Ronseal™

Purefun

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oooh, I know its no FM talk but whatever. Heath will be pleased to hear Granada are in La Liga in one of my saves, been there 2 years.

OMG OMG OMG YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT FM!

It leads to the world exploding and NF complaining, both being the end of humanity :D

OMG OMG OMG YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT FM!

It leads to the world exploding and NF complaining, both being the end of humanity :D

I'd sooner take my chances with a world explosion.

And I barely mentioned it. In passing. But they've done alright, its 2015 and they got a couple of mid table placings behind them ;)

That's ok, they got promoted to La Liga in the third season on my own save.

Quite surprising to see them get promoted to be honest. They're tipped for relegation at the start of the game and all the loan players from Udinese bugger off back at the end of the first season. This usually leaves them in a very poor state after the first season.

Problem is, due to some confusion or other that I shall not go into, much of the data I submitted for Granada didn't actually make it into the game on release. Also, I lost the "debate" at the time with the other Spanish researchers about what their club reputation should be. I maintained that given the quality of the players they had signed and investment in the club, irrespective of them having been outside the top two divisions for twenty years, their aim was consecutive promotions to La Liga. Needless to say, their reputation will be increased for the final patch, along with the both data that wasn't there on release, changes based on my assessment of the players and transfer moves.

The biggest difficulty at the moment, is that the game doesn't automatically replicate the situation at Granada realistically. Udinese president Gino Pozzo has invested heavily financially in Granada, he's personally provided the funds for signings and they've loaned no less than 14 players from Udinese. The problem in the game, is that these will all return to Udinese after a season and when the AI is managing Granada, they won't either extend the loans or loan the same quantity of players back for following seasons. Some of the loans aren't actually orthodox loans as such either. They're actually more like co-ownership deals, like you would see between Italian clubs, or players being actually contracted directly to Granada, but Udinese retain 80% to 100% rights to any future sale.

Believe me, it's been very tricky doing the research for them, as their "affiliate" deal with Udinese is a lot more complicated that is possible to represent in the game. I can't think of a situation anywhere else quite like it. The president of an Italian club, buying players through Udinese, then immediately sending them effectively for free to Granada.

It doesn't at all sound like thats a dodgy scenario between Udinese and Granada.

Well... Quique Pina, president of Granada CF, former president of the now defunct Granada 74 (who were actually Murcia until he bought the franchise and moved them) made his way in football, as an agent. So, I think he's always going to be someone who'll find and exploit any loopholes or flexibilities.

I don't believe there's anything dodgy insofar as breaking any rules goes... but I wouldn't be surprised if the boundaries are well and truly being stretched. For example, the B team has four South Americans on loan from Udinese too. They're only there for Spanish passports, which they're entitled to after two years work and residence in Spain. If in the meantime they make progress as players, though they are all junior internationals, Udinese will have ready-made EU citizens, therefore avoiding any work permit issues or foreign player restrictions in their league.

It's quite laughable seeing Brazilian, Columbian and Uruguayan youth internationals playing for the B team, in what's probably the equivalent of a senior county league back in the UK. Try to picture a Brazilian U19 regular, playing in something like the West Cheshire League...

Guest roberto922

Just watched The Rocks Return to WWE again, amazy <3. The basic situation here is that I haven't watched the damn thing in 7 years yet next month I'll be shelling out £15 to see the Great One, The most electrifying man in ALL of sports entertainment, The People's champion and aaaaall his millions at Wrestlemania because The Rock is BACK at Anaheim, which means The Rock is BACK on Monday Night Raw, which means... The Rock is BACK.. home.

Can you smel-el-el-el-ell what The Rock. Is. Cooking. :cool:

eyebrow.jpg

God I loved WWF back in the days of The Rock and Stone Cold. Now we have the pretenders to the throne like John Cena who my nephew idolises despite him being a terrible, PG friendly, unfunny impersonation of The Rock. And The Miz who is WWE Champion, I wouldn't even know who he was if it wasn't for him being mentioned in The Rocks return.

Well Roberto, it seems we have something else in common. Massive love for The Rock. I hadn't watched WWF for a long time til one night I came home late from work and saw The Brahma Bull pounding on someone and then tearing Stone Cold a new a$$hole on the microphone. I was hooked for a few years, mainly cos of The Rock and Stone Cold. Mankind was awesome too. Those guys really did 'Sports Entertainment' It got **** the minute they left and I haven't watched since.

Now? The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment is back. I guess I'll be paying £15 also.

Happy days.

Guest roberto922

The People's elbow is going in Purefuns face if he doesn't respect The Great One.

Oh and Stone Cold was my favourite growing up, WHAT?, I said Stone Cold was my favourite, WHAT?, I.., WHAT? Ermm., WHAT?

Guest roberto922

I will take you down Know Your Role Boulevard which is on the corner of Jabroni Drive and check you directly into the Smackdown Hotel!

Archived