Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish there was a tactic like this which had wingers :( AMAZING tactic, however feels a tad unrealistic. Take nothing away from Mr Hough though

Mate all you have to do if you want to play a 451 is move the left striker into the aml position and the same with the right striker

Possibly lower the mentality of the fullbacks and closing down as they wont be needed so much to provide the width up and down the flanks as you will have amr/l`s there patrolling

One other thing if you do try it out ive found that the main problem with conceeding goals is an attacker in the middle feeding a trough ball between your strikers so maybe remove tight marking off your back four

Lower the closing down of the DM to around 7 clicks to counter this problem as he will form a barrier in front of your back line

If the opposing teams fullbacks are causing your grief get your wingers to man mark them

If the opposing teams wingers are causing you grief then get your fullbacks to man mark them

Do the same if your using it as the origin tactic aswell

For the centre midfielder with in mind they are Centre Midfielders with an Attacking role how important is the tackling attribute in the filter? Because if they are set to attack then surely this shouldnt be important and would mean many world class centre mids wouldnt be suitable e.g. xavi, sneijder

Someone should upload a tweaked 451 wingers, based on houghs 10.3...

theres no need for anything to be uploaded really all the information needed to alter it to a 451 or 442 has been posted its a 433 tactic so its not really far off 451 as such anyway mate.

just tried 4-4-2, as TBH said working really good

edit: due pm's

5eiccp.png

Hope, I didnt miss anything

Thank you,

How are your results especially against bigger teams?

And I forgot to ask, which version of Houghs tactic is this twea for? the unbeaten one or the other one?

Thank you,

How are your results especially against bigger teams?

And I forgot to ask, which version of Houghs tactic is this twea for? the unbeaten one or the other one?

Won league with udinese 1st season, sry not ss coz of new pc. Sanchez and Pepe (winger role,both)were insine on wings highest rates in league. Also my TM was complete forward role btw. Rest same as TBH's.

And i used newest wizard one (mrh + jpwoody final or something)

here are some results with my new 4-1-2-1-2 tactic.

These are the 2 best results.

JuventusvsPalembo.jpg

JuventusvsLeviski.jpg

In the Levski game i also missed 2 pens.

I'll be testing this over the weekend so don't bother asking for it yet.

At last... the time have come.... lol

Hey Mr. Hough, what version do you think is the best to play with?

I'd download my final unbeaten tactic and my JP woody collaberation, There the 2 best tactics i feel and you can find all the infomation and you need as well as the tactics in the opening post of this thread.

Ok sir. I just can't wait for your 4-1-2-1-2 tactic! I just finished my 1st season as Man City using your final tactic update and we won the double!(League Cup and Prem) Thanks for making these wonderful tactics!

seriously i am going to wait all the weekend for mr Hough 4-1-2-1-2 tactic this weekend as promised (i am not fun of this 4-1-2-3 tactic) :) go on mr Hough suprise us although for this year i am really disappointed due to the fact that all the really good tactics this year have no wingers which is bad as you can not work with some really good palyers (such us ribery and robben for example)

^ Hahaha, same here. I would wait all weekend just for the update. I'll pause my current save and wait for the new tactic. I think the tactic is really, really good because we don't get to use those expensive wingers.

Well you could try learn them another position (most likely to forwards) so you can use them as wide strikers, but it needs a bit of time, mainly if they can't play forwards at all.

Have done this with several players like Nani and it worked good as he had the right attributes (but for the wide strikers most of the really good wingers do have)

About 4-4-2 formation. I've got better results with first JP/Mr 4-1-2-3 tweaked tactic. I also implement:

Players roles:

* M/RL - Wide midfielder, attack

* FC/R - Target man, support

* FC/L - Deep lying forward, attack

Team instructions:

* Defensive line - two notches up

* Width - one notch up

Corner routine:

* FC/R - Attack far post

* FC/L - Attack ball from deep

* DC/R - Challenge keeper

* DC/L - Attack near post

edit: swithed striker roles, much more effective.

About 4-4-2 formation. I've got better results with first JP/Mr 4-1-2-3 tweaked tactic. I also implement:

Players roles:

* FC/R - Target man, attack

* FC/L - Deep lying forward, support

Team instructions:

* Width - one notch up

Corner routine:

* FC/R - Attack far post

upload please

sorry my English the google

night4mare,and what results did you get ? if it's good could you upload it ?
upload please

sorry my English the google

Without knowing Mr H, I would suggest that you await his permission before uploading tweaks of his tactic into his thread. Better then to use the pm function, both when when asking for the tactics and when providing them.

