The Frustration Of FM 2010!! Crash Dump Error Galore!!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second is the 'memory crash.' Basically we've had a fair few people comment about this, the majority of issues are caused by people just loading up too many players in the db and too many leagues. Running a big game will put pressure on your systems memory capabilities, and then when the 3D match engine loads, those demands will of course increase.

Thanks.

I am running with a lot of players/leagues active but I have 8gig installed ram with windows 7 64bit. I look at memory usage occasionally and it is sometimes upto 1.8gig but usually around 1.5gig (memory usage is the same after the 3D match engine is loaded once as it never unloads as far as I can tell).

I generally crash after about 2 hours play shortly after going to the match screen but I have had 1 solitary example of windows sort of catching the error instead of going straight to a crash dump - it came up with a message saying that memory was running low and it had to close the application - unfortunately it closed FM2010 before I could check what the memory usage was upto.

I am running with a lot of players/leagues active but I have 8gig installed ram with windows 7 64bit. I look at memory usage occasionally and it is sometimes upto 1.8gig but usually around 1.5gig (memory usage is the same after the 3D match engine is loaded once as it never unloads as far as I can tell).

I generally crash after about 2 hours play shortly after going to the match screen but I have had 1 solitary example of windows sort of catching the error instead of going straight to a crash dump - it came up with a message saying that memory was running low and it had to close the application - unfortunately it closed FM2010 before I could check what the memory usage was upto.

I'm exactly the same, plenty of memory and using the same setup FM09 ran fine on. I run a large number of leagues for career games, I can't do that on FM10.

What I've heard the problem is, is that 32bit programs won't use more than 2Gb of memory and when FM10 gets close to that it just shuts off.

Please, please, please can we have a 64bit version SI.

Right there are two separate issues here. The first is a 'tactics' screen crash - we've got an idea what's causing this and are working on it.

The second is the 'memory crash.' Basically we've had a fair few people comment about this, the majority of issues are caused by people just loading up too many players in the db and too many leagues. Running a big game will put pressure on your systems memory capabilities, and then when the 3D match engine loads, those demands will of course increase.

We suggest making sure all your graphic card drivers are up to date and follow everything Matt has suggested above (this can help), try not to run massive games with huge databases and making sure in your preferences you have auto-save on Incremental and the game saving weekly.

Turning off sounds and 3D will reduce the demands on systems, but obviously this isn't an ideal scenario. We are looking into it of course, but for now I can only recommend keeping your game sizes down, even if you think your machine is a beast. We'll try to keep you updated where we can and I promise you we are not ignoring these issues.

Thanks.

You also always get a crash dump error if while viewing a player's page, you try to set up a search/filter with this player's characteristics.

I'm exactly the same, plenty of memory and using the same setup FM09 ran fine on. I run a large number of leagues for career games, I can't do that on FM10.

What I've heard the problem is, is that 32bit programs won't use more than 2Gb of memory and when FM10 gets close to that it just shuts off.

Please, please, please can we have a 64bit version SI.

Well, a 64-bit version of the game will not come out for at least 3 years! That is what SI has stated.

• Administrators
You also always get a crash dump error if while viewing a player's page, you try to set up a search/filter with this player's characteristics.

Have not been able to get this to reproduce internally, are you running the patch and have you have got a save game which shows this? If so, please upload it to our FTP and I'll take a look. Thanks.

Have not been able to get this to reproduce internally, are you running the patch and have you have got a save game which shows this? If so, please upload it to our FTP and I'll take a look. Thanks.

Yes fully patched, it is a Steam version. I'll check and see if I can send you the files.

Well, a 64-bit version of the game will not come out for at least 3 years! That is what SI has stated.

Guess I'll have to wait until then before buying FM again. It's a memory intensive game and long career games use the most memory and since I always run long career games what's the pointing in playing FM if I can't do that?

Have the same problem too. Game crashes randomly during i browsing menu after some time of playing, going to make sub during the match, go continue etc. - I just press and SERIOUS ERROR was...

I turnde the soud off, not using skin cashe , drivers are up to date.

My specs is E8400 4gb ram and ati 4870 512 mb

Please fix it...:(

I don't know if this is of any help but this is my experience so far....

