• Complete Dominace 10.2
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Craggswfc Better Defence
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Ohanzee's Classic Tweak
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 The Hybrid/Joint Venture
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Elephant Stones Nike Defence

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I dont get this 3rd forward. Can you please send me a link with this tactic please mate. PLEASE
Mate, a link isn't necessary. All you do is move the AMC to ST in between the 2 other ST's.

Don't change any settings that's it.

It's as simple as as Gee S says, mate. Just take the Joint Venture (or Joint Venture tweaked) tactic and move the AMC forward so he's the central of 3 strikers.

My Northern Ireland Revalution Carries On With My First Full Season Test Of Joint Venture (3 Upfront).

brantwoodleague.th.jpg

Was predicted to finish bottom, Won the league with the most goals ever scored. Better team next season so i'm confident of taking another league just need to try and make an "imprint" in Europe so i have a cash flow. Hopefully this season we will have more than 6 season ticket holders aswell.

this is what you do look at the screens and follow the instructions on there.

Before

th_Before.jpg

After

th_After.jpg

What i've done aswell is move the D-Line one notch right of middle and set all players on easy tackling.

I'm using elephant stones teaked tactic too

If you got the chance of reloading and play that game again with the 3 upfront (I recomend the Elephants stone version), I'm certain you would get a different result!

Yes, but I only like using Formations the AI uses.... :D

this is what you do look at the screens and follow the instructions on there.

Before

th_Before.jpg

After

th_After.jpg

What i've done aswell is move the D-Line one notch right of middle and set all players on easy tackling.

I'm using elephant stones teaked tactic too

Hey Mr Hough dyu think that the 3 striker formation now will work with the lower league teams 1.2 Blue Square Premier League teams. Please what adjustments might I have to make concerning their creativity also .Thanks for helping.

Just another update on my York save. Well going into my 3rd season (League 1) i was being realistic about my chances, i though a mid table finish would be great. Although i had won back to back promotions using 10.2 complete dominance i didn't think i would have the quality to win League 1. With this in mind in chose the joint venture tactic for this season.

I started off well with a 3-1 win against Hartlepool (H) and a 4-0 win against Brentford (H) but then lost the next 4-5 against Barnsley (A).

I felt that i was conceding too many in away games so went back to the complete dominance for a few but that didn't help so i stuck with the joint venture tactic until elephant stones tactic was released. I was impressed with his defensive record in matches so i decided to give it a go. I noticed i wasn't conceding as many but still was losing away from home. I was just outside the playoffs around 20 games in and i went down to 13th for a few games. I noticed after my team was blending well together (around 30 game mark) results improved massively (happened with complete dominance too). I went on a 16 match unbeaten run after that and got to the 6th round of the FA Cup lost 0-4 to Arsenal though but obviously expected. I went back to the old OI method in the OP instead of asking my Assistant to do them for me.

So after thinking a mid-table finish would be great, i was in 2nd place! with 2 games left. I lost 1-3 away to Preston but leaders Bristol Rovers only managed a draw with Exeter. So i knew on the last day a win for me would secure an automatic promotion place in 2nd. I was relying on my good Home form to get me through the game and it did, a 3-0 win against Stockport.

The best bit was that i had forgotten about Bristol Rovers and i remembered that they were only 2 points ahead on the last game and they had a tough one at home to Preston. I checked the results and they had lost 0-1! I was delighted, that made it 3 back to back promotions and 3 league titles to go with it. My job status with the club is now untouchable and its all thanks to you Mr Hough, this is the best tactic i have ever tried and it has put the fun back into FM again.

I think its going to be very tough in the Championship next year and even with this super tactic i think i'll be fighting to stay up as my team is no where near as good as the teams in that league, plus i have no money to spend so every year i have been relying on 4 loan signings to help me.

I have just received the dream job offer from Man Utd (being a Utd fan) but i'm going to turn it down as i really want to take York to EPL success in the future.

Here is the league 1 Table (I didn't mention that i had a media prediction of 24th!)

lg1.jpg

Here is my team (As you can see i'm short on quality in almost every area so have to rely on my loan signings every year, they have returned to their clubs in this pic, 2 first choice CB's and a first choice AMC & ST.)

Yorksquad.jpg

I think next year i will try your tweak to the defensive line Mr Hough as i did notice my defence were getting beaten from long balls too easily and they aren't the fastest so it will probably help. I may try the 3 strikers tweak too.

Sorry for such a long post but this has been one of my favourite ever FM saves so i felt the need to give you an update on it and its all down to your great tactic mate, well done.

Just another update on my York save. Well going into my 3rd season (League 1) i was being realistic about my chances, i though a mid table finish would be great. Although i had won back to back promotions using 10.2 complete dominance i didn't think i would have the quality to win League 1. With this in mind in chose the joint venture tactic for this season.

