805 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version Do You THink Is Best

• Version 1
    • Version 2
    • Version 3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First: Thanks again to Mr H for all the hard work with all these tactics - as you said, if it were easy, we'd all be at it. I've tried, and failed. These have been a Godsend.

Second: Thanks for letting me test V4; I would echo the ringmaster's comments, tho I have been testing with a powerful Chelsea squad, which may make my results less applicable to other teams.

However, I remain confused about one thing: When a players individual settings are tweaked, by using the tick box, does that stop the general instruction (Team settings) influencing them? So, for example, if you leave players set to default, and change, say the Team tackling, you see a corresponding change in the players default setting;

but, if for example that player is already set to easy tacklong, and you change the team to 'more aggressive' the slider doesn't move.

The same would appear to be true of touchline shouts?

Am I making any sense?

Anyway, thanks again, Mr H

First: Thanks again to Mr H for all the hard work with all these tactics - as you said, if it were easy, we'd all be at it. I've tried, and failed. These have been a Godsend.

Second: Thanks for letting me test V4; I would echo the ringmaster's comments, tho I have been testing with a powerful Chelsea squad, which may make my results less applicable to other teams.

However, I remain confused about one thing: When a players individual settings are tweaked, by using the tick box, does that stop the general instruction (Team settings) influencing them? So, for example, if you leave players set to default, and change, say the Team tackling, you see a corresponding change in the players default setting;

but, if for example that player is already set to easy tacklong, and you change the team to 'more aggressive' the slider doesn't move.

The same would appear to be true of touchline shouts?

Am I making any sense?

Anyway, thanks again, Mr H

yeah thats correct there all how i want them see i want my everybody on normal tackling apart from my C Defenders as i don't wanna give away any silly pens,

This V4 most of the Individual Player Settings are tweaked so if you tried to use the Team settings it wouldn't work neither would shouts

Thank you for making this tactic, Mr Hough! :)

I'm using v3. Two questions:

Why do you have through balls "often" on all 11 players included the GK?

And why have you set tackling easy on all the 10 outfield players, and hard on the GK?

Regards from bakke

Thank you for making this tactic, Mr Hough! :)

I'm using v3. Two questions:

Why do you have through balls "often" on all 11 players included the GK?

And why have you set tackling easy on all the 10 outfield players, and hard on the GK?

Regards from bakke

1. how do you get the ball past the opp with a through ball and if the players see the oppurtunity i want them to take it

2. if the opp is through 1-1 i want my keeper to go for the ball and try and prevent him scoring (also if the opp strikers takes a bad knock while 1-1 it might lower his confidence and composure and make him miss more)

hope these answered your questions

yeah thats correct there all how i want them see i want my everybody on normal tackling apart from my C Defenders as i don't wanna give away any silly pens,

This V4 most of the Individual Player Settings are tweaked so if you tried to use the Team settings it wouldn't work neither would shouts

Grand; that's what I thought.

Thanks for quick reply, and thanks again for the tac.

Actually I'm worried I'm starting to sound like a lapdog...;)

So; perhaps some more constructive comment.

This save, I have played 30 games with my Chelsea team, all with one version or another of the Tactic. So far, 28W 1D 1L. Last 10 games with V4, 9W 1D. I'm averaging just under 3 goals per game scored and conceding 1 on avg.

With V4, I'm still finding teams are getting through on my keeper, but much less so than with previous versions. I wonder if this is because even with a deeper D line, the Chelsea CBs are on the slow side.

One further q. Do you guys always use a target man?

So; perhaps some more constructive comment.

This save, I have played 30 games with my Chelsea team, all with one version or another of the Tactic. So far, 28W 1D 1L. Last 10 games with V4, 9W 1D. I'm averaging just under 3 goals per game scored and conceding 1 on avg.

With V4, I'm still finding teams are getting through on my keeper, but much less so than with previous versions. I wonder if this is because even with a deeper D line, the Chelsea CBs are on the slow side.

One further q. Do you guys always use a target man?

the target man is tick but i don't have a primary target man set as i don't want to restrict my to just hitting the ball to one man when there could be better options available

Right this is for the people that are testing V4 for me will you change the Team Instructions for mixed passing to through the middle passing.

when i've been playing around with it i've noticed that with through the middle passing the get the ball to the front men quicker and make better chances

thanks

Mr Hough

Made the change you requested to make passing through the middle, I'm Notts County in Division 1, currently in 5th place.

Played 2 games, beat Brighton 2-1 away from home, then had an incredible game away to Barnsley who are top of the league.

We pinched a 1-0 lead from the penalty spot just before half-time, but deep into injury time the ref evened things up and gave them a pen, which they tucked away, so 1-1 at HT.

On 57 mins we went behind and I feared the worse, but just 5 mins later we got back on level terms.

To be honest I would have taken a point at this stage, but on 75 minutes DJ Campbell scored a superb breakway effort. My joy was shortlived though as on 78 mins, Barnsley pegged us back to 3-3.

Then in a crazy last 10 minutes we scored 3 more times to record an incredible 6-3 victory!

Here are the results from every match i have played using the V4.

208emgy.jpg

Performance wise it started off a little iffy, but just look what has happened over the last few games. :eek:

The last 3 were played with the latest tweak and we seem to be making even more chances.

