Just quit the game...

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only time I'll go with a deep defensive line is when I take the lead with not much time left. Then I go deep defensive line, high timewasting, long balls, high closing down. I'm not saying it guarantees results, but it works most of the time for me.

that is the thing i have never done i tend not to drop deep but then agin iam the manager who likes to sign defenders with at least 15-16 pace but if i didnt i would. I have worked out where on what i call the comeback the opp is most potent it the little pocket to the left and right of where your dmc will be

Fair enough. So lets add some clarity. You don't like to drop deep, thus you should be defending compacted space.

Which shouts will help you compact space and engage the ball carrier quickly but without risk?

Is it not "No no never no more"? :D

Yeah in full its

I went to an ale house, I use to frequent. I saw Fat Sam B***** his money was spent. He asked me to play, I answered him Nay! Say rubbish like yours i could beat any day!

And its No nay never, No nay never no more. Till we play B*****D Rovers! No Never No More

Sorry to go off topic. ;)

I play with a deep defensive line and I close down often.

I surely wouldnt play a high defensive line and also close down, why would I do that?

I am not suicidal.

I suggest you read some real life tactical theory.

Also you said you do not have to make formation changes "at all" - then why did members of SI say to make these changes to protect leads.
You don't have to, although it is an option.
Also the tactics guide cleary states to change formations to oppposing teams tactics.
Again, it is an option, not the definitive solution.
Seems to me a lot of people think they know a lot about football, but know next to nothing - except how their code works and how to beat a "match engine."

Sad state of the game sadly. There is no more realism, just human trying to outsmart a perfect match engine that rarely makes mistakes.

The AI uses the creator to do everything. It often fails dismally to mimic good, tactical decisions making.
In Italy, counter attack means to absorb pressure, then hit on the break.

My midfield and attack have a lot of pace and are creative.

In the UK too, but 'hit on the break' is still suggestive you want another goal. Why at 3-0 up?
I put on a speedy striker, played pace into space. I also played counter attack style, but was also switching between defensive. Usually I try to suss it out. I conceded 3 goals in 5 minutes on counter, 2 goals I believe before I even had a chance to change my tactic.

So, you were still openign up and looking for passes into space, rather than killign the game dead? You are answering your own questions here.
My play was still fantastic, but every time the other team surged forward, it was cause of some stupid pass back (no I didnt conceed goals off set pieces). The ball was cleared, they cross into box, defender just stands there as ball hits him, bounces off and is tapped in. Same goal 3 times in a row.
As I suggested earlier, it seems as if you were nbeing heavily pressured and faild to react/deal with it.
I only get this problem with Marseille not with Napoli or Newcastle.

Can you explain this for me?

Different players/different opposition/different tactical culture.

I know I am extreemly annoyed/upset with what happened, but It is not I am a total n00b at the game, I have been a tester for SI in the past, I have even helped Paul C on the match engine a few years ago when testing.

I also read the tactics guide and play as I see appropriate.

What I think is wrong here is morale/complacency is an issue, I cant see past it. A simple team talk should not destroy a result, its absurd and unheard of.

It is a contributing factor, but not the be all and end all.
There are a number of come backs that can be used as an example? Well then show me this proof. I get annoyed when people ask for more detail or proof yet do not show me any in return for their argument.
Milan 3-3 Liverpool, Spurs 3-4 Man City, Spurs 3-5 Man Utd, just off the top of my head. There are many more.
Have you managed teams in higher divisions? U said you manage lower league football. Since defenders in the game are generally poor and strikers generally over-rated, dont you see some what of a correlation between high level football and poor defending and lower level football and defending/attacking being on par.

Yes, I've managed in the Premiership and had no issues there either.
Surely the game is not as real life and in the lower english leagues, strikers will have poor stats, leading to less goals as basically they just do not have the skill to score wonder goals.
Actually, more goals are scored at lower levels than at top levels.
One thing I can comment on is that my players did have low match fitness around the 80-82% mark at half time, which was 3-4% lower than my opposition. However that still does not explain much, my team were still playing brilliantly - I even hit the bar on 6 occasions in the second half - guess it was just one of those games? :s
It was 'just one of those games' but you didn't make enough pro/reactive decisions to stop it being so.

Why did I play counter attack? Because counter attack doesnt mean you are looking for another goal, it means you will still attack when you feel the need to, on the break.

I was 3-0 up, why would I go all out defense? I probably would have lost the game.

