Ronseal™

Purefun

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I have been talking to her for about half hour or maybe a bit longer. Just talking about to tomorrow and how I said I would meet her and then we would meet the rest of them at the meet point. She seemed happy enough with that. I then started talking to her about other things and have just asked her whether she would like to do something on Sunday with me if she wasn't to busy. Like go watch a film or something. She responded positively enough. Better than expected tbh and whilst nothing is set in stone as she doesn't know when she has to go back to uni.

Sooooooooooo how did everything go? Nice movie? Nice private movie afterwards :p?

----

Beating the topteam, always great Heath. :cool:

Sooooooooooo how did everything go? Nice movie? Nice private movie afterwards :p?

Nope nothing happened Purefun :(. Problems occured on Saturday night, not involving her though. However, she seen it. All it was, was just arguing with other friends. So I haven't been able to talk to her since. Don't think anything will happen now :(.

Forest have signed Paul Konchesky on an emergency loan and Joe Garner is off to Scunthorpe apparently. Rumours of one more player joining Forest as well :D.

Poor Forest

Konchesky is worse then having an actual left back in your team :(

I think Konchesky will be good :).

What arguing NF?

Just with a friend. She was drunk and kept asking me to join the bowling and after one game of bowling I get bored. She's talking to me again now and realises that she was in the wrong a bit as was I.

Just to annoy... Granada did four deals on deadline day here in Spain. Not a dickie bird in the pipeline beforehand either.

Means I have to resubmit data for the patch now :(

Personally, I think deadline day is a bit of a joke. I mean, clubs have the whole of the month to actually do the deals and time beforehand to negotiate in the background, so to speak. I think teams pay way over the odds too. 35 million for Carroll? Ridiculous... :p

What annoys me, is that deals like these over-inflate transfer market prices yet again. As for 50 million for Torres... would you pay that much for someone who has one of these in his car window...

disabled-badge.jpg

...or maybe the physio's are better at Chelski? :D

Anyone care to make any predictions for tonights Premier League games?

Mine:

Arsenal 2-1 Everton

Man U 2-0 Villa

Sunderland 1-1 Chelsea

West Brom 2-0 Wigan

Arsenal 3-0 Everton

Man U 1-0 Villa

Sunderland 0-2 Chelsea

West Brom 2-2 Wigan

Both wrong btw.

The Mighty Nottingham Forest have won again :D. Haven't lost away in the league since the turn of the year(I think) :D. Our away form was rubbish last year in the run in last season and that cost us. We are up a few more places I think. Still have a game in hand and if QPR lose or draw we are only two points of them I think.

:D, to the first one and :mad: to the second one :(. That was when we went up and went back down again. The season that we went up in was good. Pierre van Hooijdonk and Kevin Campbell :cool:. Was disappointed when they left. Still haven't found their celebration from the season that we went up. The one before the game in that season. Oh and Thierry Bonalair.

Not really bothered about the £35million for Carroll. Fair enough it is over the top, (largely because of the premium on English players), but he is a very good player and has great potential. We bought Rooney when he was 18 for a fee rising to £27million, (if I remember correctly), and no one maoned about that.

(And before anyone says it, I know there is a big difference between the two of them in all sorts of contexts)

I don't like FM11. After having it uninstalled for over month, reinstalling and attempting to play again... I just cannot get back into it, tried everything now.

Got it on my iPhone though, that is enjoyable on the bus!

I've barely played FM11 in the past couple of months either. Will probably try again when the final patch comes out, the .3 version is usually the business. I've probably played a 90's arcade golf game called Turf Masters (or something like that) on SNK classics on the PSP more than anything lately - its pretty bad but I just get addicted to golf games. That and Super Meat Boy.

So hows everybody doing? Quiet round these parts it seems.

My quick summation of Spurs transfer window?

Farcical really. Although there were 4 positives. 1) Keane has gone 2) Bentley has gone 3) Pienaar arrived 4) we didn't get a Neville.

Other than that we got back to being the deadline day joke. Cheers Levy.

I'm still playing FM11, just have been busy with work and other stuff to play as much as I have in the past. Enjoying it very much though, apart from some of the tactical interface bugs, like the "current" issue and the random, inexplicable loss of set piece settings, for no apparent reason during matches sometimes.

I'm actually just about to embark on the fourth season of my AFC Telford save. That's the only save I've played since I got my copy of the game, a week after release. Normally I'll have had three or four saves on the go by now.

