1. 1. Which Version Do You THink Is Best

• Version 1
    • Version 2
    • Version 3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mr Hough,

Just a quick update, have just began the second half of my second season, and am using your tactic with the V3.2 tweaks suggested on page 7 of this thread. Only played a few games, but it seems promsing:

PSG (Armand, Milevskiy) 2 - 2 Marseille AET (PSG win 7-6 on pens): Completely dominated and deserved to win, created 26 shot, with 12 on target.

PSG (O.G, Erdinç) 2 - 0 Pau: French cup game, easy win for effectively my reserves.

Le Mans 1 - 4 PSG (Hoarau (3), Sakho): Wonderful away win. Wingers were fantastic and defence was relatively solid.

PSG (Sakho (2), Hoarau, Jadson) 4 - 0 US Boulogne: CCC's galore and another great win.

PSG (Sakho, Hoarau (2), Sessegnon) 4 - 1 Bordeaux: I've struggled against the top teams, so this is a sign of terrific progress - completely blew a team containing Gourcuff, Dzeko and Chamakh out the water.

Note: V 3.2 seems to improve the balance of the tactic. Counter attacking is quicker, midfield is sturdier, defence is less leaky, and it is still good going forward. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow and potentially winning the league (the amazing start to the New Year has put me top on goal difference over Lyon)

Hi mr hough

I'm middle of season with your v3 and my team is Lyon.

It's my this year now so i'v been able to buy gourcuff van der vaart gignac nijel de Jong and more tough guy. For now I'm top of my league, still in frecnh cup and qualified for French league cup final and for next round CL.

It's gonna be hard cause I'll be playing against Man united but I keep faith in your tactic which has been doing great fo now!

My two strikers gignac and lopez rock with your tactic. At the middle of season they have almost scored 30 goals each!

I'll post caps at the end of my season!

Very good job for now!

Still very early on with this tactic for me but very impressive so far. Playing with Liverpool i had a very good pre season scoring between 5-7 goals every game with one 0-0 being the exception. Also won the first 3 league games of the season 2nil, 4nil and 5nil, admitidley those games were against west ham, burnley and birmingham.

Lets hope it continues :)

Using V3 btw

Hello. I play with Lech Poznan (Polish Ekstraklasa) and in first season with v2 i dominated league very easily. In second season it work little bad but i have question about something other. You have ale options change individual to all players and for team so what change when i click from "offensive" to "defensive" in strategy because i don't see any change? I ask because in champions league i want play more deffensive because i lost all matches i know that i have worse team than roma or man u but with dinamo kiev or olympiakos i think i can get something but i can't.

Mr Hough, i noticed that in your tactics, the individual tackling instructions for every position is set to easy, is there any particular reason for setting it? from my understanding, easy tackling is not effective for teams which are mid table or below, perhaps making some adjustments to the individual tackling settings will be good.

Mr Hough, i noticed that in your tactics, the individual tackling instructions for every position is set to easy, is there any particular reason for setting it? from my understanding, easy tackling is not effective for teams which are mid table or below, perhaps making some adjustments to the individual tackling settings will be good.

try it mate let me know how it goes, i just set it too easy as that was i don't give away many penalties

You will also notice that although the players are set to 'easy' tacking, the team instructions state 'more aggressive'. Perhaps this is why it works so well?

You will also notice that although the players are set to 'easy' tacking, the team instructions state 'more aggressive'. Perhaps this is why it works so well?

just tried your tweaked version 3-3 draw against liverpool, can't complain at all with that gonna keep trying next up porto in the champions league play-off

just tried your tweaked version 3-3 draw against liverpool, can't complain at all with that gonna keep trying next up porto in the champions league play-off

I'm intrigued by the thinking behind your (wonderful) tactic Mr Hough. For example, what was the thinking with giving basically zero creative freedom to individual players but then setting to team instructions to be more creative freedom? Same with the tackling, easy for individuals but more agressive for the team instructions. And again with 'roaming' - set to 'no' for all individual players but the team instructions state 'more roaming'.

So many seemingly conflicting instructions which somehow work so well. What was the thinking behind setting the team up this way?

Using the v3 tactic for couple of games now, with succes. Just played FA cup 3rd round vs Hull City....I am Chelmsford City..playing BS Premier now 2nd season. I took a 2-1 lead up till minute 95...then they scored 2-2.

Offcourse they were better....but I hit lucky...6 Shots, 2 on target vs 13 shots, 5 on target (1 woodwork)

But I am very pleased with the result :D. Away I will probably get raped but who cares...