I think you and SI do not really understand the real sense of counter attack - im sorry. Counter attacking has always been, and always will be an Italian tactic, and its always been a defensive tactic usually used to try and suss out draws and 1-0 wins and was a tactic made famous by Inter.

If counter attack means something else to you guys in England or to "english" background gamers, then I am sorry for this misunderstanding.

Also as stated I did go defensive and interchanged with counter attacking.

In addition to this, as soon as I put "overload" I started to play fantastic football again. Crawling back to 4-4 at the 93rd minute.

Ok, so saying "don't let your performance drop" caused my team to become complacent and nervous.

Yet If I say "pleased" won't that make them ease off the pedal? "Well done, 3-0 up half time, great result."

I am sorry but I still do not think a team talk leads to defeats, not even in real world football.

I mean a manager's team talk will be a lot more tactical. In FM its almost like school boy team talks "good worl lad".

How am I supposed to understand the effects of these talks. They work one day, and fail miserably the next - I even learn that some of my players tend to perform brilliantly when they are told they played "dissapointingly".

So maybe I should stop playing the game in a realistic manner and just tell my team they are dissapointing all the time to get them fired up, even on a 3-0 lead.

I rest on my case that this 4-4 draw I had, was down to poor programming and general lack of explanation of the team talks.

I did rant, but I believe I have given enough info on my opinion.

Its not like I was the one who said these scores are hardcoded. :D

All your examples of come backs were the English Premier League, a league known for extreemly poor defending and poor defending at set pieces.

Maybe SI need to start watching some more Italian football to understand how to code defending.

Im sorry to say it, but defending is woeful in the game and whatever tactic I would have used, that 4-4 draw probably wouldnt change. Seeing defenders not tackle, standing off and not even controlling balls properly, kicking it back for corners from half way, kicking the ball into the backs of their own team mates.

This and along with that team talk led to my defeat.

If this is the games way of showing me that I played "counter attack" incorrectly, than SI need to improve their "most realistic match engine in the world."

wwfan sorry about that internet problams

I dont do it with shouts

I let one defender drop his slider a couple of notches whilst the other i turn into a stopper and up his pressing to maximum same with the dmc and drop his attacking mentality with the full backs i tend to drop there pressing a few notches and play narrower and allowing them to tuck in i also tell my ball winning defender to press more and drop his mentality a little and with my ball carrier is my advanced playmaker who i drop his pressig and increas his mentality and move him to become a targetman and then i use the plat to feet.

I dont do it with shouts

I let one defender drop his slider a couple of notches whilst the other i turn into a stopper and up his pressing to maximum same with the dmc and drop his attacking mentality with the full backs i tend to drop there pressing a few notches and play narrower and allowing them to tuck in i also tell my ball winning defender to press more and drop his mentality a little and with my ball carrier is my advanced playmaker who i drop his pressig and increas his mentality and move him to become a targetman and then i use the plat to feet.

Ok, this sums up the issues you are having. You are pulling the d-line all over the shop.

Are you using classic or creator tactics?

Rich the d line is not my problam teams dont go through there they seem to come around me i know your going to say i tuck my full backs in but maybe that my problam i just consentrate on the killer through ball when it the winger who comes inside thats hurting me

My grievance is actually the opposite. I don't really change a single thing when leading, except I will occasionally tick the counter attacking box or up the time wasting (I find that your team will often counter without ticking the box if the opposition surges too far forward). The way I see it, my tactic is already build to be solid at the back. It plays to my strengths and I've brought in the players I need to make it work. It's not really a late game thing, but more of a mid game thing. If I take the lead, the other team will often change their formation. Many times they will score and I see the 'revert back to their familiar formation' message. What I don't like about this is the other team has basically scored because of two factors:

a) they changed formation/mentality

b) I didn't

Now, I was playing as Lyon, so in terms of player quality I win. So why then am I being punished for continuing to employ a tactic that plays to my strengths. It's a tactic that's solid and relatively defensive in nature and it plays to my strengths. Yet the value of this is IMO far too greatly diminished when an inferior side changes it's shape or mentality. They aren't even bringing on a sub who might offer a different kind of threat which I have to deal with it. It's just a change in shape.

The way it feels is that rather than weighing the two tactics against each other and producing results based on this, the weighting is based on how well you mirror what the opposition is doing. This is IMO, a bad thing, because it means that the AI basically has the dominant control on how the game is played. I wouldn't say it has a huge bearing on the actual result of the game, but what it does do is reduce the number of ways you can win. Sure, you can still win if the AI does this or that, but only if you do that or this when they change it up. There is too much emphasis on having to answer the opposition. Not every question is the right one, yet for the AI it certainly feels close to it.

