[PSP] FMH10 Bugs/Issue Reporting Thread

• SI Staff
yeh I had about 6 red cards in league all rejected appeals and 3 in europe all lifted so no point appealing for another year

:thdn:

Don't appeal cards wily nilly - that'll make the governing bodies think of you as a whinger and simply ignore your complaints.

Wait for a card which is VITAL (ie. a player going to miss a final) or better still one which is mentioned as being harsh or unfair in the commentary - then appeal ... then you'll find your 'hit rate' for such things much better generally.

(it also helps a little if you're at a big club also, unfair in some ways but realistic I'm afraid)

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you could answer any of the following it would be great:

1. Which team you were managing at the time?

2. Which news item was selected when the game froze?

3. Do you have a save game from before the freeze?

1. West Ham

2. Board Confidence Update(Strangely enough, BCU at the time it froze showed me this" the board feels that its not the right time to comment on your performance yet"), even though i have been managing the team for awhile now. This was fixed on subsequent loadups

3.Only the autosave, cant remember which month though, sorry.

:mad:AMAZINGLY SHOCKINGLY FUSTRATING!!!!. here's why. I've just won the league and reached the cup final in my second season in my West Ham save. And what happens? You guessed it! when I try to load the game, it just freezes at the "Restoring Game Data" screen then the PSP shuts down. So im ****ed right now. Then it happens again! this time when I try the Brazillian league with a team in the second division(cant remember its name now). Exact same thing happens here. Fortunately its 3rd time lucky... or maybe not, that now i'm doing an A-League save and it hasnt happened... yet...! HEY DEVS!WTH IS THIS HAPPENING?!

:mad:AMAZINGLY SHOCKINGLY FUSTRATING!!!!. here's why. I've just won the league and reached the cup final in my second season in my West Ham save. And what happens? You guessed it! when I try to load the game, it just freezes at the "Restoring Game Data" screen then the PSP shuts down. So im ****ed right now. Then it happens again! this time when I try the Brazillian league with a team in the second division(cant remember its name now). Exact same thing happens here. Fortunately its 3rd time lucky... or maybe not, that now i'm doing an A-League save and it hasnt happened... yet...! HEY DEVS!WTH IS THIS HAPPENING?!

Hi Jason. I've PMed you my email address. If you can email me the faulty saves I'll be able to find out why this is happening.

i'm afraid i've found another bug!

i've won the belgian competition 3 times in a row now, but i'm not getting any manager points for this?

and when i've whon the playoffs, it never says anything like 'the board is delighted...' or something of the fans,... nothing

it just sais 'kv mechelen have qualified from the pro league playoffs'

not normal is it?

and when you're not playing the playoffs, you're doing nothing from march till the new season. (this is not how it's in real life !!!!)

Cheers

if you've been around lately you know how annoying i've been going up and down the forums asking for a save with Sugar Daddy unlocked. well so far i've tried to load onto my psp 3 different saves that claim to have it unlocked and always get this message at the title screen:

Warning

Preferences file corrupted.

Would you like to create a new preferences file?

i find it odd that someone else's save won't work--i have a copy of my original save folder on my desktop and whenever i replace a 'corrupt' one it is recognized by my game. Marc, know what's wrong?

• SI Staff
i find it odd that someone else's save won't work--i have a copy of my original save folder on my desktop and whenever i replace a 'corrupt' one it is recognized by my game. Marc, know what's wrong?

This is the first time I've heard of anyone having any issues transferring these around with that error message (normally people just have issues in working out where to put them), if there anything 'unusual' about your setup which might be causing the file to corrupt?

(things I'm thinking of are say - is your computer a Mac and possibly changing the 'endian' nature of the file at some point or something along those lines?)

This is the first time I've heard of anyone having any issues transferring these around with that error message (normally people just have issues in working out where to put them), if there anything 'unusual' about your setup which might be causing the file to corrupt?

(things I'm thinking of are say - is your computer a Mac and possibly changing the 'endian' nature of the file at some point or something along those lines?)

nope, i have a PC and i'm not doing anything else apart from moving the 'CFG' folder to the PSP>SAVEDATA folder.

I reckon it could be your memory card? did you buy it from ebay? loads of fakes on there, I've been caught out before.

best way to tell a genuine mem card is to check it is MagicGateTM supported;

on your PSP, go to the mem stick icon under 'game' and press triangle, then select information, it will either say supported or unknown

try that and report back

There seems to be a problem when scrolling through long fixture/ result lists in competitions which have a group stage such as the Euro cup and World/Euro champs nations qualifying. Press and hold the 'down' directional key and the scrolling stops before you get to the end of the list of games. You have to press the 'up' key a couple of times and then you can scroll down to the bottom again. Can people try it to see if they have the same issue. I have the latest software. This isn't an issue in FMH2009.

