Ronseal™

Purefun

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I miss this thread. Well, the old this thread. And I miss Dhuey.

Also, fwiw, enter this competition to win a years subscription to Football Manager Live [/shamelessadvertising] ;)

Get in here more often then, we are all good. Most of us. ;)

Anyway Purefun isn't going anywhere. Right?

No I'm here to stay. Still love FM.

This is mainly a question for Purefun as he speaks Belgian. However if anyone else does then thanks. Anyway, I was on Fifa last night playing online against someone. I was Forest and he was Anderlecht. I beat him 1-0. After most games I usually switch to the TV side where I can watch programs and as the Football League Show was on I forgot to click whether I wanted a rematch. Once I switched back I checked to see if I had any messages off anyone for Cod or what not and this guy had sent me a message. All it said was filsdespute or something like that. What does it mean? I assume it's a swear word so I apologise in advance.

Who do you think will win the Prem this year?
Anderlecht will win the Belgian one.

Everton the lesser english one.

Mon the Arsenal!
Man City

either them or Chelsea

My heart says Spurs.

My head says Chelski.

Man United of course

I was reading the first page of this thread and there was this. With the season over half way gone do people still agree with what they have said? I believe Man Utd will win it.

This is mainly a question for Purefun as he speaks Belgian. However if anyone else does then thanks. Anyway, I was on Fifa last night playing online against someone. I was Forest and he was Anderlecht. I beat him 1-0. After most games I usually switch to the TV side where I can watch programs and as the Football League Show was on I forgot to click whether I wanted a rematch. Once I switched back I checked to see if I had any messages off anyone for Cod or what not and this guy had sent me a message. All it said was filsdespute or something like that. What does it mean? I assume it's a swear word so I apologise in advance.
1) son of a postitute

2) french insult: 'son of a bitch'

:)

Really ?

Yes.

Haha :p

The languages of Belgium are French and Dutch, or a mixture being "Flemish", if I'm right?

Nope we speak flemish and french and german.

Dutch is what they speak in Holland.

Flemish is the exact same but a very different accent.

Nope we speak flemish and french and german.

Dutch is what they speak in Holland.

Flemish is the exact same but a very different accent.

I stand corrected :)

Really didn't know that German was one of the main spoken languages in Belgium though. Learn something new every day.

That's weird. I will never do drugs/drink and drive. I spoke to my driving instructor and due to the bad weather we had over Christmas he's busy as he has lot of people who are close to taking their tests. He said to get in touh with him once I have passed my theory test. The thing is I don't think I will. I haven't booked it yet or tried to revise but I failed it last time and it's hit my confidence big time. I lost motivation for driving and that's why I haven't had a lesson for two months. Any tips for getting motivation back?

Just think of a thing that is useful in life. And probably most of your friends have a license and you don't, that sucks.

Nope, doesn't work really. I don't need a licence at the moment and whilst it may be useful for jobs that's it. But with there not being much jobs out there it doesnt really matter. Most of mates don't have a licence either.

To attain a driving licence was big enough motivation for me. With driving, you really need to stick with it until you pass, because once you do, the licence is yours for life! (Unless your an idiot and get it taken off you)

The theory test is relatively simple, you should buy one of those discs to help you practice. With the practical driving, well... practice makes perfect I guess :thup:

Why don't you go driving around in a quiet neighbourhood to see if it clicks? I actually don't need to drive except to go to the football matches, but it's a liberating feeling to know that if I want to go to the mall or to go anywhere I can just get in my car and go. I'm all for public transportation and the less people drive around the better, but sometimes I gotta admit it's good to have a car.

I've got one of the discs. Have had one for about two years or so. Before I started taking my lessons. I just need to get the motivation to pass my theory. That's the thing I'm worrying about. I failed it last time and don't want to fail it again. I'm not that good at revising either which is a problem. Never have been. I get bored of sitting in front of a screen and trying to learn. i was like it for my GCSEs as well. Especially English Literature. But I actually sat down and learnt what I needed to learnt and got a C. I'm alright with the practical side of driving. Infact my instructor has taught me all that I need to know it's just a case of practicing it a bit more so that I am ready for my test, which shouldn't be too long. It's just the theory that's letting me down.

Why don't you go driving around in a quiet neighbourhood to see if it clicks? I actually don't need to drive except to go to the football matches, but it's a liberating feeling to know that if I want to go to the mall or to go anywhere I can just get in my car and go. I'm all for public transportation and the less people drive around the better, but sometimes I gotta admit it's good to have a car.