Hardly an appropriate post from a moderator, this. Infraction imo ;)

Mod's are human too ;)

I was thinking earlier how crap it must be to be a mod here ,constantly banging your head against a brick wall.

Rather you than me guys ,and for the record ,your doing a great job!

i use the tactical creater but i meddle with it slightly during games and dependant of players at my disposal

What you are doing is this:

1: You are pulling one DMC and DC out of the d-line with excessive closing down settings, creating central space.

2: Dropping your FBs closing down with a high d-line has him backing off too much, enabling angled balls behind the DCs and space between the FB and DCs for the winger to attack.

3: Moving your advanced players away from the back line reduces their chance to help out defensively and means balls to them are more risky and likely to be intercepted.

Try to keep it simple. You want to defend with a high-line. Therefore, do this:

Don't tweak individually. Use the Play Narrower, Play Higher, Hassle Opponents, Stay on Feet Shouts. That should see your players compacting space. Drop to Defensive or Counter strategies.

Additionally, I'd argue you could use Pass to Feet and Get Ball Forward for Counter if you still want to be a bit of a threat going forward. Alternatively, you could use the Look for Overlap shout on Defend, as it will help the FBs get forward and in a better position to press should you suddenly lose possession.

If you want to play it really safe, you could try Pass to Feet and Retain Possession, but that might be tricky to pull off without a highly technical team, due to the space you are compressing. You could try Clear to Flanks if you want to just get rid of the ball, but be prepard to see the opposition come at you if you don;t have good wingers/FCs who can chase down these balls and keep possession.

Actually I had the same issue but let's face it and take it like a man. No point sulking about things that's over. I'm in charge of Barca and had an away game against Real Madrid. In 30 minutes I'm 4 - 0 up and by 70th minute, I'm losing 5 - 4. you actually think I love losing Madrid? Even though it's an away game I'd still prefer a draw and we're talking about Barca - Madrid rivalry here.

If you are up 3-0 you can bet the other team is going to come out attacking so you need to properly adjust. I usually use counter with pass to feet and perhaps retain possession. If that doesn't work I'll use defend with pass to feet.

The AI isn't that hard to read, but if you just use the same tactic with minor tweaks you should expect it to be exploited.

It is more likely to do with how they are playing defensively. I've seen a number people stating they Dropped Deeper, Hassled Oppponents and Got Stuck In.

So, you think retreating to the 6-yard box, then charging out and hacking at players is good defending? Really? You are opening as much space as possible and then violently reducing it, and you wonder why your players make mistakes/get skinned.

There is a total lack of clarity for many people in how different tactical strategies work. Going 'defensive' simply isn't enough. You need to know why and how you are defending, taking into account conditions, match score and opposing formations/players.

Is there a lack of clarity in the game in temrs of it explaining this. Yes. However, much of it mirrors real world tactical theory/practice and people with any level of footballing knowledge should take to it like a duck to water (or so I thought).

It's still ridiculous that changing your instructions can make you lose a 3-0 lead in under 5 minutes. That just doesn't happen that often IRL, but I see it tons in the game.

Love the game to the core, having a great time playing it, and it's the most fun playing a football management sim I've ever had, but there's definitely a couple core issues that need to be addressed, and this is one of them. Immediate retaliation on goals is silly too.

I dont do it with shouts

Way too much tinkering, bro :p I mean, it shouldn't make complete morons out of a team that was otherwise playing very well, but I can see it making you concede a goal or two.

It's still ridiculous that changing your instructions can make you lose a 3-0 lead in under 5 minutes. That just doesn't happen that often IRL, but I see it tons in the game.

It hugely relates to what you change your instructions to. I can't see many real life managers switching to a strategy of dropping deep, charging out and flying in, as it quite patently will result in a lot of space and dead ball opportunities for the opposition.

Let's think logically.

FM is a game that lets anyone become a manager.

Being a virtual manager makes you feel as though you control the team 100%.

If the game didn't embellish the effects of coaching, people would start to get the impression they had lost control and really have little influence on their team.

Therefore, Football Manager has to exaggerate the effects of tactical changes and all of that sort of thing to keep it's product entertaining, for if it were more like real life - winning or losing a game would be much more reliant on a player than their manager, which simply would not work in this sort of game.