I do want to start a Granada CF save, but will be waiting after the patch to do so. That's not because of any bugs with the game though. There were some crossed wires during the research submissions and much of the data I submitted, wasn't actually applied to the first released version of the game. As everything with Granada CF will be correct and properly implemented, I'll both start a save and a club thread here in GP&TG. :)

One excuse for not playing FM so much the last couple of days, is that I've been messing around with a new Blackberry Torch phone that I managed to get for only €50. I used up all my reward points accumulated with my mobile phone contract, so got it cheap. :)

Not being that into snazzy phones previously, I'm still trying to figure how the bloody thing works!

edgar555 - Sorry you missed out on Phil Neville, but Gary officially announced his playing retirement today and I hear a rumour that Harry wants him as assistant manager at Spurs... :p

We are awaiting your return.

Your never here when I've been able to pop in. Anyway pretty much back now. Less time on my hands than before but still will be around most late evenings when I can and some weekend times :D

Plus I think FM11 is good tbh.

So do I. Its obviously too complicated for the kids ;)

edgar555 - Sorry you missed out on Phil Neville, but Gary officially announced his playing retirement today and I hear a rumour that Harry wants him as assistant manager at Spurs... :p

I'm dreading the thought of him taking Andy Grays job on Sky.

I have one of the first Blackberry Bolds and whilst it was good at first they aren't anything special. My contract is finished and I can get a new phone and contract now but haven't got round to it as I haven't seen anything I like :(.

Hi edgar :).

I have a question to ask. Has anyone ever done an internship? What are they? The reason why I am asking is because there is a four month vacancy with a football club as a Marketing Assistant. I did marketing at college and enjoyed it so it's something I would be interested in. I have customer service experience. I think that's what they said you needed and whilst I'm not fully clued up on the computer side of it, that is only beneficial. The only problem is that it is only four months. However, if you impress them there maybe more vacancies whoch you could be considered for. The key word is Could be considered. I like my other job and even though this vacancy is full-time, the money is less than I'm on now. Although I currently only do thirty hours at Morrisons. AFAIK there is more chance of be progressing up the management route at Morrisons than in this other job if I one apply for it and two get it. So guys what should I do?

I like taking risks but with the job market the way it is at the moment and not looking like it will get any better, I don't want to be unemployed in four months time after the internship. I have considered possibly lessering my hours at Morrisons if I did apply and get the job but then that would be seen as bad by Morrisons as I wouldn't be committed. I also don't know whether I could handle doing sixty hours a week. I also don't know the hours of thsi vacancy. I guess I have probably just answered my own problem but in truth I would like to get your opinions :).

I'm dreading the thought of him taking Andy Grays job on Sky.

Actually, I hadn't thought about that.

Even though we've got British satellite TV at our house here in Spain, they're just the freeview channels we have. I only usually bother watching Man Utd games, which I either watch in a bar with the locals, or at home on Spanish TV or online. So, it's been ages since I've seen Andy Grey or Richard Keys on Sky anyway. To be honest though, I thought they were both pillocks anyway. John Motson... now there's quality commentary!

Actually, I hadn't thought about that.

Even though we've got British satellite TV at our house here in Spain, they're just the freeview channels we have. I only usually bother watching Man Utd games, which I either watch in a bar with the locals, or at home on Spanish TV or online. So, it's been ages since I've seen Andy Grey or Richard Keys on Sky anyway. To be honest though, I thought they were both pillocks anyway. John Motson... now there's quality commentary!

You obviously haven't seen Grays name for a while as you have spelt it wrong :). Not that it matters.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having Neville as a pundit. He's articulate, professional, knows the modern game inside out and isn't afraid to voice an opinion. About time a United stalwart became a pundit after years of listening to Hansen, Lawrenson, Beglin, Houghton, Whelan, Thompson, etc.

After not being able to get into FM11 on the laptop... I bought FM11 Handheld for my iPhone, rather pricey and very basic... but atleast I have something to do at college in them boring lessons :D

--

Yay at edgar back :D

Your never here when I've been able to pop in. Anyway pretty much back now. Less time on my hands than before but still will be around most late evenings when I can and some weekend times :D

How come mate? You can PM if you don't like to post it in here.

You obviously haven't seen Grays name for a while as you have spelt it wrong :). Not that it matters.

Its not important how to spell a persons name NF.

After not being able to get into FM11 on the laptop... I bought FM11 Handheld for my iPhone, rather pricey and very basic... but atleast I have something to do at college in them boring lessons :D

Whats the cost?

I think I'm back into FM tbh, still more into a few games on the Xbox, but as it's a shared Xbox/TV it can't always be used. I tend to come in here more when I play FM as well.

Glad to see you more in here. :(

Archived