I started off well with a 3-1 win against Hartlepool (H) and a 4-0 win against Brentford (H) but then lost the next 4-5 against Barnsley (A).

I felt that i was conceding too many in away games so went back to the complete dominance for a few but that didn't help so i stuck with the joint venture tactic until elephant stones tactic was released. I was impressed with his defensive record in matches so i decided to give it a go. I noticed i wasn't conceding as many but still was losing away from home. I was just outside the playoffs around 20 games in and i went down to 13th for a few games. I noticed after my team was blending well together (around 30 game mark) results improved massively (happened with complete dominance too). I went on a 16 match unbeaten run after that and got to the 6th round of the FA Cup lost 0-4 to Arsenal though but obviously expected. I went back to the old OI method in the OP instead of asking my Assistant to do them for me.

So after thinking a mid-table finish would be great, i was in 2nd place! with 2 games left. I lost 1-3 away to Preston but leaders Bristol Rovers only managed a draw with Exeter. So i knew on the last day a win for me would secure an automatic promotion place in 2nd. I was relying on my good Home form to get me through the game and it did, a 3-0 win against Stockport.

The best bit was that i had forgotten about Bristol Rovers and i remembered that they were only 2 points ahead on the last game and they had a tough one at home to Preston. I checked the results and they had lost 0-1! I was delighted, that made it 3 back to back promotions and 3 league titles to go with it. My job status with the club is now untouchable and its all thanks to you Mr Hough, this is the best tactic i have ever tried and it has put the fun back into FM again.

I think its going to be very tough in the Championship next year and even with this super tactic i think i'll be fighting to stay up as my team is no where near as good as the teams in that league, plus i have no money to spend so every year i have been relying on 4 loan signings to help me.

I have just received the dream job offer from Man Utd (being a Utd fan) but i'm going to turn it down as i really want to take York to EPL success in the future.

Here is the league 1 Table (I didn't mention that i had a media prediction of 24th!)

lg1.jpg

Here is my team (As you can see i'm short on quality in almost every area so have to rely on my loan signings every year, they have returned to their clubs in this pic, 2 first choice CB's and a first choice AMC & ST.)

Yorksquad.jpg

I think next year i will try your tweak to the defensive line Mr Hough as i did notice my defence were getting beaten from long balls too easily and they aren't the fastest so it will probably help. I may try the 3 strikers tweak too.

Sorry for such a long post but this has been one of my favourite ever FM saves so i felt the need to give you an update on it and its all down to your great tactic mate, well done.

I'm glad your enjoying GEE, and it's great to see people having success with lower league teams.

Best of luck in the championship mate

Keep us posted

Hey Mr Hough dyu think that the 3 striker formation now will work with the lower league teams 1.2 Blue Square Premier League teams. Please what adjustments might I have to make concerning their creativity also .Thanks for helping.

possibly yeha i'd make the D-line tweak as you might find yourself vunrable to long balls over the top but i don't see any reason why it won't work.

Keep us posted

Well done, at least you play the game in a realistic and hard way. I'm simply no patient enough!!! I must have the mourinho like fast success!

haha.

I play the game really seriously :p, I do all the Press Conferences and everything :thup:

Oh dear.

Not sure what I am doing wrong..... is it just a plug and play tactic or am I missing something???

My friendlies I battered the opposition but in the league against the 'better teams' its not working!

I reallly like the look of 10.1 version on other thread - that worked for me.

Anyone have any suggestions? - I have a cracking team and in L1 (PS IAM SOUTHAMPTON)

:rolleyes:

This is a really great tactic mate. Congrats. Currently 2nd in Championship in my 4th season with Charlton. I was playing before with the same formation, but different instructions that gave me good results and the promotion from League One, but this tactic is simply brilliant

Fixtures:

charltonfixtures.jpg

Team:

charltontactic.jpg

Thank you very much for this. KUTGW!

Just wondering Mr Hough considering how much of a genious you are with your tactics, whats the chance of you making another 442 stylish tactic as really want a decent tactic where i can use wingers.

it's unlikly i'm afraid i couldn't get any real consistancy when i atempted it before i'm gonna enjoy the game now till patch 3 comes out then i'll have another go at making a winger tactic

Mr Hough, thanks for the Tactic, but you need to release a new version, a one that has a really solid defence, I constantley leak goals, no matter what opponent.......

i have been using the latest one with the DL one above normal, and everybody on easy tackling and tight marking with the 3 upfront, only played 3 games with it but won 3-0 3-0 3-1. you could try that?