I reckon it could be your memory card? did you buy it from ebay? loads of fakes on there, I've been caught out before.

best way to tell a genuine mem card is to check it is MagicGateTM supported;

on your PSP, go to the mem stick icon under 'game' and press triangle, then select information, it will either say supported or unknown

try that and report back

yeah, it says 'Supported.' bought it directly from a Sony store.

tomorrow morning i'll be posting a downloadable version of my 4-5-1 in its thread, someone please try that out and tell me if it works/says 'corrupted?'

It happened again...zzz.I've almost given up the game with all the crashes happening..(load game failed,Freezes at restoring game data).

There seems to be a problem when scrolling through long fixture/ result lists in competitions which have a group stage such as the Euro cup and World/Euro champs nations qualifying. Press and hold the 'down' directional key and the scrolling stops before you get to the end of the list of games. You have to press the 'up' key a couple of times and then you can scroll down to the bottom again. Can people try it to see if they have the same issue. I have the latest software. This isn't an issue in FMH2009.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A work around is to use the analog stick to immediately scroll to the bottom/top of a list.

ive just started my 2nd season and have put 36 players up for loan and for all but 4 of these players the same 4 clubs tried to loan all of them and all 4 teams were premier league teams who can only loan 1 player from another premiership team. Could this be a bug?

Players loaned out in scotland still play against you and score against you :mad:

After noticing this happening far too much I looked back through my season results as Rangers manager and ALL 8 young / fringe players that I loaned out this season scored against me. It must be a bug, Hope this can be fixed for next year also although I did post this in the 2009 bugs thread aswell and it still happens in this years game. :thdn:

In the Brazilian league if you win the Copa Libertadores and the Copa Sudamericana in one season you play against yourself in the following seasons Recopa Cup. Obviously, whatever the result you always win the cup.

Also, when my team was scouted before the game the info was incorrect. It stated I played a 442 balanced when I had always been playing a 433 attacking?

Just got to the CL semi final in my 2nd season. Got to the match of the 1st leg and when ive went to play the game i have 20 players away on international duty ( I have a squad of 63 with 32 of these being youngsters out on loan) this giving me 16 first team players to pick for the game and to make matters worse my 3 gks in the first team are away AND the 2 youngsters that i have loaned out are away as well this not giving me the option of recalling one this meaning out of 5 gks in my squad i do not have 1 to choose to start the game. So my team for an important game will consist of 2x DRC, 2x DL, 1x DRLC, 1xAMLC, 1xDMC, 2xAMRC, 1xMC, 1xDC, 1xAMRL, 1xAMC, 1xAM/SC and 2XSC! yes i have been given a grey GK who is absolutely terrible wouldnt even get in a BSP team his stats are that bad.

This really needs looking at for next years game, I thought all of this had been sorted in last years game compared to a few years ago when this would happen quite often!

If anyone at SI is interested I have saved the game at the point where Im about to try and send a team out to play against Kiev ( who have previously beat me twice with my full strength team in the group stages) if you would like to have a copy of it!

Does anyone else feel there was a massive lack of in-house testing again this year?

Was the game released to allow the paying public to point out the bugs, which are then ignored anyway?

All that seems to happen is more features are crammed in at the expense of making the game totally playable by removing the identified exisitng errors.

Surely ironing out the problems is more important than making any other changes? I guess SI don't feel this way.

Shame. :(

Does anyone else feel there was a massive lack of in-house testing again this year?

Was the game released to allow the paying public to point out the bugs, which are then ignored anyway?

All that seems to happen is more features are crammed in at the expense of making the game totally playable by removing the identified exisitng errors.

Surely ironing out the problems is more important than making any other changes? I guess SI don't feel this way.

Shame. :(

unfortunately I've gotten the exact same feeling about this years release, which is surprising considering all the talk of polish in the new features announcements.

In my opinion FMH could have been a truly great game but clearly enough testing was not done this year, perhaps there just arent enough people working on FMH.

Just found another in the same game as mentioned above!

