• Complete Dominace 10.2
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Craggswfc Better Defence
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Ohanzee's Classic Tweak
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 The Hybrid/Joint Venture
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Elephant Stones Nike Defence

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Hough, do you have to use OI instructions on the original complete dominance for the patch 10.0 as well?

i just ask the assistant in the earlier patches i suppose you could try Tight marking on ML MR AMC AMR AML ST Closing Down Always on ML MR ACM AMR AML ST

Pos Inf Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D. Pts

1st C Fiorentina 38 32 5 1 82 16 +66 101 <------

2nd Juventus 38 24 10 4 85 29 +56 82

3rd Inter 38 24 6 8 75 35 +40 78

4th Palermo 38 22 8 8 65 38 +27 74

5th Udinese 38 21 7 10 68 40 +28 70

6th Genoa 38 20 9 9 69 40 +29 69

7th Catania 38 20 6 12 71 55 +16 66

8th Napoli 38 17 9 12 59 43 +16 60

9th A.C. Milan 38 15 9 14 48 59 -11 54

10th Atalanta 38 14 11 13 55 49 +6 53

11th Cagliari 38 14 9 15 45 57 -12 51

12th Roma 38 14 7 17 62 68 -6 49

13th Sampdoria 38 12 8 18 57 60 -3 44

14th Reggina 38 12 8 18 42 57 -15 44

15th Lecce 38 10 10 18 44 60 -16 40

16th Torino 38 10 9 19 34 57 -23 39

17th Taranto 38 9 8 21 37 77 -40 35

18th R Empoli 38 6 7 25 35 77 -42 25

19th R Siena 38 5 5 28 30 75 -45 20

20th R Brescia 38 1 5 32 19 90 -71 8

complete dominance 10.2 - fiorentina

Sébastien Frey

Guillermo Ochoa

Vedran Corluka

Mario Gorrotxategi <---- Legend

Breno

Ezequiel Muñoz

Sídnei

Rafinha

Sergiy Panchuk

Lourival

Juan Manuel Vargas

Etienne Capoue

Sandro

Riccardo Montolivo

Vidar Sunde

Fabian Delph

Marouane Fellaini

Yoann Gourcuff <----Scores for fun

Alessandro Rosina

Stevan Jovetic

Carlos Vela

Guilherme

Alberto Bueno

Khouma Babacar

Giampaolo Pazzini

PS. can someone tell me what AI- OI means please... ?? cheers

Wow. I nearly gave up on this game and thought I would give the jointventure tactic a go as one last chance to try and save my love of the game!

I'm so glad I did. Started a new game with Reading in the Championship and ended up completely dominating the league and winning the Championship. The record I had was:

P.46 W.32 D.7 L.7 F.116 A.55 GD.+61 PTS. 103

I would post a screenshot but if i'm totally honest I dont know how to do it.

This tactic is great though. Create loads of chances in games and defend solidly. Gonna try it in the Prem now.

Thanks!

In my 3rd season with Liverpool have really been struggling even with complete dominance 10.2 or the nike defence tweak, sure we were scoring goals but couldnt keep anything out and I my players were definately good enough so I made a few tweaks to just about every players instructions with regards to closing down and all defending players lowered their mentalities and took away a lot of creative freedom from my CBs and DMC.

I made these tweaks after starting the season winning 1 game from the first 5 in the league and losing my first group stage match in the CL.

The first game with these tweaks we won 3-2 over Blackburn away but were unlucky to concede the way we did. Since then we have played 21 games winning 19 and losing 2 times 1-0 away to chelsea and 4-3 away at Man City. My team has scored 68 and conceded 21 in the last 22 games.

Obviously a goal a game conceded is not what I am after so still need to look at the defence I think and my possesion seems to be very low in most games.

I might upload my tweaked version of complete dominance later if anybody is interested.

This save game is the first time the tactic hasnt really worked for me on 10.2 previously it was just as good for me as most other people in this thread.

Stumbled upon this thread and it has really made me worry about the match engine.

I had a formation with wingers (similar to the one that Cleon created) and I basically moved both wingers centrally. One into a striker (basically to be a poacher) and the other behind the strikers.

The formation has all the defensive qualities of Cleons tactic but the attacking power of this dominance tactic(s).

The thing that worries me is that the entire tactic was largely unsuccessful with wingers (and my wingers are good) yet with just these 2 changes, my side is suddenly performing better than expected.

It seems my AMC amd MCa just dominate possession but also find themselve in acres of space, time and time again.