To Mr Hough or anyone with tactical FM knowledge... This tactic is v. good, but I do have a question.

I have a test game going on where I have limited AI to use only 1 tactic (4411 to be specific). Now if someone tells me it will make game easier... It's the opposite case actually. The AI using one tactic can find a way to exploit your tactic way faster then when rotating all tactics :p.

Mr H tactic works ok against it for 3 months then it struggles ;). I wonder if a counter tactic to 4411 can be made.

And no I don't want to win 100% of games. I would say 60-80% would be adequate here.

Without knowing Mr H, I would suggest that you await his permission before uploading tweaks of his tactic into his thread. Better then to use the pm function, both when when asking for the tactics and when providing them.

Agree with that, at least it's fair play.

p.s. tested with Bayern original team. Won Bundesliga and German Cup without loosing. Lost to Real Madrid in CL Final by 95 minute goal.

Players roles:

* FC/R - Target man, attack

* FC/L - Deep lying forward, support

Team instructions:

* Width - one notch up

Corner routine:

* FC/R - Attack far post

You could make your own thread about this tactic if you want, I don't mind at all just credit me for the tactic base

Mr Hough have you ever tried to play with zonal marking instead man marking ? I also did a season with juventus. Scored alot but conceded more than you did. I notice that alot of times opp players easily pass my defenders when they are really close to them. But still, not a bad season:

http://serv9.enterupload.com/i/00250/3ep2923uv6yt.jpg

I prefer man marking because the players marks the man instead of the zone, This can be tricky though if you have a slow defender who dosen't have good anticipation positioning marking and concetarion skills and the opposition has good off the ball flair anticipation decision making he will just find space time and time again so you have to look at other things like the defenders mentality and the closing down, These are the hardest things about a tactic for me to judge and try and get right.

Depends on how the opposition plays aswell because i think if the opposition plays a fast direct attacking play then man marking would be best suited for them, If the opposition play a controlled possession play where they move the ball from player to player zonal marking will be best because if your on man marking becuase you have a narrow midfield you will find that your players will get dragged out of position alot leaving gaps because they are going to mark the 'man', Now on the flip side if you had zonal marking they might have slightly more space but all the zones will be covered and it will be harder to break through the defence.

Anyone answer my question? :p

There is a way to counter all tactics you just have to find it!

Looking at the oppositions formation i would look at eliminating the man in the hole just below the striker as i'd see him at the man with the most threat like in real life he will link not just attack but also midfield too so if you can stop him from playing the your halfway there.

I'd use one of my tactics but change the DM's closing down to 1 notch above own area that way he will stay in the center and nulify that players movement on and off the ball.

There is alot of other things you could do aswell but i'll leave that to you to work out.

I played 11 league games with Arsenal, winning 9, drawing 1 and losing also 1. So far this latest tactic (24 May) of yours seems to do the trick just fine.

Still, you have exactly the same instructions for both central midfielders. There are early signs that make me think that this tactic may not get the best out of Fabregas in my game. His average rating is just average - 7.17. People in the Arsenal thread suggest playing him as an advanced playmaker with an attacking duty. Mr Hough, how did central midfielders perform in your test games? Would different CM settings make the tactic better? If yes, how would you change it?

Thanks! ;)

I played 11 league games with Arsenal, winning 9, drawing 1 and losing also 1. So far this latest tactic (24 May) of yours seems to do the trick just fine.

Still, you have exactly the same instructions for both central midfielders. There are early signs that make me think that this tactic may not get the best out of Fabregas in my game. His average rating is just average - 7.17. People in the Arsenal thread suggest playing him as an advanced playmaker with an attacking duty. Mr Hough, how did central midfielders perform in your test games? Would different CM settings make the tactic better? If yes, how would you change it?

Thanks! ;)

tick playmaker on team instructions then have one of the mc`s as the playmaker.

although player ratings i would personally anyway take with a pinch of salt as they are not a very good indication on how well/bad a player is playing mate better of going into the match analysis and checking the players stats there.

For an example of how bad player ratings are just check the match statistic`s of a player with a low rating and actually see how many pass attempts /completions etc he has.

A few times a player in my team might knock the ball into his own net after its been kicked at the back of his head after a goal mouth scramble and hes got a low rating

Actually check what hes done over the entire match and he could have played well up untill the 89th minute lol making 90% of his passes talking well and shooting on target.

Thanks! ;)

they have the settings the same because i want the both to do the same thing attack and defend close down play pass balls to strikers and so on.

With these settings i achieve that.

Fabergas is a great player you could play him in defence and he's still do ok, He will get better over time as he and the rest of your team get used to the tactic i wouldn't worry to much.