The good thing is as well with V4 is that you no longer require quick defenders.

Great tactic and one in the eye for SI who have turned the apparently "correct" way of playing this game into a borefest.

Nice work Mr Hough

BTW Crouch has scored 24 goals in 16 games :D

I'm still getting the impression that as someone mentioned aerlier in the thread V4 seems to be better away and V3 better at home.

Following my two away wins, my next gane we were at home to Stockport who were 20th and we lost 2-1.

Maybe this tactic do for me? I'm playing with Crystal Palace, currently my own set of tactics doesn't bring me anywhere.

I've tried various tactics from this board, however, not a single one of them could see me getting to win some games in a row, which is quite frustrating. Wins were followed by defeats, an odd draw from time to time, in fact, progressing in the league wasn't possible as staying somewhere around 20th position seemed to be my faith.

Most tactics are good when you're playing Chelsea or Man City, having quick defenders seems so easy, until you manage a team with no money to spend, an attraction-rate that makes that the better free players never choose for you, whatever you're wage-offers are (Smolarek turned down a € 32.000 / month at Palace for a € 11.000 / month at FC Groningen!) so I got a bit desperate to get my team playing some kind of decent football.

But, I just have one single question, from what the poll tells me, V3 seems to be the best actually, as I read all this positive comments in this thread I'm wondering if those are written when playing with the V3 or are V1 or V2 even better?

Maybe this tactic do for me? I'm playing with Crystal Palace, currently my own set of tactics doesn't bring me anywhere.

I've tried various tactics from this board, however, not a single one of them could see me getting to win some games in a row, which is quite frustrating. Wins were followed by defeats, an odd draw from time to time, in fact, progressing in the league wasn't possible as staying somewhere around 20th position seemed to be my faith.

Most tactics are good when you're playing Chelsea or Man City, having quick defenders seems so easy, until you manage a team with no money to spend, an attraction-rate that makes that the better free players never choose for you, whatever you're wage-offers are (Smolarek turned down a € 32.000 / month at Palace for a € 11.000 / month at FC Groningen!) so I got a bit desperate to get my team playing some kind of decent football.

But, I just have one single question, from what the poll tells me, V3 seems to be the best actually, as I read all this positive comments in this thread I'm wondering if those are written when playing with the V3 or are V1 or V2 even better?

Hammer1000 i've PM'd you mate.

Mr Hough, any chance you can release v4 soon so some of us can try it out? I usually only play FM at the weekend!

More updates for you:

League table so far: http://img19.imageshack.us/i/leaguetablea.jpg/

Results: http://img4.imageshack.us/i/fixturesz.jpg/

As you can see, I just beat Chelsea 5-3 away! Others to note, beating Man Utd 4-0, and Arsenal 2-1 - both at home.

Mr Hough - well done to you sir, this tactic is amazing!

which version are you using bro?

Update: Just beat Liverpool 3-0 at home, with the suggested tweaks added.

So, thats the big 4 - 12 points out of a possible 12... with the best defensive & offensive record in the league.

Will be playing more tonight.

V4 is amazing, trust me!

can u please send me v4..im on the verge of losing my job..please:)

I am playing in a network game with five friends every monday, and I`ve got a horrible start with Pompey, P10, W0, D1 L9:(

I have tried your three first versions and they work fine when I start from preseason, but when I start in a save game where I am struggeling, which I do in my net work game, I tend to play good but still get many draws and defeats in the last minuttes of the game.

So I really need your version 4, which I hear have a more solid defense, so I can turn things over with Pompey and don`t risk being the laughingstock once again tomorrow.

You would be a life saver if you could release version four tonight, Mr. Hough:)

I am playing in a network game with five friends every monday, and I`ve got a horrible start with Pompey, P10, W0, D1 L9:(

I have tried your three first versions and they work fine when I start from preseason, but when I start in a save game where I am struggeling, which I do in my net work game, I tend to play good but still get many draws and defeats in the last minuttes of the game.

So I really need your version 4, which I hear have a more solid defense, so I can turn things over with Pompey and don`t risk being the laughingstock once again tomorrow.

You would be a life saver if you could release version four tonight, Mr. Hough:)

i will be releasing it tonight

I am using Verison 3 and i don't conceed many with my arsenal team its just when i move onto attack in some games i fail to kill them off and win 1-0, 2-1, score in the last 5mins, or 0-1 down and then equalise very late in the game. I've play attacking players such as Vela, Dzeko, RVP, Walcott, Saivet, Di Maria. Just wondering should i change the upfront roles or does one of the other versions include different role types?

Thanks!

Edit - There is a new one coming out? I think i will wait for that one then!

Having had a play with v3, if there's one thing I'd like to see in v4 is differing roles and instructions for the two strikers e.g. big man little man combo etc.

I agree, Like a target man and a complete forward it will work better. I also love to use wingers!

************VERSION 4**********

http://www.filefront.com/14975739/Version%204%20%20%28At.%20Madrid%2C%20Feb%202010%29.tac

enjoy guys and if you have any problems be nice about it, you don't know how hard it is to make 1 tactic never mind 4

Are there many changes from the V4 test tactic mate.

If possible could you tell me what they were?

Cheers

Archived