4-1-2-3 Ultimo Domination

I'm annoyed with the way this is going on my boro save after initialily hammering bolton i have lost all my next 5 games so working on a the defence even more.

I'm glad you said this because i am having major problems with this tactic. I was so cheesed i did a 25 game test with the original and then the same 25 with the amended one with my Boro side in our 1st premiership season.

Like you, the first game was great (2-0 vs Arsenal). They had a few more chances but it was ok because i had slightly more CCCs (4-3). After that it fell to pieces to much exasperation. A few of the lowlights were a 7-1 loss to Man City (25-11 shots and they created 9 CCCs), and a 6-1 Fa Cup loss to Wolves (more even but still...). I found i was being dominated at home by bad teams (Blackburn, Stoke, Wolves and embarrasingly to Shef Wed in the LC)

I use Bubba team talks to a large extent. From the TV pitch view it appears that if a team has a quick winger or just a decent winger your going to get hammered and get into a dangerous war of attrition whereby you have to score at least 4 to win. This is what happened against Man City - Robinho and Ireland destroyed me.

This tactic has obviously worked for alot of people but i think maybe it is for the top teams. As you say, it worked twice for you in different leagues but when you got promoted you struggled. Maybe if i had better fullbacks (hoyte and grounds still there) it would be better?

I appreciate you taking the time to do this tactic and all your work but it looks like i'm heading back to the drawing board.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi Mr Hough

I´m a brazilian player, and I was playing with Atletico Mineiro from Brazil..

my club was a 13ª colocation, but after I use your tactic, my team go to 2° position..

I´m very happy with my results.. my equip is..

------------------------Carini---------------------

Coelho-----Pedro Benitez----João Filipe-----Leandro

------------------------Tinga---------------------

---------Serginho Mineiro-----Andrade-------------

---Victor Simões-------Rivaldo----Diego Tardelli----

but I have one problem.. my defence gives more goals.. I have a bad defence.. my players are good, but the opponent scores a lot of goals with me..

why you suggestion with me?

sorry for my english!

Oh ta bom?! Sou Catarinese!!!

You may pull the Defensive line back to deeper...and watch any substituation that AI uses...

I'm glad you said this because i am having major problems with this tactic. I was so cheesed i did a 25 game test with the original and then the same 25 with the amended one with my Boro side in our 1st premiership season.

Like you, the first game was great (2-0 vs Arsenal). They had a few more chances but it was ok because i had slightly more CCCs (4-3). After that it fell to pieces to much exasperation. A few of the lowlights were a 7-1 loss to Man City (25-11 shots and they created 9 CCCs), and a 6-1 Fa Cup loss to Wolves (more even but still...). I found i was being dominated at home by bad teams (Blackburn, Stoke, Wolves and embarrasingly to Shef Wed in the LC)

I use Bubba team talks to a large extent. From the TV pitch view it appears that if a team has a quick winger or just a decent winger your going to get hammered and get into a dangerous war of attrition whereby you have to score at least 4 to win. This is what happened against Man City - Robinho and Ireland destroyed me.

This tactic has obviously worked for alot of people but i think maybe it is for the top teams. As you say, it worked twice for you in different leagues but when you got promoted you struggled. Maybe if i had better fullbacks (hoyte and grounds still there) it would be better?

I appreciate you taking the time to do this tactic and all your work but it looks like i'm heading back to the drawing board.

your right i've kinda hit a brick wall really annoying as hell.

My new version is a 4-2-3-1 with wingers and attacking mid player with 1 poacher striker.

still really early in development but this is what i'm working on now

Started a game with Tranmere.... been very exciting so far. First game i came from 3-0 down at half-time to draw 3-3 and i've been smashed to pieces by Leeds 5-1. Won every other game though. I love the tactic... having trouble finding suitable players for the 3 striker positions but thats due to having Michael Ricketts and no money :( haha

I've also got a network game with a couple of friends and I'm everton. Sitting 2nd in the league after 12 games. Which is just world class.

Mr Hough - which strikers did you have success with in league one... I imagine the middle of the FC's is a robbie keane / rooney type player?

your right i've kinda hit a brick wall really annoying as hell.

My new version is a 4-2-3-1 with wingers and attacking mid player with 1 poacher striker.

still really early in development but this is what i'm working on now

Great to hear mate, i'll be on the lookout for it.