Other results:

H vs Bromley won 4-1 (BS Premier)

A vs Grays won 1-0 (FA Trophy 1st round)

A vs Altrincham won 2-1 (BS Premier)

A vs Mansfield won 3-1

H vs Hull City 2-2 (FA cup 3rd round)

A vs Grays 1-1 (BS Premier)

H vs Workington 6-0 (FA Trophy 2nd round)

Well..I just played Hull City in the replay...1-1 after 90 minutes :D

In extra time I came 3-1 behind but managed to score 3-2...then the Hull goalie saved 4 good shots...almost got to penalties.

I am happy with this tactic so far ;)

OMG? Hull result disappoint fans. Because of the number of chances they created.

24 shots, 10 on target for Hull....13 shots, 7 on target for me...BS premier club vs Premier League...come on!?

I'm intrigued by the thinking behind your (wonderful) tactic Mr Hough. For example, what was the thinking with giving basically zero creative freedom to individual players but then setting to team instructions to be more creative freedom? Same with the tackling, easy for individuals but more agressive for the team instructions. And again with 'roaming' - set to 'no' for all individual players but the team instructions state 'more roaming'.

So many seemingly conflicting instructions which somehow work so well. What was the thinking behind setting the team up this way?

because i think if the team instructions say one thing and individual say another thry are set in the middle so they do both

i know default will prob do this but i prefer it this way if you know what i mean

I try too, Although it's hard to find players with them all

In reply to this post and just in general i get really bored setting up my filters all the time looking for players, so if anyone want's the filters from the OP they are all here just extract in to Sports my docs>Interactive>fm 10>filters(if its not there make it)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a1cgfa3/n/filters.rar

Playing as Cardiff.

Just drew 0-0 away to Sheffield United, a decent result, the attack dosen't look too dangerous mind, every time I clear the ball there's no one up there, we did get some chances though.

Will test a few more games, every game makes it gel more so we'll see.

BTW: Version 3

Mate i have to say this is the best tactic I have used on FM 10 been using it since pre season, second season with Liverpool and it has produced amazing results. Here are some screenies.

Steven Gerrard

Central to everything about my team this season simply amazing from CM

8stevengerrard.th.png

Fernando Torres

After an averagish first season which was hampered with injury my no.9 has been sensational so far.

9fernandotorres3.th.png

Sergiy Kryvtsov

Didnt really play after signing him first season however, 2nd season he has been ever present and his goalscoring record for a centre back is nothing short of phenominal, all thanks to you corner routine.

17sergiykryvtsov6.th.png

Mr Hough...

Decided again to start a new Arsenal save using the tweaked V3.2

Went all out and bankrupted the club buying Chiellini, Zapata, Kryvtsov and Villa (!) to go with RVP up top (and well worth it, has 9 league goals in 5 league games, 12 goals in 8 games overall).

Currently unbeaten but having some rollercoaster rides already... coming back from 2-0 down against City at home to draw 2-2 in the first game of the season... leading liverpool 5-2 at Anfield but being pegged back to 5-5 after the standard AI super half-time teamtalk for Liverpool.

Only issue is with the DM and CM position. I have Song/Kryvtsov rotating (Song primarily, but Kryvtsov came in and stormed two games when Song was injured so he is starting for now). Obviously Fabregas is playing CM. But the team settins seem to favour the DM as the fulcrum of play as Song/Kryvtsov generally make at least double the amount of passes as Fabregas.

If I tick CM Fabregas as the primary playmaker is that likely to conflict with any instructions you've already set up with this tactic?

Mr Hough I love you and want your babies...

Here is my scenario...Got my beloved Saints promoted first season from Div1 but had spent 2 unsuccessful years in the CCC, 1st year lost last game of season and missed playoffs, 2nd season lost in playoff semi finals. So start my 3rd year in the CCC and the board want me promoted. Start of with my usual formation and get humped big time 5-0 away to Ipswich...Im thinking im going to get sacked if I carry on like this so decide to give your tactic a whirl...V3 to be precise.

Well...what can I say, currently 2nd after winning 6 on the bounce...coming up to xmas/new year period and hot on the arse of Bolton who are top.

Defensively great...which is a novelty for FM10. Strikers are performing but I have a question. Obviously I havent ze cash for a complete forward so does it harm the formation if I change him to a deep lying forward? I would give it a go but scared it will feck up my season ;)

Skint

Mr Hough...

Decided again to start a new Arsenal save using the tweaked V3.2

Went all out and bankrupted the club buying Chiellini, Zapata, Kryvtsov and Villa (!) to go with RVP up top (and well worth it, has 9 league goals in 5 league games, 12 goals in 8 games overall).

