Homer Simpson 'D'oh' moments... What's the stupidest mistake you ever made?

Forgetting to switch the PC off after I dashed off to work...leaving it in the capable hands of my dad. Not realising a game was running, after he was finished with the PC, he shuts it down, ruining my 4 greatest results in the history of Dunfermline Athletic. Victories over the Old Firm, and Falkirk league and cup double!

Forgetting to switch the PC off after I dashed off to work...leaving it in the capable hands of my dad. Not realising a game was running, after he was finished with the PC, he shuts it down, ruining my 4 greatest results in the history of Dunfermline Athletic. Victories over the Old Firm, and Falkirk league and cup double!

Did I mention...D'oh!!

selected Danny Wilson and Sebastien Corchia up front instead of subs bench, and of course this worked opposite for the players i wanted to play Chamakh and Lukaku

Cleared selection for a play-off final with Rotherham to allow me to pick the whole team and subs from scratch to add to the drama. Picked the side, didn't pick any subs. Clicked through to the match by mistake. Lost 2-0.

well i had arranged some friendlies in between the last couple of league games for my youth etc i thought that was the next game instead it was a league game so picked my side pressed continue saw my opponent and thought ohh crap

amazingly only lost the game 1-0 bearing in mind that the players were not fit and i'd named no subs i was quite happy!

Accidently accepted a job offer from Atalanta to join them at the end of the saeson. Anyway after avoiding relegation with Fulham in the Prem by the skin of my teeth I soon found myself being transported to a recently relegated Atalanta.

you play your 16yr old goalkeeper in a fa cup match. Your next game is the champions league semis and you competely forget u have ur 16yr old gk n goal and submit ur team with ur inexperienced 4th choice gk and lose the game :( Doh!!

you play your 16yr old goalkeeper in a fa cup match. Your next game is the champions league semis and you competely forget u have ur 16yr old gk n goal and submit ur team with ur inexperienced 4th choice gk and lose the game :( Doh!!

Which is why I always save my starting selection and load it before all important games.

On CM01/02 when you used to get one random young player appearing and placed in your reserves. I once had an amazing prospect placed in my reserves. I looked at him, thought he was a real hot prospect and put him in my reserves to develop for a year as he wasn't quite ready for the Championship. Without extending his contract!

Come next season I check on his development and see at 18 he is more than ready for the first team but, uh-oh, there is a "WNT" next to him. Man Utd are interested so I offer a new contract which he rejects, and again, and again, etc etc. Eventually I have to sell him for £3m. On the face of it good money but had I got to play him I'm sure I'd have been promoted that year and then go £20m from him. I never got Carlisle promoted and John Parker (I still remember the name!) went on to break all kinds of records.

was using England the other day and had just named the squad when I got the following emails

Baldini reports on Chelsea's Cole- Joe Cole impressed in Chelseas win over.... playing the full ninety minutes and creating a goal

Baldini reports on Chelsea's Cole- Ashley Cole had no time to make an impact before being subbed in the 9th minute etc

the next 2 headlines were

Cole out for 2 weeks

Select replacment for Cole

okay cba reading it Ashley got subbed after 9 mins must be him call up Bridge, Joe was injured

Paying £1Million more than a players minimum release clause :(

I don't have all that much money just never expected him to have such a low one. Usually they are always for something stupid like £147m

Bought Rooney for 92ml. when he was 29 (DOH)

He was unsettled for 1 year (DOH)

Made him captain (DOH)

Removed captaincy and he got angry at me for 2 years (DOH)

Broke foot while on loan at Juventus (DOH)

At 32 he became content and happy to play for me with status Legendary Striker - lasting just 2 months (DOH)

Hrmmm...

Spent half my transfer fees on players and finalise the deal only to learn that they arent being transferred right now but 2-3 years from now (there should seriously be a warning that pops up on those).

Removed a player from captaincy who i was intending to sell later that week and ended up with the whole team hating me.

Went on holiday during the summer to find out that Man United, Chelsea and other EPL teams had poached half my staff from the scouts right up to my assistant.

Signed lots of scouts then forgot to send them scouting for a season.

Archived