805 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version Do You THink Is Best

• Version 1
    • Version 2
    • Version 3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quality Tactic - Played 10 games with Villa - W9 - D1- L0 conceding just 2 goals, 1 of which was away to Man Utd - drew 1-1.

Ashley Young = AMAZING.

Just at work so will upload screenshot tonight.

:thup:

Which version do you use? v3?

Yeah v3.

I dont give any opposition instructions before the game.

You need to get 2 ball wining cm's who can run all day.

i have even managed to get Heskey scoring!!!!

Mr Hough is a genius!

thanks very much, i'm working on a new tactic and have just beaten real madrid 4-2 with my boro team so it's looking promising

thanks man, i think some people don't realise how hard it is to make tactics and how much time it takes to get them right.

I certainly appreciate your efforts and really did want your tactic to succeed for me.

I think I may have found the reason it didn't.

Was the tactic developed on 10.1? I only got the game at the end of last week and I downloaded the patch at the same time. When i quit my game last night to start afresh I noticed I had downloaded - but not installed - the update. Do you think my using your tactic on 10 was an issue?

I'm going straight back in with your tactic if so.

I certainly appreciate your efforts and really did want your tactic to succeed for me.

I think I may have found the reason it didn't.

Was the tactic developed on 10.1? I only got the game at the end of last week and I downloaded the patch at the same time. When i quit my game last night to start afresh I noticed I had downloaded - but not installed - the update. Do you think my using your tactic on 10 was an issue?

I'm going straight back in with your tactic if so.

it could be the reason yes, although i have developed a new tactic now and it seems to be working a treat so i'm gonna keep with this one

I'm going to start again tonight using 10.1 and your v3 tactic.

Your efforts deserve more than my pitiful 6th place in the SPL!!!

I also want to find out if it was using the unpatched FM (along with having gash forwards) that prevented me having much joy with the tactic.

i hope you have better luck, let me know how you get on

My form dipped big time (lost in playoffs again!), but I know this is due to my lack of knowledge of teamtalks, seem to always concede straight after half time and when I score a goal.

Dropped the MC into DMC and put him as deep playmaker, seems to have worked and also noticed an improvement in my defence.

So far in new season had some good results, seem to play well yet still lose a game every now and again. My team is:

GK: Sharkey (Regen)

RB: Bardsley

LB: Johansson

CB: Hobbs

CB: Shilla

DMC: Ikeng (Anchor)

DMC: Schneiderlin (Playmaker)

RW: Weiss

LW: Lallana

CF: Pavlovic (Regen) - (Deep Lying Forward)

CF: Cristaldo (Poacher)

The two regens I got suit the positions really well according to the in game hint thingys, but just get consistancy again, think longest winning streak is 3...which isnt that great considering what league im in.

Hopefully this 4222 formation works for me, if not I cant wait for Mr Houghs version. :)

Okay, I’m going to post results with V3.2 up to the end of the season. I’m not going to bother with match reports because I would simply be repeating myself by saying: great wingplay, lots of chances, some great counter attacking, overall great tactic. I may have my Paris specs on, but I’m inclined to say any defeats you see below were due to amazing opposition goalkeepers and wasteful finishing – I genuinely cant remember the last time I had less CCC’s than the opposition.

FC – Bayonnais 0 – 3 PSG (Erdinc (2), Milevskiy)

LC – Rennes 3 – 2 PSG (Hoarau, Sakho) [The dreaded two-goal lead jinx]

L1 – Montepellier 1 – 0 PSG

L1 – PSG (Hoarau, Milevskiy, Sakho, Briand) 4– 1 Toulouse

L1 – PSG (Hoarau (2), Milevskiy (2)) 4 – 0 Tours FC

L1 – FC Metz 2 – 3 PSG (Milevskiy (2), O.G)

L1 – PSG (Hoarau, Sakho) 2 – 2 Lyon

L1 – Lorient 2 – 2 PSG (Erdinc (2))

L1 – PSG (Jadson (2), Dominguez) 3 – 0 Lille

FC – Toulouse 0 – 2 PSG (Clement, Hoarau)

