Metal_Guitarist's FM10 Update

metal_guitarist

Should I continue releasing updates til FM11?  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Should I continue releasing updates til FM11?

• No, I want a long term save from now
    • Weekly, but only til the demo comes out
    • Weekly, til the full game comes out
    • Bi-weekly, but only til the demo comes out
    • Bi-weekly, til the full game comes out
    • Meh your update sucks

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry I must have missed it. What was the problem with the histories?

Its because, say in the Premier League, the history as a winner 3 times for 2009. Its really not that important. Its just a cosmetic issue. Id rather you spend your time making the transfers as accurate as possible but thats just me.

Yeah. New update out tomorrow night.

Don't fany releasing early do ya? I fancy starting a new game, and love ur update, but don't really wanna wait all the way until tomoz night! Maybe u could eMail it to me or summit? I'll be like a test dummy.

Its because, say in the Premier League, the history as a winner 3 times for 2009. Its really not that important. Its just a cosmetic issue. Id rather you spend your time making the transfers as accurate as possible but thats just me.

Looking through now, and it seems to be sorted according to the editor. I'll finish adding some more stuff in and start a new game and see what happens.

Sorry I must have missed it. What was the problem with the histories?

The problem with the club histories also competiton histories was you have duplicates for the year 2009 for example........premier league 2009 ,,,,,Man Utd won the premiership also Chelsea won the premiership oh and chelsea won it again, so you have 3 enteries for that year, just a winner for that year is all we want can you please sort this

Does it really bother you that much? You know who won the league in 2009. As long as that doesnt affect anything in Europe then its no big deal. As I said, do you want him to waste his time sorting out unimportant cosmetic issues or do you want him to concentrate on transfers and getting them as accurate as possible?

Well i was kinda hoping metal_guitarist could speak for himself and i think transfers and league histories should all be upto date...........so metal_guitarist can you fix this

Well here you go. All you need to do is look and read.

Looking through now, and it seems to be sorted according to the editor. I'll finish adding some more stuff in and start a new game and see what happens.

The problem with the club histories also competiton histories was you have duplicates for the year 2009 for example........premier league 2009 ,,,,,Man Utd won the premiership also Chelsea won the premiership oh and chelsea won it again, so you have 3 enteries for that year, just a winner for that year is all we want can you please sort this

see above.

Thanks for that, i'm always doing something wrong

Hope this helps:

Here is what you should do with the file:

All information below is copied from the FAQ. Good luck and have fun playing

Where Should I save files to?

Whether you have created the files yourself or downloaded them they need to be placed in the following locations for them to be loaded into the game.

PC – My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

MAC – Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

Don't overwrite the config.xml file! Instead, you should give your file an original name of your own choice.

Following the 10.2 patch, a new option was included in the editor to compress the editor data files, saving them as a smaller *.dbc file instead of the *.xml. These can be loaded by FM10 without any decompression.

How do I load my file into my game inside FM?

When clicking 'New Game' inside FM, you will get a dialog box appear called Choose Database. Notice in this box it will have section saying Editor Data Files and a 'Change' tick button. Clicking this button will allow you to select which of your files to load into your game.

Where can I find how to create a new nation rules or how to add leagues to existing leagues?

Videos of how to create these can be found at http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=videos

For creating new nation rules view – New editor tutorial part 1

For adding new levels to existing leagues view - FM2010 data editor - how to add competitions to existing leagues

I have created an XML (or DBC) file, but it is not appearing in game

Firstly make sure you have saved the file to the editor data file. If this is correct, you should try the following.

If the file is definitely saved, you should delete your cache and then remove the config.xml file from the editor data folder.

How to delete your cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' then 'Folder Options'. Then go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open 'My Computer'

2. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

4. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Windows Vista:

1. Click 'Start'

2. Click your username on the Start Menu

3. Click on 'AppData' and then 'Roaming'

4. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

5. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove any “Football Manager” Folder

The editor data folder is located

PC – My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

MAC – Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

Midfielder Stuart O'Keefe has signed with Crystal Palace from Southend on a free transfer.

Liverpool have agreed on a deal to take 14-year-old Oldham starlet Iaia Embarlo to Anfield for a sum of £25,000.

Celtic have completed the signing of Honduras left-back Emilio Izaguirre from Motagua.

Defender Dorian Dervite is set to complete a move from Tottenham to Villarreal on Wednesday.

Fulham have completed the signing of Belgium international Moussa Dembele on a three-year contract from AZ Alkmaar.

Freiburg's Jackson Mendy has left the club to sign a two-year contract with Grenoble Foot.

Kevin-Prince Boateng has joined Genoa from Portsmouth, although he is set to go straight out on loan to AC Milan.

Kaiserslautern have signed Austria international Clemens Walch on a 3 year deal.