Currently unbeaten but having some rollercoaster rides already... coming back from 2-0 down against City at home to draw 2-2 in the first game of the season... leading liverpool 5-2 at Anfield but being pegged back to 5-5 after the standard AI super half-time teamtalk for Liverpool.

Only issue is with the DM and CM position. I have Song/Kryvtsov rotating (Song primarily, but Kryvtsov came in and stormed two games when Song was injured so he is starting for now). Obviously Fabregas is playing CM. But the team settins seem to favour the DM as the fulcrum of play as Song/Kryvtsov generally make at least double the amount of passes as Fabregas.

If I tick CM Fabregas as the primary playmaker is that likely to conflict with any instructions you've already set up with this tactic?

try it see if it works mate, thats all you can do really try it

Mr Hough I love you and want your babies...

Here is my scenario...Got my beloved Saints promoted first season from Div1 but had spent 2 unsuccessful years in the CCC, 1st year lost last game of season and missed playoffs, 2nd season lost in playoff semi finals. So start my 3rd year in the CCC and the board want me promoted. Start of with my usual formation and get humped big time 5-0 away to Ipswich...Im thinking im going to get sacked if I carry on like this so decide to give your tactic a whirl...V3 to be precise.

Well...what can I say, currently 2nd after winning 6 on the bounce...coming up to xmas/new year period and hot on the arse of Bolton who are top.

Defensively great...which is a novelty for FM10. Strikers are performing but I have a question. Obviously I havent ze cash for a complete forward so does it harm the formation if I change him to a deep lying forward? I would give it a go but scared it will feck up my season ;)

Skint

no i don't think it will matter to be honest, actully it could work as i see a deep lying forward droping deep to get the ball bringing the defender with him and this might leave space in the defence for the advanced forward to drop into

i have litrally just thought of this as i'm writing it (see how my mind works LOL)

Right People, I just want you lot to know that i'm constantly working to try and make the defence better as i know a few people have had issues with it.

It's just really quite hard to be honest as wheatever i change holes and gaps appear left,right and center the people eho have tried to change things will already know this

but i'm not gonna give and hopefully i can make a version 4 which will sort these defence issues out

if you guys need any help directly you can ask me on msn davehough_2007@hotmail.co.uk

I get the feeling that the teams forwards are absolutely vital to this formation. All the other players in my team are performing pretty well bar my **** poor strikers and I think they are where the problems lie for me using this tactic. There's no real money for transfers or loan fees and the wages are very tight too so there's not much I can do about it just now.

Into November now and here's my latest run of results:

Hearts 1-3 AEK Athens

Hearts 2-3 Falkirk

Rangers 2-1 Hearts

Motherwell 1-1 Hearts

AEK Athens 1-0 Hearts

I'm currently 6th (of 12) in the league having P9 W4 D3 L2 F14 A11.

My DC has scored 5 of my 14 league goals from set pieces.

As a test I might try to raise funds in January by selling an asset and see if I can bring in some quality up front.

I get the feeling that the teams forwards are absolutely vital to this formation. All the other players in my team are performing pretty well bar my **** poor strikers and I think they are where the problems lie for me using this tactic. There's no real money for transfers or loan fees and the wages are very tight too so there's not much I can do about it just now.

Into November now and here's my latest run of results:

Hearts 1-3 AEK Athens

Hearts 2-3 Falkirk

Rangers 2-1 Hearts

Motherwell 1-1 Hearts

AEK Athens 1-0 Hearts

I'm currently 6th (of 12) in the league having P9 W4 D3 L2 F14 A11.

My DC has scored 5 of my 14 league goals from set pieces.

As a test I might try to raise funds in January by selling an asset and see if I can bring in some quality up front.

it's a shame things aren't going to well for you mate.

i just thought i'd let you all know that i'm working on a complete new tactic and it's going well so far just testing it with games

it's a 4 2 2 2 tactic with 2 DCM to help the defence out alot more

it's a shame things aren't going to well for you mate.

i just thought i'd let you all know that i'm working on a complete new tactic and it's going well so far just testing it with games

it's a 4 2 2 2 tactic with 2 DCM to help the defence out alot more

I appreciate all your efforts in posting a tactic on this site mate.

I'm going to call it a day with Hearts using v3 though, I just can't get any consistency. I think it's more frustrating managing the team you support so might start again in England!

