Possession Domination Tactic

Which Version Do You THink Is Best  

805 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version Do You THink Is Best

• Version 1
    • Version 2
    • Version 3

Hough - will you consider having a play with a big man little man combo up front on your revised v3? I think a striker who is strong and good in the air can be very powerful especially when paired with a speedy finisher and big man little man I would say is how a lot of users like to line up. Cheers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hough - will you consider having a play with a big man little man combo up front on your revised v3? I think a striker who is strong and good in the air can be very powerful especially when paired with a speedy finisher and big man little man I would say is how a lot of users like to line up. Cheers

i'm not really dure how you would set up this though as i normally play with 2 pacy strikers

i'm not really dure how you would set up this though as i normally play with 2 pacy strikers

I don't have time to test. But, my thinking is that if v3 is supposed to be a possession based tactic (as opposed to a hit them on the break and counter tactic) then it would be good to have one of the SCs that could keep hold of the ball, play through balls to a poacher and or be something for the well worked crossing opportunities to aim at.

After having a little fiddle myself with the settings, i have noticed that my target man does play alot better call in coincidence i don't know

This is how i have him set up and you can see my current squad too it's not bad but nowhere near as good as some teams in the league

th_CardozoTargetmansettingsandSquad.jpg

And this is Litrally the first game i played with cardoza as target man and with my tweaked settings

th_MiddlesbroughvsVilla.jpg

Not sure if this helps but as always i'll always try and help if i can

I don't have time to test. But, my thinking is that if v3 is supposed to be a possession based tactic (as opposed to a hit them on the break and counter tactic) then it would be good to have one of the SCs that could keep hold of the ball, play through balls to a poacher and or be something for the well worked crossing opportunities to aim at.

I've kept alot of V3 the same but also changed alot i learned alot from V4 about defence and i've tried to impliment that in V3 but without the Opp having so many shots and my players hopefully hitting them on the break

But i can't stress enough that i need feedback from you guys about these tactics as you will see things i don't and can point things out to me that i can have a look at

Alot of you guys are posting excellent feedback

Hammer1000

Wes coulam

Mike Dodgson

Ringmaster

mischeivious

swash

just a few off the people i'm so gratefull for your excellent feedback, keep it coming

So, V3 with the target man settings you changed should be the best you say? I again won the title with Cologne, with using V4. Lost in the quarter final of CL against Arsenal (they're so strong) 2:4 at home and 1:3 away. I'm starting my 4th season now and have a team better than ever, I'll start with V3 with the TM settings you suggested. I also saw you changed your mentality back to Control now? Did also do that.

My Team:

GK - Ochoa

DL - Beck (Van Damme)

DC - Sakho (Mhlongo)

DC - Höwedes (Badstuber)

DR - Yarmash (Isla)

DM - Annan (Khedira)

MC - Kroos (Matic)

AML - Özil (Pastore)

AMR - Marin (Valdivia)

TM - Vagner Love (J. P. Guerrero)

ST - Guilherme (Jô)

Mr Hough,

I'm happy to continue testing anything you feel worthy of testing - keep up the good work.

So you know where I am with things...

I'm sitting in 2nd in the league with about 6 games to go, I can catch Chelsea if they slip up, but it's not likely - they are destroying teams left right & center. 2nd will be an amazing achievement if I can pull it off.

The last 5 games I have used your tweaked version that you posted of V4 above (for lazy people..ie: me!)... beat wolves 5-0, beat pompey 4-0, sunderland 3-1 - then got beat 2-1 by arsenal away, and 2-0 away at man utd.

The tactic is still working... it has gone through a rough patch though, but I think that comes from trying the different versions that are posted... I always want to try the latest one to see if it's better than what I'm using... continuity is key I think!

I'll drop you a PM though mate to see what your doing with V3.

Again, thanks for your hard work - it is most appreciated.

Mr Hough,

I'm happy to continue testing anything you feel worthy of testing - keep up the good work.

So you know where I am with things...

I'm sitting in 2nd in the league with about 6 games to go, I can catch Chelsea if they slip up, but it's not likely - they are destroying teams left right & center. 2nd will be an amazing achievement if I can pull it off.