1. a couple of days ago i received a dangerously low memory error and d game shutdown automatically. it was quite clear that it was a memory leak as when i looked at the task manager d game was taking 1.5 gb of memory. to avoid such unexpected shutdown i kept an eye on my memory nd each time it got over 1.2gb i saved, closed nd re-opened d game (usually after around 8 hrs of play)

2. following the above, around 2 days ago i started receiving the crash dump errors at inconsistent stages of d game, so i ended up saving more frequently nd decided to install the patch. after d installation i still got d same crash dump errors, therefore it didnt make any real difference. started experiencing these errors around 3/4 of my second season

3. today: im during d transfer season starting my 3rd season. i noticed that i'm getting the crash dump error each time i access the finances of my team(barcelona), this happened for 4 times in a row; 3rd nd 4th where intentional to confirm that it was actually d finances section.

im running 2 leagues from 1 nation with a medium database, i believe its something around 8000 players. 3d engine is switched off, sound switched off nd unticked skin cache just in case but i didnt make any difference.

my specs: quad core q8200, 4gb memory nd 1gb 9800 gt video card. OS: windows 7 32bit

hope this helps in some way

Right there are two separate issues here. The first is a 'tactics' screen crash - we've got an idea what's causing this and are working on it.

We suggest making sure all your graphic card drivers are up to date and follow everything Matt has suggested above (this can help), try not to run massive games with huge databases and making sure in your preferences you have auto-save on Incremental and the game saving weekly.

Turning off sounds and 3D will reduce the demands on systems, but obviously this isn't an ideal scenario. We are looking into it of course, but for now I can only recommend keeping your game sizes down, even if you think your machine is a beast. We'll try to keep you updated where we can and I promise you we are not ignoring these issues.

Thanks.

I keep getting crash dumps now at the start of the 3rd season(Between the 6th-9th july) Its not happening when i am on the match screen so i don't think it is to do with memory usage.

Just happens at random,It could happen when i click continue or when i click on a players profile.

I have the latest directx, My graphics drivers are up to date.

I am even running less league than the setup advised. (England League 2 and Higher and Spanish Liga BBVA and I have not loaded any players from any nation)

Computer Performance was : 4 stars

Estimated Game Speed was : 4 and a bit stars.

I bought this computer not long after FM09 come out so its not even a year old.

I have played FM09 with alot more leagues setup & loaded alot of players up from 9 or 10 different nations and never had 1 crash dump ever.

My system specs are:

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339)
          Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
      System Model: FR434AA-ABU a6612uk
              BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
         Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4450e (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
            Memory: 2046MB RAM
         Page File: 1125MB used, 3204MB available
      DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode
[b]Display Devices[/b]      
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3450
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
       Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x95C5)
        DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
      Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C5&SUBSYS_11811462&REV_00
  Display Memory: 1020 MB
Dedicated Memory: 253 MB
   Shared Memory: 767 MB
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
         Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
     Driver Name: atidxx32.dll,atidxx64,atiumdag.dll,atiumdva.cap,atiumd64,atiumd6a,atitmm64
  Driver Version: 7.15.0010.0176 (English)
     DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/28/2009 21:13:16, 2391552 bytes

I can't play in window mode either, I could try the force windowed mode. But i hate having scroll bars every where and having to scroll down to read everything.

Well gutted, Was enjoying playing this save. I have still got FM09 installed on my PC could that be anything to do with it, Conflicting or something?

i have the same thing.running one league,spanish primera,all fine until around 23 july 2011,between 2nd and 3rd season.this is devastating,it wont work at all.i installed game with disc and the patch manually.what is going on?this needs fixing,it appears i am far from alone with this problem!!!

I do have a lot of additional leagues active, but that really shouldn't cause a problem. The processing times are still very fast, and I can clearly see I have tons of RAM remaining. There are no clashes with the additional leagues, and I have tested all of them individually.

In full-screen mode it almost always says low on memory at some point, and forces me to close, usually during games. When in reality about half of my RAM is being use, at most.

In windowed mode it crashes before almost every game. It also crashes when I click the tactics button during a game, but not always. I always click the tactics button as soon as the match kicks off, and if it loads fine at that point then I have no problems later during that match. This is usually followed by a crash when I reach the next match. It's basically impossible for me to progress more than two matches at a time without having to load the game up again.

Specs:

Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 2), 64-bit

AMD Phenom II X4 955 (Quad-Core) Processor, 3.21GHz

8GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4800

These nonsensical issues have really ruined FM for me this year. Any help is very welcome.