L1 – Nice 1 – 6 PSG (Hoarau (3), Otamendi, Sessegnon, Erdinc)

FC – Grenoble Foot 3 - 2 PSG (Clement, Hoarau) [My undermotivated reserves fecked me over, we still had 14 shots to their 2 – that’s right: they scored 3 goals from 2 shots! So go figure]

L1 – PSG (Hoarau (2 [1 pen]), Milevskiy, O.G) 4 - 2 Auxerre

L1 – Marseille 2 - 1 PSG (Clement) [Lost due to 2 Cheyrou 30 yarders. Yawn]

L1 – PSG (Sessegnon, Milevksiy, Jadson (2), Briand (2)) 6 - 1 Bordeaux

L1 – PSG (Hoarau (3)) 3 - 1 Sochaux

L1 – Caen 1 - 1 PSG (Dominguez)

L1 – PSG (Otamendi, Hoarau) 2 - 0 Nancy

L1 – St Etienne 2 - 2 PSG (Milevskiy, Hoarau [pen]) [A win would have put me top :( Sakho had a nightmare, just one of those things]

L1 – PSG (Otamendi, Jadson, Hoarau) 3 - 4 Rennes

L1 – Lens 3 - 2 PSG (Sessegnon, Hoarau) [Had 7 CCC’s to their 2, but am going through a spell of literally every opposition shot going in]

Final League table 10/11

1st Lyon 84 pts

2nd PSG 78 pts

3rd Marseille 76 pts

4th St Etienne 70 pts

5th Rennes 68 pts

Although I haven’t won every match, I genuinely feel I am the better team 99% of the time, and I like the way my team is playing. You will occasionally go through spells of having a porous defence, but just try to get through it. This (V3.2) is EASILY the best currently downloadable tactic on the forum.

I’m signing off this thread now, to actually play the game for the sake of playing the game as oppose to testing a tactic. Thanks Mr Hough, and the chap who implemented the nifty tweaks. Highly Recommended.

Okay, I’m going to post results with V3.2 up to the end of the season. I’m not going to bother with match reports because I would simply be repeating myself by saying: great wingplay, lots of chances, some great counter attacking, overall great tactic. I may have my Paris specs on, but I’m inclined to say any defeats you see below were due to amazing opposition goalkeepers and wasteful finishing – I genuinely cant remember the last time I had less CCC’s than the opposition.

Although I haven’t won every match, I genuinely feel I am the better team 99% of the time, and I like the way my team is playing. You will occasionally go through spells of having a porous defence, but just try to get through it. This (V3.2) is EASILY the best currently downloadable tactic on the forum.

I’m signing off this thread now, to actually play the game for the sake of playing the game as oppose to testing a tactic. Thanks Mr Hough, and the chap who implemented the nifty tweaks. Highly Recommended.

thanks very much for your feedback very very much appreciated

Hi hough, do u thing that your tactic can work in seria a with a middle team ( napoli, udiniese etcc)? couse i always found that is a league where you have to play quite defensive(or counter) always.

you'll never know till you try mate

Thank you for the quality formation Mr Hough has helped me win the League and Champions league with Arsenal now in second season and Van Persie is scoring for fun he has got 23 goals in 13 games. Looking forward to your next version will try and upload some pics for ya

Thank you for the quality formation Mr Hough has helped me win the League and Champions league with Arsenal now in second season and Van Persie is scoring for fun he has got 23 goals in 13 games. Looking forward to your next version will try and upload some pics for ya

ok excellent thanks brother

Mr Hough, you are a geneus,this is the only tactic what as worked for me since fm10 came out,im am using v3 and im usually championship teams or average prem teams,do you think v3 is the best version to use? when playing at home my teams usually control the game from start to finish but playing away from home i dont look as confident, in which this as resulted me been on the wrong end of a few 4-0 5-1 hammerings,any advice to help with this??