Yes, I had another one called Chris23 summer something, but it was unticked all along. Now when I untick also metal_guitarist, it seems that the doppergangers disappear. Thanks for an amazingly fast reply though!

EDIT: but obviously no update either, Newcastle in Championship etc

No, only one db. But I loaded it into the official editor and made some changes (ramires and milner IIRC). Maybe I merged or saved the wrong way.

99.9% chance it is my own stupid fault (although I find using the editor very counter-intuitive).

Gonna play with the old db, maybe get a new one tomorrow.

Parma have signed Massimo Gobbi on a free transfer.

Robert Acquafresca has rejoined Cagliari on a season-long loan deal from Genoa.

Kilmarnock have signed Mohamadou Sissoko on a 1 year loan deal.

Celtic striker Ben Hutchinson has agreed to join Lincoln City on a season-long loan deal.

Hannover have signed Norway international striker Mohamed Abdellaoue on a four-year contract from Valerenga.

Stoke have signed Jon Walters on a 4 year deal from Ipswich for an initial fee of £2.75million.

James Milner has completed his move to Manchester City from Aston Villa on a 5 year deal, for a fee of £24million.

Parma have signed Massimo Gobbi on a free transfer.

Robert Acquafresca has rejoined Cagliari on a season-long loan deal from Genoa.

Kilmarnock have signed Mohamadou Sissoko.

Celtic striker Ben Hutchinson has agreed to join Lincoln City on a season-long loan deal.

Hannover have signed Norway international striker Mohamed Abdellaoue on a four-year contract from Valerenga.

Stoke have signed Jon Walters on a 4 year deal from Ipswich for an initial fee of £2.75million.

James Milner has completed his move to Manchester City from Aston Villa on a 5 year deal, for a fee of £24million.

Stephen Ireland has also joined Villa from City in the same deal :thup:

4 year contract

Some of these loans/transfers may already be in there, but the majority aren't.

Guarani Futebol Clube (SP)

• Asprilla (transferred to America Futebol Clube RN)

• Carlos Cesar (released)

• Da Silva* (on loan from Itaucu)

• Dairo (on loan at Sport Recife)

• Dao (released)

• Fabinho* (on loan from Cianorte)

• Heverton* (on loan from Pao de Acucar)

• Leo Mineiro (transferred to Ipatinga Futebol Club)

• Marcinho (transferred to Guaratingueta)

• Maycon* (on loan from Internacional)

• Mazola* (on loan from Sao Paulo)

• Marcio Careca* (on loan from Vasco Da Gama)

• Paulinho* (on loan from Internacional)

• Paulo Roberto* (on loan from Pao de Acucar)

• Preto* (on loan from Novo Hamburgo)

• Renan* (on loan from Sao Paulo)

• Rodrigao* (on loan from Ituano)

• Ronaldo* (on loan from Corinthians)

• Valdir (transferred to Arapongas)

• Walter Minhoca (transferred to Ipatinga)

Vasco da Gama

• Allan* (on loan from Madureira Esporte Club RJ)

• Caique* (on loan from Ole Brasil Futebol Clbe SP)

• Carlinhos* (On loan from Madureira Esporte Club RJ)

• Dede* (on loan from Villa Rio Esporte Clube RJ)

• Eder Luis* (on loan from Benfica)

• Ernani* (on loan from Iraty Sport Club PR)

• Fabinho (loan return to Olaria)

• Fellipe Bastos* (on loan from Benfica)

• Gallo (transferred to Vitoria Setabul)

• Geovane Maranhao (loan return to Artsul)(loaned to Duque de Caxias Futebol Clube RJ)

• Gian (on loan at Sao Caetano)

• Jeferson (on loan at Avai)

• Jumar* (on loan from Desportivo Brasil Ltda SP)

• Nunes* (on loan from Santo Andre)

• Paulinho (transferred to Tochigi SC)

• Rafael Carioa* (on loan from Spartak Moscow)

• Rafael Coelho* (on loan from Desportivo Brasil Ltda SP)

• Rodrigo Pimpao (on loan at Parana Clube)

• Romulo* (on loan from Clube Atletico do Porto)

• Titi* (on loan from Internacional)

me too well said....looking forward to starting a new game with this db

should be a few prem transfers once villa get new boss to spend milner cash??

Credit to gdowson for posting those transfers at Forbes thread.