Thanks for the response

Started a game with Tranmere.... been very exciting so far. First game i came from 3-0 down at half-time to draw 3-3 and i've been smashed to pieces by Leeds 5-1. Won every other game though. I love the tactic... having trouble finding suitable players for the 3 striker positions but thats due to having Michael Ricketts and no money :( haha

I've also got a network game with a couple of friends and I'm everton. Sitting 2nd in the league after 12 games. Which is just world class.

Mr Hough - which strikers did you have success with in league one... I imagine the middle of the FC's is a robbie keane / rooney type player?

in my huddersfield save i signed michael misfud on a free who has been a great signing and got 21 goals in 29 games so far also i signed daniel nardeilio i'd avoid him he hasn't been that prolific.

we already hd jordon rhodes and he's been great too.

You have to really get loan signings though when you have no money and in lower league i loaned in.

Ryan Donaldson and Jose Baxter donaldson has been ok but baxter has been very prolific and i'd recommend him.

Also Loaned in shelton mathis defender from west brom and he's been a rock.

Don't just get the first player that your ass man offers you though have a look for the players that are transfer listed cos more often that not these players are available to loan too.

Don't worry I dont take the assistant managers view on anything :) Got Fabian Brandy now as the poacher and he's been quite good. Will try and get Baxter...he won''t mind the short trip across to the Wirral.

I will get back to you with any feedback if I feel it'll help.

where i can change "retain possesion,stand off..." etc. i know it is a stupid question but i really dont know...

tnx

in the 'touchline instructions' it's next to tactics under the scoreline in the 3d match enigne.

still loving this tactic as it's working in france and ripping teams apart in europe. only problem i have with it is i'm still conseeding loads but my main wough(sp) is that my team really strugles agaisnt teams who play with 3 AMC's although i havn't been tight marking amc's as i don't see how i have enough players at the back to do that but ill try tight marking on amc's next time i come across a team that plays with them.

Mr Hough you say you use Bubbabaytuna team talks as i do but i keep getting messaged for how to change a players performance around when at half time he having a bad game. on Bubbabaytuna sticky thread he say's he does not know how to change it around. so what I'm wanting to know is what would you say do you sub the player of like he would, are would you say something and what would that be???

Mr Hough you say you use Bubbabaytuna team talks as i do but i keep getting messaged for how to change a players performance around when at half time he having a bad game. on Bubbabaytuna sticky thread he say's he does not know how to change it around. so what I'm wanting to know is what would you say do you sub the player of like he would, are would you say something and what would that be???

i'd just sub him off at half-time and tell the player coming that he can make a difference.

i'd just sub him off at half-time and tell the player coming that he can make a difference.

yeah will pass it on. i read you are tweaking your tactic yet again to make it tighter, what will this in-tail? eg;- tweaks

I'm making a tactic with wingers and at the minute my defence is rock solid it's hard to get the creativity side going though as i'm used to playing narrow through the middle tactics but i have to change that now with this one.

I'm considoring making a BETA of my ultima but with my new defence tweaks i haven't tried it yet though

Mr Hugh, as I told you before, I'm loosing the posession battle with this tactic in al games, sometimes I get 38% against very small teams. Anyway, I'm winning almost all, but is a gamble almost all the times. I would like to know if all of you are loosing possesion aswell, or is just something I'm doing wrong.

I'm scoring a lot, even with low posession.

thanks a lot!

I'm making a tactic with wingers and at the minute my defence is rock solid it's hard to get the creativity side going though as i'm used to playing narrow through the middle tactics but i have to change that now with this one.

I'm considoring making a BETA of my ultima but with my new defence tweaks i haven't tried it yet though

I simply cannot wait until this is fully released. Should be good.

When you thinking of releasing ?

Ah i'm a little disappointed that the new tactic will include wingers because i don't have any in my York team :( I have just been promoted to the Premiership and waiting for a better tactic defensively for my 1st season there.

I do have money though, so if you could recommend good wingers for a low premiership side in a PM Mr Hough, i would appreciate it. I have £18m to spend after selling a few players and now have to build a whole squad with that.

Ah i'm a little disappointed that the new tactic will include wingers because i don't have any in my York team :( I have just been promoted to the Premiership and waiting for a better tactic defensively for my 1st season there.

I do have money though, so if you could recommend good wingers for a low premiership side in a PM Mr Hough, i would appreciate it. I have £18m to spend after selling a few players and now have to build a whole squad with that.

I'm gonna make a 1.2 version of the Ultimo as well with my better defence tweaks so you can use that one.

not my winger formation this is a tricky one and i need time to get the consistancy right i don't just wanna release it for the sake of it.