Yet another example of the ME's finest using this tactic. Sort out 10.3 pronto SI, this is a disgrace. Mr Hough, you're a shining beacon in the sea of drivel (the ME) that SI kindly charge us £30 for every year... I wish I could stop lining their pockets, it's just that its so frickin' addictive! ;)

disgrace.jpg

Mr Hough, thanks for the Tactic, but you need to release a new version, a one that has a really solid defence, I constantley leak goals, no matter what opponent.......

Have you tried Elephant Stone's Nike Defence tweak?

Have you tried Elephant Stone's Nike Defence tweak?

I find the problem with either the hybrid or elephant stone tactic is not the defensive play, I played one season as Arsenal under both and had similar defensive results... I can quite easily go on 10 clean sheet runs with either. The problem comes every few months when the AI decides its time for my team to lose and i get a 4-5 game period where I'll miss every CCC going and concede about 10-15 goals.

That's where my defensive problems lie. It's not to do with the tactic, its to do with the appalling design of the match engine.

i have been using the latest one with the DL one above normal, and everybody on easy tackling and tight marking with the 3 upfront, only played 3 games with it but won 3-0 3-0 3-1. you could try that?

I play your version, with no strikers....

here is my results.

i started using the recent tweaks i posted in the fiorentina game where i won 3-1. works really well.

tweaks:

DL one above normal

Easy tackling on everyone

tight marking

3 upfront

fixtures1.jpg

everyone on Tight Marking....

Just wondering Mr Hough considering how much of a genious you are with your tactics, whats the chance of you making another 442 stylish tactic as really want a decent tactic where i can use wingers.

wingers are ineffective to quote themistofelis on poor rate conversion/superkeeper post 18

I have spent (almost) the entire weekend playing FM and at start i had the same problems with you , then it came the enlightenment !

First of all forget everything about wide players and wide formations , play 100% narrow (yes this is a repeat from "centralised tactics" fm00/01 ).

Forget everything about defending , 4 flat back with speed are all you want , you can set your full backs on defend but your back will be open anyway and AI will score a lot !

Forget everything about having a midfield , you don't need a single player there , no DM or MC , all you need are three AMCs that can run and mark . Set their long shots to "Rarely" , you don't need long shooting. I am using 2 with "support" and 1 on "attack" but i have not experimenting a lot with this, all three on Attack seems to generate less chances to steal the ball from the opposition.

The engine calculates somewhat who is the most probable of generating chances (unless a game goes horribly wrong) so what you need there is an attacking formation. I play "fluid" , normal setting is okay too , of course the spirit is "Attack" ( but not overload since then your players will keep the ball on their feet for too long)

AI goalkeepers do save a lot of shots but half of the time they send the ball back into their box so rebounding gives the edge. To gain that edge stick three strikers just infront of the three AMCs , i play 2 deep forwards and 1 poacher at the center , the strikers often swap positions and those in the flanks have orders to run with ball and cross a lot.

The result of this "tactic" ( it isn't a tactic, it just beats AI ones which is sad ) is that you will devastate all defending teams , your AMCs will steal the ball a lot from defenders , you will often have 5 or 6 players inside the box to take rebounds or just pass behind the goalie ; of course AI teams (those playing Attacking) will score a lot but in my experience you will score more.

its because its centralised or whatever that means

just started a save with real madrid and i gotta say i am ripping teams apart.

in only 7 games played i have already scored 35 goals, averaging 5 a game. all this without my no1 striker ronaldo who's been injured.

for the 1st 2 games i used mr hough's version but for the last five games elephant_stone's tweaked version with 3 strikers. Benzema even managed to score 4 goals in the last game playing has the central striker.

01082010201253.th.jpg

fantastic work lads if this keeps up i might not even bother with the new patch, stick to this one.

im still using my amc/fc that i used before

so, that still means you would suggest to move Gerrard to central forward position instead of Milevskyi?´

If yes, should I retrain him as striker and use some PPM's? If not... well, should I retrain him as midfielder (currently Att Mid)?

so, that still means you would suggest to move Gerrard to central forward position instead of Milevskyi?´

If yes, should I retrain him as striker and use some PPM's? If not... well, should I retrain him as midfielder (currently Att Mid)?

its up to yourself man, i always used a player that could play amc and fc in amc.

i had dzagoev in amc and when a put him upfront he is scoring shedloads

So we started playing 3 strikers, and we changed the AMC to the middle striker. So he is the DUMMY striker.

The Theory

The DUMMY Striker is an attacking tactic that make a striker the DUMMY. The opp players especially the DC will want to close him down when he has the ball. But in split second when the DC started closing him, he pass through the ball to another striker which I call the FINISHER.

The FINISHER is unmark coz’ the DC and other def busy trying to close down the DUMMY. So the FINISHER is through one-on-one with the keeper. He score !

its working a treat! ( for loads of clear cut chances but, some are starting to go in now)

Archived