Rafael Sobis - Internacional

Ricardo Oliveira - Sao Paulo

Yury Zhevnov - Zenit

Andreas Gorlitz - Fc Ingolstadt

Roberto Hilbert - Besiktas

Steve Von Bergen - Cesena

Angelos Basinas - Ac Arles-Avignon

Fabio Santos - Cruzeiro

Freddy Grisales has retired

Leandro Domingues - Kashiwa Reysol

Luciano Henrique - Vitoria

Yazid Mansouri - Al-Sailiya

Isaac Okoronkwo - FC Rostov

Ramoncito Morales - Tecos

Jorge Valdivia - Palmeiras

Diego Souza - Atletico Mineiro

Daniel Carvalho - Atletico Mineiro

Most recent transfers in Poland:

http://transfermarkt.de/en/ekstraklasa/letztetransfers/wettbewerb_PL1.html

http://transfermarkt.de/en/1-liga/letztetransfers/wettbewerb_PL2.html

And you could also look here:

http://www.90minut.pl/transfery.php?id_sezon=77&runda=1

http://www.90minut.pl/transfery.php?id_sezon=77&runda=1&poziom=2

http://www.90minut.pl/transfery.php?id_sezon=77&runda=1&poziom=-1

Legend - green marked transfers to the club, red transfers some of the club, and the black "not confirmed" Click on the player's name to get more information about him. The statement also included transfers between the first and second team of the same club.

Przychodzą - transfers to a club

Odchodzą - transfers from a club

italic font- loans

juniorzy - 2nd team/U21

B - Golkeeper

O - Defender

P - Midfielder

N- Forward

me too well said....looking forward to starting a new game with this db

should be a few prem transfers once villa get new boss to spend milner cash??

I dont think the new boss can spend the cash. Thats the problem O'Neill had with the chairman. He wanted McGeady but the chairman wouldnt give him £12m even though they was getting £20+ for Milner.

Looking at the old one, it says Koscielny was bought for £1.3m. The fee was closer to £9.3m, and for some reason on the update it says his last club was Tours, when in fact it was Lorient...

EDIT: though I can see why, as he moved to Lorient in 2009. Though the fee to Arsenal is wrong, so it way undervalues him in-game...

Looking at the old one, it says Koscielny was bought for £1.3m. The fee was closer to £8.3m, and for some reason on the update it says his last club was Tours, when in fact it was Lorient...

Have you thought that maybe Lorient bought Koscielny from Tours for £1.3m and because Koscielny in the original database he was starting his first season at Lorient but he has moved him to Arsenal so Lorient doesnt show up. So it looks like Arsenal have bought him from Tours for £1.3m

Hi there, just an update on Norwich City, the players are all good, but the staff needs some changing.

Alan Pearson is no longer the fitness coach, its a guy called Mike Watts (not sure he is in the game and all i can tell you is he's 29!)

Gary Holt is now the new Assistant Academy Director (youth coach), he's not a player coach at Lowestoft any longer.

Lastly Lawrence Batty is the Goalkeeping Coach at Norwich.

Many thanks for your hard work.

Ok, granted, but can't history be changed to give him a more accurate fee? Especially as Kolorov of Citeh is valued at £170,000...

Kolorov is £170,000 for the same reason. Lazio bought him for £170,000 but because he's just been transfered to city rather than an actual transfer going though he's still got the £170,000 value. Im sure M_G could go through every single transfer and add history so that correct values are shown but as ive said about other things, these are just cosmetic issues. I would rather M_G concentrate on getting transfers as accurate as possible instead of messing about with histories just so it shows a player moving to another club for the correct amount.

If Koscielny and Kolorov are regular starters and play well then their values will rise anyway so I dont see the problem.

If it bothers you that much you can always change it yourself.

KUTGW M_G :thup:

MG, are you still adding new young players too, as Cromscott did?

I know nothing about him, but as I said in of my previous posts (in the transfers and updates thread) Jordan Larsson (Henrik Larsson's son) is now testing at Feyenoord. I do not know if the boy allready is in the game.

He will release it tonight as he has said many times. Be patient!

Humph. I want to get a game started and assess my team before the footy. Quite fancy watching the Villa match as well as the start of my beloved Liverpool's glorious campaign in the Micky Mouse Trophy. Kinda time U reckon he'll get it out for?

OK, while I wait;

All done deals:

* Atletico Madrid striker Eduardo Salvio has signed a season-long loan deal with Portuguese champions Benfica

* Sunderland defender Matt Kilgallon has signed with Middlesbrough on a season-long loan deal, the Championship club has confirmed

* Wolves have recruited another promising youngster in the shape of Irish defender Matt Doherty

* Kevin-Prince Boateng has described his move to AC Milan as a dream come true after joining on loan from Genoa (The midfielder only completed his switch to Genoa from Portsmouth on Wednesday but he has now been sent out immediately to Milan with a view to a permanent transfer at the end of the season)

* Marseille have confirmed they have reached an agreement in principle with Nice for striker Loic Remy (THIS ONE ISN'T YET A DONE DEAL, BUT MAY WELL BE BY THE TIME OF RELEASE)

* Hannover have signed Norway international striker Mohamed Abdellaoue on a four-year contract from Valerenga

* Italy Under-21 international Robert Acquafresca has rejoined Cagliari on a season-long loan deal from Genoa

* Arsenal's Emmanuel Frimpong ruled out for 6-9 months with cruciate lligament injury

Archived