Is there an issue with the ME when it comes to these kind of centralised tactics?

Makes me wonder!

In my 3rd season with Liverpool have really been struggling even with complete dominance 10.2 or the nike defence tweak, sure we were scoring goals but couldnt keep anything out and I my players were definately good enough so I made a few tweaks to just about every players instructions with regards to closing down and all defending players lowered their mentalities and took away a lot of creative freedom from my CBs and DMC.

I made these tweaks after starting the season winning 1 game from the first 5 in the league and losing my first group stage match in the CL.

The first game with these tweaks we won 3-2 over Blackburn away but were unlucky to concede the way we did. Since then we have played 21 games winning 19 and losing 2 times 1-0 away to chelsea and 4-3 away at Man City. My team has scored 68 and conceded 21 in the last 22 games.

Obviously a goal a game conceded is not what I am after so still need to look at the defence I think and my possesion seems to be very low in most games.

I might upload my tweaked version of complete dominance later if anybody is interested.

This save game is the first time the tactic hasnt really worked for me on 10.2 previously it was just as good for me as most other people in this thread.

yeah up load it pal

yeah up load it pal

Will do need to get on my laptop with FM on it first.

Have conceded 31 goals in 36 games so far with the tweaks and scored 117 :D

Been using bubbabaytuna team talk advice at half time and letting my Assman with 20 motivation do the pre match

Will upload it soon ;)

Edit: ok then here is my tweak of this tactic still conceding a few but most have been from 1 of 3 reasons

1: Long Shots

2: own goals

and 3: set pieces

http://www.filefront.com/15396751/Complete%20Dominance%2010.2%20mano%20%28Liverpool%2C%20Jun%202012%29.tac

and a screenie to show goals for and against for the year and who were my best players.

LukeManion.png

and the league table

EnglishPremierDivision2.png

Defence is still leaky with my Liverpool team also bubbabaytuna advice on team talks is great.

First of all i'd like to take my hat of to you and your tactic. I think out of all the many years i've been playing CM then after the split FM, a good 10-12 years, this is the best tactic i have had the pleasure of playing. Wether created by me and my mates pre-mass internet days or since internet everywhere days and i've had a lot more to select from. I would however like to ask a favour, in return i shall post my season scores etc to show you just how good this can be with good man management and team selection. We're talking 6/7 goals in away matches more than often.

Anyway; the one thing is i sometimes conceed late goals; perhaps this is being picky as they are generally goals away to Arsenal when i have already won 5-0 and they slit in a goal, or other such examples. It does however happen at home sometimes and you worry it could be a problem. So i've been trying to develop a close up tactic to snuff out these later goals that could end up being crucial, or at least limit them more. However i seem to make the situation worse, and trust me i've tried a lot.

Do you yourself have a last ten minutes type tactic? I don't believe in completely shutting up shop as that's just asking for it, and from what i have seen of your posts and your tactic you may feel the same. So, any suggestions? Or any already made tactics etc. Or simply ways i could tweak yours for the last ten minutes without sitting back so much i am begging to be scored against.

Already forever in your debt for such an amazing tactic; i can simply say thank you in advance for any help. Once again congratulations on the tactic, it's really something, and as i said i've really been about CM-FM wise.

First of all i'd like to take my hat of to you and your tactic. I think out of all the many years i've been playing CM then after the split FM, a good 10-12 years, this is the best tactic i have had the pleasure of playing. Wether created by me and my mates pre-mass internet days or since internet everywhere days and i've had a lot more to select from. I would however like to ask a favour, in return i shall post my season scores etc to show you just how good this can be with good man management and team selection. We're talking 6/7 goals in away matches more than often.

Anyway; the one thing is i sometimes conceed late goals; perhaps this is being picky as they are generally goals away to Arsenal when i have already won 5-0 and they slit in a goal, or other such examples. It does however happen at home sometimes and you worry it could be a problem. So i've been trying to develop a close up tactic to snuff out these later goals that could end up being crucial, or at least limit them more. However i seem to make the situation worse, and trust me i've tried a lot.

Do you yourself have a last ten minutes type tactic? I don't believe in completely shutting up shop as that's just asking for it, and from what i have seen of your posts and your tactic you may feel the same. So, any suggestions? Or any already made tactics etc. Or simply ways i could tweak yours for the last ten minutes without sitting back so much i am begging to be scored against.

Already forever in your debt for such an amazing tactic; i can simply say thank you in advance for any help. Once again congratulations on the tactic, it's really something, and as i said i've really been about CM-FM wise.

