Happy or Unhappy with FM 2010?

Happy or Unhappy so far with FM2010?  

533 members have voted

1. 1. Happy or Unhappy so far with FM2010?

• Good Game
    • Too many bugs or other reasons to make it unenjoyable

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wilko: Maybe ignore the votes of anyone who has joined the forums in the last 2 months and you'll get a better representation of how this version stands int he eyes of people who have played previous versions and haven't just joined to complain.

A fair point, I assume only admin/mods can see who has voted what tho?

Wilco: Maybe ignore the votes of anyone who has joined the forums in the last 2 months and you'll get a better representation of how this version stands int he eyes of people who have played previous versions and haven't just joined to complain.

I've just joined the forum and I've owned a copy of FM/CM since 95. Ive also had to box my game because the problems have become hilarious. I think ignoring people like me, implying our views aren't valid is a very bad idea.

It is a pretty pointless poll, yes. I'll be surprised if it reaches 1000 votes, and taking into account the fact that the game has probably sold 250k copies minimum (purely based on the fact that FM09 apparently sold 1m+) upto this point, then yes it is rather pointless.

Another thing to take into consideration is the main reason people join games forums: to complain/they have problems. There is always going to be more people here that are complaining, afterall very few join because they're enjoying the game.

So Dicko's point may also be correct, although I'm guessing he said that because he has a problem, it probably should be higher.

Yo, OP here,

The poll as it stands is pointless because it hasn't even scratched the surface of FM fanbase, however with every vote it will get less & less pointless.

It's main downfall in my opinion is that the unhappy side will be exaggerated due to the fact that if people have no gripe with the game at all chances are they wont be here. You generally come here to get help with problems or (the vast majority) moan.

And how many votes would you accept as a fair representation of the FM fanbase?

1000, 10000???

I'm not tryin to change the world here just wanted to get a feel of what sort of percentage of people had a major problem with the game. As I find that bugs aside, this is still a great game. :D

In addition eliminating votes of new players is ridiculous, are you telling me SI & SEGA should completely discard the opinions of people new to the series.

I am not a newby, and not a veteran like many on here, playing since 07, but i don't see how that makes my view any less valid than anyone else's. :confused:

In addition eliminating votes of new players is ridiculous, are you telling me SI & SEGA should completely discard the opinions of people new to the series.

I am not a newby, and not a veteran like many on here, playing since 07, but i don't see how that makes my view any less valid than anyone else's. :confused:

The point wasnt that your views are less valid, it was that the people on this forums' views are more than likely skewed to the negative. :)

Delighted with it. Havent had any of the crash dumps that people are complaining of and only had the "football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working"message only once. Probably because I've stopped using steam though!

Hey I'm one of those who hasnt had any major probelms, it wasn't a slight against you, just a reply to CaptainPlanet. :)

Didn't take it as a slight, meant to post reply to the thread rather than the your post, just quoted you as a reference. Seems less like mindless rambling.:thup: I reckon in honesty, the actual number of people that would actually answer negatively is more likely to be down around 5-10%.

Your thoughts?

wrote this b4 reading your last post by the way.

I think it's the best version yet, been playing since at least CM 01/02, which I thought was the best version prior to FM 2010. There are some problems such as the inability to have a quality long-term save as a result of deficient newgens and player physical attributes declining in value too rapidly at a relatively young age, but overall, I think this version is the best yet, and far from unplayable.

I think the biggest improvement is the tactics wizard, which is far more straightforward and more realistic than the tactics setup in the last few versions of FM. In the 2010 version of FM I feel I can finally make quick changes to my tactics before and during each game so that even a casual gamer like me can progress through seasons relatively quickly and have my squad perform at a level that's at least on par with their collective ability compared to the rest of the clubs in the league.

Cause and effect, maybe if the game was in a better condition out of the box their views would be skewed more to the positive.