Here's the table halfway through the season. (media prediction 3rd and, except the forwards, I have better players than all other sides except Rangers and Celtic)

leauge.th.jpg

I'm going to call it a day with Hearts using v3 though, I just can't get any consistency. I think it's more frustrating managing the team you support so might start again in England!

Here's the table halfway through the season. (media prediction 3rd and, except the forwards, I have better players than all other sides except Rangers and Celtic)

leauge.th.jpg

I managed to get Lewandowski and Bojinov as my front two in the second season playing as Hearts and they've been doing wonders for me. First season was pretty rubbish though as Elliott and Witteveen up front wasn't good at all!

My defence still seems to be a bit suspect though as it's very rare for a clean sheet.

leauge.th.jpg

I've just moved back to V2 not having much joy with V3, worked for 4 games but then died on me.

I have to concede, I am useless with tactics. Even though I managed to get Rotherham United to the Premiership on 09, I never really got the hang of it, despite reading tt&f millions of times.

Started on 2010 with Rotherham again, and I was terrible. Decided to throw in the towel and try other people's tactics and this tactic is working wonders!

The only observation I will have is maybe decreasing the defensive line slightly in the lower leagues, as the opposition seem to get in behind a lot, although I realise that will compromise the possession somewhat.

But don't take that seriously as as I mentioned I am terrible with tactics!

currently using tweaked 3.2 and defense is just terrible, i know defense is generally broken currently in match engine.

but im playing roma in 4th season.. first 2 seasons played leeds, in middle of the third i took over roma after getting job offer, they were at 9th spot, got them to third by the end of the season, won euro cup , all while using v2, but half of the victories fell like luck..

attempted to try v3, cant say i was impressed went straight to 3.2 and its still somewhat terrible , being on of best teams, currently first in league , but well, i doubt that gonna last.. , im leaking so many goals its scary.. juventus leaked like 6 goals in 12-15 games.. cant recall exact number.. me around 20-30 already.. and im first in league.. with defenders costing 50mln..

main flaws for this formation is, that its based on wingers , its the wingers who are supposed to win you a game,

middle is weak, strikers are cut off.. half of the attacks ends with banging the wall with no way to break it.. wingers setup is terrible, i went into shock when i saw that wingers have crossing set to minimal, there been so many times i did wonder why didnt he cross. that was sure goal.. i never thought it could be on minimal but it is..

wingers are supposed to be your playmakers.. having them set on minimal renders them useless.. i can have whole team scoring 7+ rating every game.. but my wingers will never go above 6.8 apart few games where they score or get assist.. same goes for strikers.. one of them usually will have rating as low as 5.8, cuz they are useless

my top scorer is mexes.. a defender.. hes probably best cd currently and corner setup is awesome.. but thats not how it should be

possession is useless. just had game with milan, attemped to take ss but for some reason game didn't came out of alttab.. wtb less crashing in game..

it was just another game with 60+ possession.. and like 4 attempts..

milan had like 30+ possesion.. and 24 attempts.. its safe to say i lost.. and there been many of games like this.. i got used to the point where enemy will have more attempts than me.. who cares if i control half of the game..

those are just general points , wingers needs to be addressed, same for strikers, they need higher tempo more freedom,

i will try few things my self, but im clearly not that good as you at making tactics

currently using tweaked 3.2 and defense is just terrible, i know defense is generally broken currently in match engine.

but im playing roma in 4th season.. first 2 seasons played leeds, in middle of the third i took over roma after getting job offer, they were at 9th spot, got them to third by the end of the season, won euro cup , all while using v2, but half of the victories fell like luck..

attempted to try v3, cant say i was impressed went straight to 3.2 and its still somewhat terrible , being on of best teams, currently first in league , but well, i doubt that gonna last.. , im leaking so many goals its scary.. juventus leaked like 6 goals in 12-15 games.. cant recall exact number.. me around 20-30 already.. and im first in league.. with defenders costing 50mln..

main flaws for this formation is, that its based on wingers , its the wingers who are supposed to win you a game,

middle is weak, strikers are cut off.. half of the attacks ends with banging the wall with no way to break it.. wingers setup is terrible, i went into shock when i saw that wingers have crossing set to minimal, there been so many times i did wonder why didnt he cross. that was sure goal.. i never thought it could be on minimal but it is..

wingers are supposed to be your playmakers.. having them set on minimal renders them useless.. i can have whole team scoring 7+ rating every game.. but my wingers will never go above 6.8 apart few games where they score or get assist.. same goes for strikers.. one of them usually will have rating as low as 5.8, cuz they are useless

my top scorer is mexes.. a defender.. hes probably best cd currently and corner setup is awesome.. but thats not how it should be

possession is useless. just had game with milan, attemped to take ss but for some reason game didn't came out of alttab.. wtb less crashing in game..