Wow thanks for your comments and if i can help in anyway i'd be delighted to.

I need to know what version you are using first though then i can advise

I'm playing a friend online. He is Peterbrough and I am Scunthorpe. His first action on the game was to steal Gary Hooper from me with a pitiful board-sanctioned bid. He finished 8th in the first season, me 18th. At the end of the second season he has just gained automatic promotion in 2nd, I languished in 13th position. With the money gained form promotion he signed Jonjo Shelvey from me in another sneak-attack, for an amount I would never accept. I had only managed to bring Shelvey to the club six months prior. He is now in the process of doing the same with my 30 goal striker Leigh Griffiths.

He uses your tactic with much success. Please do you have an anti-complete dominance tactic that I can usurp him with?

Just a quick comment on OIs.

I NEVER use Close Down Always on AMC, or MC. I find that this often leads to a DC closing down the midfielder too aggresively and opening up a huge gap in the back line. This often leads to the following sequence: penetrating run throuhg gaping channel into the box - through ball -Clear Cut Chance - GOAL!

I'm playing a friend online. He is Peterbrough and I am Scunthorpe. His first action on the game was to steal Gary Hooper from me with a pitiful board-sanctioned bid. He finished 8th in the first season, me 18th. At the end of the second season he has just gained automatic promotion in 2nd, I languished in 13th position. With the money gained form promotion he signed Jonjo Shelvey from me in another sneak-attack, for an amount I would never accept. I had only managed to bring Shelvey to the club six months prior. He is now in the process of doing the same with my 30 goal striker Leigh Griffiths.

He uses your tactic with much success. Please do you have an anti-complete dominance tactic that I can usurp him with?

oh binho. you will never stop me.

i tried 10.2 dominance tactic with chelsea ( but my game was 10.1 patch ) . i won premiership and champions league and fa cup.it was fantastic season for me.but now i downloaded 10.2 patch and i start a new carreer with chelsea.And i lost 4-0 to man.utd in community shield match.I also tried it with Redburg Salzburg and Roma but results were not good.I tried to do all instructions but i didn't know what i did wrong ? Now i'm trying your Ultimo Domination tactic.Thanks for these tactics by the way..

Will do need to get on my laptop with FM on it first.

Have conceded 31 goals in 36 games so far with the tweaks and scored 117 :D

Been using bubbabaytuna team talk advice at half time and letting my Assman with 20 motivation do the pre match

Will upload it soon ;)

Edit: ok then here is my tweak of this tactic still conceding a few but most have been from 1 of 3 reasons

1: Long Shots

2: own goals

and 3: set pieces

http://www.filefront.com/15396751/Complete%20Dominance%2010.2%20mano%20%28Liverpool%2C%20Jun%202012%29.tac

and a screenie to show goals for and against for the year and who were my best players.

LukeManion.png

and the league table

EnglishPremierDivision2.png

Defence is still leaky with my Liverpool team also bubbabaytuna advice on team talks is great.

cheers fella

i face a problem with tactics.not only with this one, by using all of them.

for example, i am very succesful with this tactic in my first season, but in the second season i screw all the games.

but when i change my team i am succesful again in the first season, then in the second season same things happen.

Great tactic, but the amount of CCC chances you create just make the computers blatant cheating even more bias. Most the time I create 2/3 the number of CCC but will still end up drawing or losing more than is plausibly fair, especially in contrast to the games I get points from when being outplayed.

i used the jointventuretweak tactic for 2/3 of a season in the prem with newcastle and got great results but then all of a sudden i started getting beat most of the time so changed to 10.2 version with better defence. now in 2 seasons i have won the uefa cup twice, the fa cup twice and the super cup and also the charity shield twice. making me the most sucessful newcastle manager in history.

p.s

just won the league even though i was an 150-1 outsider

Wow thanks for your comments and if i can help in anyway i'd be delighted to.

I need to know what version you are using first though then i can advise

Incredible, i just won the quadruple with Chelsea using your Complete Dominace 10.2. I managed to sign Aguero, Tomas Necid and Zuculini before the transfer embargo and am about to start my new season. Quadruple in first season, Didier scored 36 goals, the team itself 125 and only conceded 20 or so. Honestly your tactic is well, i can't put into words how great this has been; you know what i mean. And no need to thank me for my words, the tactic is more than enough. You could have kept it all to yourself

So is there anything you can suggest for tightening up the back to stop those late goals, they almost made me lose the Champions League final but luckily my sub Cole got a goal on 88 mins after Real Madrid had equalized after my early goal at about 20 mins on 80 mins. As you can imagine it was heart thumping stuff. The lucky sods (Madrid that is) got to pla it at the Berabeau as it was the stadium due to be played at, making it so much sweeter. (If this job is this bad on a computer, i am surprised any football managers have any hair left or are alive after five years at the job, winning or not).

