The Career Information Request Thread

dafuge

Stockport: League History - Haven't won anything in game, last thing was the Cheshire County FA Senior Challenge Cup in 2001

Jim Gannon: Not in my game anymore

Stephen Gleeson: Not in my game anymore

Liam Dickinson: Player History, retired last season - now is a scout although no one has hired him yet

Tommy Rowe: Player History

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

No Paul Hayes active in my game at present but I'll keep an eye out fot him. ;)

Having seen that Tomas Rosicky has just been sacked as manager of Burnley in my game, I was wondering (for those of you who are a few seasons or more along in your career saves) which ex-players are now in management.

I'm now at the start of the 2019/20 season and the following familiar faces can now be seen in the dugout:

• Jamie Carragher is in the hotseat at Wolves.
  • Emile Heskey, after returning to his old clubs Leicester and Wigan as manager, is now the head coach at MLS side Houston - with Gary Neville as his ass man!
  • Juan Sebastian Veron is now the 'world class' manager of Boca Juniors.
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic may seem an unlikely candidate for a manager but his club is even more so - he's the boss at Club Brugge in Belgium.
  • Tuncay Sanli has returned to his roots and is now manager of Turkish giants Fenerbahce.
  • Mexico has attracted some former players with Ronaldinho now managing Monterrey and Roque Santa Cruz at Queretaro.
  • A few Aussie stars have returned home to take charge of A-League teams with Mark Viduka at Queensland Fury,Tim Cahill at Melbourne Victory and Hary Kewell at Gold Coast Utd.
  • A couple of Chinese players have set about establishing themselves as managers in the European game: Sun Jihai is the boss at Stoke and Li Tie is manager of Xerez after a successful term at Malaga.

The following have gone into international management:

• Didier Drogba is in charge of the Ivory Coast national side.
  • DeMarcus Beasly is the U.S.A. coach.
  • Yakubu is Nigeria manager.
  • Lucas Niell is coach of Australia.
  • Predictably and depressingly, Alan Shearer is manager of England, a job he has held for 7 years despite failing to qualify for the 2014 World Cup, a quarter final exit at Euro 2016 and a 2nd Round exit in the 2018 World Cup.

And spare a thought for those who have struggled to adapt to life as a manger:

• Aaron Hughes, despite winnig the FA Cup twice, fell victim to lack of success in Europe and was sacked as Liverpool manager.
  • Ryan Giggs is out of work after managing Charlton and San Jose Earthquakes.
  • Rio Ferdinand had a brief spell at Preston North End but only managed to get them relegated from the Championship before being sacked.

If I go into coaching staff there are many more but that would take for ever. A couple of interesting ones though: John Terry and Frank Lampard both saw out their careers at Chelsea before taking jobs as coaches in Spain (Terry is a youth coach at Sevilla and Lampard is a 1st team coach at Valencia!)

I've just started the 2025/26 season. Here are some managers at national and international level.

International

• Wayne Rooney - England (and one of my coaches, strangely enough he didn't quit when he got the England job)
  • Mark Hughes - Wales

National

• Louis Saha - West Ham (PL)
  • Rene Adler - Aston Villa (PL)
  • Alan Shearer - Blackburn (PL)
  • Sol Campbell - Everton (PL)
  • Joe Hart - Cardiff (CH)
  • Owen Hargreaves - Portsmouth (CH)
  • Stephen McPahil - Bohemians (Irish PL)
  • Rory Delap - Waterford Utd (Irish 1st)

I'm sure there are loads of others as staff too. I have Wayne Rooney as coach (and England manager) and David James as GK coach.

Some former Man Utd players

• Ryan Giggs - Great-looking unemployed AssMan. Fomer youth coach in Plymouth and Ipswich, and assman for Southampton
  • Paul Scholes - Coach, Stoke
  • Phil Neville - Assman, Sheff Utd (no trace of Gary)
  • Rio Ferdinand - 1st team coach, Fulham
  • van der Sar - GK coach, AC Milan
  • Johnny Evans - Youth coach, Liverpool ( :mad: ). He just retired aged 37, having played almost 500 league matches for Man Utd
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær - AssMan, Man Utd :)
  • Mame Biram Diouf - Youth coach, Raith
  • Darron Gibson - Coach, Raith
  • John O'Shea - Unemployed manager. Former youth coach in Celtic, assman in Notts County and manager in Cardiff
  • Michael Owen - Assman, Cardiff. Short spell as manager of Burnley
  • Wes Brown - 1st team coach, Tottenham
  • Darren Fletcher - Assman, Kilmarnock. He only played for Man Utd and retired aged 35

Best i got in 2020:

Prem

Krsimir Balakov - Arsenal manager

David Healy - Notts County

John Terry - Sunderland

Championship

Mikael Silvestre - Blackburn

Steven Gerrard - Pompy

Owen Hargreaves - Stockport

Ryan Nelson - Watford

Lge 1

Jermaine Defoe - Palace

Richard Wright - Luton

Andy Johnson - MK Dons

International

Dijibril Cisse - France :o

Oliver Kahn - Germany

In 2024 at the moment. Here are a few former big name players in management.

