Metal_Guitarist's FM10 Update

metal_guitarist

Should I continue releasing updates til FM11?  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Should I continue releasing updates til FM11?

• No, I want a long term save from now
    • Weekly, but only til the demo comes out
    • Weekly, til the full game comes out
    • Bi-weekly, but only til the demo comes out
    • Bi-weekly, til the full game comes out
    • Meh your update sucks

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No the file size is right. All .dbc is is a compressed version of .xml. If I uploaded it as an .xml file, it would be pushing 1GB big. It should be in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/editor data and when you start a new game, when the database box pops up, check underneath the drop down menu that it says "1 out of 1 files" or something along those lines. It'll depend on how many other files you've downloaded, but make sure by hitting the "change" button (I think it says "change" anyway) and make sure the box next to the file is ticked.

Right, to answer the questions:

@Anthony- There's an FAQ at the top of the Editors Hideaway homepage I believe, if not post a new thread detailing the problem

@bennymc- I plan on releasing one next Thursday, and then another one a week later to clear up any problems, add in more leagues if possible etc. I'm still undecided after that.

@Prusim- http://www.filefront.com/17239241/Metal_Guitarist's Update.dbc

@iolodavanki- will have a look at that, I don't believe I touched A.C. Milan so will get that made more realistic

Thanks a lot MG! I don't know why SI does not mention you (together with various other guys contributing to this forum) by name in its credits. It is thanks to people like you that we get to really enjoy the FM series.

@ballinisahabit- Anelka is still a striker IMO, and in the games I've run he still gets regularly used out wide, and goes back into the middle when Drogba isn't playing. Malouda I agree with. As for Chelsea's youth facilities,when was the last time you had a player come all the way through and break into the first team, or stand a very good chance of breaking into the first team? And I don't mean was bought from another club at the age of 15/16 etc, I mean right through. You're the same as Arsenal, good at buying young talent and developing them (Lampard, Kakuta 2 that stand out) hence the good training facilities, but not very good at bringing players all the way through that go on to be Premiership standard players. I can't remember you bought someone right the way through that "made it" or is 70% of the way there, such as Darren Fletcher, Danny Welbeck, Tom Cleverley for example, or Mark Albrighton or Jordan Henderson.

@VicGAx- no worries

Good update!

Diego - Wolfsburg (Juve)

Ivan Marcano is on loan to Getafe, but from Villareal and not Racing (He played at racing, got bought by Villareal and loaned to Getafe)

Víctor Sánchez - Getafe (Loan) (He do not play for Xerxes, he was only load one season from Barca, so hes still a Barca player whos on loan to Getafe this season!)

Obinna - West Ham (I think its just a loan from Inter)

Quagriella - Juve (On a loan from Napoli for 4m euro and with a chance on buying him for 10-12m e. (Dont know if this is the official solution)

I also think Ibrahimovic is close to Milan for 40m e, paid over 3 years.

I dont know if you can do anything about this but, Canales is a player for the first team and not for the u19 in Real.

Found some official transfers on this site: http://www.footballpress.net/?action=sezione&idsel=17 and could confirm a few on http://www.footballtransfers.co.uk/football-transfers/world-football-transfers/ . Just a tip!

@ballinisahabit- Anelka is still a striker IMO, and in the games I've run he still gets regularly used out wide, and goes back into the middle when Drogba isn't playing. Malouda I agree with. As for Chelsea's youth facilities,when was the last time you had a player come all the way through and break into the first team, or stand a very good chance of breaking into the first team? And I don't mean was bought from another club at the age of 15/16 etc, I mean right through. You're the same as Arsenal, good at buying young talent and developing them (Lampard, Kakuta 2 that stand out) hence the good training facilities, but not very good at bringing players all the way through that go on to be Premiership standard players. I can't remember you bought someone right the way through that "made it" or is 70% of the way there, such as Darren Fletcher, Danny Welbeck, Tom Cleverley for example, or Mark Albrighton or Jordan Henderson.

@VicGAx- no worries

John Terry, one of the world's greatest defenders came through our academy, and many other such as Josh McEachran and Conor Clifford are currently coming through, as wel as Sam Hutchinson but unfortunately he was forced to retire due to injury. The fact that you rate Chelsea's youth system as average is disgraceful, it's one thing to buy youth, but once we've bought them, we still have to develop them, it's not like they're already fully developed when we buy them as youngsters? Is it?