The last 5 games I have used your tweaked version that you posted of V4 above (for lazy people..ie: me!)... beat wolves 5-0, beat pompey 4-0, sunderland 3-1 - then got beat 2-1 by arsenal away, and 2-0 away at man utd.

The tactic is still working... it has gone through a rough patch though, but I think that comes from trying the different versions that are posted... I always want to try the latest one to see if it's better than what I'm using... continuity is key I think!

I'll drop you a PM though mate to see what your doing with V3.

Again, thanks for your hard work - it is most appreciated.

thanks for the update.

I'm Going with V3 alot now but these is so many problems with this patch i don't know where to start

Ialways watch my highlights in KEY and i can just tell that my team are not gonna win have have 6 CCC's and the OPP has 1 and i lose 3-1 WTF

I don't get it i hope SI have sorted these problems for the next patch

Just played some matches with Control and got 4 wins out of 5 games, 1 unhappy draw. My last result is this:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7164/1fcklnfcbayernmnchen2.png

It gave us some possession back like it was on your earlier versions, in the last 2 it didn't dominate drastically like it did before. Now with control it seems to get back on track :D Will be testing this further and report back to you mate.

Just played some matches with Control and got 4 wins out of 5 games, 1 unhappy draw. My last result is this:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7164/1fcklnfcbayernmnchen2.png

It gave us some possession back like it was on your earlier versions, in the last 2 it didn't dominate drastically like it did before. Now with control it seems to get back on track :D Will be testing this further and report back to you mate.

Ok great thanks very much

Mr Hough.

I am using your V4 formation with Juventus and it's going well. I did lose 2-0 to Arsenal but that was because they have a few players with amazing long shots!

1) It seems all the goals come from corners and crossing, is this supposed to happen? I think teams with good, big defenders will surely remove our goal threat?

2) I set Amauri as the left striker and Del Piero as the right striker. Do you set one of your strikers as the target man or do you leave it set to None?

Thanks

p.s. I have a Real Madrid save using a 4-3-1-2 formation. I realise they are an uber team, but would you be interested in hearing my defensive setup?

Played 21 - Won 19 - Drawn 2 - Lost 0 - For 53 - Against 9.

Mr Hough.

I am using your V4 formation with Juventus and it's going well. I did lose 2-0 to Arsenal but that was because they have a few players with amazing long shots!

1) It seems all the goals come from corners and crossing, is this supposed to happen? I think teams with good, big defenders will surely remove our goal threat?

2) I set Amauri as the left striker and Del Piero as the right striker. Do you set one of your strikers as the target man or do you leave it set to None?

Thanks

p.s. I have a Real Madrid save using a 4-3-1-2 formation. I realise they are an uber team, but would you be interested in hearing my defensive setup?

Played 21 - Won 19 - Drawn 2 - Lost 0 - For 53 - Against 9.

yes of course i'm always intrested in other people's ideas

Maybe you could start a thread of you tactic for others to share?

Hey Mr Hough,

I loaded back up my West Ham save as i wanted to try something. I'd brought in a couple of wingers but they were both injured, so my idea was to move them both into the AMC position.

I'm still getting injuries galore(not tactical) but i've been getting some good results, i'm W 5 D 3 L 2 atm and i'm due a couple of players back.

Just wondered how YOU would set up the two AMC's if you were to try it?

Hey Mr Hough,

I loaded back up my West Ham save as i wanted to try something. I'd brought in a couple of wingers but they were both injured, so my idea was to move them both into the AMC position.

I'm still getting injuries galore(not tactical) but i've been getting some good results, i'm W 5 D 3 L 2 atm and i'm due a couple of players back.

Just wondered how YOU would set up the two AMC's if you were to try it?

I've never tried this but if i was going to this is how i would set it up

th_amcSettings.jpg

I'd have the other AMC exactly the same but have his role as an ATTACKING MIDFIELDER

Does this formation suffer from causing injuries? Just read Hammer1000 reply and it's crazy as I have 7 injured players!

it's something i've never really looked to be honest, your players will tire alot because of the high closing down and that might make them be abit more likely to get injured although it's something i've never looked at

it's something i've never really looked to be honest, your players will tire alot because of the high closing down and that might make them be abit more likely to get injured although it's something i've never looked at

Ah you've just answered my question :-) Juventus are a team full of old players (2nd oldest overall in the league according to the game). With all that running around it's probably killing the poor old guys haha!