Cheers wes

Doesn't work at all with lower teams lose every game with Ipswich in the Premership.

ipswich in the prem isn't a lower team though it is????

i got promoted 1 season with middlesbrough then in my first season in the prem i finished 4th

you need to spend money and buy the players with the attributes that i've stated otherwise yeah you will lose

ipswich in the prem isn't a lower team though it is????

i got promoted 1 season with middlesbrough then in my first season in the prem i finished 4th

you need to spend money and buy the players with the attributes that i've stated otherwise yeah you will lose

I found it does work with lower teams as i finished 6th with sheff wed and other people have posted its working with lower teams as well ( i was 20th before i started using this tactic half way through season) but lost in playoff final.

The tactic is excellent my question was which version is better v1 v2 or v3??

I found it does work with lower teams as i finished 6th with sheff wed and other people have posted its working with lower teams as well ( i was 20th before i started using this tactic half way through season) but lost in playoff final.

The tactic is excellent my question was which version is better v1 v2 or v3??

i like version 3 best mate

i prefer V3 also but have noticed i struggle agaisnt teams playing 4-4-1-1 anyone else find this

yeah mate very much so, try OI instructions but not tight marking otherwise you'll leave spaces in the formation when players rush to tight mark

Hello Mr. Hough

Just wanted to say a quick thank you for this, it has worked very well. I've used it for Liverpool for almost an entire season (occassionally using my own tactic) and I have won the League, League Cup and ready for a Champions League Final. Only two defeats in the season and most of them were because of so many injuries.

The tweaked v3 one also works very well

it's working wonders for my arsenal team right now. played 10 games and 100 % wins so far, including 4-2 home against man utd, and 2-1 against valencia. i don't have players for all the attributes you mentioned though, but they are still doing good: 2nd season w/ arsenal my team looks like this:

--------------Adler ---------

Sagna, Sakho, Chiellini, Clichy

- -------Vukocevik - -------

----------Fabregas - --------

Gourcuff--------------van Persie

------Eduardo----Dzeko--------

Backup: Ochoa, Zapata, Otamendi, Eboue, Vargas, Mohammed Sissoko (loaned out camacho), Nasri, Vela

I also have a couple of good regens coming through. Only small problems so far; i can't bench fabregas, but he plays around 7.1-7.2 so far, which is a little below the first team average. The backline also seems to get outrun from time to time, but i can understand that as i don't use quicker players as you recommended

Anyways, thank you very much for sharing with us!

I finally went over the season finishing 1st with Lyon

Won the French cup and the league cup

went not so good in CL...

I beated Man utd 6-1 et lost 3-0 on away match

then i got beaten down by Barcelona... lost 2-3 at home and won 2-1 away but it wasn't enough... little bit disappointed the fact i went to Cl final the year before... Hope this year my team will make it!

thanks again!

I started a journeyman career with these tactics and tugs training. I started off with Bromley, got them promoted with 4 games to spare, I then went to Walsall had 6 games to go there and finished in 12th in League 1. I have now started the 2nd season and played 4 in the leage won 4.

Tranmere at home won 5-1

Sounthend away won 3-1

Charlton at home won 3-1

Bristol Rovers at home won 5-0

Leciester away in the league cup lost 2-0

Not bad at all considering I am predicted to finish 16th in the league. My strikers are scoring 90% of all the goals but I have only had since April 2010 at Walsall and it is now September. Lets hope I can keep the good form going.

I started a journeyman career with these tactics and tugs training. I started off with Bromley, got them promoted with 4 games to spare, I then went to Walsall had 6 games to go there and finished in 12th in League 1. I have now started the 2nd season and played 4 in the leage won 4.

Tranmere at home won 5-1

Sounthend away won 3-1

Charlton at home won 3-1

Bristol Rovers at home won 5-0

Leciester away in the league cup lost 2-0

Not bad at all considering I am predicted to finish 16th in the league. My strikers are scoring 90% of all the goals but I have only had since April 2010 at Walsall and it is now September. Lets hope I can keep the good form going.

lets hope so mate keep us posted thanks

right i'm back on the tactic making trail and have got a version 4 but i need some people to test it for me if you wanna add me on msn and i'll send it for testing

this is my second game with this new V4 tactic the opp isn't the best but it's the champions league so they can't be that bad

th_Chelseavsunirea.jpg

Is that using the 4-2-2-2 you mentioned mate?