Argentina

Fernando Gago - Colon

Lucho Gonzalez - Huracan

Gabriel Heinze - Newells

Walter Samuel - San Lorenzo

Pablo Aimar - Velez

England

John Terry - Birmingham (PL)

Steven Gerrard - Southampton (PL)

Lassana Diarra - Stoke (PL)

Aaron Lennon - Sunderland (PL)

Joleon Lescott - West Ham (PL)

Matt Upson - Barnsley (CH)

Onyekachi Apam - Blackburn (CH)

John Panstil - Burnley (CH)

Stewart Downing - Coventry (CH)

Sol Campbell - Norwich (CH)

Gojko Kacar - Ipswich (L1)

Gareth Barry - Luton (L1)

Darren Bent - Swansea (L1)

Rest of the World

Henrik Larsson - Osasuna

Sergio Ramos - Sevilla

Wilson Palacios - Valencia

Tomas Rosicky - Hertha Berlin

Robert Di Matteo - Wolfsburg

Michael Owen - Fiorentina

Christiano Ronaldo - Porto

Jose Bosingwa - Benfica

Maicon - Vasco de Gama

• 4 months later...

I got Lukaku on a free from Anderlecht for Albacete in 2015. He then went to Man City the next season for £16.75m and promptly scored over 200 goals for them before retiriing in 2029 to take a youth coaching role at Catania.

Crouchy: no sign of Hayes yet in 2021.

Purefun: Lukaku joined West Ham in August 2015 on a bosman, played 183 in the league scoring 103 so far.

Saxonaitor: Norwich won League One in 2012/13, and have flirted with relegation in the Championship ever since. Matt Murray the ex-Wolves goalie is your manager. Tom Adeyemi is still there, making 477 league apps. Lowestoft got to the BSP for 2018/19, and in their first season back in the BSN they just finished 12th. Anthony Woodhouse (ex-North Shields player) is your manager.

Norwich City and Lowestoft please :)

Norwich have spent the last 50 or so years alternating between League 1 and the Championship. The last time they made an appearance in the Premier League was in 2032/33.

Lowestoft have never been playable in my game, so have no history.

SI were kind enough to offer me the chance to become a future regen due to the work I do for them in researching my team, St. Albans City, and generally getting involved in the Conference South research for the game. It's a great gesture.

The only disappointment is that I don't think I've been any good in anyone's game yet. :D

SI were kind enough to offer me the chance to become a future regen due to the work I do for them in researching my team, St. Albans City, and generally getting involved in the Conference South research for the game. It's a great gesture.

The only disappointment is that I don't think I've been any good in anyone's game yet. :D

Get me in or your dead to me ;)

Don't worry Flamers, that's pretty typical! :D

I have two minor ambitions in relation to this. In someone's save, somewhere in the world, I want to be good enough to play for England. And in someone else's save, I want to start out at St. Albans City and be good enough to have a long career with them, which shouldn't be unreasonable, you'd think! :p

I think it's totally random so surely somewhere in the world it could happen? Perhaps somewhere in the world, I'm a hero and worldwide superstar on someone's save? I don't even mind if it is unglamorous either, like a fullback or something! ;)

Norwich City and Lowestoft please :)

Norwich aren't doing very well in my save, they're currently in their fifth season in League 2, after being relegated from League 1 in 2012. They're top at the moment, so it looks like they could be heading back to the 3rd tier next season. Lowestoft aren't in a playable league, but they did make the FA Cup 1st round in 2014/15, where they were knocked out by MK Dons.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

Can anyone with England down to the BSB South loaded tell me about how a few St. Albans City players are turning out in your game. For research purposes. ;)

Peter Smith (left fullback).

Ben Martin (centre-back).

Solomon Shields (midfielder).

Ross Dedman (fullback/midfielder).

Inih Effiong (striker).

Rob Magwood (midfielder).

Thanks guys! :thup:

Hey guys.

Can anyone with England down to the BSB South loaded tell me about how a few St. Albans City players are turning out in your game. For research purposes. ;)

Peter Smith (left fullback).

Ben Martin (centre-back).

Solomon Shields (midfielder).

Ross Dedman (fullback/midfielder).

Inih Effiong (striker).

Rob Magwood (midfielder).

From my FM10 save, which is now at season 2043/44:

St. Albans League History - Not really going anywhere in the football world.

From the players mentioned, I could only find one. The others were there when I started my game (checked in Editor) but there's no trace of them now, so I guess they all retired. The one I did find was Peter Smith. He's been manager of Nostell Miners Welfare (currently in Northern League Div 1 (Tier 9)) since 1.1.2025.

Hey guys.

In 2016:

Peter Smith (left fullback). - moved on a free to Farnborough, still in the BSS.

Ben Martin (centre-back). - released by Southampton and picked up by non playable league Maidstone

Solomon Shields (midfielder). - released, picked up by non playable league Bedford

Ross Dedman (fullback/midfielder). - same as Solomon Shields.

Inih Effiong (striker). - released in 2014, retired

Rob Magwood (midfielder). - still at St Albans.

From my FM10 save, which is now at season 2043/44:

St. Albans League History - Not really going anywhere in the football world.

Sounds about right. :rolleyes::D

From the players mentioned, I could only find one.

Ah, that's mainly because a few of those mentioned were too young to be loaded in FM10.

The one I did find was Peter Smith. He's been manager of Nostell Miners Welfare (currently in Northern League Div 1 (Tier 9)) since 1.1.2025.

Nice. :D

Bit disappointed with his playing career though. Thought he would at least make it to the BSP at some point!

In 2016:

Thanks Dafuge. :thup:

Ben Martin (centre-back). - released by Southampton and picked up by non playable league Maidstone

Southampton! How did he end up there? What league were they in when he joined?

Solomon Shields (midfielder). - released, picked up by non playable league Bedford

Ross Dedman (fullback/midfielder). - same as Solomon Shields.

Hmmmn. Bit disappointing.

Rob Magwood (midfielder). - still at St Albans.

Is he doing well for them?

Seems to be a real problem with these Non-League players. I was hoping maybe one of them might have made the Football League but to see pretty much all of them have actually gone backwards is disappointing. :(

Archived