Will England get through to the last 16?

Rhino

Will England get through to the last 16?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Will England get through to the last 16?

Don't really care, just want as much drama as possible, the papers to go full on xenophobic mode and Ahmed from Manchester complaining about no passion and us needing an English manager, love it when the country explodes like that :thup:

Are you actually English or what?

IIRC, the best route is winning our group but that's kind of up to us beating Slovenia by more than the Yanks beat Algeria :/

You can get through with a high-scoring draw. Have to score 3+ more goals than the US (with the US also drawing). If England score 2 more goals than the US (with US-Algeria ending in a draw), it'll come down to drawing of lots.

If you win, you'll leapfrog Slovenia and go through that way. England would have 5 points, Slovenia 4. Most the US can get is 5 points with a win; Algeria can only get to 4 points with a win.

Yeah, that high scoring draw isn't gonna work out :D

Never know, Algeria have got something to play for against you now, they just never look like scoring and I don't expect the Americans to crumble under pressure like us.

Basically we need to win to get through at all but winning the group is definitely the best route through but it looks unlikely

England only need to beat Slovenia, but every time they have a chance to get through they wreck it. England has many top players and should easily get through. But this isn't what Capello expected. I'm really looking forward to the match, though Capello will probably be sacked after it.

England to be thoroughly outplayed 0-0, Gerrard or some such "I don't dive I'm English" scrote to fling himself at the ground looking for a pen, ref signals it's outside the box, shot sclaffs off J.Cole's arse into the bottom corner for the 1-0 winner. Media goes bananas about how it's somehow exactly the same as in '66 when mighty, mighty, peerless England won, England obviously re-installed as tournament favourites in all the right-thinking parts of the world. Sneak past Bongo-Bongoland 1-0 in the last 16, lose to cheating, diving greasy Dagos on pens in the QF. Simultaneous 23-man "biography" launch at Waterstones the day after.

He said Capello, not Sven.

Yes, but Capello will need a shagging scandal in order to restore his media palatability after England's World Cup exit, otherwise he's a dead man walking.

Heh... nearly typed "w4nking" instead of "walking" there.... god knows how a dead man wnaks, but w/e :)

Archived