I'm not saying in real life coaches don't influence their team - obviously they have a lot to do with it - but in FM, the power is shifted far more towards the manager than in RL, and this is by necessity.

http://www.soccerway.com/national/france/ligue-1/2009-2010/regular-season/

First result that pops up is 5-5 thriller between Lyon v Marseille.

If you read the timing of the goals, Lyon scored three in the space of 8 minutes or so in the last 10 minutes of the match to lead 5-4, Marseille then equalise in the 90+ minutes.

I think the game is spot on.

Perhaps the game is far closer to the real thing than you realise.

Defending sensibly as the Mod suggest works.

/huge rant.

Wow,

I finally had it with with FM2010.

What the hell am I supposed to do tactically in this game seriously.

I am up 3-0 vs PSG as Marseille.

Played some of the most fantastic football I have ever seen on FM and I was really happy.

Half time I tell my players to not let their performance drop.

Second half, every single player has "playing with confidence".

I decide to switch to a counter attacking game... (was playing control up until then.)

What happens next is just absolutely insane, stupid, unrealistic and complete shambles of morale/complacency coding...

They score 3 goals in 5 minutes.

/end rant

Well said :thup: - Was handling Leeds. Was up 4-0 at half time with Cardiff (League cup) and all of the sudden, they hit 4 back within 30 mins. Got frustrated and change to overload strategy. I managed to score 1 but got equalise back immediately. Though I finally won the PK shootout :cool: the I still think there was something wrong with the ME..:mad::mad:

Nevertheless I was going to try it with different strategy (maybe uncover more bugs and send it to SI - e.g. midfielder dribble ball out of field under no pressure, player throw-in to throw out again?!?!?, striker clear the ball at opp half??!? (it is written in the commentary))

I generally play control and if I get a goal up early then if im against a high rep team like Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea (Im Liverpool) I swich to counter and play narrow and pump ball into box shouts or if im against weaker opponents I found after an early goal I change to overload and score another fairly soon after and by half time the score will be 3 or 4 nil, then after half time I go to the counter with play narrow and pump ball into box shouts again if I do these things it seems to work 90% of the time.

I have had one game where it just didnt feel possible to hold a lead and that was a second leg of champions league semi against Arsenal went in with a 4-1 lead and started the game as if it was a game I had gone a goal up early against a top team so counter with play narrow shout and we conceded 3 in the first 20 minutes and ended up losing 4-0 and 5-4 on aggregate not sure if this was my pre match team talk or something to do with the way I went about my tactics for the game.

Here is my game.

If I am a very bad manager, misinterpret things or just unlucky, then fine I can accept that.

I honestly do not know what I did wrong and people have told me its my tactics, something I said at half time.

I actually quit the game today but if you could tell me what I did wrong, then maybe I can learn from my mistakes.

Here you go Paul C.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...ctics-pkm.html

Thats the game where I was up 3-0 at half time and I went down 4-3.

I have watched the game a number of times and I can only think that the issue was down to...

1. Goalie with poor aerial ability

2. Materazzi having an off game (even though he has brilliant technical/mental attributes)

3. Silvestre seemingly going too forward, leaving his man open. (I don't know why that is)

4. Nearly every goal was a header.

Feel free to ridicule me on my errors.

I prefer to be ridiculed and learn from my mistakes than to just get frustrated at not understanding simple mechanisms.

That's because all real life managers have a basic knowledge of football tactics.

If I see the things some virtual managers do tacticswise (some prime examples in this thread), does it really surprise you that strange things happen with their scorelines?

I do not see what I tactically did wrong.

I always play balanced formations and change to a more defensive shape when I have a big lead.

As stated, I never got this issue before, not until I moved to managing in France, so it has to be somethign related to the squad mentality and the way the game is coded.

In my opinion it is just too sensitive.

I have posted my matches, and I have my tactics on there.

If I have done something wrong, then I would like to know from SI what actually is causing this so I can understand their code better.

I understand real life football - but I really struggle with SI's interpretation of nearly every single facit of the game.

And I think you deserve credit for that, I dont agree with much of what you have been complaining about but at least you are willing to (hopefully) learn from your mistakes (if that is indeed the problem).

I hope someone can help you out :)

When I first started to play FM10 I was conceding goals the way you are, from the wings.

But from my point of view, I would say you have done well and as a manager.

You did well in finding the problem. Which is there wingers are getting to much time to deliver crosses in.