Signed Ribery on a Bosman in January got to July of the next season then realisex that Ribery hadnt signed for me yet checked his contract status and it still said will join Man Utd at the end of his contract BUT when i checked his contract expiry date it was July 2016! he had signed a new contract with Bayern AFTER he had agreed to sign for me! This happened several times to me in last years game as well

Just got to the CL semi final in my 2nd season. Got to the match of the 1st leg and when ive went to play the game i have 20 players away on international duty ( I have a squad of 63 with 32 of these being youngsters out on loan) this giving me 16 first team players to pick for the game and to make matters worse my 3 gks in the first team are away AND the 2 youngsters that i have loaned out are away as well this not giving me the option of recalling one this meaning out of 5 gks in my squad i do not have 1 to choose to start the game. So my team for an important game will consist of 2x DRC, 2x DL, 1x DRLC, 1xAMLC, 1xDMC, 2xAMRC, 1xMC, 1xDC, 1xAMRL, 1xAMC, 1xAM/SC and 2XSC! yes i have been given a grey GK who is absolutely terrible wouldnt even get in a BSP team his stats are that bad.

This really needs looking at for next years game, I thought all of this had been sorted in last years game compared to a few years ago when this would happen quite often!

If anyone at SI is interested I have saved the game at the point where Im about to try and send a team out to play against Kiev ( who have previously beat me twice with my full strength team in the group stages) if you would like to have a copy of it!

Thanks for bringing this up, it's something that we are looking in to. No need for the save on this occasions but thanks anyway!

1. West Ham

2. Board Confidence Update(Strangely enough, BCU at the time it froze showed me this" the board feels that its not the right time to comment on your performance yet"), even though i have been managing the team for awhile now. This was fixed on subsequent loadups

3.Only the autosave, cant remember which month though, sorry.

game froze again, when I just got fired, decided to check the profiles of the managers tipped for the job so i pressed the triangle button,and it froze right there, before the PSP shut down as usual with all other crashes

game froze again, when I just got fired, decided to check the profiles of the managers tipped for the job so i pressed the triangle button,and it froze right there, before the PSP shut down as usual with all other crashes

Do you have a save game which reproduces this crash? If so could you upload it to our FTP (instructions in the sticky at the top of this forum) and let us know. Thanks.

Do you have a save game which reproduces this crash? If so could you upload it to our FTP (instructions in the sticky at the top of this forum) and let us know. Thanks.

nope sorry. i didnt try the triangle button thing again and so far its been okay.will report further issues if required. sorry for the troubles.

Originally Posted by St.Dazzle

Shame.

I have the same feeling :( Any comments on this Glenn?

Hi mercer - the reason you started 18 games into the season will be because you're using the Brazilian start date, which is January 2010. You can select the game start date when setting up your game by pressing {Circle} on the nation's start date you want - England in your case.

Which stats are you referring to that are missing?

Hi guys,

Really sorry if this is just me being silly (as it often is) but I don't seem to be able to scout a player any more! I'm in my first season, and as I'm in December I'm looking to scout players whose contracts are expiring with a view to snapping them up on a free in the summer - the "scout player" option that was on the left hand side in previous versions of FMH isn't there.

Is there a "scouting option goes missing" bug or have I just missed an update to the format of the new game?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys,

Really sorry if this is just me being silly (as it often is) but I don't seem to be able to scout a player any more! I'm in my first season, and as I'm in December I'm looking to scout players whose contracts are expiring with a view to snapping them up on a free in the summer - the "scout player" option that was on the left hand side in previous versions of FMH isn't there.

Is there a "scouting option goes missing" bug or have I just missed an update to the format of the new game?

Thanks in advance

Could you give a quick run down on what you have been doing in the game prior to it not being there?

Also, please attach your save to the ftp and let me know once it's there.

There have been a few others who have experienced this and we are trying to see what the problem might be.

i picked four leagues to start off with brazil all divisions,england,spain and italy and picked arsenal and started off 18 games into the season and in second place,serious bug that one but none of my players had any stats crazy
Hi mercer - the reason you started 18 games into the season will be because you're using the Brazilian start date, which is January 2010. You can select the game start date when setting up your game by pressing {Circle} on the nation's start date you want - England in your case.

Which stats are you referring to that are missing?

i think he means games played, goals scored etc

I think this is in line with the PC game. I've only just started signing players on that version and I seem to recall I can't change the terms of a transfer once confirmed until the player has responded. So it may not be a bug. Perhaps someone can confirm this!

Yeh noticed this too when I wanted to pull out of an upcoming free transfer :thdn:

thats what i want to pull out of considering he wont sign for another 5 years and hell be 34 then and past it! as he signed a new contract after agreeing terms with me

Archived