Losing one goal late on to Madrid at their home stadium isn't the ones i am worried about, or when i beat Arsenal 3-4 away from home etc. It's the sloppy ones i shouldn't which could lead to that all too common too many draws syndrome. At home to a lower league team or away etc. Luckily most of the time i have scored 3-4 goals so it doesn't really matter, but for a perfectionist and also you don't always score 3-4 goals it could all lead to being pipped at the post.

Also, what would you suggest about groundsman suggestions, i have so far just left them the same as i want to keep what the players are used to. I presume i should maybe lengthen it and shorten the width? I really don't know though.

If you want i can post all the stats showing just how well my team did. Most of it was down to your tactics no doubt. However i think my complete overhaul of the managment staff, scouting, physios etc and man management did play a part too. I noticed when i slacked a bit with my man management i almost blew it. However like i said, i have to give you the lion's share of the credit :thup: .

Hi all...

I'm using the Elephant Stone defence tactic with my newly promoted Nottingham Forest team, but I keep getting absolutely raped by teams like Arsenal when I try to follow the recommended shouts and OIs as outlined in the opening post.

I seem to have more 'success' (read: 1-0 loss instead of 5-1) when I change from 'overload' to 'counter' and tackle everyone hard, with no specific instructions on closing down or tight marking.

Any idea what might be going wrong for me? My players aren't the /best/ having been promoted from the CCC, but they should be good enough?

Hi all...

I'm using the Elephant Stone defence tactic with my newly promoted Nottingham Forest team, but I keep getting absolutely raped by teams like Arsenal when I try to follow the recommended shouts and OIs as outlined in the opening post.

I seem to have more 'success' (read: 1-0 loss instead of 5-1) when I change from 'overload' to 'counter' and tackle everyone hard, with no specific instructions on closing down or tight marking.

Any idea what might be going wrong for me? My players aren't the /best/ having been promoted from the CCC, but they should be good enough?

don't worry about teams like arsenal they will be coming to your ground expecting to win and you can surprise them with this tactic.

Worry about the teams around you try and identify where you need to stregthen most in your team and concentrate on that loan signings will help alot.

Have a look of the player sub forum i have found some beauties on there mate.

good luck and try and stay positive you won't win the league but try and aim realistic like 12th above.

don't worry about teams like arsenal they will be coming to your ground expecting to win and you can surprise them with this tactic.

Worry about the teams around you try and identify where you need to stregthen most in your team and concentrate on that loan signings will help alot.

Have a look of the player sub forum i have found some beauties on there mate.

good luck and try and stay positive you won't win the league but try and aim realistic like 12th above.

Thanks mate - I just want to avoid relegation at this stage!

I'll see what I can do to strengthen my defence, but do I need to use the OI as set out in the opening post? What about my idea for setting the mentality to counter, or does the tactic need to be kept at overload?

Trying to work out what the best tweaks would be to fix my defence... :/ Right now when I tight mark / close down Eduardo, Rooney, Doyle, whoever - they just run over the top of me!

Yeah i have noticed this aswell especilly against weak defences, Don't use the OI's for a few games see how your team plays you'll proberly find that they stay in position more.

change the mentality to counter or defensive the tactic is still attacking no matter just it will be you that 'damn we have lost the ball lets get back into formation' mentality where as overload as you would expect is quite gung ho.

have a look at using Bubba Bay Tuna's team talk's aswell if you don'y use any they are really good here is a link http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=182360

Good luck and if you need any help let me know

This tactic is the shizzle! Can't believe how good its got my Notts County team playing... even against Chelsea at the Bridge in the Cup... I mean we did lose 3-0 but still... with a League Two team against those millionaires it was a great effort, particularly considering Sheff Utd got a 7-0 spanking by the Blues in the previous round...

Great work mate, you've brought back my addiction to FM. Loving it.

As an aside what are the attributes you look for in your corner takers and free-kick takers, most of my guys are pretty rubbish but I want the least rubbish ones taking set-pieces...

This tactic is the shizzle! Can't believe how good its got my Notts County team playing... even against Chelsea at the Bridge in the Cup... I mean we did lose 3-0 but still... with a League Two team against those millionaires it was a great effort, particularly considering Sheff Utd got a 7-0 spanking by the Blues in the previous round...

