How many games does a player needs to play before getting a Premiership title medal?

Yeah because IIRC, Arsenal brought Keown on about 4 times at the end of the season in 2004 as a sub so he could get his winners medal. Dion Dublin never got a winners medal when he was at United for this very reason

It's 10 games to get a medal provided by the Premier League. The title winning club can have extra medals struck at their own expense, for whoever they believe should have one (From kit launderer to sub goalie), so long as they get the approval of the Premier League to do so.

27. The League Champions shall further receive 21 commemorative medals to be presented by

the Club to its Manager and to such of its Players and Officials as it thinks fit provided, in the

case of a Player, that he has that Season played in a minimum of 10 of its League Matches.

Additional medals may be presented with the consent of the Board.

link to the PDF of the Premier League Handbook containing the rule.

So it would be accurate if the game were to allow us to divvy out medals to players that don't meet the the ten game criteria, at a cost, if we think they deserve one. Or simply apply the 'X League Champions' achievement to their history.

Your managerial competition record? What does this have to do with the players themselves? Or am I missing something?

Look at the bio of your players. It will record whatever competitions the team they playing for had won...

14lukamodric.png

I won the League 1 title with Rotherham with about 5 games to spare, so I decided to check who hadn't played enough games to receieve a medal yet. So I checked my players' history to see who had the 'Coca Cola League One Champions' and who didn't.

From this I realised that all of my players bar one who had 13 league appearences or more had a title medal (i.e it said the League One Champions in his competitions history).

That one player was Ian Sharps who had started 12 games and had 1 sub appearence. I thought it may be that the game hadn't picked up on his sub appearence, even though another player had started 6 and had 7 subs, and yet he had the title win in his history.

So I started Sharps in my last 5 games to try and ensure he got a medal. He didn't. Which is annoying. Nearly half a year later it still isn't in his history, so obviously never will be. His other competition wins show up as normal, including his League 2 title win.

Can anyone please kindly tell me why this has happened (the League One title not showing in his history). It would be especially good if someone from SI could explain to me why.

Cheers.

Yeah because IIRC, Arsenal brought Keown on about 4 times at the end of the season in 2004 as a sub so he could get his winners medal. Dion Dublin never got a winners medal when he was at United for this very reason

i came in to cite this very idea :)

• 1 month later...

didnt ManU get one made for him or something ...i think i remember something he said ages ago in a interview sir alex told him he'd get one

I noticed the handing out of the champions league medal in the biography is bugged, if a player wasn't on the bench in the final then he won't have it in his biography.. even if he played in every other game.

here is an example

i won the champions league but Dzeko was injured for the 2 semi final legs and the final, but he still finished 2nd in the champions league in goals and played in 9 matches. However when i go to his biography he doesn't have a champions league medal

Dont they? Didnt Jose Mourinho throw his into the crowd a few times?

Actually you might be right. I was thinking Olympics (I know random but was reading a bit about Vancouver) and I'm pretty sure coaches of Olympic teams do not get medals.

does anyone know how many games you need for a champions league medal?

I ask because i won the champions league but Dzeko was injured for the 2 semi final legs and the final, but he still finished 2nd in the champions league in goals and played in 9 matches. However when i go to his biography he doesn't have a champions league trophy

Only players who are named for the finals matchday(1st XI plus subs) will be given a medal if your team wins.

Strange if you asked me as the whole 25 players should get a medal. :(

Only players who are named for the finals matchday(1st XI plus subs) will be given a medal if your team wins.

Strange if you asked me as the whole 25 players should get a medal. :(

yea, it's definitely messed up. Just because someone is injured for the final doesn't mean they shouldn't receive a medal.

I noticed the handing out of the champions league medal in the biography is bugged, if a player wasn't on the bench in the final then he won't have it in his biography.. even if he played in every other game.

here is an example

i won the champions league but Dzeko was injured for the 2 semi final legs and the final, but he still finished 2nd in the champions league in goals and played in 9 matches. However when i go to his biography he doesn't have a champions league medal

spot on !!!!! this has been doing my head in since i first played CM01/02... and they havent changed it

• 4 years later...

Just to bump a old thread with the same question, Flamini has been in my Arsenal squad for 4 seasons, I have won the league every season, the least amount of games he has played is 14, but most as sub every season, he has not won a single medal, so what is the rule?

• 1 year later...

Seems to me that this needs updating in the game - both to reflect the changing PL rules and to remove the bug that doesn't give your players medals if the appearances come after the league is won (in one particularly annoying/amusing example of this in a recent game I played a player who had been injured all season came back and played the next ten games in a row, in the tenth game he scored and we won the league but it doesn't show up in his achievements).

It would also be nice if 'request medal for squad player' was added as a board option when winning a trophy. In the same recent game, another player that had been out all season came back and captained the final six games before winning the league. It would be nice to be able to reward that.

Archived