Dont man mark them. This wont help as they will probly beat you for pace.

Could hard tackling. They might be less inclined to make a run up the pitch.

Make sure you are man marking any dangers in the box.

Play a slower tempo and frustrate the oppositon.

Dont pass the ball down the wings. You risk giving it to your biggest threat, their wingers.

I do not see what I tactically did wrong.

I always play balanced formations and change to a more defensive shape when I have a big lead.

As stated, I never got this issue before, not until I moved to managing in France, so it has to be somethign related to the squad mentality and the way the game is coded.

In my opinion it is just too sensitive.

If I have done something wrong, then I would like to know from SI what actually is causing this so I can understand their code better.

I understand real life football - but I really struggle with SI's interpretation of nearly every single facit of the game.

Marek,

You did receive tactical advise from one of the creators of the tactical system (wwfan).

If he isn't capable of explaining what you did wrong and if you persist on trying to deny his factual knowledge on the ME, I think it's best for me not to try it all over again.

Is this game making you angry and frustrated?

Do you really believe your tactical knowledgde and visions are superior to those of SI and the people making the tactical engine?

Ok, fine with me.

Just uninstall FM10 and try something else :thup:

Do you really want to get something out of this game?

Are you ready to have your tactical knowledge and visions enhanced?

Keep on playing FM10 and read some tactical books to see where you are going wrong.

Either way; no much sense in creating threads like this one.

Threads in which you dismiss all advice because of an illusion of tactical expertise.

No threads like this are good, because I can understand what went wrong and Paul C is already going to look into the pkms.

I have now uploaded them and can finally get a correct response as to what went wrong and what constantly is going wrong only with my Marseille save but not with any other team I have managed.

I never said I knew more than SI or anything along those lines, but I find it outrageous that someone tells me counter attacking is still an offensive tactic and dangerous to employ when leading 3-0.

I knew PSG would attack me, and counter attacking would surely exploit the spaces they were going to create from advancing.

But no, that doesn't happen in FM.

You guys all love the game so much, you just cannot fathom that 3 goals in 5 minutes are unrealistic.

Just because someone wrote a few pdf files on FM tactics and helped SI write some of their code doesnt make them a tactical expert in the real world of football sorry.

Even SI, as far as I know, they are programmers and do any of them have any formal FIFA tactics badges? I think not.

So basically FM2010 tactics are all based on opinions and interpretations of what they think football tactics are, which is no different to me.

I am open for people to tell me what went wrong, but It is annoying when I am told its my tactics, without them even looking at my save game.

I was even told I used the wrong match talk, yet the assistant manager after the game stated that the team talk helped some players "gain focus".

Of course I get angry and frustrated, because to the average gamer, a lot of SI's ambigous tactical implementation even with the new setup is still messy and confusing.

If I have settings through the "team instructions" do side line shouts override them?

For example, I have my team playing short passing. Yet I ask for direct football and counter attacking in the match shouts. Do these override the team settings and player settings?

I have been told they don't and that might be half my problem.

So it could well be I think im playing defensive, when I am not.

Just to add, I have read the tactical frameworks and guides.

This is why I am even more frustrated at the outcome of my Marseille save.

Nothing pains me more than all the condescending remarks that I am some idiotic child who doesn't understand a thing about football or life in general.

I am not a child and nor was my "rant" on the lines of childish behaviour.

I am rightly annoyed and trying to get to the bottom of this and I do not want people to speculate what went wrong or shoot me down without presenting some decent facts.

Paul C can have my save game too if he likes.

Playing as Southampton at the moment and the biggest problem I'm finding is

1) Teams who come to my home and hit me on the break

2) Away to lower rep teams.

I have a suspicion it's my team talks and d-line. Would love some general tips wwfan ^^. Having said that, I also have a 2 season save with Leyton Orient where I've pushed for promotion two seasons in a row. FM10 just seems to be a tad sensitive to talks and tweaks in my view.

Oh and btw, no other game hosts a forum as good as SI.

It doesn't have anything to do with level or aggression.

I conceded far less than a goal a game with Stalybridge in the BSN, and rarely played more aggressively than Control, more commonly using Defensive and Counter strategies. Now I'm in the BSP, I'm conceding a goal a game, which is fair enough as my defence isn't quite as good for the level.

I'm also scoring more though as I've improved my forward line and am thus prepared to be a little more expansive, using Attacking strategies at home against poorer sides.