Great work mate, you've brought back my addiction to FM. Loving it.

As an aside what are the attributes you look for in your corner takers and free-kick takers, most of my guys are pretty rubbish but I want the least rubbish ones taking set-pieces...

For Corners i'd have left footed players taking right sides kicks and visa versa, When looking for corner takers look at these attributtes Corners Technique.

And the same with the Free kicks but obviusly change it from corners to free kick ability.

Thanks for your compliment on the tactics aswell

Hey Mr Hough,

Just wondering, the link in the OP for the Elephant's Stones Nike defence is correct? I seem to get a tactic that's called joinventuretweak instead... is that the right one?

Also if you guys have any suggestions for a striker who does well with this tactic in league 1 (I'm Notts County in season two) that'd be great coz at the moment I'm dominating but struggling to actually finish teams off.

Cheers,

Ed

Hey Mr Hough,

Just wondering, the link in the OP for the Elephant's Stones Nike defence is correct? I seem to get a tactic that's called joinventuretweak instead... is that the right one?

Also if you guys have any suggestions for a striker who does well with this tactic in league 1 (I'm Notts County in season two) that'd be great coz at the moment I'm dominating but struggling to actually finish teams off.

Cheers,

Ed

yeah that is the right tactic,

If your still in the transfer window try and get in loan signings like, macheda and other premier teams young stars.

Don't forget if you see a player on the transfer list and can't afford him more than likely he will be available on a loan deal.

Lovely tactic mate! Started a new game with Pro Vercelli (serie C2 in Italy) the other night, decided to use your tactic and to finally pay attention to babas post about team talks.

Worked out wonderful. Used to classic v2 one, cant be bothered with yelling during the game etc.

The league was very even right until the last game where I played Pavia and won 1-0 away.

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1290/winpic1u.png

Didnt make any major signings, a few loans to even my troop out.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/986/winpic2.png

media prediction: 6th

game version: 10.2

no genie/fmrte used.

Overall, wonderful job mate!

Loving the 'Complete Dominace 10.2 Elephant Stones Nike Defence' tactic. I've kept 7 clean sheets in a row with QPR and dominating every game. But can I ask why have you gone back to arrows and why aren't there any touchline shouts?

No shouts due to it being tweaked in Classic Mode...

It completly depends on which patch you are using read through the opening post and that will help you decide

Hi Mr Hough, could u recommend me a version to try, there are so many, and lots of success reported.

my team is a bit 'soft' in the middle, lacking a combative midfield type, rather i have a team of creative players. not sure which tactic to use. Also, i have Targetman type strikers to team up with advanced forwards. Which tactic would best suit them.

My best 11

GK Asenjo

DR Rafinha

DL Juan Vargas

DC Gerald Pique

DC Phil Jagleika

DMC Veloso

MC Felipe Melo

MC Joao Moutinho

AMC Aguero

ST Adriano

ST Forlan

Hi Mr Hough, could u recommend me a version to try, there are so many, and lots of success reported.

my team is a bit 'soft' in the middle, lacking a combative midfield type, rather i have a team of creative players. not sure which tactic to use. Also, i have Targetman type strikers to team up with advanced forwards. Which tactic would best suit them.

My best 11

GK Asenjo

DR Rafinha

DL Juan Vargas

DC Gerald Pique

DC Phil Jagleika

DMC Veloso

MC Felipe Melo

MC Joao Moutinho

AMC Aguero

ST Adriano

ST Forlan

like i said it depends on what patch you are using, I'm gonna have a guess and think that you are using the 10.2 patch.

The best tactics i have made are proberly this and the ultimo, Try the Elephant Stone tactic which can be found here, http://www.sendspace.com/file/tzy7hu

This is the Link to the Ultimo aswell, Here is the Link to the Thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=182979&page=10

Read Post 904 on Page 10 for thr latest Version

hey im playing the orignal 10.2 formation with arsenal, and i was just wondering how to get the best out of fabregas. should i set him to playmaker or forward runs etc?

Also the same with my frontline line i play van persie and eduardo, should i change their player instructions too?

thanks

Amazing tactic series, here is my league history with Fleetwood :

divisionoversigt.jpg

Totally dominating.

However, it is not just about setting the tactic, the players also have to fit the tactic (atleasst to a degree), and there is a dire need to change out players asap when possible in the lower leagues to better ones.

I f.x. got Harewood in the 2nd season (free transfer) which explain the 60+ goals on he scored in average every season.

Archived