milan had like 30+ possesion.. and 24 attempts.. its safe to say i lost.. and there been many of games like this.. i got used to the point where enemy will have more attempts than me.. who cares if i control half of the game..

those are just general points , wingers needs to be addressed, same for strikers, they need higher tempo more freedom,

i will try few things my self, but im clearly not that good as you at making tactics

You have made some good points here, especially with the wingers and strikers. You will find however that if you change their settings the whole balance of the team can fcuk up fairly quickly. I noticed the same things and made a few small changes which i have noticed have made a positive difference. You can find the details on an earlier post from me.

Quick note on the wingers, although they are set to cross rarely, with a little more creative freedom they will still cross the ball but it is EXACTLY these settings which help the wingers to cut in and outnumber the opposition defenders leading to scoring opportnites.

I have to concede, I am useless with tactics. Even though I managed to get Rotherham United to the Premiership on 09, I never really got the hang of it, despite reading tt&f millions of times.

Started on 2010 with Rotherham again, and I was terrible. Decided to throw in the towel and try other people's tactics and this tactic is working wonders!

The only observation I will have is maybe decreasing the defensive line slightly in the lower leagues, as the opposition seem to get in behind a lot, although I realise that will compromise the possession somewhat.

But don't take that seriously as as I mentioned I am terrible with tactics!

i couldn't stress this enough if you think these things will work try them if the don't go back to the original

these tactics are great base tactics on there own but will need tweaking here and there for certain teams

if you feel that you need to do it

You have made some good points here, especially with the wingers and strikers. You will find however that if you change their settings the whole balance of the team can fcuk up fairly quickly. I noticed the same things and made a few small changes which i have noticed have made a positive difference. You can find the details on an earlier post from me.

Quick note on the wingers, although they are set to cross rarely, with a little more creative freedom they will still cross the ball but it is EXACTLY these settings which help the wingers to cut in and outnumber the opposition defenders leading to scoring opportnites.

there is no outnumber,, how can you outnumber 8 ppl with 4.. on 80 % counter attacks winger wont cross.. resulting in good opportunity loss.. in slow attacks.. they will just dance around.. in the end result is ****..as they have 8 ppl defending, moving in usually doesnt help since half of the shots already get blocked by someone

they wont cut in fast in counter attack either.. they will run all the way to corner line.. then they will get blocked for cross. drible around it.. will get inside.. will get blocked by another defender, and will pass back to fullback.. then its either all over again.. or some terribad cross.. or attack goes to mid.. where its bad as there is 1-2 mid guys

so its hardly any good.. my wingers score 3% of my goals at best.. they create probably just 5% too.. they are useless with those settings

well clearly i ain't good at making tactics am i cos look at all the points you just made

there is no outnumber,, how can you outnumber 8 ppl with 4.. on 80 % counter attacks winger wont cross.. resulting in good opportunity loss.. in slow attacks.. they will just dance around.. in the end result is ****..as they have 8 ppl defending, moving in usually doesnt help since half of the shots already get blocked by someone

they wont cut in fast in counter attack either.. they will run all the way to corner line.. then they will get blocked for cross. drible around it.. will get inside.. will get blocked by another defender, and will pass back to fullback.. then its either all over again.. or some terribad cross.. or attack goes to mid.. where its bad as there is 1-2 mid guys

so its hardly any good.. my wingers score 3% of my goals at best.. they create probably just 5% too.. they are useless with those settings

if you don't like the way they are set why don't you change them yourself

or better yet make 3 tactics and let us scrutinise them like you have with mine

Mate, how about you change a few things you think aren't working and then upload them here for us to test? If you iron out these problems then great. I made a few changes myself, which i have found helped - you can see these in an earlier post.

On a side note, how many games have you played? I found it took a while for my new players especially to adapt to this tactic.

I still believe this is the best tactic currently available and i applaud Mr Hough for the time and effort spent creating them.

Mate, how about you change a few things you think aren't working and then upload them here for us to test? If you iron out these problems then great. I made a few changes myself, which i have found helped - you can see these in an earlier post.

On a side note, how many games have you played? I found it took a while for my new players especially to adapt to this tactic.

I still believe this is the best tactic currently available and i applaud Mr Hough for the time and effort spent creating them.

thanks man, i think some people don't realise how hard it is to make tactics and how much time it takes to get them right.

i mean if it was easy everybody would be doing it right?

Archived