It has everythign to do with beaing able to read matches and make the right tactical decisions. If you just keep going for it, then socrelines are bound to be high.

Again, I don't have this issue myself and pretty easily keep clean sheets/one goal leads. Again, it relates to a lack of clarity in what people are trying to do tactically/strategically. I can only help so much as I can't make the dynamic decisions for people. The more information I get on how the person was playing, the better the chance of my being able to pin down the reasons. Rants and basic 'I was defensive/it's a motivation/ME issue' info don't help at all.

wwfan, may I suggest you to post a screenshot of your game in which you are keeping lots of clean sheets and 1-0 wins ? This will shut everyone up and would give them inspiration to read football tactics in details rather than wasting time ranting here in the forum. IMO, all your efforts to make people believe that FM doesn't cheat are not going to worth it unless people see the proof. Although I personally don't have any problem with the game and enjoying it alot.

Hi,

Ayanami80,

I have had a great season at Newcastle tactics wise.

I did not get promoted, but the reason behind that was poor squad harmony and I can understand it. (FM a little too sensitive)

My other side, Marseille - are so inconsistent, so complacent and soo terribly unfit during games that I really do not understand what to do, other than to resign, or quit the game altogether.

I am really enjoying the game, I am 1 point behind top side with Marseille (the goal is to come 6th) but when I lose a 3-0 lead and do not understand why, it just makes me frustrated.

Also I am getting annoyed at people talking about wwfans efforts.

You do realise that I didn't just rant without any sort of proof or info to back up my frustrations.

I have read all the tactics guidelines he and others have written, I downloaded them and read them and even created a tactic based on what I learnt, yet these strange results still happen.

When I think I understand what I am doing is genuinely correct and pretty much get shot down by condescending remarks, of course I will become a little flustered.

The game just ended 4-4.

3-0 up 4-3 down, I scored 93rd minute.

Shambles.

I just wanted to add, I never got this issue with managing Newcastle, and I play the same tactics.

Some reason, there are just hard headed players in my Marseille save that just turn to mush every time I play a top side.

So much for having a "determined" side.

Happens to me alot also i went 4-0 up against Peterbrough away was loving it but then second half in the 70th minute Peterbrough became Brazil and got a 4-4 draw lol sometimes it can get very annoying but cant be helped really..

I tend to just drop back when im 3 or 4-0 up now and try defend what ive got seems to work a bit better :)

I did the same mate.

I reverted to defensive/counter and they scored 3 goals in 5 minutes. Catch 22. No matter what I say, someone will say I did the wrong thing.

"You played too defensive too early" If I go defensive when 3-0 up and I draw or lose.

"You played too attacking" If I keep on attacking when 3-0 up and I draw or lose.

"Its your tactics" Even if they haven't seen my tactics.

"Its your team talk" Even though in game it said my team talk gave my players "focus".

What it comes down to is that one or two silly mistakes in terms of sliders makes your world class winning side into amatures. Then you get told to watch the pkm and make changes accordingly, yet the goals come from my defenders passing back from 60 yards for corner kicks, players not tackling, defenders facing the wrong way and ball bouncing off their backs.

A complacent player doesnt act like he has a disability.

It doesn't have anything to do with level or aggression.

I conceded far less than a goal a game with Stalybridge in the BSN, and rarely played more aggressively than Control, more commonly using Defensive and Counter strategies. Now I'm in the BSP, I'm conceding a goal a game, which is fair enough as my defence isn't quite as good for the level.

I'm also scoring more though as I've improved my forward line and am thus prepared to be a little more expansive, using Attacking strategies at home against poorer sides.

It has everythign to do with beaing able to read matches and make the right tactical decisions. If you just keep going for it, then socrelines are bound to be high.

Again, I don't have this issue myself and pretty easily keep clean sheets/one goal leads. Again, it relates to a lack of clarity in what people are trying to do tactically/strategically. I can only help so much as I can't make the dynamic decisions for people. The more information I get on how the person was playing, the better the chance of my being able to pin down the reasons. Rants and basic 'I was defensive/it's a motivation/ME issue' info don't help at all.

wwfan, may I suggest you to post a screenshot of your game in which you are keeping lots of clean sheets and 1-0 wins ? This will shut everyone up and would give them inspiration to read football tactics in details rather than wasting time ranting here in the forum. IMO, all your efforts to make people believe that FM doesn't cheat are not going to worth it unless people see the proof. Although I personally don't have any problem with the game and enjoying it alot.

Archived