I'm testing my ultimo with the better defence and that might be released tomorrow

Ok thanks for the update, i hope you release ultimo v2 tomorrow as i want to crack on with my York save :).

mr hough having great success with the old classic 4-1-2-1-2 that turned into a 4-1-2-3 in the other thread.

can any of the defensive tweaks you have made to the new one be used in that classic version??

yeah course when i release it just download the tactic and copy the defence over to the tactic you are using.

or you could just change it to classic

just won the league with my psg side. thanks again for the tactic. still lost a few games through out season most noticable where 3-0 humping by lyon where my left back got ripped apart and also getting beat by chelsea in europe where cech got two MOM's.

the team i had was

ochoa

makonda sakho otamendi corchia

makaelele

sessegnon chantome

hoarau dzeko l.traore

season 3 ill be lining up with

ochoa

makonda/?? sakho otamendi corchia

mossa sissoko

sessegnon chantome

hoarau/salvio dzeko gignac.

hopefully ill go far in the champs league.

I've had two seasons with my birmingham side using your tactic so thought i'd give an update.

1st Season

Finished 13th - i thought this was pretty good with consdering media expectation is to get relegated and the chairman wnats me to avoid relegation. Regarding the tactic, socred plenty of goals, but also conceded alot. I cant believe how many chances the opposition seem to create against me. At first i thought it was just because birmingham are so poor, but even against some of the weaker teams in the league (where you would think the tactic would overcome two teams with the same ability, such as hull or burnley) they still created a lot of chances, it was only becuse they have average strikers they didnt score.

didnt make too many signings - if it wasnt for having joe hart on loan i think my position in the league would have been more like relegation

2nd season

finished 8th - major ins and outs concerning transfers. best signings included welliton, sandro, diego renan, joe hart, burdisso, yttegard jensen. got rid of loads of players. so thinking the team would need at least a season if not more to gel a bit. respectable league position was required by the chairman and i think i have achieved this. regarding the tactic - same as first season, socred lots of goals, but the amount of chance the opposition created was unbelievable. i won a lot of games 2-1, but when looking at the match stats it was amazing that i was winning because of the amount of chance the opposition would created. regularly i would create 4 or 5 CCC's and have about 12-15 shots. but the oppostion (and it didnt seem to matter who the oppsotion was Man U or Bristol City (promoted)) would create just as many if not more.

I think the tactic is great and enjoy using it, but the defence side definitely needs tightening up. i think i might have a go at doing it pre-season, i thought one idea would be to reduce the playing mentality from overload to control. any comments would be appreciated on how to improve the defence?

Mr Hough - I read you are trying a tactic with wingers, i look forward to having a go with it. but i was wondering if you have any suggestions how to improve the defense for this tactic (ultimo v1.1 middlesboro)?

I've had two seasons with my birmingham side using your tactic so thought i'd give an update.

1st Season

Finished 13th - i thought this was pretty good with consdering media expectation is to get relegated and the chairman wnats me to avoid relegation. Regarding the tactic, socred plenty of goals, but also conceded alot. I cant believe how many chances the opposition seem to create against me. At first i thought it was just because birmingham are so poor, but even against some of the weaker teams in the league (where you would think the tactic would overcome two teams with the same ability, such as hull or burnley) they still created a lot of chances, it was only becuse they have average strikers they didnt score.

didnt make too many signings - if it wasnt for having joe hart on loan i think my position in the league would have been more like relegation

2nd season

finished 8th - major ins and outs concerning transfers. best signings included welliton, sandro, diego renan, joe hart, burdisso, yttegard jensen. got rid of loads of players. so thinking the team would need at least a season if not more to gel a bit. respectable league position was required by the chairman and i think i have achieved this. regarding the tactic - same as first season, socred lots of goals, but the amount of chance the opposition created was unbelievable. i won a lot of games 2-1, but when looking at the match stats it was amazing that i was winning because of the amount of chance the opposition would created. regularly i would create 4 or 5 CCC's and have about 12-15 shots. but the oppostion (and it didnt seem to matter who the oppsotion was Man U or Bristol City (promoted)) would create just as many if not more.

I think the tactic is great and enjoy using it, but the defence side definitely needs tightening up. i think i might have a go at doing it pre-season, i thought one idea would be to reduce the playing mentality from overload to control. any comments would be appreciated on how to improve the defence?

Mr Hough - I read you are trying a tactic with wingers, i look forward to having a go with it. but i was wondering if you have any suggestions how to improve the defense for this tactic (ultimo v1.1 middlesboro)?