And before you suggest, I always turn off the sound. And I prefer to play in windowed mode.

In my first match of the full version of the game, I got an application error message when trying to get back to the match after opening a player profile in the tactics screen. Then I installed FM on my laptop and exactly the same thing happened. So this should be avoided. And it has got nothing to do with any preferences or database sizes or things like that.

8 crash dumbs in 2 two days with various saves nothing edited, or tool used, got 1 in the last 4 versions of this game rofl who said polished:O
I do have a lot of additional leagues active, but that really shouldn't cause a problem. The processing times are still very fast, and I can clearly see I have tons of RAM remaining. There are no clashes with the additional leagues, and I have tested all of them individually.

In full-screen mode it almost always says low on memory at some point, and forces me to close, usually during games. When in reality about half of my RAM is being use, at most.

In windowed mode it crashes before almost every game. It also crashes when I click the tactics button during a game, but not always. I always click the tactics button as soon as the match kicks off, and if it loads fine at that point then I have no problems later during that match. This is usually followed by a crash when I reach the next match. It's basically impossible for me to progress more than two matches at a time without having to load the game up again.

Specs:

Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 2), 64-bit

AMD Phenom II X4 955 (Quad-Core) Processor, 3.21GHz

8GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4800

These nonsensical issues have really ruined FM for me this year. Any help is very welcome.

And before you suggest, I always turn off the sound. And I prefer to play in windowed mode.

it just keeps coming up with crash dump error then shuts fm down!!

For clarity, and from my experience last year and this - the vast majority of crashes are caused by driver incompatibilities or errors, rather than the issue that some people are seeing.

Update your graphics card drivers and sound card drivers. Update DirectX and Java. This is making a difference for a huge number of people so it's worth investigating.

I manage a CRM Database at work, and I run stacks of User Acceptance Testing sessions week in, week out on a pretty huge, complicated database, so I'm totally aware that there are bound to be some problems with a game of this complexity, but the constant Serious Error -Crash Dumps are really annoying. The game seems very unstable. Is anything being done about this?

Also, they are all just a bit too minor to moan about, but there are LOTS of little bugs in the game that you would think the testing teams would have picked up on before release and, if not, they should have at least seen them for the first patch.

Oh, and the damn transfer thing. When is something going to be done about that?

Like I said, all the other little bugs are just slightly annoying. I've still been enjoying the game immensely. But the inability to get ANYONE remotely interested in good players for transfer totally ruins the game, because it stops the user being able to rebuild their team.

Like many, I'm managing Newcastle. I can understand no-one going for Butt, Barton, Geremi. But Enrique, Jonas, and Colocinni, all listed for about 10% of their value? Come on - seriously. Totally unrealistic, and a real show stopper gameplay-wise.

I know threads get closed for mentioning it, but if this sort of thing were happening on the database I manage at work, I would be asking the software house for...wait for it...a 'fix'...delivered in the form of a...here it is...PATCH!

Excellent to be blaming the testers - it's been a while.

Crash Dumps are being looked at as some of them seem to be related to memory problems - however, in my experience the majority of them are solved by;

- Updating your graphics and sound drivers.

- Updating DirectX.

- Updating Java.

- Running in windowed mode.

- Not overdoing it in terms of the number of leagues / players you're loading.

I'm not blaming anyone, I just think a few really major issues have been missed, and that seems to be backed up by players on the forum. It is far from just being me mentioning these problems. If my testing team at work missed serious problems, they would expect to be questioned on it and have to say why.

I've done all of the above things you've suggested, Matt, so I am at a bit of a loss.

Like I said, loving the game in general, but I've had 4 crash dumps, and can't flog any players, which is kind've ruining it...

Fully sympathise with anyone suffering crash dumps, buut I've not had one yet and I got the game on release day

Well, I had 2 crash dumps and thankfully, one of them was solved by SI! Thanks for the help! That particular crash dump prevented me from moving on to the next day!! :D

Fully sympathise with anyone suffering crash dumps, buut I've not had one yet and I got the game on release day

I've got one in about two weeks of playing. So, while I'm sorry for the people who get a lot of them, this is not nearly as universal of an issue as some make it.

I also find it hard to be majorly sympathetic on this, since I have had no crashes at all. In fact I can only ever remember having a single crash on any version of FM.