Again, not possible :(. I don't have the money for a car or the insurance nor do I have a qualified driver of three or more years that can help. My grandad said he won't help me as although he has the patience, he didn't like teaching my nan. My dad doesn't have the time because he's at work most of the day and I work evenings.

Pass in less than 11 lessons and you beat me :cool: Best out of all my mates!

I then lost my license, then did 3 lessons and took another test and passed again!

BORN TO DRIVE BABY!

I don't know about how it works there, but here in Portugal if you fail the theory test you have to pay around €100. That's motivation right there. Actually it's more like pressure but it works for lots of people, it certainly did for me.

It's £31 in England. No doubt it will go up soon as well. Add to the fact that in September they are re-writing the answers as well. Again that doesn't seem to motivate me. If I could learn in short bursts then it would be ok. I plan on giving myself four weeks to practice. It's just the fact that it takes about an hour to complete the test and I just don't have the patience to sit there for an hour knowing that FM or my PS3 is a short click away :(.

How'd you lose your license?

It's in this thread somewhere. He was out with his mates and they has all had a drink. Ty had, had the least so offered to drive and they got caught. No insurance and well work out the rest. Or it was that Ty had, had nothing to drink so offered to drive and they got caught. Am I right Ty?

I won't pass your record Ty. I have had about 40 hours already maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less :(.

Sounds like you don't really want to pass then, which is fine, but... theres nothing we can really do.

I really do it's just the theory side of it. The practical bit I can do. Just not the theory. I'm not going to use the reward system that school taught us to use for our GCSEs which was revise for little bit and then reward youself with some chocolate or a short time on a game. Because to be honest I don't need no more chocolate and I can't play a game for short space of time, there's no point.

How'd you lose your license?

Driving my mates car :thdn:

Using false details with my passport in my back pocket, well and truely messed myself over.

Now fully insured on my mates car, so all is good! Wish we had done that in the first place, save myself 6 points and £200.

If you can't pass the theory, I don't really want people like you on the road!

Roads are full of too many idiots that just want to drive about having fun and not have a clue how to do safe.

Roads are full of too many idiots that just want to drive about having fun and not have a clue how to do safe.

Damn right man. The most dangerous thing on the road are the crazy drivers.

I just don't have the patience to sit there for an hour knowing that FM or my PS3 is a short click away :(.

How can we counter that statement? No chance really. You know that chinese saying: "If FM doesn't require it, then it's worthless".

Just because I can't pass my theory it doesn't mean I'm not safe :mad:. Because I am.

You've already been unsafe Ty. By driving a car whilst uninsured. Yes you regret it, it was still unsafe because you had no insurance. One crash and well.

Theory doesn't really have anything to do with being a safe driver
Well it obviously does have something to do with being a safe driver as it teaches you the rules

Mr Contradiction of 2011!

That is exactly what it means.

The theory test consists of relatively simple, easy safety questions!

I should know, I have passed it first time, three times.

Yeah I know that. The point is though when I took the test I flagged 26 questions which I wasn't to sure on. Now if I had revised for the test a bit more I would have passed. I was only two marks off passing the theory bit and a few off passing the hazard bit.

Yeah I know that. The point is though when I took the test I flagged 26 questions which I wasn't to sure on. Now if I had revised for the test a bit more I would have passed. I was only two marks off passing the theory bit and a few off passing the hazard bit.

You shouldn't need to revise, they're all common sense except the odd one about stopping distances etc. Surely with your 40+ hours of driving time you should know much more than you need to know to pass the theory? :confused:

I stand corrected :)

Really didn't know that German was one of the main spoken languages in Belgium though. Learn something new every day.

German is only been spoken by tiny minority of 60.000 people but still they made it our third official language. :(

That's weird. I will never do drugs/drink and drive. I spoke to my driving instructor and due to the bad weather we had over Christmas he's busy as he has lot of people who are close to taking their tests. He said to get in touh with him once I have passed my theory test. The thing is I don't think I will. I haven't booked it yet or tried to revise but I failed it last time and it's hit my confidence big time. I lost motivation for driving and that's why I haven't had a lesson for two months. Any tips for getting motivation back?

If you don't have the motivation why should we have the motivation with helping you out. Get over it and do the test.

You shouldn't need to revise, they're all common sense except the odd one about stopping distances etc. Surely with your 40+ hours of driving time you should know much more than you need to know to pass the theory? :confused:

I lack common sense. I flag alot of questions which I'm not sure of and then when I look at them and think I have th right answer I proceed. When I check the answers and realise I get it wrong. I kind of think I should of known that.

If you don't have the motivation why should we have the motivation with helping you out. Get over it and do the test.

I've been practicing today. Done one practice test so far. I will do another one later and then one when I get in from work.

Archived