I understand your concerns and it's something that needs to get addressed which i will be looking at tomorrow.

Try using the 'Shout' Pass to feet, My reasoning behind this is that i used it in a cup game against hartlepool i'm middlesbrough and straight away i scored then went on to score 4 more with all the ball passing nicely to the front man who slots it home.

My next game against wolves i do the same thing this time i use the shout at the start of the game instead of half-way through i win agaon this time 4-1 with the same scenario my players slidding the ball through to my attackers.

this might help with possession aswell as goal-scoring oppurtunities.

Defensive-wise, I would recommend to set the D-Line deeper. Often AI gets a few 1on1 vs my goalie however as soon as I change d-line. They don't have this chance...

However I always approach the game this way:

1) See the odds of me winning it, home or away

2) Set the game as Overload or counter

3) If close odds, or against me, or away tough games, set deeper D-Line, Slow tempo, high time wasting and COUNTER

4) Do teamtalk as written previously

5) Watch the game in 'Key', I used to do 'extended' but many top tactican told me 'Key' is enough.

6) Observe AI 's tactics changes and substituation! This point is the most important in fact!

Try using the 'Shout' Pass to feet, My reasoning behind this is that i used it in a cup game against hartlepool i'm middlesbrough and straight away i scored then went on to score 4 more with all the ball passing nicely to the front man who slots it home.

My next game against wolves i do the same thing this time i use the shout at the start of the game instead of half-way through i win agaon this time 4-1 with the same scenario my players slidding the ball through to my attackers.

this might help with possession aswell as goal-scoring oppurtunities.

is that for your latest beter defence version mr hough

Having used Mr Hough's 4-1-2-1-2 tactic to get my Notts Country side consecutive promotions from league 2 all the way to the prem (13th in the 1st season) I decided to switch to this tactic. The season started slow, picking up a few points only, but I stuck with the tactic and eventually entered the race for 5th spot. Somehow I ended up finishing 4th :)

Anyway I began the next season, having seriously strengthened my teams quality, but at the cost of having to sell lots of players to fund it and therefore having a small squad. I had noticed last season all too many times I had taken the lead, only to be pegged back quite quickly, so for the season I began the matches on Overload, but when I took the lead I switched to Control. So far this has seemed to work as im feeling a lot more secure about holding out in matches. Granted I've only played 5 games so far, but not one of these games I have lost a lead. Hopefully I might be on to something here, but more than likely im just getting lucky....

porra.. se vc é catarinense não precisa falar em ingles comigo heuaheuhuehuahe

traduz aí oq vc disse mano :p

Damais pessols falam so Ingles...

So I think better I write in English!

For shout, I would just follow Mr.H instruction, passing into space as after I tested it for a few games. I would score more with 'passing into space' than 'passing to feet'!

Besides, the middle striker hits the most goals. My Polschi scores 50 out of 45 games. Yes I know he is god! I paid only 6M for him!!!

If you don't have the money for such striker, however the middle striker is important and I feel that he must have very high:

Composure

Off the ball

Decent:

Pace

Acceleration

First touch

dribbling...

Having sold in the past seasons:

Tevez (20M)

Adebayor (20M)

Robinho (20M)

I used these mony on 6 new strikers, none of them costed me more than 6M plus a much lower salary and better fit to this tactics.

I just won the Opening Stage in Chile. Just some minor tweaks: deeper defensive line, slower tempo, playing with a deep lying playmaker and a more attacking advanced playmaker, a little more defensive fullbacks and using only pass to feet as I always do. Working good.

I didn't pass the group stage on Copa libertadores, but I did it a lot better against 2 lot bigger teams than Universidad Catolica (finished third in the group just because they scored more)

Let's see what happen in the Closing Stage and the next season on Copa Sudamericana and Copa Libertadores

I've struggled with the wide version but and it is a big but, I've made some significant changes to my ultimo.

The formation is the same but the play is extreamly wide with the left and right striker acting more like wingers and creating chances for the middle striker.

the passing is extreamly short to so to gung ho direct passing to nobody.

I'm testing it with tottenham this is my game i just played it's only a friedley but as you can see crouch scored 4 he's my middle strikerth_TottenhamTester.jpg

With the short passing to the players hold onto the ball as you can see the possession is back to where i want it to be.

I think i'm getting to where i wantthis tactic to be now and it's coming along very well i'll keep you updated on how it goes when i'm half-way through the season

Archived