection of lower league clubs within their region, as well as their "main" club.

Although I opted to concentrate solely on Granada CF in my first season as a researcher, I have provided some of the information for their B side, which plays in the Spanish 5th tier. Next release, I may cover more teams in Granada province.

I can only speak for the Spanish researchers, but they do discuss everything and compare notes daily. I was actually quite surprised how much detail they go into when it comes to some of the lower league clubs. Although it's impossible to be accurate regarding player attributes for players in the 4th tier or below, players in those non-playable teams usually have CA and PA set and then their attributes are generated by the game when you start a new save. Unless we hear about a promising player that's more highly rated, who will then get more detailed attention if it looks likely that IRL, he'll end up moving to a club you can play as in FM.

Club data is usually pretty easy to check and compile these days, because there's so much information freely available on the web. Take the information about the two possible options for Granada CF, either upgrading the current ground, or relocating completely, building a new stadium. The redevelopment project has actually been approved and passed when it comes to planning permission, but I can't implement it into the game yet, because of the arguments between the club and the city council over funding for the project. When either of the two project options is confirmed though, then I'll be able to set it as a "future" stadium upgrade or ground move.

For my own part with Granada CF though, with many players coming from Udinese, without having seen them actually play at the time we were preparing the first data for FM11, I was more reliant on the attributes the Udinese researcher had set for players. Having now seen those players in the flesh, week in - week out, I've made changes to attributes, CA and PA that reflect my own observations and assessments. Some I've improved, some I've reduced, to what I feel is more realistic. Likewise though, there's some of the Udinese loan players I've left as they are, because there's no need to change anything. Any changes I've made since will be included in the patch after the January transfer window.

When I look at some of the criticism that some of the researchers get in the data forums though, it's a little frustrating. Speaking for myself, I go to all the home matches and the more local away matches, but I've been able to see all the away matches I've been unable to attend, live on TV or online. I watch the B team whenever I can and I've also been to several first-team training sessions. I've even spoken with players, coaches and club officials. Now not all the researchers will have that level of interaction with their clubs, but a great many do. So it's amusing when the armchair critics start throwing their tomatoes :)

I know that for some of the Spanish clubs in the playable leagues that don't have a particular researcher, such as in the Segunda B, there are regional researchers. The guy that covered Granada CF before me, whilst they were in the Segunda B4, was (and still is) mainly the Malaga researcher. He also used to cover lower league clubs in Malaga, Granada, Cordoba and Jaen provinces. There's more Spanish researchers now though and each will usually look after a selection of lower league clubs within their region, as well as their "main" club.

Although I opted to concentrate solely on Granada CF in my first season as a researcher, I have provided some of the information for their B side, which plays in the Spanish 5th tier. Next release, I may cover more teams in Granada province.

I can only speak for the Spanish researchers, but they do discuss everything and compare notes daily. I was actually quite surprised how much detail they go into when it comes to some of the lower league clubs. Although it's impossible to be accurate regarding player attributes for players in the 4th tier or below, players in those non-playable teams usually have CA and PA set and then their attributes are generated by the game when you start a new save. Unless we hear about a promising player that's more highly rated, who will then get more detailed attention if it looks likely that IRL, he'll end up moving to a club you can play as in FM.

Club data is usually pretty easy to check and compile these days, because there's so much information freely available on the web. Take the information about the two possible options for Granada CF, either upgrading the current ground, or relocating completely, building a new stadium. The redevelopment project has actually been approved and passed when it comes to planning permission, but I can't implement it into the game yet, because of the arguments between the club and the city council over funding for the project. When either of the two project options is confirmed though, then I'll be able to set it as a "future" stadium upgrade or ground move.

For my own part with Granada CF though, with many players coming from Udinese, without having seen them actually play at the time we were preparing the first data for FM11, I was more reliant on the attributes the Udinese researcher had set for players. Having now seen those players in the flesh, week in - week out, I've made changes to attributes, CA and PA that reflect my own observations and assessments. Some I've improved, some I've reduced, to what I feel is more realistic. Likewise though, there's some of the Udinese loan players I've left as they are, because there's no need to change anything. Any changes I've made since will be included in the patch after the January transfer window.

When I look at some of the criticism that some of the researchers get in the data forums though, it's a little frustrating. Speaking for myself, I go to all the home matches and the more local away matches, but I've been able to see all the away matches I've been unable to attend, live on TV or online. I watch the B team whenever I can and I've also been to several first-team training sessions. I've even spoken with players, coaches and club officials. Now not all the researchers will have that level of interaction with their clubs, but a great many do. So it's amusing when the armchair critics start throwing their tomatoes :)

Interesting to hear Heath :). I knew the researchers go into the detail but not that much. I find it funny when the people in the Data Issues section notify of a new signing.

Hi edgar :D.

Mountain Dew :cool:.

I don't really go in the data issues thread, don't understand why so many people go in there to rant about a player's attributes etc. when there's an editor :confused:

some ppl just dont like to use an editor

Crappy and raining here in Granada at the moment. Can't wait for the sun to come back! Most of our work at the moment is outside, so we're on hold waiting for things to dry out. :(

Just waiting in for the satellite engineer to turn up and re-align my dish to AstraBird1 so I'll get more stable connection speeds for my internet. It's bee crappy recently, but it seems to be because the network on the current satellite is overloaded. Early evening, it hasn't been worth bothering trying to do anything online lately.

Aren't there good landlines available?

Of course there are, just that our house is miles away from any of them, with no clear line of sight for 3G or WiMax options either. So satellite internet was both the only and last resort.

All sorted now the engineer has aligned the dish to the AtalanticBird1 satellite. Upload and download speeds are much better and steadier now.

Of course there are, just that our house is miles away from any of them, with no clear line of sight for 3G or WiMax options either. So satellite internet was both the only and last resort.

All sorted now the engineer has aligned the dish to the AtalanticBird1 satellite. Upload and download speeds are much better and steadier now.

Ooh so you got a big piece of land!! :eek:

Anyway good that its sorted. :thup:

I brought a football cake from work today for £1.99. It should have been £7.99. The only problem is that it's out of date tomorrow. I'll still eat some as will my brother.

Out of date is a big word.

Archived