I'll PM you the formation I mentioned so that it does not interfere with your thread :)

Ah you've just answered my question :-) Juventus are a team full of old players (2nd oldest overall in the league according to the game). With all that running around it's probably killing the poor old guys haha!

I'll PM you the formation I mentioned so that it does not interfere with your thread :)

ha ha, yeah proberly mate i'll have a look at your defence it could be just what i'm looking for

After having a little fiddle myself with the settings, i have noticed that my target man does play alot better call in coincidence i don't know

This is how i have him set up and you can see my current squad too it's not bad but nowhere near as good as some teams in the league

th_CardozoTargetmansettingsandSquad.jpg

And this is Litrally the first game i played with cardoza as target man and with my tweaked settings

th_MiddlesbroughvsVilla.jpg

Not sure if this helps but as always i'll always try and help if i can

Thanks looks good. Let's be clear here - when you say targetman, do you mean you have Cardozo selected as primary target man? If so, how do you supply him? Thanks.

Mr Hough - I salute you sir - great tactic......trying out version 3 at moment

Just had a quick question - how does the tactic work being as ALL players are set to an attacking mentality including the Goalkeeper!!!......It works and so if it aint broke dont fix it but I'm jus curious mate....

Also the COUNTER ATTACK option is ticked in version 3 but the overall mentality of the team is attacking - surely the basis of counter attack is to draw the opposition in by playin defensive and then hitting them on counter attack??

Cheers bud

Mr Hough - I salute you sir - great tactic......trying out version 3 at moment

Just had a quick question - how does the tactic work being as ALL players are set to an attacking mentality including the Goalkeeper!!!......It works and so if it aint broke dont fix it but I'm jus curious mate....

Also the COUNTER ATTACK option is ticked in version 3 but the overall mentality of the team is attacking - surely the basis of counter attack is to draw the opposition in by playin defensive and then hitting them on counter attack??

Cheers bud

here is an insight into how i look at football ok.....

When the players mentality is attacking i think that it don't just mean attacking get the ball up field as much as possible lets score as many as we can but also how players 'ATTACK' the ball

Because V3's D-Line is so high i thought that the OPP would try and counter me but with my players on ATTACKING mentality then they are gonna try and win the ball back as quick as they can

With the hold up ball this is on my players do get rid of it so easily and will only pass when a good pass is on instead of giving the ball straight back to the OPP

Do you see what i mean?

Thanks looks good. Let's be clear here - when you say targetman, do you mean you have Cardozo selected as primary target man? If so, how do you supply him? Thanks.

Yes i have him selected as target man and i have the ball coming at his feet.

I thought about putting them for him to run onto but with pace 13 thought this wouldn't be a good idea

Then i thought about to head but thought he would be able to hold up the ball better if there into his feet

Yes i have him selected as target man and i have the ball coming at his feet.

I thought about putting them for him to run onto but with pace 13 thought this wouldn't be a good idea

Then i thought about to head but thought he would be able to hold up the ball better if there into his feet

Yes exactly. For good teams I think the best two options for target men are fast finishers with 'run on to the ball' for counter attacking tactics or more likely a good player with 'to feet', and then depending on his attributes set individual instructions accordingly.

I'll try a new game. I've been testing with Internacional of Brazil and the truth is that I have done pretty well and have tried to wear away and win 0-2 against my arch rival, the Gremio.

Sorry for my English, I am Spanish

Hough - what are you thoughts on whether to make the striker on the left the target man or the striker on the right? Personally I have for many years always struggled with myself to reconcile and rationalise my choices as to which striker I play on the left and which on the right and why. Perhaps I think about things too much.....

Hough - what are you thoughts on whether to make the striker on the left the target man or the striker on the right? Personally I have for many years always struggled with myself to reconcile and rationalise my choices as to which striker I play on the left and which on the right and why. Perhaps I think about things too much.....