John Terry, one of the world's greatest defenders came through our academy, and many other such as Josh McEachran and Conor Clifford are currently coming through, as wel as Sam Hutchinson but unfortunately he was forced to retire due to injury. The fact that you rate Chelsea's youth system as average is disgraceful, it's one thing to buy youth, but once we've bought them, we still have to develop them, it's not like they're already fully developed when we buy them as youngsters? Is it?

Yeah dude that's 1 guy.

@bennymc- I plan on releasing one next Thursday, and then another one a week later to clear up any problems, add in more leagues if possible etc. I'm still undecided after that.

Cheers, sounds good!

Gotta agree with Luke., and if thats how youve worked out that Chelsea should have average facilities then why do Liverpool have excellent facilities, when was the last time they brang up a player from there academy to first team status? The same with Spurs? Fair enough we dont bring a lot of youth through our academy but why should that effect our facilties, Chelsea are one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world and should boast good youth facilites at a minimum. To put us on par with teams like Stoke, Birmingam and Bolton is insulting.

Regarding Anelka, he himself has said recently he doesnt see himself as an out and out striker anymore and he has been a starter at AMR for all of last season and looks to be the same for this season.

John Terry was taken from West Ham as a 14/15 year old was he not? McEachran and Clifford are still young, but considering Hutchinson was the only player you've bought completely through in the last 10 years then yeah, Chelsea's youth system is quite average. Just because a club is big doesn't necessarily mean the youth academy is the best in the world. Cambridge United have a very good youth setup, even with a lack of funding, and as I regularly referee their academy games, I've seen them beat Arsenal, Leyton Orient, Luton, Gillingham etc. Only time I've seen them get completely destroyed was against Aston Villa in an U14s game. Their U16s girls team went abroad to play in a tournament and won. They're not the biggest club in the world, but the likes of John Ruddy, Jack Collison, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Dave Kitson, all Premier League players (bar Ruddy who has now joined Norwich) came through that academy. Jackson Ramm is now at Blackburn, Michael Morrison at Leicester. They've produced more Premier League players than Chelsea lately and they're a Blue Square Premier team!

O'Hara is hardly a first team player for Spurs though and corrct me if im wrong but didnt he start out at Arsenal? Jon Obika is not a first team player either having come from their academy and hes usually loaned out to lower league teams. Liverpool def need downgrading their much worse then us, and cheers for altering Nic :thup:

O'Hara came from Arsenal. We have bought through King though, as well as a few players on loan at football league level now, and if FM is to be believed, we have the next Wayne Rooney in a 17 year old lad called Harry Kane.

he's played Prem football at least though, played a couple of seasons then a year at Portsmouth. Not sure about him starting at Arsenal, if he did I stand corrected. Obika has played a couple of European games I believe and is quite highly rated apparently. Also, I'd have a look at my point about Cambridge United's academy a few posts up if you haven't already. More Premier League players produced than Chelsea recently.

I did read it mate and its a fair point. If thats how your gonna judge a teams facilities, on how many prem standard players they have brought through, then all i ask is that Loserpool are put on par with us and Spurs are downgraded to good as i believe only United and West Ham should have Excellent/State of the art facilities.

By the way mate is there any way to edit your DB or is that not possible?

I have made some changes to teams reputation that I feel are realistic, not sure if you agree or not?

Premier League:

Chelsea 9400

Man Utd 9200

Man City 8800

Arsenal 8700

Liverpool 8400

Spurs 8150

Villa 7750

Everton 7700

Birmingham 6750

Blackburn 6700

Stoke 6625

Fulham 6575

Sunderland 6500

Bolton 6450

West Ham 6375

Newcastle 6300

Wolves 6000

Wigan 6000

West Brom 5750

Blackpool 5500

Championship:

Portsmouth 5100

League 1

Southampton 5250

I feel these changes are more realistic, as they show the medium-large gaps between 1st and 8th in quality, the huge drop from 8th to 9th (Everton to Birmingham), the very small gaps between 9th and 15th, where anyone could very easily finish anyway within that band of teams, the fact that Wigan and Wolves are predicted to be fighting it out to stay up, and the large but not impossible challenge for WBA and Blackpool. For the other two, Pompey were expected to get promoted, very unrealistic with their squad and finances, and Southampton were as attractive as a mid-table prem team, and for real, they don't attract the same players as the likes of Birmingham, Fulham and Newcastle.