I started a new game last night with Newcastle using your v3. I haven't played enough to report back but the early signs are very good, the team looks great going forward. I won every friendly including beating Velez Sarsfield and Werder Bremen in a friendly cup and 0-6 & 0-5 wins away to Coca Cola league clubs.

Drew away to WBA 1-1 in the league (they equalised with a disputed pen) then beat Reading 4-1 at home.

They only additions to the squad are Ebi Smolarek and Kevin Thomson (Rangers). Out went Alan Smith and Steve Harper (loan).

Krul

Simpson

Taylor

Collocini

Enrique

Barton

Thomson

Jonas

Lovenkrands

Ameobi

Smolarek

Is that using the 4-2-2-2 you mentioned mate?

I started a new game last night with Newcastle using your v3. I haven't played enough to report back but the early signs are very good, the team looks great going forward. I won every friendly including beating Velez Sarsfield and Werder Bremen in a friendly cup and 0-6 & 0-5 wins away to Coca Cola league clubs.

Drew away to WBA 1-1 in the league (they equalised with a disputed pen) then beat Reading 4-1 at home.

They only additions to the squad are Ebi Smolarek and Kevin Thomson (Rangers). Out went Alan Smith and Steve Harper (loan).

Krul

Simpson

Taylor

Collocini

Enrique

Barton

Thomson

Jonas

Lovenkrands

Ameobi

Smolarek

yeah it is coming along great just need to get the balence right in the team

i'm glad things are going better for you now

I have just started my 3rd Season as Spurs and used your tactic (v3), great start to a tough campaign.

Liverpool (a) won 2-0

Arsenal (h) drew 1-1

Man City (h) won 3-2

Very impressed so far! though like others I have noticed that the MC often doesn't perform that well. I have got Veloso in there and he is churning out 6.5's most games.

I have just started my 3rd Season as Spurs and used your tactic (v3), great start to a tough campaign.

Liverpool (a) won 2-0

Arsenal (h) drew 1-1

Man City (h) won 3-2

Very impressed so far! though like others I have noticed that the MC often doesn't perform that well. I have got Veloso in there and he is churning out 6.5's most games.

i'm working on a new tactic so hopefully this will sort out the issues people have

hey everyone ..I have read a few of the postings over the 1st 2 pages ..I want to give it a try.

Need some help however ...going to use it with Ajax.

can someone suggest OR mr Hough ...

could you offer me some assistance with what version I should try and also how many games do I need on average to see how the team gels with it.

Cheers

Struggling with a spurs save so thought i'd give this a go. 1st game, home vs arsenal, won 2-0, good start, 2nd game, away vs chelsea, a narrow 1-2 loss having been 1-0 up so not a bad start! 2 MOM performances too from aaron lennon so he likes the formation too. I'll keep going with it tonight and tomorrow and hope to start climbing the table. Good work Mr Hough

Using v3 btw on 10.0.0

Just 1 other thing to mention, in contrast to aaron lennon, Jermaine Defoe doesn't seem to like the tactic, but will keep persisting with him

right i'll give a few theings about my new tactic

the defence is very very deep drawibng the tem onto us and the counter attacking them on the break

also i have think i sorted the defence out to a certain extent with only allowing team to long shots with my defence being so deep i rarly get the through ball on the opp striker.

i have noticed this also the people i have let test it have to me the same thing

i'll keep you posted when it'll be ready

This seems to be a great tactic. I have a game as Wigan. In my first season somehow I managed to get them to 5th in the league. Then after about 10 games of the 2nd season I was really struggling so I decided to try this. I'm please to say the least.

Here are my results. I started using after the 3-3 draw with Man Utd. My record is P10 W9 D1 L0 F25 A

fixtures.png

I was 12th when I started using the tactic.

tablem.png

My most pleasing result.

arse.png

Overall this has (so far :)) worked really well. I don't seem to dominate possession quite so much at the moment but I have tweaked it a little. When I seem to be struggling increasing the tempo can make a huge difference. For example the stoke result (3-1 Away) I was 1-0 down and not playing great until the 70th min when I upped the tempo and I pounded them and scored 3 quality goals.

I shall continue and post my results at the end of the season.

Archived