I've never really had any preference to be honest

In my Athelico Madrid i have Forlan (Target Man) Aguero (Advanced Forward)

Aguero has scored 11 goals in the last 5 games i think that this is due to the fact the i man playing a selected target man and when the ball goes to forlan more i think this gives Aguero more space to move and attack

After Finishing my season with Athletico madrid i finished a Respectiable 2nd place i also won the Euro Cup aswell

Screenshots of My Squad, League, Diego Forlan and Sergio Aguero

th_AthleticoSquad.jpg

th_AthleticoLeague.jpg

th_Forlan.jpg

th_Aguero.jpg

as you can see pretty impressive where both strikers score over 100 goals between them

This is V3 that I'm working on

After Finishing my season with Athletico madrid i finished a Respectiable 2nd place i also won the Euro Cup aswell

Screenshots of My Squad, League, Diego Forlan and Sergio Aguero

th_AthleticoSquad.jpg

th_AthleticoLeague.jpg

th_Forlan.jpg

th_Aguero.jpg

as you can see pretty impressive where both strikers score over 100 goals between them

This is V3 that I'm working on

Im using the V3.2, no target man selected. Working really well, thanks Mr Hough. After an inconsistant start (i guess the players getting used to the tactic) I have now just broken into top 3, won 5 on the bounce then drew 1-1 with a chelsea team that are unbeaten in 25 and had won their last 12 games. Overall I'm really happy with this tactic. I have just one concern however, maybe you or someone else can help.

The striker I play up front on the right side (advanced forward att) is really struggling to score goals. The strikers I have to choose from for that position are Van Nistlerooy, crouch and defoe (have keane playing as complete striker and he cant stop scoring so dont want to change him). I have tried different roles for the players on the right side, for example Van Nistlerooy as a poacher (which is exactly as id class him as) and tried things for crouch and defoe but with no joy. I wanted to try and sort this out myself but having had no luck in my attempts thought i would put it to you.

Why do you think this is happening and have you got any suggestions for the correct role to play either crouch, defoe or ruud? Do you think i should use a target man and if so who, and also, if i do use a target man i dont want to do anything to disrupt keanes abilities and goal record.

Like I say, other than that I'm really enjoying this tactic, You've got me hooked on 2010 again now after my frustrations with the game initially.

Fantastic work Mate, much appreciated

Im using the V3.2, no target man selected. Working really well, thanks Mr Hough. After an inconsistant start (i guess the players getting used to the tactic) I have now just broken into top 3, won 5 on the bounce then drew 1-1 with a chelsea team that are unbeaten in 25 and had won their last 12 games. Overall I'm really happy with this tactic. I have just one concern however, maybe you or someone else can help.

The striker I play up front on the right side (advanced forward att) is really struggling to score goals. The strikers I have to choose from for that position are Van Nistlerooy, crouch and defoe (have keane playing as complete striker and he cant stop scoring so dont want to change him). I have tried different roles for the players on the right side, for example Van Nistlerooy as a poacher (which is exactly as id class him as) and tried things for crouch and defoe but with no joy. I wanted to try and sort this out myself but having had no luck in my attempts thought i would put it to you.

Why do you think this is happening and have you got any suggestions for the correct role to play either crouch, defoe or ruud? Do you think i should use a target man and if so who, and also, if i do use a target man i dont want to do anything to disrupt keanes abilities and goal record.

Like I say, other than that I'm really enjoying this tactic, You've got me hooked on 2010 again now after my frustrations with the game initially.

Fantastic work Mate, much appreciated

In the version i am working on i have left striker as target man and right striker as an advanced forward.

When i was trying this with A Madrid forlan was my target man and he was pulling people out of position for aguero to find space and boy did he, This is litrally of the top of my head but i provide proof in screenshots but i think he scored like 4/5 hat-tricks in a row including 5 in one game

I couldn't beleive what i was seeing

The downside though i noticed that forlans goal ratio dipped a little so i tried to play with him abit and instead of his role supporting i put it to attack and this seemed to work for me

Archived