It would also be good if you could update all the teams, including lower ones, in the European Competitions (entrants at different rounds found at these sites: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Champions_League#Teams and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Europa_League#Teams the Europa League is slightly more complex, ignore all the teams listed as entering in the group stage as they were originally CL, as well as all the play-off round teams listed as 'UCL Q3). Put Athletico in the play-off round too, mover Inter Turku to the 2nd qualifying round and move Valleta and Tre Penne to the 1st qualifying round, this is becasue the format is slightly different this year due to the holders being in it and the game can't handle this.

Have adjusted Liverpool and Tottenham. To edit the database, open editor, go to the 'File' menu and click 'load database' and choose 10.3. Then go to the file menu again and hit 'load editor data' and choose this database. Do your edits and hit 'save editor data' to save your work.

Fair enough about O'Hara, and will take a look at those reps.

You might want to have a look at the Portsmouth finances, in my save they went into admin on the 12th of July and came out again, without a takeover, on the 26th, just two weeks later. Has anyone else had this? Also, the rep I suggested for City may be too high the board want to win the treble first season, but the players attracted are of the right quality, so maybe it's a matter of adjusting the chaimans stats?

By the way, although I am suggesting all these imptovements, I appreciate the time and effort that's gone into making this, and the update is fantastic :)

Maybe, I guess the question that needs to be asked is would Mancini be sacked if he came 4th this season? How about if he won the league cup, and came 2nd in the Europa League, FA Cup and Premier League? I think the expectations are slightly too high, maybe challenge for the title and cup semis would be better?

Newcastle United Changes

Player Changes

Joan Simun Edmundsson has signed from Tofta 68 (he is in the db)

Dan Williams has been released

James Taylor has been released

Staff Changes

Simon Tweddle should be a fitness coach not youth coach

Jack Ade has signed as Fitness Coach

Chris McMenemy (scout) has left

Ola Nielson (scout) was apparently never at the club, just reccommended 3 players

Kev Bell (physio) has left

Contract Changes

Andy Carroll's contract should be till 2013

James Perch should be till 2014

Dan Gosling should be till 2014

Squad Numbers

Fraser Forster is no 21

Brad Inman is no 47

Cheick Tiote doesnt have a number yet so untick

Personally I think the facilities should be excellent for the big teams, because they are. The scouting might not be great which is why they are not finding the best youngsters but the actual facilities are there. Also the reputations should not be based on last years league positions like some people seem to think, Liverpool for example are much more known around the world than City despite the money City spent and them finishing above Liverpool.

Great Update!

Couple of things for your next release.

Kleber should be at Cruzeiro not Porto

Evaldo from Braga to Sporting CP

Albert Zapater has joined Sporting CP from Genoa

Simon Vukcevic didnt join Olympiakos on loan and should remain at Sporting CP

Filipe Oliveira has joined Torino on a season long loan from Braga

Fernando Forestieri should be at Udinese with Genoa retaining 50% on a co-ownership

Diego has joined Wolfsburg from Juventus

Davide Di Gennaro has joined Padova on loan for the season from AC Milan

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has joined Monaco on a season long loan from AC Milan

Roberto Guana has joined Chievo on a season long loan from Palermo

Daniel Carvalho's loan needs removing, he should be at Atletico Mineiro permanently

Fernando Cavenaghi has joined Mallorca on a season loan loan deal from Bordeaux

Nathan Porritt should be at Olhaenense not Belenenses

Luke Varney joins Blackpool on loan for one year

Benjani joins Blackburn from Man City

Marc-Antoine Fortune has joined West Brom on 2 year contract

Carlos Salcido has joined Fulham from PSV

Keep up the good work!

Some more changes I guess

City should have good relations with Santos FC as they have the first say on their players while United should have good relations with Sporting Lisbon.

...and Santos, check the comments from the clubs around the time the Possebon deal was going through.

Personally I think the facilities should be excellent for the big teams, because they are. The scouting might not be great which is why they are not finding the best youngsters but the actual facilities are there. Also the reputations should not be based on last years league positions like some people seem to think, Liverpool for example are much more known around the world than City despite the money City spent and them finishing above Liverpool.

I think you're right, it shouldn't be solely based on the previous league position, but it can't be totally ruled out either.

Archived