DISCLAIMER not a rant, just a thought

Not really, its just human nature to complain more than praise, especially if you're English. :p

*Note* I may live in Scotland but am English myself :D

Didn't take it as a slight, meant to post reply to the thread rather than the your post, just quoted you as a reference. Seems less like mindless rambling.:thup: I reckon in honesty, the actual number of people that would actually answer negatively is more likely to be down around 5-10%.

Your thoughts?

wrote this b4 reading your last post by the way.

If you're looking at everyone that brought the game, then the number of people unhappy is probably right. The amount of people with serious problems is probably in the 1-10% of people yes.

This isn't to say that the people who do have problems don't mean anything, but in context those people are a relatively small minority, which SI are still trying to help.

It's just not good enough imo in the areas I'd like to see improved: too many to mention but for example, what makes Barcelona different from Real Madrid, does one club insist on playing the ''barca'' way with lots of players coming through the youth teams, does the other demand huge blockbuster signings every summer etc?

How about AC milan, where's Milanlab and the enormous role that plays in that particular club, or the way that they talk about maintaining a family atmosphere where players seem to stay much longer than at other clubs even when they reach veteran stage.

You could go on, every club at least every big club in reality is unique with an unique history which places very different demands on a manager.

Also in FM where is the recognition of history, eg if you took over from a long term manager, like Ferguson you would be under enormous pressure and be constantly compared in your acheivements to the previous management. Where is the sense of your place in history? If you were successful and left a club players/supporters/board should compare the new guy to you, maybe speak of wishing to bring you back etc

For me, FM pretty much nailed the playing side of the game ages ago so any tactical advance can only be incremental but there is so much that could be done. The FM series set the bar so high a decade ago I think the rate of development and growth has slowed a lot since those days and for me, until changes like the ones I mentioned are implemented, FM will always feel lacking to me these days. :(

What a horrific wishlist ^^

Get the basics right first before adding things like this surely.

Totally disagree. I think he's made a really good point - what is it that differentiates one club from another in FM? Once you get significantly far into the game so that all the real players have retired, what is it that makes managing AC Milan any different from managing Internazionale, Juve, etc? Where's the attraction in managing Parma over, say, Lazio?

I very much like the idea (as seemingly momentous a task as it'd clearly be) of trying to inject character and history into each club which is constantly fed back to you, not just when you take over (when you get that nice little background into the club), but where every decision you take is reacted upon on the basis of the club's history.

So a club like Man United who play attacking football might not take too well to your pragmatic approach. Or a club like Barcelona might appreciate you more when you bring some Catalunian players through the ranks into the first team, etc, etc.

Totally disagree. I think he's made a really good point - what is it that differentiates one club from another in FM? Once you get significantly far into the game so that all the real players have retired, what is it that makes managing AC Milan any different from managing Internazionale, Juve, etc? Where's the attraction in managing Parma over, say, Lazio?

I very much like the idea (as seemingly momentous a task as it'd clearly be) of trying to inject character and history into each club which is constantly fed back to you, not just when you take over (when you get that nice little background into the club), but where every decision you take is reacted upon on the basis of the club's history.

So a club like Man United who play attacking football might not take too well to your pragmatic approach. Or a club like Barcelona might appreciate you more when you bring some Catalunian players through the ranks into the first team, etc, etc.

Having the favourite personnel feature working correctly would be a good start...

what more basics are there? it's been ''basic''ally the same for ten years hasn't it?

No, it hasn't.

Having the favourite personnel feature working correctly would be a good start...

It's not an "either/or" situation though, is it? To describe another user's well thought out idea as "horrific" on that basis is silly tbh.

It's not an "either/or" situation though, is it? To describe another user's well thought out idea as "horrific" on that basis is silly tbh.

Horrific to think that far ahead when there are so many people unhappy with what's in place at the moment. Walk before you can run and all that...

Ok, horrific might be a bit strong.

Horrific to think that far ahead when there are so many people unhappy with what's in place at the moment. Walk before you can run and all that...

Ok, horrific might be a bit strong.