I realise that this is not in any way helpful to the OP, but just wanted to show that the problem is not quite as bad as some people make out.

Yeah, I just read through this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=161196 and was amazed by the amount of people experiencing it. I myself haven't had a single crash issue in about 4 yrs of playing FM (probably some sort of record), but I do notice the resources slowing being drained. Goes from 600mb to 1gb in about 20 minutes of playing...

Excellent to be blaming the testers - it's been a while.

Crash Dumps are being looked at as some of them seem to be related to memory problems

Marketing not your first career choice?

Does the game still crash whenever I am using the internet for something other than sending you lot data on advertising hoardings?

Ofcourse you would never advise turning those off.

If 3 out of 5 solutions for a Crash Dump involve updating Graphics Drivers, Graphics Platforms and Java graphics virtual machines then I should probably save up my FM10 cash for an Xbox with PES.

Perhaps you could lower the tone of your lashings of customers the next time you offer advice Mister Marketing? We do pay your wages.

Marketing not your first career choice?

Does the game still crash whenever I am using the internet for something other than sending you lot data on advertising hoardings?

Ofcourse you would never advise turning those off.

If 3 out of 5 solutions for a Crash Dump involve updating Graphics Drivers, Graphics Platforms and Java graphics virtual machines then I should probably save up my FM10 cash for an Xbox with PES.

Perhaps you could lower the tone of your lashings of customers the next time you offer advice Mister Marketing? We do pay your wages.

wow.... someone's having a bad day....

wow.... someone's having a bad day....

You mean a low tolerance for abusive posts by SI employees in reply to valid criticism.

There is nothing more distasteful than a knee-jerk, reactionary response to a perceived knee-jerk, reactionary criticism. Especially not when such a reply comes from the SI "Marketing Bloke".

One would assume that the position comes with a deep understanding of "taste" but one would quite obviously be incorrect.

You mean a low tolerance for abusive posts by SI employees in reply to valid criticism.

There is nothing more distasteful than a knee-jerk, reactionary response to a perceived knee-jerk, reactionary criticism. Especially not when such a reply comes from the SI "Marketing Bloke".

One would assume that the position comes with a deep understanding of "taste" but one would quite obviously be incorrect.

Erm, I don't think I agree that my criticism was 'knee-jerk' or 'reactionary'. I have been playing for a few weeks now, and have had a lot of problems. I have documented these problems (empirical evidence), and added to the forums where appropriate. The two major problems I'm having - crash dumps and a near total inability to sell a single player - are very real, and SI games don't really seem to be responding to either with much more than I often get from the software house who produce the database I use at work:

"It's correct functionality"

"It's your PC"

"It doesn't exist - you're making it up"

or the SI classic...

"It correctly mimics real life"

Regarding tetchy Sega people - at least I got a response on this one! I don't normally. Unless I'm getting told off for swearing (once)! And yes - I'd expect a bit more of a constructive, helpful response, but it doesn't seem to happen too much on here, in my experience...

I also find it hard to be majorly sympathetic on this, since I have had no crashes at all. In fact I can only ever remember having a single crash on any version of FM.

I realise that this is not in any way helpful to the OP, but just wanted to show that the problem is not quite as bad as some people make out.

Good for you, lad. I'm genuinely happy for you that you haven't had problems, but these sort of posts are a bit like a married bloke going onto a singles site and posting stuff about how great married life is and how it must suck to be single!! It's not very helpful to the poor bloke looking for a missus, is it?! ; )

Im guessing here, so feel free to ignore anything after reading this. :p

I think the game is crash free as-is out of the box so to speak. I believe 99% of crashes are a result of 1: Crappy user files: player pictures, logos etc or 2: Drivers/OS Updates.

I have no knowledge about mac's so my above speculations may very well be completly useless to you :p

Im guessing here, so feel free to ignore anything after reading this. :p

I think the game is crash free as-is out of the box so to speak. I believe 99% of crashes are a result of 1: Crappy user files: player pictures, logos etc or 2: Drivers/OS Updates.

I have no knowledge about mac's so my above speculations may very well be completly useless to you :p

Its fresh out the box dude, thanks for trying I'm thinking of just giving up i bought it 3 weeks ago and can't get past pre season..... FM2010 sucks for me so far.

Archived