Point taken. But that doesn't mean you can't suggest improvements, etc. Personally, I think that anything that helps you get more drawn into the game should be thought about and considered for future releases. That sort of thing would draw me in more than a tedious series of yes, no, maybe style questions in the guise of a press conference.

Getting totally naffed off actually lots of great saves being pulled out, too many shots hitting the woodwork, too many occasions where the opposition get 4 shots on target 3 goals and I get 7 on target generating a couple of great saves and 1 goal.

how I envy those lucky, lucky people with no prob's

Maybe we're just happier individuals, or not as picky. *shrug* I've only noticed problems after coming here. but nothing major to stop my enjoyment of the game. I just wish I could get the damn editor to work properly.

Maybe we're just happier individuals, or not as picky. *shrug*.

I do consider myself to be a happy individual normally, and I don't think wanting my game to work is picky. I honestly think if everyone was seeing the things I am in my game they would have something to say about it. That's why I envy everyone who's game works, I don't enjoy complaining, I'd much rather be playing the game.

Uneven and often inappropriate stat distribution with regens is a massive problem in long term games. There are several extensive, well planned statistical analyses on the subject on this site, the best being http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=172218&page=2. SI play down the issue, but these sort of experiments have been replicated too many times over the last few years for it to be ignored any longer. The findings closely correlate to my own experiences too, even with Large database and over 50 leagues from 20 nations running. It's preventing me from having any career game beyond the first five seasons. Other than that, I've generally enjoyed the game.

I honestly think if everyone was seeing the things I am in my game they would have something to say about it.

This is exactly the point tho, there are people some people spreading outright lies that this is happening to everyone when it IS a minority that it is happening to. I've had problems myself, but you don't see me crying in every thread around that SI is screwing me and everyone else. Some of us accept that with a game this complex and the multitude of different systems around, not everything will work as intended, but it is certainly fit for purpose.

The thought that "oh it's not happening to me so its not a problem" is wrong, and extremely annoying but so is the "I have this problem so everyone does, thus I'm going to report SI to the authorities and get my money back" is just as, if not more annoying.

Just for the record, the latest patch fixed teh problem I was having.

Some of us accept that with a game this complex and the multitude of different systems around, not everything will work as intended, but it is certainly fit for purpose.

I absolutely accept a game like this will have some bugs, it's unavoidable, and I've never complained about the bugs in previous versions. However MY game is not fit for purpose and that's the first time I've ever said that about any SI game because I never had the same number of problems before.

EDIT: I'd like to add that while I've seen many "ranting" posts, I've never seen anyone claim "this is happening to everyone"

I do consider myself to be a happy individual normally, and I don't think wanting my game to work is picky. I honestly think if everyone was seeing the things I am in my game they would have something to say about it. That's why I envy everyone who's game works, I don't enjoy complaining, I'd much rather be playing the game.

Wanting your game to work is not picky, but I've seen people complain about both ends of the specrum i.e. too realistic, not realistic enough, it's too hard, to easy. I do realise that there are problems and I feel sorry that it is causing you not to get the same enjoyment out of your game that I do.

Straight forward, are you happy or unhappy with FM2010?

best yet or too many bugs, posting your reasons would be great as well (without ranting would be good) :rolleyes:

deeply disappointed.

bug-ridden, half-finished, slow as hell to play, the unresponsive continue key gives me a headache, crashes constantly.

How can anyone be satisfied with a game like this?

Sure it has potential but that's meaningless if the game is so irritating and unreliable to play.

Spot on.

Considering that clearly not everyone has these problems (I cant remember the last time I had an unresponsive Continue key, but it hasnt been in FM10), it points to one thing.

The unresponsive continue key is the most annoying thing i have, and to be honest it just isn't as bad as people seem to report, i timed it at 5-10 seconds in the extreme and that is only maybe 1 in 3 times it is clicked. It may be worse for others of course. The regen issue could do with addressing as well but maybe patch 2 fingers crossed.

Archived